Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Deal For PHO’s #6

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
T_J

Re: Deal For PHO’s #6

Post by T_J »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 am
thinktank wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:33 am I don’t think New Orleans knows if they want to win now or not yet.
Probably depend on what vets they get offered for #4.
I've heard people say they're a playoff team already. My opinion is no chance unless they're adding an allstar player to go with Jrue and Zion. Ball and Ingram just aren't that good. Plus how many rookies immediately have that big of impact.

I think they'd be best off being bad another year, get a high pick, and develop Zion + whoever next year and see who is decent of Ingram/Ball. Then they can package some future picks for a big time player right before Zion + whoever are about to get paid. It's the circle of life in the NBA.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

b
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
witljon

Post by witljon »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:33 am I don’t think New Orleans knows if they want to win now or not yet.
Or how good Zion will be right out of the gates.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

witljon wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:58 pm
Or how good Zion will be right out of the gates.
That is one of the huge question marks of this draft in my opinion. In the NBA is he going to be as effective in going to the rim against players that are now as strong and fast as he is without an outside shot?

I can see the "good NBA player" value. 14-16 points/8 rebounds. I think that is a given. He can get that just running the floor, hammering the o-glass, cutting and moving.

But can he defend anyone in the NBA and can he go beyond that "good" level. Now, I am not claiming that isn't going to happen, but it isn't a sure shot either. I say it is 70-30 he is a very good/great NBA player.