Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

My favorite new "Narrative" here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

My favorite new "Narrative" here

Post by RubeTube »

Is complaining what other West teams do as it somehow dictates what the Wolves will do. :lol:

Oh my! After all these new moves, the Wolves might have slipped from #11 to #12 :lol:

Oh ya... They would still be complete ass in the East too.

Moves like this might mean something when you are a top 5 team etc..

We are a lottery team with today's roster no matter what other teams do.

We need to be in on the D-Lo stakes to even be relevant at all.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: My favorite new "Narrative" here

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Ok
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

I guess just fuckin pack it up boyz. No reason to talk Wolves in Wolves chat.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

sh1mmyya wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 am I guess just fuckin pack it up boyz. No reason to talk Wolves in Wolves chat.
Never said that, cuz. we should be looking at prospects in the 20 lottery though.

If you think this team at what we currently have is going to be relevant in the NBA landscape next year. I feel sorry for ya.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:44 am
sh1mmyya wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 am I guess just fuckin pack it up boyz. No reason to talk Wolves in Wolves chat.
Never said that, cuz. we should be looking at prospects in the 20 lottery though.

If you think this team at what we currently have is going to be relevant in the NBA landscape next year. I feel sorry for ya.
Cool, feel sorry for me then.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
witljon

Post by witljon »

sh1mmyya wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:45 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:44 am

Cool, feel sorry for me then.
Me too!
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

I think we're just looking for shit to talk about.

This team has no cap space, no assets, just an unexciting pick in an unexciting draft. Even if we land the next Giannis, itll take years before he's worth a shit.

This might be the quietest offseason ever.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
witljon

Post by witljon »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:27 am I think we're just looking for shit to talk about.

This team has no cap space, no assets, just an unexciting pick in an unexciting draft. Even if we land the next Giannis, itll take years before he's worth a shit.

Well, we can hope to hit big on our draft pick, Okogie develops, and Wiggins improves.

.......and somehow land D'Angelo Russell.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:27 am I think we're just looking for shit to talk about.

I root for the Wolves so this shit doesn't affect me. What team do you root for?
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 am

I root for the Wolves so this shit doesn't affect me. What team do you root for?
g2ib7.jpg
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think one of the saddest downerest parts of the wiggins saga plays out in off seasons like this. because of who he is - and because of his bloated contract - we aren't a player in any sense with all this jockeying for talent, trades, FAs that other teams are involved in. he has no appeal to anyone in the league - so we're on the outside looking in. he's a "max" player who is non-entity in regards to this - and because of that, so is the team.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 pm i think one of the saddest downerest parts of the wiggins saga plays out in off seasons like this. because of who he is - and because of his bloated contract - we aren't a player in any sense with all this jockeying for talent, trades, FAs that other teams are involved in. he has no appeal to anyone in the league - so we're on the outside looking in. he's a non-entity in regards to this - and because of that, so is the team.
Well said. Imagine if we didn't have him on the books this off-season. :(
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 pm i think one of the saddest downerest parts of the wiggins saga plays out in off seasons like this. because of who he is - and because of his bloated contract - we aren't a player in any sense with all this jockeying for talent, trades, FAs that other teams are involved in. he has no appeal to anyone in the league - so we're on the outside looking in. he's a "max" player who is non-entity in regards to this - and because of that, so is the team.
We lucked out of the last FA frenzy. We are lucking out of this one. Our mistake last time was giving Gorgs a deal off the previous year when we should have let him shop and matched a smaller offer. I trust the new FO but next year is our moving year. Just a ton more flexibility and it will start at the deadline this year. A shit lot of money dries up this offseason. Next year we will have flexibility, a better idea of who we are, and less competition for players. I don't see the problem. You really need to step back and realize that overpaid or disappointing doesn't make you a bum. Wigs can play. Teague can play. Gorgs can play. You can win with those guys. We did 2 years ago. What does it really matter that they are overpaid? Do you think we'd be re-signing Butler or something?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:52 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 pm i think one of the saddest downerest parts of the wiggins saga plays out in off seasons like this. because of who he is - and because of his bloated contract - we aren't a player in any sense with all this jockeying for talent, trades, FAs that other teams are involved in. he has no appeal to anyone in the league - so we're on the outside looking in. he's a "max" player who is non-entity in regards to this - and because of that, so is the team.
We lucked out of the last FA frenzy. We are lucking out of this one. Our mistake last time was giving Gorgs a deal off the previous year when we should have let him shop and matched a smaller offer. I trust the new FO but next year is our moving year. Just a ton more flexibility and it will start at the deadline this year. A shit lot of money dries up this offseason. Next year we will have flexibility, a better idea of who we are, and less competition for players. I don't see the problem. You really need to step back and realize that overpaid or disappointing doesn't make you a bum. Wigs can play. Teague can play. Gorgs can play. You can win with those guys. We did 2 years ago. What does it really matter that they are overpaid? Do you think we'd be re-signing Butler or something?
Why do we have to wait to see "Who we are" We know what most of these guy's are and how this team looks.

It's a 35-40 game winner.

I actually think this team has a worse record this coming year.

Thibs was working miracles early in the year with some fluke luck.

The Saunders boy is not as good of a HC as Thibs.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:52 pm
Why do we have to wait to see "Who we are" We know what most of these guy's are and how this team looks.

It's a 35-40 game winner.
We don't know shit. New coach new system. Which Wigs do we get? What does a Full season of Roco, a new defensive 4 and playing Gorgs do to our D? Does it make Towns buy in? How much better are Okogie, Cam, and KBD? Does Tyus take a step? Do we even re-sign him? Can we get a legit guy with the MLE or do we save the cash for next year?

New coach, new FO, 10 guys of a 17 man roster under contract. How can you say you know who we are?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i was just saying that it's a shame that we don't even field any offers for wiggins. he's ours to figure out what to do with. imagine how different the landscape around here would feel if, for example, wiggins was the kind of player who the lakers would call about offering ingram, hart and their 4th pick for? and then, for us to have it be a hard decision?!?! wow.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:55 pm i was just saying that it's a shame that we don't even field any offers for wiggins. he's ours to figure out what to do with. imagine how different the landscape around here would feel if, for example, wiggins was the kind of player who the lakers would call about offering ingram, hart and their 4th pick for? and then, for us to have it be a hard decision?!?! wow.
It would be awesome if we had 10 AD's but here we are. We could trade Wigs easy. And we'd get next to nothing. Where we are money wise right now we have plenty of time for him to rehab his value to us or the trade market. I have full confidence in Ryan to design a role for him that he will improve in. That leads to confidence and that is what seems to be the difference in him from season to season and game to game.

We are in the middle right now. Good enough to take a big step, not good enough to be talking final steps. We can win while learning. We have spots to be won or lost. We could very well have almost all of them filled this year. It is certainly not out of the question that we draft a legit 10 year starter at the 4. And not out of the question that we can fill our PG role with a trade, the MLE, a lucky pick, an improved Tyus, or even the old Teague returns and we extend him for less money. If all of our rooks last year take big steps we just have more ammo for trades since all can't play.

And if that all blows up in our face? I surely don't want to cap strap us and then we have limited ways to improve. I think we're a playoff team. Many don't share that sentiment but I just look at the injuries and drama last year, some of the mismatched talent and think we are tweaks away from being good. Then we can worry about getting great.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think we're a playoff team too. that's maybe why i favor just holding at 11 and taking clarke. i think he can be a valuable starter in the league for quite awhile - and one who would help turn our D around. nassir little, for example, i want no part of at 11. i know he's got all sorts of potential. i'm just not sold on the concept that says high school potential should be valued greater than college performance.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:22 pm i think we're a playoff team too. that's maybe why i favor just holding at 11 and taking clarke. i think he can be a valuable starter in the league for quite awhile - and one who would help turn our D around. nassir little, for example, i want no part of at 11. i know he's got all sorts of potential. i'm just not sold on the concept that says high school potential should be valued greater than college performance.
Doumboya is the obvious swing for the fences guy. What's it worth to get him? Don't know. Clarke is one hell of a fall back plan and makes us better sooner. Kabengele is the wild card for me as he's got the shot blocking of Clarke and the shooting of Doumboya but I don't know if I'd be comfortable moving back too much so you'd likely have to pick him at 11 over Clarke. Don't know if I could do that. Any of them I'm happy so moving up would have to be fairly cheap. But hey, we have a Moray trained GM now. he'll find a way to recoup those assets if we spend some.

I will say I'd be shocked if one of them is not the choice barring a trade down.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:53 pm Is complaining what other West teams do as it somehow dictates what the Wolves will do. :lol:

Oh my! After all these new moves, the Wolves might have slipped from #11 to #12 :lol:

Was in the midst of creating a thread titled "likely scenario...we suck"

but decided not to post it...

Likely scenario, based on what we have...

The core
KAT and Wiggins...whether or not you agree this is what our core should be, its what it is, and its hard to move either player

Role players
RoCo who cant stay healthy, Dario who despite a nice skill set hasn't proven his worth, Teague who only has one year left and doesnt have much trade value, and Tyus who is nothing more than okay.

Prospects
Okogie and KBD...yippee!!! Both work hard and show they can contribute, but nothing we can really hold our hats on for future stars.

Dead Weight
Gorgui. Good enough to be the NBA, but oof...that contract.

Draft pick Everyone's best case scenario in the draft likely won't work. Chances are we arent getting someone like Sekou or Rui to fall to us, and if we swing for the fences like someone with Bol, that player won't hit his potential...#11 is a shit pick.

Hard to make a compatible team with this bunch, even with froobs proposed deals that would never work out.

Its a long road ahead of us.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

KAT needs to step up a little more, Wiggins needs to not be worthless. That is the only way we get better. Roco is an impact player but you can't hinge your hopes on a role player. Saric needs to be good every single night and keep his shooting where it was with us last season.

We can compete if those things happen and that's all we want right now, to compete and not be a horrible lottery team any longer.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:39 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:53 pm Is complaining what other West teams do as it somehow dictates what the Wolves will do. :lol:

Was in the midst of creating a thread titled "likely scenario...we suck"

but decided not to post it...

Likely scenario, based on what we have...

The core
KAT and Wiggins...whether or not you agree this is what our core should be, its what it is, and its hard to move either player

Role players
RoCo who cant stay healthy, Dario who despite a nice skill set hasn't proven his worth, Teague who only has one year left and doesnt have much trade value, and Tyus who is nothing more than okay.

Prospects
Okogie and KBD...yippee!!! Both work hard and show they can contribute, but nothing we can really hold our hats on for future stars.

Dead Weight
Gorgui. Good enough to be the NBA, but oof...that contract.

Draft pick Everyone's best case scenario in the draft likely won't work. Chances are we arent getting someone like Sekou or Rui to fall to us, and if we swing for the fences like someone with Bol, that player won't hit his potential...#11 is a shit pick.

Hard to make a compatible team with this bunch, even with froobs proposed deals that would never work out.

Its a long road ahead of us.
Pretty much agree. I would say I think of the role player's listed are shit other than RoCo.

I have a bit more faith in Okogie also. :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

I can cheer for a .500 team that is ran correctly (owner, GM), coached correctly (see New Jersey, Atlanta) and has players that work hard and have fun (see KAT and Obi wan). If this mix doesn't get a play-off spot this next season, that is fine by me.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Those aren't new narratives....at all.