Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

AD to the Lakers

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
B-Town

Re: AD to the Lakers

Post by B-Town »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:20 pm The key for New Orleans is the picks and swap. The players they received in the deal do nothing for me personally. Lonzo can’t shoot. Like at all. We’ve seen that movie. Hart is a guy, a rotation player. Ingram takes two steps forward and one step back constantly in his career. Plus, the blood clot issue is legitimately serious.
I agree. The Pelicans have the opportunity to instantly rebuild with the #1 and #4. The additional picks for future seasons could put them over the top. The players they got are just bodies to fill out the team.

I honestly really like this trade for NO. Davis is an excellent player, but he's not very durable.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
witljon

Post by witljon »

B-Town wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:20 pm The key for New Orleans is the picks and swap. The players they received in the deal do nothing for me personally. Lonzo can’t shoot. Like at all. We’ve seen that movie. Hart is a guy, a rotation player. Ingram takes two steps forward and one step back constantly in his career. Plus, the blood clot issue is legitimately serious.
I agree. The Pelicans have the opportunity to instantly rebuild with the #1 and #4. The additional picks for future seasons could put them over the top. The players they got are just bodies to fill out the team.
Remember, those bodies just to fill out the roster are former opportunities to instantly rebuild.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:31 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:14 pm Can't believe the Pelicans didnt get or demand Kuzma. Lakers were also probably elated to get rid of Lonzo.
Said the same thing. Doesn't make any sense. I would of demanded Kuzma. LA wasn't going to stop a deal over that.
The main reason why Kuzma was never added is because of his contract.

Ball: 8,719,320
Ingram: 7,265,485
Kuzma: 1,974,600

Lakers trying to get all the cap space they can.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:48 pm parsing parsing. again. read the stats. lonzo's a really crappy FT shooter. but he's been EXACTLY the same as rubio from 3 in his career - and his career % from 2 is 4 pts higher than rubio's. that makes rubio a better FT shooter - and THAT's IT! rubio's averaged 3.7 trips to the line for his career - ball a measly 1.2. so HEY RUBIO IS A MUCH BETTER SHOOTER than lonzo to the tune of MAYBE 2 pts per game from the line - which lonzo then makes up for in the better % from 2. i am not anywhere proposing the concept that lonzo ball is a great threat with his shot - but to say that ricky rubio is a "much better shooter" than lonzo ball is just utter bullshit.
1) 2P% doesn't mean anything unless you look at it deeper. 2P% includes everything from lay ups and dunks to any shot that isn't a 3. Lonzo "shot" 54.2% at the rim which is what inflates his 2P%.

2) Rubio literally has shot better from every distance in his career than Lonzo has.

2P% doesn't tell you anything about how good of a shooter you are. Rubio can SHOOT better than Ball from anywhere and considering how much everyone bitched about Rubio...get a load of Lonzo :lol:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

If I was NO, I would trade with Atl. Pick #4 for #8 and #10.

It would be nice to get Garland but they have Holiday and Ball. Trade for the two picks.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:44 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:31 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:14 pm Can't believe the Pelicans didnt get or demand Kuzma. Lakers were also probably elated to get rid of Lonzo.
Said the same thing. Doesn't make any sense. I would of demanded Kuzma. LA wasn't going to stop a deal over that.
The main reason why Kuzma was never added is because of his contract.

Ball: 8,719,320
Ingram: 7,265,485
Kuzma: 1,974,600

Lakers trying to get all the cap space they can.
That is probably the main reason, but another reason is he is better than Ball and Ingram.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

witljon wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:08 pm
B-Town wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm
Remember, those bodies just to fill out the roster are former opportunities to instantly rebuild.
That's a fair point. I don't think either of those guys were Zion level good, and it's hard to think of a better way to start a rebuild than him plus their choice of players at #4. Still, the guys they draft absolutely could flop or get injured, as could Davis in LA.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!