Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official 19' Froob Annual NBA Draft**Complete

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: ***Official 19' Froob Annual NBA Draft**Complete

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 pm RubAndTug has like 2.5 players that I like on his roster based on fit. 6th seed and a first round 7 game exit. If LeBitch doesnt break his hyman.
Lulz. Lay off teh pipe, Johnny boy.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:56 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 pm RubAndTug has like 2.5 players that I like on his roster based on fit. 6th seed and a first round 7 game exit. If LeBitch doesnt break his hyman.
Lulz. Lay off teh pipe, Johnny boy.
When did you become such a square?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

2k20 comes out Sept. 6th so I'll do the simulation then. I do think we should vote on the teams as well to have two results
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 am 2k20 comes out Sept. 6th so I'll do the simulation then. I do think we should vote on the teams as well to have two results
I like voting on the teams. Even though the rookies haven't played for those that took them...its still better now than later.

I suggest we vote on the teams and then run the simulation when the game comes out. That seems good and we'll be done with this sooner and get some actual results.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

YBBR wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:19 am
OliverMiller wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 am 2k20 comes out Sept. 6th so I'll do the simulation then. I do think we should vote on the teams as well to have two results
I like voting on the teams. Even though the rookies haven't played for those that took them...its still better now than later.

I suggest we vote on the teams and then run the simulation when the game comes out. That seems good and we'll be done with this sooner and get some actual results.
Voting fails 3 years in a row.

Year 4: I got an idea, let's vote!
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

This is supposed to be what guys do this year. Why would we sim it before the year even starts?

It should be simmed at the end of the year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

Looks like
15 I don't cares
2 want to sim with nba2k20
1 wants to sim right now somehow
1 wants a vote now and after the season
1 wants a sim after the season
1 retired and doesn't care
1 is being a crab apple about everything

We're so close to an agreement!
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Can't we vote and sim before the season and vote and sim after?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It makes ZERO sense to vote or sim right now. We do these drafts on what we think guys will do for the upcoming year. Not what they are right now.

Honestly, I don't even care. We never get this figured out. We do NFL and MLB ones too and we never get a result there either. I just enjoy picking the teams.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 pm Can't we vote and sim before the season and vote and sim after?
That's crazy talk. :shock:

OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

j2j wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 pm Can't we vote and sim before the season and vote and sim after?
I know sorry. It'd be too big of a distraction from *checks notes* Jake Layman
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:04 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:55 pm It makes ZERO sense to vote or sim right now. We do these drafts on what we think guys will do for the upcoming year. Not what they are right now.

Honestly, I don't even care. We never get this figured out. We do NFL and MLB ones too and we never get a result there either. I just enjoy picking the teams.
RT is officially strongly for and against every possible outcome.

If only we all agreed with him we'd make some progress.
j2j

Post by j2j »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:04 pm
Jake who? I haven't seen a multi-million dollar ad campaign and daily camp highlight videos of any Jake Legman... You sure he's even on the team?

t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

I'd like to have a vote on the vote results then be graded on that vote then take a poll on if the grades were justified.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Seriously though, why not both? Give points for each place in the sim and the voting and then average them out to determine winner
j2j

Post by j2j »

OliverMiller wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:04 pm Seriously though, why not both? Give points for each place in the sim and the voting and then average them out to determine winner
Agreed, I'm in.

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

The problem with voting in previous years has been that it's after the season when no one cares, or at least well after the season's underway. If we vote now...speaking for myself I still kinda care, but the more time passes the more that dwindles. Let's get this damn show on the road.

And if you're not going to hold injuries against teams then you really can't wait to the end of the season because that's what happens. The only bad thing is you have zero rookie performances, but that's a small thing. Someone set up some kind of playoff thing. Let's vote and do something with these teams for once!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

I think y'all should shut the fuck up, wait til Sept 6 and let it sim out, then abe will crown the winner.

Btw anybody need offense? I'm still open for a trade.

I'm dangling Lavine and Rudy Gay
bombers3shooter

Re: ***Official 19' Froob Annual NBA Draft***Pick#55 SMY

Post by bombers3shooter »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:26 am too much undeniable skill and talent to let pass, just one year away from going 25/13/5 with a steal and a half and a block and a half per game, 2nd year back from an injury is usually when you see a player regain their form, and he's going to get a ton of open looks this season having bron and AD as teammates.

with the 55th pick, the atlanta hawks select DEMARCUS COUSINS.

PG - jrue holiday
SG - paul george / jrue holiday
SF - paul george
PF -
C - demarcus cousins
He gone!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

actually, no. if someone is going to get good PT out of this thing from KD, then i can still get good PT out of this thing from DMC.

but actually i'm bummed that he's out for his own sake. i've never been a fan of him personally - but he's a helluva talent, and i think he was poised to have a great year as the third wheel in LA. if he had been healthy, and with the attention that AD and bron will receive, cousins IMO was going to have a great year. bah.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

My take would be anyone injured in real life is injured here, it's part of the game. Just bad luck that, imo, affects both. I know not everyone agrees with me, though.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

j2j wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:07 am My take would be anyone injured in real life is injured here, it's part of the game. Just bad luck that, imo, affects both. I know not everyone agrees with me, though.
i somewhat agree with you...

but..

the rules were set up to allow injured players to factor into play as though they were fully healthy. that's why kevin durant, who won't play a minute this year, went overall #9. because of this, there should be no penalty for me picking a guy at 55 overall, who happened to get injured post-draft. in real life, the lakers are devastated with this injury because a healthy boogie figured to loom large in their plans for the season. according to how this draft was set up, that dynamic should still apply to how cousins is assessed. he was not going to be a bit player off their bench, he was factoring large. and the last full(ish) season he played (48 games for the 2017-18 pelicans) he averaged 25.2 ppg/12.9 rpg/5.4 apg with 1.6 spg and 1.6 bpg.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:48 am
j2j wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:07 am My take would be anyone injured in real life is injured here, it's part of the game. Just bad luck that, imo, affects both. I know not everyone agrees with me, though.
i somewhat agree with you...

but..

the rules were set up to allow injured players to factor into play as though they were fully healthy. that's why kevin durant, who won't play a minute this year, went overall #9. because of this, there should be no penalty for me picking a guy at 55 overall, who happened to get injured post-draft. in real life, the lakers are devastated with this injury because a healthy boogie figured to loom large in their plans for the season. according to how this draft was set up, that dynamic should still apply to how cousins is assessed. he was not going to be a bit player off their bench, he was factoring large. and the last full(ish) season he played (48 games for the 2017-18 pelicans) he averaged 25.2 ppg/12.9 rpg/5.4 apg with 1.6 spg and 1.6 bpg.
Oh I know what the rules state, I just don't agree with them. And I know my opinion on the rules means nothing. I'm just a lonely froob over here in my own little corner with a different opinion. No worries.

I'd have this same opinion if Kemba tore his ACL.

It's why I intentionally avoided players who are seriously injured.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

well, notice i picked george over durant. same reason. i didn't want to go into the season with a injured starter. now it looks like i am. oh well, that's why they call it "fantasy" draft!
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Im downloading NBA2K20 now, I'll do a sim once it's done :beer:
T_J

Post by T_J »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:08 am Im downloading NBA2K20 now, I'll do a sim once it's done :beer:
Are you done yet?

:D
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

T_J wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:31 am
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:08 am Im downloading NBA2K20 now, I'll do a sim once it's done :beer:
Are you done yet?

:D
I should be starting in about an hour, but I think we all know that the Knicks are going top win it all :beer:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Here we go fellas! The game is finally downloaded, its go time!! :beer:
Style

Post by Style »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:35 pm Here we go fellas! The game is finally downloaded, its go time!! :beer:
Go Celtics!

(Can you adjust my coaching settings to focus more on 3s? Also I'd like the settings for the Celtics offense to be changed a bit to a more fast paced tempo. Not like run and gun O, but just a taddd more fast paced than it is now. This will increase my best player's skillset.) ;)
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald