Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Derrick Rose spills the beans

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Moses Scurry

Re: Derrick Rose spills the beans

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:16 pm
Dan33185 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:16 pm

I knew you would say something dumb like that thus no argument. Who's worse on a worse contract on this list (that are actually playing)?

Hayward? Who else?

You're the one who deals in strictly hyperbole and never once have provided any evidence Wiggins is a good player.
Chris Paul, Melo (not sure if he officially retired or not), Otto Porter possibly
John freakin Wall will make like 38 mil to not play next year and 40 after to be old and broken, but Moses does not exaggerate about Wigs. He's still the worst contract in the league because :lol: :lol: :lol: because :lol: :lol: Moses is rational and not biased
Thrill lying because he doesn't have a argument.

Me: "So Wiggins doesn't have one of the worst contracts in the league? You're saying Wiggins isn't one of the worst players getting a max contract?

Thrill: "but Moses does not exaggerate about Wigs. He's still the worst contract in the league"

Can't read Thrill? Please go find where I said the worst in the league.
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

So rose isn't coming back. Which is a bummer. He was a really good bench player.

Seems like KAT doesn't have the respect from from the vets. Which isn't good.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Wakanda wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:46 am So rose isn't coming back. Which is a bummer. He was a really good bench player.

Don't know if it's lack of respect or jealousy. Sounds like Rose likes both, but pointing out the fact that KAT/Wiggins got paid before accomplishing anything. (via Butler)
Butler hasn't really done anything either, so it's hypocritical for him to be upset for young guys getting paid after he said "it's not about the money."

Sounds like Rose is moving on, and wants to get paid a different way. Bet he sells quite a few books.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:24 am
Dan33185 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm

Chris Paul, Melo (not sure if he officially retired or not), Otto Porter possibly
John freakin Wall will make like 38 mil to not play next year and 40 after to be old and broken, but Moses does not exaggerate about Wigs. He's still the worst contract in the league because :lol: :lol: :lol: because :lol: :lol: Moses is rational and not biased

Me: "So Wiggins doesn't have one of the worst contracts in the league? You're saying Wiggins isn't one of the worst players getting a max contract?

Thrill: "but Moses does not exaggerate about Wigs. He's still the worst contract in the league"

You and others said it over and over. You also called him untradeable. The most untradeable. No shock you obfuscate and run from it.

All you've ever seen from me about Wigs is yes he's a disappointment but the exaggeration is getting old. Go ahead and run from it.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:00 am
Wakanda wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:46 am So rose isn't coming back. Which is a bummer. He was a really good bench player.

Don't know if it's lack of respect or jealousy. Sounds like Rose likes both, but pointing out the fact that KAT/Wiggins got paid before accomplishing anything. (via Butler)
Butler hasn't really done anything either, so it's hypocritical for him to be upset for young guys getting paid after he said "it's not about the money."

Sounds like Rose is moving on, and wants to get paid a different way. Bet he sells quite a few books.
Jeez dude. He's talking specifically about Towns and he says the league spoils him.

And I'm sure what you guys are and have been missing about this all along. Butler loses money getting traded GUARANTEED! Yet he forced a trade to get away from Towns. And you think it's "about the money" You all write that like he forced his way out to get more money. HE IS TAKING LESS TO GET AWAY!

The money was the thing that told Towns he was the leader even though he was not the player, competitor, or leader that Butler was. Once Butler knew that he knew he wouldn't win here battling with Towns for control.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think the discussion boils down to this. butler saw he wasn't going to win a title here. it would take too long for what he's got left in the tank (if it ever would happen) - so he opted to go elsewhere to try to get a ring. let's not put too much importance on whether it's for the money or not for the money. butler has made a shit-ton of money playing pro ball and unless his head is completely screwed on sillyass backwards, he's got plenty to get him thru this lifetime. it's not like he took the deal to go to philly for a buck two ninety eight. his desire to win a title is cool. but let's also not read too much into his dissatisfaction with KAT or spoiled younger players or whatever. it's like that on many teams with inexperienced younger players. in a way, it's jimmy blowing steam to cover up what's really going on.

he would have come across a lot better to me if he just would have said "listen. i only have so much tread on my tire. a title isn't going to happen here in my pro lifetime. i don't want to do all the work that's necessary to grow a team like this, but it might not be worth it in the end anyway. and i want a title before i retire. sorry, minny, for putting you thru this bullshit. thibs brought me over in a trade that seemed like a good idea at first, but didn't work out."
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Just pure haterade. I get it, Jimmy is a huge douchebag. Try and separate his on court play from his abrasive personality. He's accomplished plenty in the league. If it's title or nothing, then you can lay that on the majority of the league.

It's the same bullshit when people talk about Rubio. Oh he's so cute and nice and smiles so that means he's really good. I think it's gotta be a MN thing to evaluate athletes play by how nice they interview or if they suck up to the local media. I'll go ahead and label it "Joe Mauer" syndrome.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Clearly Rose aint coming back with comments like this.

I get the idea of guys like Towns coming in and being a bit entitled but Butler also came in with this whole "You need to bow down to me" mentality. I get he had to earn/work to get to that point compared to just being drafted #1 but still.

Rose can say whatever he wants but this team was never going to succeed with Butler. Butler wants to be alpha but he isnt good enough to be alpha.

We need more leadership out of Towns and Wiggins but that will come.... well, with Towns it will. Wiggins is a lost cause.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

T_J wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:37 am

Just pure haterade. I get it, Jimmy is a huge douchebag. Try and separate his on court play from his abrasive personality. He's accomplished plenty in the league. If it's title or nothing, then you can lay that on the majority of the league.

It's the same bullshit when people talk about Rubio. Oh he's so cute and nice and smiles so that means he's really good. I think it's gotta be a MN thing to evaluate athletes play by how nice they interview or if they suck up to the local media. I'll go ahead and label it "Joe Mauer" syndrome.
Okay fine. Who would you choose if you were a GM? A guy that's constantly throwing his team mates under the bus, or a guy that's young and improving, (who only Jimmy thinks is a spoiled brat?) KAT has been a pro thru this whole thing, and all Jimmy complains about is KAT getting paid more than him. Who's jealous now.

Can you tell me what "plenty" he's accomplished.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

D_B_U wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:05 am Clearly Rose aint coming back with comments like this.

I get the idea of guys like Towns coming in and being a bit entitled but Butler also came in with this whole "You need to bow down to me" mentality. I get he had to earn/work to get to that point compared to just being drafted #1 but still.

Rose can say whatever he wants but this team was never going to succeed with Butler. Butler wants to be alpha but he isnt good enough to be alpha.

We need more leadership out of Towns and Wiggins but that will come.... well, with Towns it will. Wiggins is a lost cause.
Good post, but my thing is, why didn't Butler try and help Towns man to man, not under a media bus. Also, for Towns to get to where he was a #1 pick, he had to work plenty hard. Why didn't Butler work harder to get drafted sooner? Kettle meet pot.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:15 am
D_B_U wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:05 am Clearly Rose aint coming back with comments like this.

Good post, but my thing is, why didn't Butler try and help Towns man to man, not under a media bus. Also, for Towns to get to where he was a #1 pick, he had to work plenty hard. Why didn't Butler work harder to get drafted sooner? Kettle meet pot.
Butler and Towns had very, very different upbringings. Wiggins/Towns came from well to do families... Butler came from nothing. Food for thought.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Gibson seems to disagree with that comment. And Rose's comment is more about money in general... funny how vets think they should continue to get paid based on past performances but they get upset when the young guys who come in on rookie scale deals get tons of money thrown their pay based on potential (often).

Vets: Pay me because of what I've done
Young guys: Pay me because of what I (hopefully) can do in the future

Get rid of the draft and max contracts then we'll see who makes $$$$.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:27 am

You and others said it over and over. You also called him untradeable. The most untradeable. No shock you obfuscate and run from it.

All you've ever seen from me about Wigs is yes he's a disappointment but the exaggeration is getting old. Go ahead and run from it.
Never said untradeable either. :lol:

Still waiting for you to provide one stat where he is average. Also waiting for that huge list of players with worse deals.

You know he sucks and his contract sucks, you just like being a contrarian.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:43 am

Butler and Towns had very, very different upbringings. Wiggins/Towns came from well to do families... Butler came from nothing. Food for thought.
I get that, but who's fault is that? Sounds like Butler will always be jealous of kids that parents were well off. And....How do we know Towns is a spoiled brat? What other source do we have besides Butler? Have there been news outlets reporting this? Again what was Towns to do? Refuse the payday?
My thing with Butler is he's calling out teammates everywhere he goes for not working as hard as him. Then his media outburst makes him look immature and clearly jealous and not a leader.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:47 am

Still waiting for you to provide one stat where he is average. Also waiting for that huge list of players with worse deals.

I'd take Wiggins over Parsons for next year's salary at least. In terms of complete contract swaps, Wall and CP3 are right there with Wiggins for the worst in the league right now. But this thing changes year to year of course. A year ago someone might have said Blake Griffin's contract is the worst... he has a better year and he drops off the chart.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:43 am

I get that, but who's fault is that? Sounds like Butler will always be jealous of kids that parents were well off. And....How do we know Towns is a spoiled brat? What other source do we have besides Butler? Have there been news outlets reporting this? Again what was Towns to do? Refuse the payday?
My thing with Butler is he's calling out teammates everywhere he goes for not working as hard as him. Then his media outburst makes him look immature and clearly jealous and not a leader.
I thought the reports out there said Butler was "fine" with Towns. It was Wiggins who drove him crazy. Butler thought Towns worked hard, maybe he didn't like how Towns bitches to the refs all the time and then doesn't always get back on defense? Butler noticeably doesn't complain to the refs as much as other "star" players.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:00 am I thought the reports out there said Butler was "fine" with Towns. It was Wiggins who drove him crazy. Butler thought Towns worked hard, maybe he didn't like how Towns bitches to the refs all the time and then doesn't always get back on defense? Butler noticeably doesn't complain to the refs as much as other "star" players.
Okay, but if you believe Rose he had a problem with Towns getting paid before he accomplished anything. I guess he saw Wiggins already getting paid (before he came) and saw he wasn't living up to the contract. But instead of mentoring Wiggins on working harder, he calls him out in the media.

I do like that he doesn't complain to the refs.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Rose is going to sign with a team that expects him to play 35 minutes a night for 82 games.... he will be broken by the end of November.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:58 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:47 am

I'd take Wiggins over Parsons for next year's salary at least. In terms of complete contract swaps, Wall and CP3 are right there with Wiggins for the worst in the league right now. But this thing changes year to year of course. A year ago someone might have said Blake Griffin's contract is the worst... he has a better year and he drops off the chart.
So basically people can only muster a handful of contracts that are maybe worse than Wiggins. Case closed.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

When the new regime starts looking at Rose through more analytical lenses, what will they see in him?
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Very fair point.

I dont get the feeling that Butler gives two craps about others success. I think he is 100% focused on getting his $$$.

Some are wired that way. Butler seems to have the reputation for not being the best teammate or even person. Might be unfair or just rumored but that is what I have heard(mainly via media members).

Not saying Towns didnt work hard.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:12 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:00 am I thought the reports out there said Butler was "fine" with Towns. It was Wiggins who drove him crazy. Butler thought Towns worked hard, maybe he didn't like how Towns bitches to the refs all the time and then doesn't always get back on defense? Butler noticeably doesn't complain to the refs as much as other "star" players.
Okay, but if you believe Rose he had a problem with Towns getting paid before he accomplished anything. I guess he saw Wiggins already getting paid (before he came) and saw he wasn't living up to the contract. But instead of mentoring Wiggins on working harder, he calls him out in the media.

Wiggins' extension wasn't done until the fall of 2017, months after Jimmy was traded here. Remember Glen had to meet with him so he'd promise to improve?

As to your other point. I wouldn't classify a 4 time allstar and 4 time all defense as not accomplishing anything. Philly was a Kawhi 4 donk 3 pointer from the conference finals and maybe the finals this year.

But of course anyone is taking Towns if they were the GM over Jimmy.

As a side note, I'm bored to death listening to KAT talk about anything. It's all politically correct, PR friendly garbage.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

T_J wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:58 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:12 am

Wiggins' extension wasn't done until the fall of 2017, months after Jimmy was traded here. Remember Glen had to meet with him so he'd promise to improve?

As to your other point. I wouldn't classify a 4 time allstar and 4 time all defense as not accomplishing anything. Philly was a Kawhi 4 donk 3 pointer from the conference finals and maybe the finals this year.

But of course anyone is taking Towns if they were the GM over Jimmy.

As a side note, I'm bored to death listening to KAT talk about anything. It's all politically correct, PR friendly garbage.
Yeah, my bad.
I would rather listen to KAT and his politics than Jimmy trashing his mates. I know what Butler is saying as far as accomplishments, and he has had some good seasons and made some allstar teams, but give KAT time, he should have better stats than Butler with time. Also, Butler shouldn't act as if he didn't get paid, he did sign a $95 million dollar deal, so if it's not about the money, why did he list the three worst teams he would play for during his trade demands? Big market that's why.

Who remembers him acting as if he was going to single handedly save our franchise when he strutted thru the MOA? Diva.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Ha, I didn't say anything about politics, I'm talking about every fucking interview being this:

"Durr, just trying to get better. I want to win. Durr, the guys played well tonight." It's very fake, cliche crap.

What top players in this league aren't divas? And let me go ahead and field your next point, "Jimmy is an asshole so therefore not a top 12-14 guy in the league". That's wrong too.

Lebron - diva
Durant - diva
Harden - diva
Kawhi - diva
Curry - diva
Giannis - ok, maybe I found one
Embiid - diva
Irving - diva
Davis - diva
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:31 am Rose is going to sign with a team that expects him to play 35 minutes a night for 82 games.... he will be broken by the end of November.
Heck, he was already broken at the end of this season.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
D_H

Post by D_H »

Rose can be a very productive guy on a title contender playing 15 minutes a game or so against second stringers. Unfortunately his days of being one of the main guys is over with due to injuries. Too bad the guy was headed for the Hall of Fame.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

D_H wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:42 pm Rose can be a very productive guy on a title contender playing 15 minutes a game or so against second stringers. Unfortunately his days of being one of the main guys is over with due to injuries. Too bad the guy was headed for the Hall of Fame.
He was actually quite good at quelling his desires to play too much. It was Thibs who threw him out there for too many minutes.

It's very hard to change a champion fighters mindset, that they cannot do what they once did.