Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Derrick Rose spills the beans

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Mplsfonz

Re: Derrick Rose spills the beans

Post by Mplsfonz »

Didn't Taylor offer Wiggins before Butler got here?
Or during the summer we traded for him. Or is he talking about KAT?
j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 am Looks like Rose isn’t coming back. Cool to know what happened but what happens in the locker room stays there unless you plan on leaving.

Always said, Jimmy’s beef was that Karl and wigs got 5 year maxed deals and he didn’t so when he was on espn with Rachel crying it wasn’t about the money; he was full of shit.

But I heard Philly will give him the max 5 years.
Agreed. And it's best to just move on. Too much fucking drama.

Of course Rose paints over thr fact that Thibs was the POBO. Makes it hard to pay Jimmy when they're backing up the Brinks truck for mediocre players whose talent is maxed out like Teague, Gorgui, and Taj.
Last edited by j2j on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Isn't there a code in the NBA to not talk about someone else's money?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:11 am Didn't Taylor offer Wiggins before Butler got here?
Wigs got offered after year 3 so before Jimmy came. Karl got it while Jimmy was here. He was mad that both guys got it and not him.

He is right that we have to pay young guys before they are proven but he was a straight ass hole and tanked the season with general soreness.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

j2j wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 am Looks like Rose isn’t coming back. Cool to know what happened but what happens in the locker room stays there unless you plan on leaving.

Always said, Jimmy’s beef was that Karl and wigs got 5 year maxed deals and he didn’t so when he was on espn with Rachel crying it wasn’t about the money; he was full of shit.

But I heard Philly will give him the max 5 years.
Agreed. And it's best to just move on. Too much fucking drama.

Of course Rose paints over thr fact that Thibs was the POBO. Makes it hard to pay Jimmy when they're backing up the Brinks truck for mediocre players whose talent is maxed out like Teague, Gorgui, and Taj.
That means Okogie is going to have to be instant offense off the bench.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I don't think many people thought Rose was coming back.... did they?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:43 am I don't think many people thought Rose was coming back.... did they?
No, but until the door is slammed shut I'm sure some have a little hope.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:43 am I don't think many people thought Rose was coming back.... did they?
I do but I know it wont happen.

The only way is if he took the minimum he possibly on a 1 year deal. Too damn injury prone to sign him to a multiple year deal and while he provides instant offense he still is a travesty on defense even though he did have some awesome plays on that side (notably that end of the game block during his 50 point game). Last year he was like a Jamal Crawford on steroids solely comparing the role they played even though they have a completely different style.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:24 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:11 am Didn't Taylor offer Wiggins before Butler got here?
Wigs got offered after year 3 so before Jimmy came. Karl got it while Jimmy was here. He was mad that both guys got it and not him.

He is right that we have to pay young guys before they are proven but he was a straight ass hole and tanked the season with general soreness.
He should have thought of that before he came here. I know he was traded, but Thibs was the one who made promises.
BTW, WTF has Jimmy accomplished? So he worked hard and made the PO's a few times. Is that accomplishing something?
Hell, why isn't he mad about Embiid getting paid? He's never healthy and made a shit-ton of money.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

“Look, it wasn’t his fault,” Rose wrote of Butler’s situation and trade request. “It’s the league’s fault. Nothing against Karl-Anthony Towns, he’s cool — and he’s good. But you get these kids and you spoil them before they achieve something.”

That's what he was and always was pissed about. The money was how it presented itself but as I said from second 1 he hated Wigs and Towns getting more while not playing as well or as hard.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

j2j wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:52 am
No, but until the door is slammed shut I'm sure some have a little hope.
I think the door has slammed shut.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Butler turned down the same deal Paul George and LeBron are on now. He deserves whatever he gets out there in the world. Not surprised it's coming out now that the famous practice was just lies. Butler is a jealous, lying pile. Poor Jimmy didn't get what KAT got earlier. Maybe if he wasn't a cancer, or had shown he could play better in CHI before season 2-3, he'd have been on a better deal. People like him are garbage in a team situation. Philly will learn...eventually...maybe...
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:39 am
Southpaw23 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:24 am There’s 0 scenario where KAT doesn’t get the max - 0.

Getting pissed about it is stupid.

Wiggins on the other hand, I still don’t understand why you wouldn’t let him hit RFA.
Wigs was ascending

Year 1 Rookie of the year
Year 2 Rising Stars MvP 20ppg
Year 3 23.6 ppg

They didn’t want a Kevin Love or Gordon Hayward scenario where the player would sign a 3+1 opt out contract.

Small market like us, we wanted to lock them up.

Wigs has declined but I am willing to give him one more season because he’s still young, has the tools, and we have a new regime. Last year though for me.
Ummm you might want to look back at what actually happened. From day one everyone mocked and laughed at the contract he got. The fact that Taylor insisted that Wiggins look him in the eye and just try harder proves that this organization wasn't even 100% confident in Wiggins.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:28 am Butler turned down the same deal Paul George and LeBron are on now. He deserves whatever he gets out there in the world. Not surprised it's coming out now that the famous practice was just lies. Butler is a jealous, lying pile. Poor Jimmy didn't get what KAT got earlier. Maybe if he wasn't a cancer, or had shown he could play better in CHI before season 2-3, he'd have been on a better deal. People like him are garbage in a team situation. Philly will learn...eventually...maybe...
Amen.....He's jealous because he didn't and still doesn't have the talent that KAT has. I am so sick of his "I GOT US TO THE PLAYOFFS" crap.
Were we a better team with him on the floor? Yes. Did he do it ALONE? NO!
How about you make it thru a WHOLE season before asking for more money. Kat has been in the league 4 years and has played almost as many games.
Butler is good for a bunch of 1st round exits. Screams max player to me.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:40 am
Southpaw23 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:24 am There’s 0 scenario where KAT doesn’t get the max - 0.

Getting pissed about it is stupid.

Wiggins on the other hand, I still don’t understand why you wouldn’t let him hit RFA.
Wigs was ascending

Year 3 23.6 ppg

They didn’t want a Kevin Love or Gordon Hayward scenario where the player would sign a 3+1 opt out contract.

Wigs has declined but I am willing to give him one more season because he’s still young, has the tools, and we have a new regime. Last year though for me.
Ummm you might want to look back at what actually happened. From day one everyone mocked and laughed at the contract he got. The fact that Taylor insisted that Wiggins look him in the eye and just try harder proves that this organization wasn't even 100% confident in Wiggins.
More hyperbole and straight lies from the Wigs is trash crowd? Everyone mocked and laughed at his contract. Wrong. Wigs is the worst contract ever. Wrong. Wigs has the worst trade value in the league. Wrong. Wigs dribble off his foot 3 times a game.Wrong. It was Wigs Butler hated not Towns. Wrong. Wigo ate my baby. TBD.

If you all think you are so right about Wiggins then why are you so afraid to stick to the truth?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:48 am

Wigs was ascending

Year 3 23.6 ppg

More hyperbole and straight lies from the Wigs is trash crowd? Everyone mocked and laughed at his contract. Wrong. Wigs is the worst contract ever. Wrong. Wigs has the worst trade value in the league. Wrong. Wigs dribble off his foot 3 times a game.Wrong. It was Wigs Butler hated not Towns. Wrong. Wigo ate my baby. TBD.

If you all think you are so right about Wiggins then why are you so afraid to stick to the truth?
Sorry, I always forget that there are Wiggins bobo's that are blinded by reality.

The truth is that WIggins is a bad player and because of his contract we couldn't give Jimmy a 5 year max.

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

So Wiggins doesn't have one of the worst contracts in the league? You're saying Wiggins isn't one of the worst players getting a max contract?

Almost every single metric says he's terrible. How do you address that?

Order of highest paid players in the league for 2018-19:
1 Stephen Curry GSW
2 Chris Paul HOU
3 Russell Westbrook OKC
4 LeBron James LAL
5 Blake Griffin DET
6 Gordon Hayward BOS
7 Kyle Lowry TOR
8 Paul George OKC
9 Mike Conley MEM
10 James Harden HOU
11 Kevin Durant GSW
12 Paul Millsap DEN
13 Al Horford BOS
14 Damian Lillard POR
15 DeMar DeRozan SAS
16 Chris Bosh MIA
17 Otto Porter CHI
18 Jrue Holiday NOP
19 CJ McCollum POR
20 Carmelo Anthony ATL

Rk Player Tm
21 Andrew Wiggins MIN
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:08 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:48 am

Sorry, I always forget that there are Wiggins bobo's that are blinded by reality.

The truth is that WIggins is a bad player and because of his contract we couldn't give Jimmy a 5 year max.
So because I know what the actual truth is I am Wigs mom? Could you answer my question? Why the need to exaggerate and flat lie if you think you are right? Show me a post where you laughed and mocked Wigs extending after averaging 23.6 points.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:09 pm So Wiggins doesn't have one of the worst contracts in the league? You're saying Wiggins isn't one of the worst players getting a max contract?

1 Stephen Curry GSW
2 Chris Paul HOU
3 Russell Westbrook OKC
4 LeBron James LAL
5 Blake Griffin DET
6 Gordon Hayward BOS
7 Kyle Lowry TOR
8 Paul George OKC
9 Mike Conley MEM
10 James Harden HOU
11 Kevin Durant GSW
12 Paul Millsap DEN
13 Al Horford BOS
14 Damian Lillard POR
15 DeMar DeRozan SAS
16 Chris Bosh MIA
17 Otto Porter CHI
18 Jrue Holiday NOP
19 CJ McCollum POR
20 Carmelo Anthony ATL

Rk Player Tm
21 Andrew Wiggins MIN
Chris Bosh's is better huh? :lol:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:14 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:09 pm So Wiggins doesn't have one of the worst contracts in the league? You're saying Wiggins isn't one of the worst players getting a max contract?

1 Stephen Curry GSW
2 Chris Paul HOU
3 Russell Westbrook OKC
4 LeBron James LAL
5 Blake Griffin DET
6 Gordon Hayward BOS
7 Kyle Lowry TOR
8 Paul George OKC
9 Mike Conley MEM
10 James Harden HOU
11 Kevin Durant GSW
12 Paul Millsap DEN
13 Al Horford BOS
14 Damian Lillard POR
15 DeMar DeRozan SAS
16 Chris Bosh MIA
17 Otto Porter CHI
18 Jrue Holiday NOP
19 CJ McCollum POR
20 Carmelo Anthony ATL

Rk Player Tm
21 Andrew Wiggins MIN
I knew you would say something dumb like that thus no argument. Who's worse on a worse contract on this list (that are actually playing)?

Hayward? Who else?

You're the one who deals in strictly hyperbole and never once have provided any evidence Wiggins is a good player.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Kat’s lady, KAT discussing when Canis Hoopus and Flex ran with the story that the reason why the team was fighting was because Jimmy was with Karl’s girl lol
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Nice going Flex, you got kAT going this morning with your fake news last season
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:28 pm

:lol:

Want me to start listing all the fake news and rumors you've posted?

You once thought that Kurt Rambis was interviewing for the head coach of the Lakers.

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I think it was Key Sang Wolves Twitter guy, one canis hoopus noob, and another internet detective came up with the theory that Kawi and Jimmy were cheating together.

Then a website blacksportsonline picked it up and published it then a bunch of gulliable rubes fell for it and started running with the story including Flex and some others on here yelling at everyone this is why the team is breaking apart. Lmao

Karl finally had enough and snapped at BSO and so did she.

That’s why you don’t see them post about their relationship anymore pubically. Two many rookies out there don’t know the game.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:36 pm

You once thought that Kurt Rambis was interviewing for the head coach of the Lakers.
Chris Broussard said Linda Rambis asked Jeanie Buss if her husband could interview. That Kurt was trying to be an assistant for Luke midway last season.

Broussard & Fade > Flex & Canis
larryhagmansliver

Post by larryhagmansliver »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:13 am BTW, any The Young Ones fans?
The TV Show?
Spoiler:
This house will become a shrine! And punks and skins and Rastas will all gather round and all hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader! And all the grown-ups will say, 'But why are the kids crying?' And the kids will say, 'Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!' ... And then one particularly sensitive and articulate teenager will say, 'Why kids, do you understand nothing? How can Rick be dead when we still have his poems?'"
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Chris Broussard said Linda Rambis asked Jeanie Buss if her husband could interview. That Kurt was trying to be an assistant for Luke midway last season.

Then link it. The actual info was that Rambis was sitting in on the interviews and you took that as Rambis being interviewed for the job.

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:47 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Then link it. The actual info was that Rambis was sitting in on the interviews and you took that as Rambis being interviewed for the job.
It was on his radio show with rob Parker called the odd guys.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:16 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:14 pm

1 Stephen Curry GSW
2 Chris Paul HOU
3 Russell Westbrook OKC
4 LeBron James LAL
5 Blake Griffin DET
6 Gordon Hayward BOS
7 Kyle Lowry TOR
8 Paul George OKC
9 Mike Conley MEM
10 James Harden HOU
11 Kevin Durant GSW
12 Paul Millsap DEN
13 Al Horford BOS
14 Damian Lillard POR
15 DeMar DeRozan SAS
16 Chris Bosh MIA
17 Otto Porter CHI
18 Jrue Holiday NOP
19 CJ McCollum POR
20 Carmelo Anthony ATL

Rk Player Tm
21 Andrew Wiggins MIN
I knew you would say something dumb like that thus no argument. Who's worse on a worse contract on this list (that are actually playing)?

Hayward? Who else?

You're the one who deals in strictly hyperbole and never once have provided any evidence Wiggins is a good player.
Chris Paul, Melo (not sure if he officially retired or not), Otto Porter possibly
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

So it was about money. Which is what most people thought. That’s what I got from this excerpt. Time to move on. Jimmy will get money in July.