Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves in on D'Angelo Russell?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
mglviks

Re: Wolves in on D'Angelo Rusell?

Post by mglviks »

On kfan it was suggested Phoniex #6 for Teague and #11 to free up space.

I laughed so hard.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

SKOLMN wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:30 pm Theres absolutely 0 chance we can afford to pay russell and wiggins at the same time. There’s no use in getting excited over this, even for a minute
Sure we can.

Gotta give up some assets to do it, however.
witljon

Post by witljon »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:54 pm
Small Hands wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:51 pm Has anyone ever said "I want to be traded to the Wolves"? The Wolves are the Pit of Misery. They will need to somehow hit a Home Run, in a couple drafts, over the next couple years, in order to have a real shot.
Two years ago Kyrie had Minnesota on his list!
Didn't back in the day, Allen Iverson want to be traded here to play with Kevin Garnett?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

witljon wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:22 pm
Small Hands wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:51 pm Has anyone ever said "I want to be traded to the Wolves"? The Wolves are the Pit of Misery. They will need to somehow hit a Home Run, in a couple drafts, over the next couple years, in order to have a real shot.
Didn't back in the day, Allen Iverson want to be traded here to play with Kevin Garnett?
I'm still SEETHING that this never got done. AI and Kobe were my two favorite players at the time.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
T_J

Post by T_J »

He didn't even stretch doe....doooooooeeeee!!!
T_J

Post by T_J »

Do I see mlhouse in the penalty box? What he do in what I assume was polichat?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

T_J wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:06 pm Do I see mlhouse in the penalty box? What he do in what I assume was polichat?
Presumably he is stuck in his elevator after he never showed up to volunteer at a homeless shelter.

Abe has contacted Thyssenkrupp and is awaiting a response from one of their technicians.

That's where we we at.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 pm
I'm still SEETHING that this never got done. AI and Kobe were my two favorite players at the time.
And I rant every year that Mardy Collins cost us AI because he got into a fight which led to Melo throwing swings and getting banned for a few games, which made George Karl pull the trigger to acquire AI.

That was our big chance.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

That tandem was a perfect fit.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Yep. Sixers owner nixed the deal if I remember correctly. Billy King and Kevin McHale had an agreement... pretty sure it was like a Randy Foye/Ricky Davis/more for AI.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Not sure if this was posted, but inside it says this...
D'Angelo Russell is expected to have one of the NBA's more intriguing restricted free agencies in recent memory as he's coming off an All-Star appearance, but the Brooklyn Nets also have interest in other free agents such as Kyrie Irving.

Beyond the Nets, Irving is expected to receive interest from the Utah Jazz, Orlando Magic, Minnesota Timberwolves and Indiana Pacers.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:30 am
Yep. Sixers owner nixed the deal if I remember correctly. Billy King and Kevin McHale had an agreement... pretty sure it was like a Randy Foye/Ricky Davis/more for AI.
Honestly think it would have ended horribly, but it would have been fun.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:18 am Not sure if this was posted, but inside it says this...
D'Angelo Russell is expected to have one of the NBA's more intriguing restricted free agencies in recent memory as he's coming off an All-Star appearance, but the Brooklyn Nets also have interest in other free agents such as Kyrie Irving.

Beyond the Nets, Irving is expected to receive interest from the Utah Jazz, Orlando Magic, Minnesota Timberwolves and Indiana Pacers.
I can't see Irving coming here. He's going to want max pay, and who wants a oft injured player approaching 30?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Zero interest in Kyrie.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:18 am Not sure if this was posted, but inside it says this...

Those are the four teams in the Shams article mentioned for Russell. Wonder if there is a typo.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:50 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:43 pm I see the Nets matching any offer for Druss
There's a lot of rumors connecting Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn right now which could force Russel out. I guess we'll see if Rosas can get creative.
Ideally the Nets renounce rights to all free agents, then sign Kyrie and Butler.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:36 am

I can't see Irving coming here. He's going to want max pay, and who wants a oft injured player approaching 30?
It's an error. They are talking about Russel not irving.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:39 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:43 pm I see the Nets matching any offer for Druss
There's a lot of rumors connecting Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn right now which could force Russel out. I guess we'll see if Rosas can get creative.
Ideally the Nets renounce rights to all free agents, then sign Kyrie and Butler.
Not if we want him. Then we need to move salary in a deal to be able to pay him.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:16 am

Not if we want him. Then we need to move salary in a deal to be able to pay him.
I'm well aware we don't have cap space. The scenario above eliminates the RFA issue of course.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:33 am

I'm well aware we don't have cap space. The scenario above eliminates the RFA issue of course.
RFA is not an issue compared to no money.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:35 am
If the Wolves dump a contract to clear room and he's still an RFA? Semantics.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Should have got him for Butler but Thibs preffered a 28 year old that would improve the 2019 win total by five games.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:40 am
That's not what semantics means. I might make money working. I might make money winning the lottery. Should I quit working?

The odds of us dumping Teague or Gorgs or even Wigs and getting anything but screwed because we want no money back is zip. The odds that Russel tries to force a deal to Towns team and we can pay less is far greater. Still not good but 50 times as good.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Opps. Glad because I don't really like Irving. Hurt too much.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:53 am
That's not what semantics means. I might make money working. I might make money winning the lottery. Should I quit working?

The odds of us dumping Teague or Gorgs or even Wigs and getting anything but screwed because we want no money back is zip. The odds that Russel tries to force a deal to Towns team and we can pay less is far greater. Still not good but 50 times as good.
I don't see the Nets looking at the Wolves and saying.. yep, let's take some of their crap so we can give them Russell.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm

I don't see the Nets looking at the Wolves and saying.. yep, let's take some of their crap so we can give them Russell.
11, Saric, and 19 million expiring is crap?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Lots of moving parts in that offer above.. draft is coming up soon and Russell can't be dealt until the new league year. The Nets are way under the cap... my assumption is they'll go hunting for the big fish first before deciding what to do with Russell.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Lots of moving parts in that offer above.. draft is coming up soon and Russell can't be dealt until the new league year. The Nets are way under the cap... my assumption is they'll go hunting for the big fish first before deciding what to do with Russell.
Oh definitely don't think anything will happen right away, just saying the Wolves have plenty of assets that would be interesting in a sign and trade.

Hell put Covington on that list too
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Oh definitely don't think anything will happen right away, just saying the Wolves have plenty of assets that would be interesting in a sign and trade.

Covington and Towns are off limits for me when it comes to Russell.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Covington and Towns are off limits for me when it comes to Russell.
I like Covington a lot but if it takes him you make that deal 10/10 times for Russell.

Not Covington, 11, Saric, etc. But if they preferred him in place of other assets then yes.