Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Sekou Doumbouya

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Re: Sekou Doumbouya

Post by j2j »

Ask Not wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:41 pm He dresses like a soccer player. Will not vouch.
They all do in that league, it's so weird and limits their athleticism by at least 14.6%.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Painful watching these vids because you can just see the potential dripping off this guy.

I say it’s painful because you know at least 10 other teams gm’s and scouts (all from teams directly in front of the Wolves in the draft) are watching this kid.

For me this kid might be the most interesting pick in the draft after Zion and Ja.

I hope the Wolves get a crack at taking him.

Thanks for posting all this draft stuff WolvesChat!!

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

j2j wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:19 am
Ask Not wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:41 pm He dresses like a soccer player. Will not vouch.
They all do in that league, it's so weird and limits their athleticism by at least 14.6%.
14.57% They can measure this with high levels of precision.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

witljon wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:26 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:11 pm
witljon wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:41 am I don't know what to think about Sekou.
I'd say he has some nice potential, but is going to be a project.
He has a high motor. High motor guys can usually contribute instantly, while figuring it out on the fly. See Okogie for example.
Without ever watching Sekou in games I hesitate to get too high watching highlights.

Whats does high motor mean anyway?

Didn't Kris Dunn have a high motor?

And what about JR Rider?
High motor means having a lot of energy, and never stopping.

I don't really recall JR or Dunn having the label of a high motor, but if they were, whats wrong with them? They arent/werent bad players. Dunn was never given consistent minutes here, but has turned out pretty solid for CHI, when he is not sitting due to injury. JR was a jerk and a bad teammate, but was always a decent player.

Corey Brewer would be a guy to bring up. He was pretty disappointing, but he could still contribute because of his relentless hustle.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i don't think we'll have the chance to pick him. wouldn't doubt if atlanta grabbed him with one of their two top ten picks. he seems like the homerun pick they'd take a chance on over bol bol - and then can use their other pick for the safe one.

don't you think, of the two - bol and sekou - the less risky is sekou? he's got adjustment and growing up to do - but amazing athleticism and no injuries that i know of. bol OTOH also has adjustment and growing up to do, but with injury concerns as well.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:20 am i don't think we'll have the chance to pick him. wouldn't doubt if atlanta grabbed him with one of their two top ten picks. he seems like the homerun pick they'd take a chance on over bol bol - and then can use their other pick for the safe one.

don't you think, of the two - bol and sekou - the less risky is sekou? he's got adjustment and growing up to do - but amazing athleticism and no injuries that i know of. bol OTOH also has adjustment and growing up to do, but with injury concerns as well.
In one of the other threads there is talk of the Wolves moving up and moving back as there is every draft.

If the the Wolves seriously looking to move up, it had better be to get one of the PG’s.....not this kid. I like this kid, but if the Wolves get a shot at a starting PG, they need to do it.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:20 am
somuchyummy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:20 am i don't think we'll have the chance to pick him. wouldn't doubt if atlanta grabbed him with one of their two top ten picks. he seems like the homerun pick they'd take a chance on over bol bol - and then can use their other pick for the safe one.

In one of the other threads there is talk of the Wolves moving up and moving back as there is every draft.

If the the Wolves seriously looking to move up, it had better be to get one of the PG’s.....not this kid. I like this kid, but if the Wolves get a shot at a starting PG, they need to do it.
well it won't be atlanta we're moving up to. we'll need to get to (at the very outside chance) chicago's pick at 7 for a chance at one of the three points. but that's what they need, so why would they trade? so if we'd have to go to the sixth pick, that's phoenix - and the same situation. they'll be picking a PG. i think for any legit shot to get one of either garland or white - we've have to move all the way to fifth. and with that lose at the minimum okogie. so why? next year's PG class will be better - there'll be a bunch of options in free agency - we'll be losing teague's money so will have more to spend if needed. it makes IMO not a lot of sense to spend a lot of capital this year to grab (probably) coby white - who no one is really sure yet if he's a legit nba PG or will most effective as a combo who handles the ball some.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Extreme shock if he actually gets to 11.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:36 pm Extreme shock if he actually gets to 11.
Bol Bol will be there. ;)
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

thinktank wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:00 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:36 pm Extreme shock if he actually gets to 11.
Bol Bol will be there. ;)
And Bol should be there at #12 too.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm under the assumption that bol might be there at 22.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Correct.

HHM said Bol Bol at 11 would be “interesting”. :o
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Just say no to bol bol. Please.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:36 pm Correct.

Actually it was when the Wolves were slotted for the tenth spot. People who get paid to write have mocked him around there too. Sorry, I can't help you! Put my take in PST contest! :shrug:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:26 am Just say no to bol bol. Please.
It's fair to pass on him given injury history/position but Sekou/Bol are "interesting" late lottery options for a reason.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

sekou i'd say yes - lots of promise plus no injuries. bol - no, because of the injury history. we can't afford to take a chance on throwing this pick away.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 am
thinktank wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:36 pm Correct.

Actually it was when the Wolves were slotted for the tenth spot. People who get paid to write have mocked him around there too. Sorry, I can't help you! Put my take in PST contest! :shrug:
“People who get paid to write”

:roll:

Bol Bol bandwagon is on fire. Only option to put it out is ford the river.

:zzz:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:20 am
It's fair to pass on him given injury history/position but Sekou/Bol are "interesting" late lottery options for a reason.
I don't see Bol Bol as a lottery option at all.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

SO_MONEY wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 pm
Great.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Great.
It may be great, but it is also an opion likely shared by most front offices.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Tue May 28, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

It really depends on the complete picture to the Wolves' offseason and how much they plan on their draft pick(s) contributing to the rotation. Okogie earned his way onto the floor through hustle, so there's a chance this kid could do the same. Like Okogie, any offense they would get from him in year one would be a bonus.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

LOL at grouping Sekou with Bol.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

thinktank wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:31 pm LOL at grouping Sekou with Bol.
Sekou and Bol are the "Big ticket" player's imo where the Wolves will be picking. There is star potential here where Clarke, Rui etc.. Just don't move the needle imo.

Wish we could get both.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

SO_MONEY wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Great.
Like I said, when the report came out about his weight loss, red flags. He was a top 5 pick going into last fall. It's not like he's falling out of the draft because someone will see the upside. I don't know enough about the foot injury nor do I know why he lost weight. I originally said (over a month ago) that Bol Bol was an interesting prospect and Double T lost his way and called it preposterous.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

I think that if you look at the Froob draft that is going on, you will see where I rank him. I just think he has more upside than Hunter and others that he needs to go either 4 or 5.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Great.
Like I said, when the report came out about his weight loss, red flags. He was a top 5 pick going into last fall. It's not like he's falling out of the draft because someone will see the upside. I don't know enough about the foot injury nor do I know why he lost weight. I originally said (over a month ago) that Bol Bol was an interesting prospect and Double T lost his way and called it preposterous.
Regardless of where he was mocked, being a lottery talent now assumes 1. that rating would hold and 2. That the red flags didn't drop him. To the best of my knowledge he is not a lottery talent, not sure he would have been with a healthy foot. I personally I never viewed him as one even when he was highly mocked. My guess is he was more hype than anything. Than again all it takes is one stupid team, like with Thebeet, who was a questionable 2nd round talent...can't teach size...lol.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

OK now you guys are really jumping the shark in a race to say how you know Bol is no legit player, No I don't want another big wit a foot injury history, but 21 and 9.6 on .561% and .520% from 3 on 2.8 attempts. .757% FT. 2.7 blocks.

Yeah, what a bum.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

It's interesting how he somehow only hits on 76% from the line, but 52% from 3. I think most great long distance shooters are up in the 80s from the stripe. I bet Bol ends up shooting closer to 85% from the line as he matures.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:18 pm OK now you guys are really jumping the shark in a race to say how you know Bol is no legit player, No I don't want another big wit a foot injury history, but 21 and 9.6 on .561% and .520% from 3 on 2.8 attempts. .757% FT. 2.7 blocks.

Yeah, what a bum.
It is more his defense and physical tools are lacking and that he projects as a situational player, not that he is a bum.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

SO_MONEY wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:34 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Regardless of where he was mocked, being a lottery talent now assumes 1. that rating would hold and 2. That the red flags didn't drop him. To the best of my knowledge he is not a lottery talent, not sure he would have been with a healthy foot. I personally I never viewed him as one even when he was highly mocked. My guess is he was more hype than anything. Than again all it takes is one stupid team, like with Thebeet, who was a questionable 2nd round talent...can't teach size...lol.
I think Bol Bol is a lot more talented than Thabeet, especially considering the offense he provides. Bol was a top 5-10 rated player coming out of HS. Thabeet wasn't.