Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Your Top 5 Picks

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
witljon

Re: Your Top 5 Picks

Post by witljon »

Whats the latest on Cam Reddish?
What are the chances he falls to 11?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

witljon wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:04 pm Whats the latest on Cam Reddish?
What are the chances he falls to 11?
I don’t think he gets past Atlanta at 10, heck probably at 8. But that’s just going by draft steam from Sam Vecenie and Givony. Too much potential as a 3 and D guy to drop to the Wolves.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

my favorite players for the wolves in this draft - not including anyone we'd have to trade up for cuz i don't want to lose okogie (but including trading back for players) would be brandon clarke, nickeil alexander-walker, mifiondu kabengele, nic claxton, and ty jerome.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:58 am my favorite players for the wolves in this draft - not including anyone we'd have to trade up for cuz i don't want to lose okogie (but including trading back for players) would be brandon clarke, nickeil alexander-walker, mifiondu kabengele, nic claxton, and ty jerome.
I'll admit to not having watched a lot of college ball the past year, but Claxton and Jerome seem like huge reaches at 11.
witljon

Post by witljon »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:05 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:58 am my favorite players for the wolves in this draft - not including anyone we'd have to trade up for cuz i don't want to lose okogie (but including trading back for players) would be brandon clarke, nickeil alexander-walker, mifiondu kabengele, nic claxton, and ty jerome.
I'll admit to not having watched a lot of college ball the past year, but Claxton and Jerome seem like huge reaches at 11.
I'll be slightly surprised if any of em are selected in the top 15.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

you didn't read my post. they would be huge stretches at 11. but i like them for the team and said my list included both the 11th pick or trade back possibilities.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

Top 5

@ 11: White, Doumbouya, & Clarke
@ 20’s (in a trade down): Herro & Cam Johnson
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

witljon wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:41 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:11 am i think reddish could drop to us - and i don't particularly want him. he could hold some appeal to teams picking later.
At 11, I think Reddish would be a really good pick. He has some big time potential and would make a good bench player with a rookie contract to take some pressure off our cap space.
I think he’s gone before #11, which to me is good, we already have one drifting/middling wing on the team...
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

1. Doumboya
2. Hachimura
3. NAW
4. Kabengele
5. Windler

My preference is to trade back with Brooklyn so we can fuck with #4 and #5. Call that my dream scenario. That’s where the best value is, imo.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Doumboya, Clarke, Kabengele at 11. Any of them but none other than them.

Claxton or Gafford on a trade back.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

kabengele is a really hard one to nail down where he might go.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:09 am kabengele is a really hard one to nail down where he might go.
He'll go by 16 or so. He and his agent should be thanking Doumboya and his. Every once in a while you get that guy who didn't play a ton and teams figure would go back. But then you look closer and hey, he has the same tools as that guy we wanted but will probably be gone. I didn't see a ton of FlaSt but a fair amount. He was kind of hidden by not starting and their crazy depth up front.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Unrealistic: White and Garland.

At 11: Little, Doumbouya, Langford, Reddish, Hachimura...of Which I only think Little and Doumbouya are worth picking at 11. I don't think Reddish will be there, but who knows.

Trade Down 20's: Alexander-Walker, Washington, Horton-Tucker, Kabengale, Bitadze

With

Johnson(s), Dort, Claxon and others to follow.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:17 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:09 am kabengele is a really hard one to nail down where he might go.
He'll go by 16 or so. He and his agent should be thanking Doumboya and his. Every once in a while you get that guy who didn't play a ton and teams figure would go back. But then you look closer and hey, he has the same tools as that guy we wanted but will probably be gone. I didn't see a ton of FlaSt but a fair amount. He was kind of hidden by not starting and their crazy depth up front.
he's not hidden any longer. we went well into the season with him not even being mocked in the top 60. and now he's knocking on lottery's door.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:40 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:17 am
he's not hidden any longer. we went well into the season with him not even being mocked in the top 60. and now he's knocking on lottery's door.
Because no one thought he would come out. He also had a big game in the tourney. Not sure if they were trying to hide him so he came back or that FlaSt is always the deepest tallest team in the NCAA. Either way he's a ton like Doumboya with the vast skill set just that he can play some 5 and Doumboya can play some 3.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

second rounders who might be available at our pick, i'd like sagaba konate, admiral schofield, isaiah roby, jordan bone and miye oni - in that order.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:49 am second rounders who might be available at our pick, i'd like sagaba konate, admiral schofield, isaiah roby, jordan bone and miye oni - in that order.
Yeah all those guys plus like 8 more. At least this year I will only be disappointed by the bunch of guys I like that we don't pick and not the pick sold. And could be half those guys plus half the others don't even get drafted.

So many bigs that might not. Just so many.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Should be some outstanding options for 2 way deals, post draft.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

irishman89 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:29 pm Should be some outstanding options for 2 way deals, post draft.
Sure but we have the roster spots to do what smart teams do and use the last 2-3 roster spots to sign 2nd rounders and UDFA's to multi year deals with team options on all after 1. Those type guys are gold if you can develop talent and that's what Ryan is known for.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

thinktank wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:37 pm Lately I’m thinking NAW has the biggest upside of players at 11.
Looking like this Asshole was right on the money.

:thumbsup: