Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Froob annual NBA mock draft* Complete

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #40* Seein is otc

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Man, this thing is flying through the picks! :lol: . Oh well, it’s the 2nd round. Godspeed to Sid! Get well!
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

With the 40th pick the Kings select Chuma Okeke.

If his knee heals, steal of the draft. Bring him in and give him a redshirt year with just a 2nd round contract, tge. See what you get.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if we're going with okeke at 40, let me know. i'm up next - but don't want to get this car rolling again unless the doors are nailed shut.

and yeah - with what they do with ACLs these days, i'm sure he'll be back.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i've decided that, even if things change (and the kings don't pick okeke) - i'll move the process forward with a pick at 41 that i KNOW the kings wouldn't select at 40. i was going to save this guy for my final pick at 45, but am okay taking him now because frankly i don't want another rube (42-44) to also go off script and surprise me with a snipe. anyway, i'll do a hawks froob draft analysis later that'll splain my thought process about all 5 picks.

with the 41st pick in the 2019 NBA Froobchat Draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Hofstra G Justin Wright-Foreman.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:59 am if we're going with okeke at 40, let me know. i'm up next - but don't want to get this car rolling again unless the doors are nailed shut.

and yeah - with what they do with ACLs these days, i'm sure he'll be back.
I think it’s fine. Commish last night said alright for us to skip anyway, so just give him the guy instead and move on
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

so... for those keeping score... we're back to Decker again. 42nd pick for the Cavs - you're OTC, decker.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Great, another pick for Decker
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

yeah, i can hear the brakes screeching already. he's got till 8:16 Tuesday morning.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

With the 42nd pick the Philadelphia 76ers select:

Darius Brazley F 6-9 208

A bit of a mystery man because he did not play any college ball, Brazley is a boom-bust type of pick that the Sixers should look at. Brazley has lots of helium right now in this draft and many predict he will be drafted in the first round.

(Lets just move this draft forward when we get to these picks)
mglviks

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #43* TJ wolves pickis otc

Post by mglviks »

Who would u select here for the wolves.

Not sure if any pg does much for me. Id like swing on a big.

Naz Reid?
Moses Brown?
Paschall, iowa guy?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'd go konate. he's the forgotten man, but an absolutely defensive beast. his interior paint D is remindful of ben wallace.

isaiah roby is another interesting prospect as a PF who can bring the ball up the floor and guard multiple positions.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I'll let Oriole handled my pick again.
Oriole81

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #43* Oriole81 wolves pickis otc

Post by Oriole81 »

Would have taken Okeke if still there, but with him gone we're going shooting again with Lithuanian swingman Deividas Sirvydis.

At only 19 years old, but 6-7 200 lbs swingman that can play both guard or forward, already excels in catch and shoot and shoots 37% on 3 pt'ers at a rate of 3.8 per game.
He's also has a great offensive IQ, very good passing instincts. Can play some point forward if need be, but not best utilized there.

Alot of Bjelica in him, though not as big, but I think we've been missing that element since he left.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

we're doing GREAT! this thing is lumbering down the track once again. FOUR picks since 5:55 this morning. woohoo!!!

unless i'm mistaken, Mlhouse is up next for the Cavs at 44 - with a pick I traded to him earlier. s'right?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

There may be a trade involving the 44th pick with mgviks. Waiting for his confirmation.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker ruined this like he ruins everything else. Sad, really.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm Decker ruined this like he ruins everything else. Sad, really.
decker only ruins it if we let him ruin it. Ooooommmmmm.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:48 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm Decker ruined this like he ruins everything else. Sad, really.
decker only ruins it if we let him ruin it. Ooooommmmmm.
:lol: :beer:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 pm There may be a trade involving the 44th pick with mgviks. Waiting for his confirmation.
Im gonna hold on tight, plenty I like. Sorry
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

ok...no problem

With the 44th pick in the 2019 Froob NBA Mock Draft acquired from Charlotte through the Atlanta Hawks the Cleveland Cavaliers select

Eric Paschall F Villanova 6-9 255

In the end, we are probably glad not to trade down any further because we think Paschall is an absolute steal here and risking moving down further simply wasn't worth the return value.

Paschall is a another player with a high motor and solid basketball skills. We think he can defend both forward positions and has the athletic ability and strength to be a solid NBA rebounder. He is a team player but has a nice offensive game to add to the rest of the resume. When I see Paschall play I say a Brandon Bass with extended range, a valuable player on a competitive team.

In this mock draft we believe that the Cavs have added three potential starters (Paschall for the 50 games that Kevin Love is "injured"). All play with motor. All play strong defense. All can shoot to the extent they will be able to space the defense. The Cavs have only 4 players signed past 2019-20 (Sexton, Love, Nance and Zizic). THe quality of these three choices will have impact on their rebuilding. One more tank year with a high lottery selection in the 2020 draft might mean the creation of a solid young team.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i can't believe that both admiral schofield AND sagaba konate are still available at 45 for my pick - but even more unbelievably, i've decided to not pick either of them. for as weak as this draft is supposed to be, my opinion is that it gets broad and deep from about 16 thru 50. tons of talent out there that can help the right team in the right situation.

anyway, the latest draft love of my life will be the atlanta hawks fifth and final pick in this, the 2019 Froobchat NBA Mock Draft - Yale G/F Miye Oni. I'm dipping into the Ivy League, boys.

complete writeup of the hawks' draft to follow. pins and needles, i'm sure.

and for those of you keeping track, froobs have now made SIX picks in a little over 12 hours. we comin'.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 pm Would have taken Okeke if still there, but with him gone we're going shooting again with Lithuanian swingman Deividas Sirvydis.

At only 19 years old, but 6-7 200 lbs swingman that can play both guard or forward, already excels in catch and shoot and shoots 37% on 3 pt'ers at a rate of 3.8 per game.
He's also has a great offensive IQ, very good passing instincts. Can play some point forward if need be, but not best utilized there.

Alot of Bjelica in him, though not as big, but I think we've been missing that element since he left.
Couldn't have made a better pick myself.
Sid Hartman

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* pick #46* Sid is otc

Post by Sid Hartman »

Orlando Magic select Tremont Waters, PG from LSU. Magic get value and don’t have to reach for PG like they would have in the first rd.

16.) Kevin Porter -SG/SF - USC
46.) Tremont Waters -PG - LSU
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

T_J wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 pm Would have taken Okeke if still there, but with him gone we're going shooting again with Lithuanian swingman Deividas Sirvydis.

Couldn't have made a better pick myself.
Thanks. I thought even though we could use another big and even though we went G earlier with Keldon Johnson, I just thought that all of the bigs had some hole that made me shy away and I decided rather to double down on shooting.

From all the talk earlier on the D'Angelo thread about some people not wanting to include any of Cov or Okogie in a consolidation deal for another potential star (myself included), that there is value to us in getting multiple similar/complimentary players which could make it easier to part with one of them in order to bring in another big piece without losing the flow of our existing team.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

I'm finished with all the picks for the hawks, so will do my team write-up now. To those of you who will actually read this, thanks for taking the time.

8th pick - De'Andre Hunter - SF/PF
15th pick - Nickeil Alexander-Walker SG/PG
24th pick - Bruno Fernando - C/PF
41st pick - Justin Wright-Foreman PG/SG
45th pick - Miye Oni - SG/SF
Trade Acquisition - Thon Maker PF/C

The Hawks are in an interesting position as they build their team. Three players take up nearly half of their team salary (Kent Bazemore, Allen Crabbe and Miles Plumlee) - and all three will likely be gone at the end of next year when their contracts expire. That will free up over $50M in cap space. In the meantime, their two budding stars, Trae Young and John Collins will make a combined $9M next year and both are signed to extremely affordable contracts for the foreseeable future.

This draft was about adding players who are athletic and long, who play hard and run the floor, are good to great defenders, are multi-positional and who can hit the three - qualities that will complement Young and Collins. Hunter, NAW, Fernando, Oni and Maker check most of those boxes - especially on the defensive end, where they will be needed to hide Young and Collins' short-comings. The curveball in this is Foreman-Wright (who is neither athletic nor is even an average defender) - but i'll get to him in a bit.

At the 5, Dewayne Dedmon will probably return as the starter - he wants to remain in Atlanta and they have the space to bump his contract up to where it will make sense to him financially. Fernando and Len will come off the bench. Miles Plumlee should be waived. They'll need his $12.5M to make cap minimum, but as a player, he shouldn't take up a roster spot when they've got the chance to draft Bruno. Fernando brings a great low post offensive presence, strength, defense and athleticism (he tested surprisingly well at the combine) plus is an absolute asset as a high motor, energetic communicator. Big personality.

John Collins remains as the starter at the 4. Thon Maker (added in a draft night trade) will be backing him up as well as last year's rookie Omari Spellman. Maker is starting to put it together after 4 years in the league. Very active, effective and long defender who has recently shown signs of adding a 3 ball to his game. If he continues his trajectory, Maker can be a difference maker defensively.

With the trade a few days back of Taurean Prince, lottery pick De'Andre Hunter will no doubt enter camp as the starter at the 3 spot. He comes to the league with an NBA body, a great defensive profile, tremendous length, a great work ethic, and a two year college average of 42% from three. He'll be backed up by new acquisition Allen Crabbe - and fan and team favorite Justin Anderson.

Kevin Huerter's game translated well to the NBA in his rookie season - and he's proven to be a good partner to Trae Young in his ability to knock down threes. Sort of a Klay to Young's Curry - minus the D. He'll get the start at the SG spot. Veteran Kent Bazemore, highly over-priced but still a great defender, will back him up and/or occasionally start. Swiss Army knife Deandre Bembry will round out the corp at the 2.

Trae Young will, of course, be at the controls as the starting PG. The Hawks finished the season with only one other PG on the roster - Jaylen Adams. I expect Adams to stay as the third - for now - while Nickeil Alexander-Walker tries his hand as the backup to Young. I think he's got what it takes to learn that spot - he's a heady player, a skilled ball-handler, a much better defender than Young and comes to the team with a college average of 39% from three.

Dedmon - Fernando - Len
Collins - Maker - Spellman
Hunter - Crabbe - Anderson
Huerter - Bazemore - Bembry
Young - NAW - Adams

The two second round picks - Justin Wright-Foreman and Miye Oni - will be signed to two-way contracts and spend most of the season in the Gleague. Both will likely move up to the NBA team the following year with the exodus of Crabbe and Bazemore.

JWF was not mocked by many sites - but I think he has the chance to be a Lou Williams kind of player. He's not only instant offense, but he gets his points efficiently in multiple ways, is an extremely skilled ballhandler, and his 6-6 wingspan helps mitigate his 6-2 height. Four year player for Hofstra (CAA POY the last two seasons) - 43% from three last year with a career average of 39% - fantastic at creating space and making pullups - 24 ppg his jr year and 27 ppg last year - he has simply been one of the best shooters in all of college ball for the past three years. The scoring will translate - and Atlanta frankly needs more scoring power off the bench. He's a sieve defensively at this point, but for a team that is already constructing a roster to hide Trae Young's defensive weaknesses - JWF is a great fit. I expect him to take the third PG spot from Adams sometime next season. If he really works out, he'll assume the 2nd spot and NAW will slide over to the 2.

As for Yale G/F Miye Oni (yes, that Yale), he's an absolute steal at 45 - or another indication of how deep this draft goes. Skilled with great athleticism - tested extremely and surprisingly well against major players at the combine (tied for 6th best vertical, 9th best 3/4 sprint overall, 3rd best wingspan among guards, 2nd best bench press overall!) - but his biggest asset is smarts and bbiq. great length at 6-6 with a 6-11 wingspan - and a great defensive profile. Able to guard multiple spots. Three year averages of 43%/36%/78%. Last year's Ivy League POY and described by Coach K as "a first round pick". Oni will spend much of next year in the Gleague, but then will join the team the following year with the exodus of Crabbe and Bazemore.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:55 am I'm finished with all the picks for the hawks, so will do my team write-up now. To those of you who will actually read this, thanks for taking the time.

The Hawks are in an interesting position as they build their team. Three players take up nearly half of their team salary (Kent Bazemore, Allen Crabbe and Miles Plumlee) - and all three will likely be gone from the team at the end of next year when their contracts expire. That will free up over $50M in cap space. In the meantime, their two budding stars, Trae Young and John Collins will make a combined $9M next year and both are signed to extremely affordable contracts for the foreseeable future.

This draft was about adding players who are athletic and long, who play hard and run the floor, are good to great defenders, are multi-positional and who can hit the three - qualities that will complement Young and Collins. Hunter, NAW, Fernando, Oni and Maker check most of those boxes - especially on the defensive end, where they will be needed to hide some of Young and Collins' short-comings. The curveball in this is Foreman-Wright (who is neither athletic nor is even an average defender) - but i'll get to him in a bit.

At the 5, Dewayne Dedmon will probably return as the starter - he wants to remain in Atlanta and they have the space to bump his contract up to where it will make sense to him financially. Fernando and Len will come off the bench. Miles Plumlee should be waived. Fernando brings a great low post offensive presence, strength, defense and athleticism (he tested surprisingly well at the combine) plus is an absolute asset as a high motor, energetic communicator. Big personality.

John Collins remains as the starter at the 4. Thon Maker (added in a draft night trade) will be backing him up as well as last year's rookie Omari Spellman. Maker is starting to put it together after 4 years in the league. Very active, effective and long defender who has recently shown signs of adding a 3 ball to his game. If he continues his trajectory, Maker can be a difference maker defensively.

With the trade a few days back of Taurean Prince, lottery pick De'Andre Hunter will no doubt enter camp as the starter at the 3 spot. He comes to the league with an NBA body, a great defensive profile, tremendous length, a great work ethic, and a two year college average of 42% from three. He'll be backed up by new acquisition Allen Crabbe - and fan and team favorite Justin Anderson.

Kevin Huerter's game translated well to the NBA in his rookie season - and he's proven to be a good partner to Trae Young in his ability to knock down threes. Sort of a Klay to Young's Curry - minus the D. He'll get the start at the SG spot. Veteran Kent Bazemore will back him up and/or occasionally start. Swiss Army knife Deandre Bembry will round out the corp at the 2.

Trae Young will, of course, be at the controls as the starting PG. The Hawks finished the season with only one other PG on the roster - Jaylen Adams. I expect Adams to stay as the third - for now - while Nickeil Alexander-Walker tries his hand as the backup to Young. I think he's got what it takes to learn that spot - he's a heady player, a skilled ball-handler, a much better defender than Young and comes to the team with a college average of 39% from three.

Dedmon - Fernando - Len
Young - NAW - Adams

The two second round picks - Justin Wright-Foreman and Miye Oni - will be signed to two-way contracts and spend most of the season in the Gleague. Both will likely move up to the NBA team the following year with the exodus of Crabbe and Bazemore.

JWF was not mocked by many sites - but I think he has the chance to be a Lou Williams kind of player. He's not only instant offense, but he gets his points efficiently in multiple ways, is an extremely skilled ballhandler, and his 6-6 wingspan helps mitigate his 6-2 height. Four year player for Hofstra (CAA POY the last two seasons) - 43% from three last year with a career average of 39% - fantastic at creating space and making pullups - 24 ppg his jr year and 27 ppg last year - he has simply been one of the best shooters in all of college ball for the past three years. The scoring will translate - and Atlanta frankly needs more scoring power off the bench. He's a sieve defensively at this point, but for a team that is already constructing a roster to hide Trae Young's defensive weaknesses - JWF is a great fit. I expect him to take the third PG spot from Adams sometime next season.

As for Miye Oni, he's a steal. Skilled with great athleticism - tested extremely and surprisingly well against major players at the combine (tied for 6th best vertical, 9th best 3/4 sprint overall, 3rd best wingspan among guards, 2nd best bench press overall!) - but his biggest asset is smarts and bbiq. great length at 6-6 with a 6-11 wingspan - and a great defensive profile. able to guard multiple spots. three year averages of 43%/36%/78%. Last year's Ivy League POY and described by Coach K as "he's a first round pick". Oni will spend much of next year in the Gleague, but then will join the team next year with the exodus of Crabbe and Bazemore.
Just imagine them with Luka though.
You clearly had the most fun with this game though.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:01 am
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:55 am I'm finished with all the picks for the hawks, so will do my team write-up now. To those of you who will actually read this, thanks for taking the time.

The Hawks are in an interesting position as they build their team. Three players take up nearly half of their team salary (Kent Bazemore, Allen Crabbe and Miles Plumlee) - and all three will likely be gone from the team at the end of next year when their contracts expire. That will free up over $50M in cap space. In the meantime, their two budding stars, Trae Young and John Collins will make a combined $9M next year and both are signed to extremely affordable contracts for the foreseeable future.

This draft was about adding players who are athletic and long, who play hard and run the floor, are good to great defenders, are multi-positional and who can hit the three - qualities that will complement Young and Collins. Hunter, NAW, Fernando, Oni and Maker check most of those boxes - especially on the defensive end, where they will be needed to hide some of Young and Collins' short-comings. The curveball in this is Foreman-Wright (who is neither athletic nor is even an average defender) - but i'll get to him in a bit.

At the 5, Dewayne Dedmon will probably return as the starter - he wants to remain in Atlanta and they have the space to bump his contract up to where it will make sense to him financially. Fernando and Len will come off the bench. Miles Plumlee should be waived. Fernando brings a great low post offensive presence, strength, defense and athleticism (he tested surprisingly well at the combine) plus is an absolute asset as a high motor, energetic communicator. Big personality.

Kevin Huerter's game translated well to the NBA in his rookie season - and he's proven to be a good partner to Trae Young in his ability to knock down threes. Sort of a Klay to Young's Curry - minus the D. He'll get the start at the SG spot. Veteran Kent Bazemore will back him up and/or occasionally start. Swiss Army knife Deandre Bembry will round out the corp at the 2.

Dedmon - Fernando - Len
Young - NAW - Adams

JWF was not mocked by many sites - but I think he has the chance to be a Lou Williams kind of player. He's not only instant offense, but he gets his points efficiently in multiple ways, is an extremely skilled ballhandler, and his 6-6 wingspan helps mitigate his 6-2 height. Four year player for Hofstra (CAA POY the last two seasons) - 43% from three last year with a career average of 39% - fantastic at creating space and making pullups - 24 ppg his jr year and 27 ppg last year - he has simply been one of the best shooters in all of college ball for the past three years. The scoring will translate - and Atlanta frankly needs more scoring power off the bench. He's a sieve defensively at this point, but for a team that is already constructing a roster to hide Trae Young's defensive weaknesses - JWF is a great fit. I expect him to take the third PG spot from Adams sometime next season.

As for Miye Oni, he's a steal. Skilled with great athleticism - tested extremely and surprisingly well against major players at the combine (tied for 6th best vertical, 9th best 3/4 sprint overall, 3rd best wingspan among guards, 2nd best bench press overall!) - but his biggest asset is smarts and bbiq. great length at 6-6 with a 6-11 wingspan - and a great defensive profile. able to guard multiple spots. three year averages of 43%/36%/78%. Last year's Ivy League POY and described by Coach K as "he's a first round pick". Oni will spend much of next year in the Gleague, but then will join the team next year with the exodus of Crabbe and Bazemore.
Just imagine them with Luka though.
You clearly had the most fun with this game though.
i can't speak for others. but yes, i enjoy this. it's a nice escape.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

seenin's up again - and i know we had to pick for him last time. he's been on the clock for about 18 hours - altho it should be noted that sid made his tremont waters pick at 2 in the morning - so if seenin is like most of us, he's only really been on the clock for about 12 hours. anyway ... if he doesn't make a pick in the next few hours, anyone have any suggestions? C moses brown? Centers kosta koufus is a FA - and WCS has a QO for $6M at this point. alec burks and corey brewer are also both entering free agency this summer - maybe wing Admiral Schofield?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm seenin's up again - and i know we had to pick for him last time. he's been on the clock for about 18 hours - altho it should be noted that sid made his tremont waters pick at 2 in the morning - so if seenin is like most of us, he's only really been on the clock for about 12 hours. anyway ... if he doesn't make a pick in the next few hours, anyone have any suggestions? C Moses brown? Centers kosta koufus is a FA - and WCS has a QO for $6M at this point. alec burks and corey brewer are also both entering free agency this summer - maybe wing Admiral Schofield?
Maybe pull a decker and go with Ja Morant?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i was thinking maybe this foreign guy that they call The Greek Freak.