Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Froob annual NBA mock draft* Complete

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: Froob annual NBA mock draft* Complete

Post by somuchyummy »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 pm Hornets sign F/G Teen Wolf to a 2way gleague deal.
doesn't teen wolf have MS? but... if you want a teen who has a teen wolf like vertical, sign jalen lecque. am surprised no one took him. straight from HS 6-4 PG who won the NBA combine max vertical (43"). fashions himself as a baby westbrook.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i know. no one cares. but i might as well nail the lid shut on this coffin. vote for who you think had the best and worst of it.

atlanta hawks - de'andre hunter 8, nickiel alexander-walker 15, bruno fernando 26, justin wright-foreman 41, miye oni 45 - also picked up thon maker in a draft night trade in exchange for deyonta davis

boston celtics - rui hachimura 14, tyler herro 20, mifiondu kabengele 22, yovel zoosman 51

brooklyn nets - p.j. washington 17, nic claxton 27, carsen edwards 31

charlotte hornets - brandon clarke 12, grant williams 36, jontay porter 52

chicago bulls - jarrett culver 7, jordan bone 38

cleveland cavs - sekou doumbouya 5, matisse thybulle 35, eric paschall 44

dallas mavs - adam mokoka 37

denver nuggets - no picks

detroit pistons - cam reddish 10

golden state warriors - tacko fall 28, amir coffey 58

houston rockets - no picks

indiana pacers - romeo langford 18, naz reid 50

LA clippers - admiral schofield 48, sagaba konate 56

LA lakers - darius garland 4

memphis grizzlies - ja morant 2

miami heat - nassir little 13

milwaukee bucks - talen horton-tucker 30

minnesota timberwolves - keldon johnson 11, deividas sirvydis 43

new orleans pelicans - zion williamson 1, zach norvell 39, shamorie ponds 57

new york knicks - r.j. barrett 3, ignas brazdeikas 55

oklahoma city thunder - cam johnson 21

orlando magic - kevin porter 16, tremont waters 46

philadelphia 76ers - goga bitadze 24, daniel gafford 33, ty jerome 34, darius bazley 42, terrence davis 54

phoenix suns - coby white 6, kz okpala 32

portland trailblazers - luka samanic 25

sacramento kings - chuma okeke 40, luguentz dort 47, kris wilkes 60

san antonio spurs - bol bol 19, dylan windler 29, isaiah roby 49

toronto raptors - jalen mcdaniels 59

utah jazz - louis king 23, moses brown 53

washington wizards - jaxson hayes 9
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

when i look over the results, i am impressed with the value philly got with their picks - their first three starting with bitadze at 24 (gafford 33 and jerome 34) looks really solid as future pros. the spurs also (bol at 19, windler 29 and roby 49) hit it. the cavs also had a strong draft - especially if bazley pans out at 42. biggest awards for turning shit into hope goes to the kings (okeke 40, dort 47 and wilkes 60) and the clippers getting schofield at 48 and konate at 56.

as for GSW, just why?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Not even close the worst draft is Warriors...Clippers and Kings got good value for 2nd rd picks
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:59 am when i look over the results, i am impressed with the value philly got with their picks - their first three starting with bitadze at 24 (gafford 33 and jerome 34) looks really solid as future pros. the spurs also (bol at 19, windler 29 and roby 49) hit it. the cavs also had a strong draft - especially if bazley pans out at 42. biggest awards for turning shit into hope goes to the kings (okeke 40, dort 47 and wilkes 60) and the clippers getting schofield at 48 and konate at 56.

as for GSW, just why?
Cavs selected at 44...not 42. I chose Bazley for the Sixers at 42. The draft order was incorrect.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Warriors definitely had the worst draft in this. Fall was a terrible pick for them.

Cavs and Hawks did really well.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:38 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:59 am when i look over the results, i am impressed with the value philly got with their picks - their first three starting with bitadze at 24 (gafford 33 and jerome 34) looks really solid as future pros. the spurs also (bol at 19, windler 29 and roby 49) hit it. the cavs also had a strong draft - especially if bazley pans out at 42. biggest awards for turning shit into hope goes to the kings (okeke 40, dort 47 and wilkes 60) and the clippers getting schofield at 48 and konate at 56.

as for GSW, just why?
Cavs selected at 44...not 42. I chose Bazley for the Sixers at 42. The draft order was incorrect.
duly noted and corrected, sir.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:50 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:38 pm

as for GSW, just why?
duly noted and corrected, sir.
Cant have incorrect data!!

I think for the Sixers Bazley is a great pick because it is low risk-high reward potential.

For the Cavs, I really like Paschall because I think he steps in and starts 50 games for him when Kevin Love inevitably gets hurt.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

hey - as a side note: anyone know how to get rid of the tacked on "an okay froob" every time i use the name of the guy who delivered the slaves out of egypt? the jazz drafted a young, large center out of ucla in the second round with that name.
witljon

Post by witljon »

j2j wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:47 pm Warriors definitely had the worst draft in this. Fall was a terrible pick for them.

I disagree. With their great 3 point shooters, Golden State is the perfect landing spot for taco. :coolio:
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:55 pm hey - as a side note: anyone know how to get rid of the tacked on "an okay froob" every time i use the name of the guy who delivered the slaves out of egypt? the jazz drafted a young, large center out of ucla in the second round with that name.
Change the name to Jesus....
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:04 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:55 pm hey - as a side note: anyone know how to get rid of the tacked on "an okay froob" every time i use the name of the guy who delivered the slaves out of egypt? the jazz drafted a young, large center out of ucla in the second round with that name.
Change the name to Jesus....
not the help i was looking for, but thanks.
j2j

Post by j2j »

witljon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 pm
j2j wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:47 pm Warriors definitely had the worst draft in this. Fall was a terrible pick for them.

I disagree. With their great 3 point shooters, Golden State is the perfect landing spot for taco. :coolio:
To do what, make sure the bench doesn't go anywhere?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

tacko might have a place in the league as a bit player, sort of a curiousity - but there were plenty better full time player options at 28. that said, his combine measurements were crazy. think about it - flat footed standing reach under the basket, his fingers go 2.5" over the rim. bruno fernando, 6-10 with a 7-3 wingspan, is a full foot shorter than that - meaning that to grab the same rebound, bruno has to jump over a foot higher than tacko. tacko's standing max vertical was 22 inches. so unimpeded, if a rebound bounces high off the rim and tacko's underneath the hoop, he gets a good jump and he's a full two feet over the rim to get the ball. i can see how that could really come in handy when a team needs an offensive rebound, or really needs to secure the ball off a potential missed FT - that sort of thing. but as for generally getting up and down the court in a speed league, nope - he won't be able to do it for more than a couple trips.
T_J

Post by T_J »

The new KJ era for the Wolves is going to be exciting. That's a great pick right there.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Taco get drafted????
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?