Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Josh Okogie is neat

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
YBBR

Josh Okogie is neat

Post by YBBR »

Apparently they jusy had him on NBA TV to help cover the Raps Vs. Bucks game.

"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
flexbuffchest

Re: Josh Okogie is neat

Post by flexbuffchest »

Love the guy!
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

My favorite Wolf. He WILL be a star.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Okogie IS neat!

If the man can get a jumper, watch out world. See, us wolves fans are easy to please:. Give effort, don't be a douche. Take note Wiggins.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:14 am My favorite Wolf. He WILL be a star.
Not sure about a star but he is going to be a very good player who the crowd will always love.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:28 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:14 am My favorite Wolf. He WILL be a star.
Not sure about a star but he is going to be a very good player who the crowd will always love.
I have a different definition of star than most. Because I realize there are 2 ends of the court. He gets you 15 points and fucks up other team's offenses with his meth monkey D and that's a star level IMPACT. That's what counts. How many big scorer losers have we seen to know that.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

We'll turn on him.

It’s what we do.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

He'll get traded.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

josh okogie is why i want us to draft brandon clarke. i think they're cut from the same cloth.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:49 am We'll turn on him.

It’s what we do.
Play another fucking note, turd.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Lightning wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:59 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:49 am We'll turn on him.

It’s what we do.
Play another fucking note, turd.
I’d love to. Just give me a reason.

- Carl Jung
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Not a good shooter right now, but a willing shooter. Not a good passer sither, but a willing passer. He wants to make those open shots and he wants to make those plays for his teammates.

His energy level and defense has already been elite level. JO and KBD both overachieved in their rookie years. I'm expecting those two to build on that and be better in their sophomore seasons.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I mean not necessarily overachieved, more like outperformed expectations.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I think I'd be willing to call Okogie a good passer already. He sees the right plays, makes the right pass.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Josh has a great game. Just needs to finish at the rim better (under control) and shoot better. He's got good form so I expect it will improve.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

j2j wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:19 pm I think I'd be willing to call Okogie a good passer already. He sees the right plays, makes the right pass.
Agreed, with time he will be a playmaker as his usage increases.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

I honestly hope he doesn’t become gun shy shooting 3s because of his rookie season. I think he will improve(maybe not dramatically, but I would take 35% personally) and I think it’s important that his 3pt volume stays consistent. Not sure what his % at the rim was and I’m out today so I can’t look but if he becomes an efficient rim player and decent shooter, with his defensive value you’re looking at an extremely valuable rotation player. The kind of draft steals we talk about the Wolves needing.
j2j

Post by j2j »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:50 pm I honestly hope he doesn’t become gun shy shooting 3s because of his rookie season. I think he will improve(maybe not dramatically, but I would take 35% personally) and I think it’s important that his 3pt volume stays consistent. Not sure what his % at the rim was and I’m out today so I can’t look but if he becomes an efficient rim player and decent shooter, with his defensive value you’re looking at an extremely valuable rotation player. The kind of draft steals we talk about the Wolves needing.
"Gun shy" doesn't seem like a word we'll ever use about Okogie.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I wonder how much he improves for next season. He may well end up our Kawhi.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Woah woah woah... Let's settle down here boy's.

I like Josh but let's not go overboard.

He gets a lot of praise here because he actually gives a damn. That says a lot for the other guy's on this team though.

He's got a chance to develop but right now he's a high motor, big heart player with raw skills that need work.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 pm Woah woah woah... Let's settle down here boy's.

He gets a lot of praise here because he actually gives a damn. That says a lot for the other guy's on this team though.

He's got a chance to develop but right now he's a high motor, big heart player with raw skills that need work.
Yea we get it. You’re honestly the most negative minded person on this board. It’s almost like you make it your mission to shit on any hope or positivity people may express.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:21 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 pm Woah woah woah... Let's settle down here boy's.

Yea we get it. You’re honestly the most negative minded person on this board. It’s almost like you make it your mission to shit on any hope or positivity people may express.
Settle doww, Kev. Wouldn't you say this best describes him right now? I'm a fan of his as I stated before.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:24 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:21 pm

Settle doww, Kev. Wouldn't you say this best describes him right now? I'm a fan of his as I stated before.
I’m not mad or riled up. You just have a negative spin on almost everything. I’ve noticed across not just WC but Gopher chat too. Be happy bro. :thumbsup:
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

His shooting form is smooth. With reps and experience, I think he will be at least an adequate shooter.

Plus, I think he actually wants to get better. Add that to the solid motor he has on the court and his ability as a defender and you’re cooking.

At the very least you have a starting caliber player one day.
witljon

Post by witljon »

No NBA all rookie first or second team for Josh Okogie.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

witljon wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:25 pm No NBA all rookie first or second team for Josh Okogie.
Defense only wins you games.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

He didn’t earn a rookie team nod. No surprise here.

- Carl Jung
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 am His shooting form is smooth. With reps and experience, I think he will be at least an adequate shooter.

Plus, I think he actually wants to get better. Add that to the solid motor he has on the court and his ability as a defender and you’re cooking.

At the very least you have a starting caliber player one day.
Agreed. He’s shot isn't broken and he doesn’t take a ton of bad shots. It’s just not going in a lot as of year one. There’s reason to believe it will get better. It has to get better if he wants to be an quality player in the nba, but there’s reason to believe that it will.

He’s got great defensive instincts, skills, and tenacity and is good in transition. He could be valuable if he develops.

- Carl Jung
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Ballin' out for Nigeria:

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

that's where brady heslip is! getting posterbombed by josh!
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.