Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Lottery Trade Idea

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Post Lottery Trade Idea

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

What am I trying to win here j2j? I’m trying to become Gersson Rosas’s Vice President of Basketball Operations damnit! I can’t do that if I don’t slay guys on mn rube central!
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:05 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:24 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Our defense sucks because it lacks a team coherence. The team has had 4 head coaches in Wiggins tenure. I think Thibs could not teach this team how to play the defensive concepts and he should have simplified the approach then built it up.

Again, defensively this team is not the sum of its parts. Gettin Covington in the lineup should help.
Well, this is certainly true. But it's also true they need better defensive players. But they also need shooting as well. The team has significant question marks. They also need a better playmaker. Someone who can facilitate and get shots for other guys.
Weren't the Wolves reasonable on defense when Roco played or am I completely forgetting everything? I mean, it was like 20 games.
We were like top 10, if not better on D for a stretch. Combining RoCo with more switching on defense, which he allows, and we'll see a huge improvement on defense.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
j2j

Post by j2j »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:45 pm What am I trying to win here j2j? I’m trying to become Gersson Rosas’s Vice President of Basketball Operations damnit! I can’t do that if I don’t slay guys on mn rube central!
Sometimes when we win we actually lose.

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

j2j wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:50 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:45 pm What am I trying to win here j2j? I’m trying to become Gersson Rosas’s Vice President of Basketball Operations damnit! I can’t do that if I don’t slay guys on mn rube central!
Working for the Timberwolves is a Pyrrhic victory :lol:
j2j

Post by j2j »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:11 pm
j2j wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:50 pm
Working for the Timberwolves is a Pyrrhic victory :lol:
Same can be said for being a fan. Think of how many cancers could have been cured with all the time we've wasted on this franchise.

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:15 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:59 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:22 am
Easy to say that we need shooting. Yeah we need the best PG in the league and an owner who will spend a nickle too. Let's get all those things and still fix our D and rebounding. We do that how?

I'm just giving Mlhouse shit because he says the same thing every year because he has a 1 note take on basketball and he will only argue for that point. Only shoot 3's. Only way to win. Only way to space the floor is with 50 3's a game. He 100% glosses over what our giant needs are. He glosses over out top 5 offense. He looks at this draft with good defensive big as the value around our pick. And somehow that all lining up is a reason to go looking for another C who can hit a 3.
No you obviously are too dense to understand my point. Shooting more 3’s is just a result of what I state. What tge Wolves need is better spacing on the floor. They haven’t played with proper spacing for years.

Players like Gibson and Dieng can’t add the spacing needed from their position. Thus their defender is available to help. This forces much harder contested shots at the rim or forces our shots from PnR to be more extended.

This isn’t a mystery and tge reason Wiggins shoots long 2s is because tgat is what is available.
I fully understand what you are saying we've had this disagreement for years. You are utterly "new NBA" offense obsessed and every move you want to make is entirely that. Defense is half the game. We are good at offense and we suck at defense. Dispute that with a fact if you can.
There is absolutely zero truth to the claim defense is half the game. At best, in today's NBA it is 1/3 of the game. At best. The spacing and range of shooters in the league make it virtually impossible to play consistent defense. The best you can do is not make defensive mistakes that gives the offense even more of an advantage.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Subjective.