Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Wolves #11 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

Re: *** Official Wolves #11 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft ***

Post by LordNu »

If you guys have an issue with Bol Bol's skinniness, look at Robert Bobroczky:

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:13 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:12 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 pm

What was the question?
Is Hunter going to be a better defender than Clarke. No question at all who is now. Will he be better than Clarke. Brandon Clarke. The guy from Gonzaga. Will Hunter be a better defender than him?
When did I say he would be?

This is exactly why I continue to question your ability to comprehend what you read when you're in rage mode.
I asked you if he would be because you throw out specious stats from guys who don't play D they just jump passing lanes or stand under the basket and block shots. I said look at Clarke vs Hunter in blk+stl and you come with Harden and Towns stats. We are talking about actual defensive players. This is what Clarke and Hunter are being drafted for. Why is Hunter 1/4 of the blk+stl as Clarke? If they are playing the same spot in the NBA? What makes you think Hunter is on par? What makes you think those stats mean nothing? Because Harden stands there while his man blows by him and just plays passing lanes? Because Towns just stands under the hoop and gets at the rim blocks? What do those two terrible defenders have to do with defense?

You argued for Hunter as a top defender. I think he is inferior to Clarke by a ways. I think those stats show that. If you disagree then just tell me why. Don't use specious fake stats that punks like Harden throw up. Clarke is not a no D stat padder like Harden. He's a once in a generation freak defensively. Haunter is not. If you like Hunter more because he can hit a 3 that's different. But on D he is not in the same league.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Every pick outside of the top ten is not reaching. Take the guy who you want. Every team is throwing darts at this point in the draft.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

My feeling if the Wolves pick at 11...1. Sekou Doumbouya 2. Brandon Clarke 3. Kevin Porter Jr.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 pm If you guys have an issue with Bol Bol's skinniness, look at Robert Bobroczky:

mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Cleveland might have Garland fall in their lap. Perhaps they like White if Pelicans trade #4.

Maybe we could trade #11 for Collin Sexton?
witljon

Post by witljon »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:03 pm Every pick outside of the top ten is not reaching. Take the guy who you want. Every team is throwing darts at this point in the draft.
So, it wouldn't be considered a reach if we chose Amir Coffey at 11?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

coffey would be an absolute disaster of a reach at 11.

jordan murphy, on the other hand - now we're talking.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 pm coffey would be an absolute disaster of a reach at 11.

No we’re not yummy :lol:
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 pm coffey would be an absolute disaster of a reach at 11.

Well in my eyes, I don't see any difference in talent in the 4 to 12 range in what I feel is a weak draft.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

witljon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am

Well in my eyes, I don't see any difference in talent in the 4 to 12 range in what I feel is a weak draft.
I would say 4-8 might have its own tier, then 9 and 10 might be some high risk/reward guys and 11 to about 20 are fairly equal. Of course we pick at 11.

It is why trading down, seems to offer more value than staying at 11. But you never know how the draft will shake out and maybe a couple of players rise into the top 10 leaving at least a high risk/reward guy for the taking should they want them.
witljon

Post by witljon »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:22 am
I would say 4-8 might have its own tier, then 9 and 10 might be some high risk/reward guys and 11 to about 20 are fairly equal. Of course we pick at 11.

It is why trading down, seems to offer more value than staying at 11. But you never know how the draft will shake out and maybe a couple of players rise into the top 10 leaving at least a high risk/reward guy for the taking should they want them.
It would be interesting to see how NBA front offices feel about it.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

I personally think this year is almost tierless. I don't see any real cut off lines just a slow decline from Zion on down.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

witljon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:29 am

I am pretty sure they see Culver, Garland and White at minimum above many in the top 12 Hunter, is likely in that group and it would not surprise me if Sekou is a riser. That brings you to 8 before another likely drop off. Thoes are my top 8 as of now, which is kind of playing the chalk for the most part.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

witljon wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:18 pm
Decker23 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:03 pm Every pick outside of the top ten is not reaching. Take the guy who you want. Every team is throwing darts at this point in the draft.
So, it wouldn't be considered a reach if we chose Amir Coffey at 11?
If that's they guy they want... nope.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
witljon

Post by witljon »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:01 am

I am pretty sure they see Culver, Garland and White at minimum above many in the top 12 Hunter, is likely in that group and it would not surprise me if Sekou is a riser. That brings you to 8 before another likely drop off. Thoes are my top 8 as of now, which is kind of playing the chalk for the most part.
So, you're pretty sure NBA front offices see it the way you do? ;)
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

witljon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:38 pm
I am. By no means 100%, but close. Cam Reddish is a guy who may be top 8 and also Chalk along with Jaxon Hayes. Additionally can I see guys like PJ Washington, Goga, Rui, Keldon Johnson, Kabengale, Langford as darkhorses. But that is more a single-minded FO who falls in love with a player, it is not going to be the consensus. Little is on of the risk/reward players I see one the board at 11, but he too may rise or fall. Clarke a guy who is mentioned some is a guy I would be surprised with, who may go above some of those I mentioned, but may also fall quite a bit.

In my 20's I put more effort into it, but I have been okay when projecting these things, at least average. Noise comes out around know and if you can read between lines or interpret subterfuge the better a person will be in mocking things out. Knowing a tad about basketball helps, but often in things like this it only provides bias, which look-out I may just be guilty of.
witljon

Post by witljon »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:01 pm

I am. By no means 100%, but close. Cam Reddish is a guy who may be top 8 and also Chalk along with Jaxon Hayes. Additionally can I see guys like PJ Washington, Goga, Rui, Keldon Johnson, Kabengale, Langford as darkhorses. But that is more a single-minded FO who falls in love with a player, it is not going to be the consensus. Little is on of the risk/reward players I see one the board at 11, but he too may rise or fall. Clarke a guy who is mentioned some is a guy I would be surprised with, who may go above some of those I mentioned, but may also fall quite a bit.
Kinda looks like you're hinting up to a top 12 or so that I suggested. :thinking:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

In my 20's I put more effort into it, but I have been okay when projecting these things, at least average. Noise comes out around know and if you can read between lines or interpret subterfuge the better a person will be in mocking things out. Knowing a tad about basketball helps, but often in things like this it only provides bias, which look-out I may just be guilty of.
I don't know if it's fall in love this year but when it's flat teams are more likely to take fit and need more than pure talent. I doubt any of the mocks will look very accurate after the draft. Just have to hope that our FO is one of the smart one's they talk about identifying a guy who helps and not one that "reaches" for fit, need, or upside.

There has been very little in the way of draft smoke this year. Most of what you hear after the top 3 is teams willing to move down or move picks. Seems a little odd but if you see the draft as full of solid role players from 3 on down then why not get 2 for cheap over 1. I have some personal favorites who are a great fit with upside but look at different mocks and the smoke you hear and they are all over the different boards.

This has to be the hardest draft to pick I can remember. Wouldn't shock me if it sets the record for 1st round trades.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

More I watch/read. More I like who we will get. There may not be superstars at 11, but surely some good players who can help.

Rui
Naw
Little
Washington
Clarke
Keldon

All at least solid #4/5/6 guys
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

mglviks wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:41 pm More I watch/read. More I like who we will get. There may not be superstars at 11, but surely some good players who can help.

Rui
Naw
Little
Washington
Clarke
Keldon

All at least solid #4/5/6 guys
Doumboya
Clarke
Kabengele

Anyone else we better be trading back for something. Barring a Wigs trade I have to believe that's what happens.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:38 pm

I don't know if it's fall in love this year but when it's flat teams are more likely to take fit and need more than pure talent. I doubt any of the mocks will look very accurate after the draft. Just have to hope that our FO is one of the smart one's they talk about identifying a guy who helps and not one that "reaches" for fit, need, or upside.

There has been very little in the way of draft smoke this year. Most of what you hear after the top 3 is teams willing to move down or move picks. Seems a little odd but if you see the draft as full of solid role players from 3 on down then why not get 2 for cheap over 1. I have some personal favorites who are a great fit with upside but look at different mocks and the smoke you hear and they are all over the different boards.

This has to be the hardest draft to pick I can remember. Wouldn't shock me if it sets the record for 1st round trades.
Honestly, I don't think this is a hard draft to speculate on and if in the top 10 most of the time fit is not a thing. Trade change that, but those who trade also know the draft. For me, personally. I have seen drafts that were harder to predict. It being a shallow draft has likely made it easier. Fewer games are being played, obviously teams could be playing things closer to the vest, but leaks would or should come out. I do agree there SHOULD be many trades in the 1st, not sure it happens because of a top heavy draft and stagnate value in the middle. At least that will detract from trade value. But like I said it is about a single team loving a player.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Honestly, I don't think this is a hard draft to speculate on and if in the top 10 most of the time fit is not a thing. Trade change that, but those who trade also know the draft. For me, personally. I have seen drafts that were harder to predict. It being a shallow draft has likely made it easier. Fewer games are being played, obviously teams could be playing things closer to the vest, but leaks would or should come out. I do agree there SHOULD be many trades in the 1st, not sure it happens because of a top heavy draft and stagnate value in the middle. At least that will detract from trade value. But like I said it is about a single team loving a player.
So let's see your picks. 4-11.

There are no leaks because all the talk is about moving picks not players. So predict the obvious trades too.

And fit is not a thing? That's ludicrous.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:27 pm

There are no leaks because all the talk is about moving picks not players. So predict the obvious trades too.

Kind of already did that. But because you hate people who disagree, you want them to repeat and do it again, and again, and again... I said how I see things, you disagree, so what? I stand by my historic takes including thinking Curry was a systems guy too which I was DEAD wrong. Why don't you offer something for once? Or just go away.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Kind of already did that. But because you hate people who disagree, you want them to repeat and do it again, and again, and again... I said how I see things, you disagree, so what? I stand by my historic takes including thinking Curry was a systems guy too which I was DEAD wrong. Why don't you offer something for once? Or just go away.
Dude be a twat if you want or you could just say who you think is going where. I don't give a shit about your "history" And why don't I offer something? Go to the draft thread it's 1/3 me. I said I have no idea how it falls in front of us and you said you knew but you won't say? Instead go full on defensive? Whatever dude.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Ya'll need to smoke some weed.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:25 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Dude be a twat if you want or you could just say who you think is going where. I don't give a shit about your "history" And why don't I offer something? Go to the draft thread it's 1/3 me. I said I have no idea how it falls in front of us and you said you knew but you won't say? Instead go full on defensive? Whatever dude.
I did and avoided the usage of "twat", wonder why people don't like you and see you as a liar. Keep it up.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:36 pm Ya'll need to smoke some weed.
:lol:
j2j

Post by j2j »

Only worthwhile post in pages.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Got a hookup?
Spoiler: