Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Wolves #11 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
irishman89

Re: *** Official Wolves #11 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft ***

Post by irishman89 »

Would you rather use Homie to move up or to gain an additional first-round pick?

Like 11 and Homie for 6 vs Homie for 17 or wherever he'd fetch.

6 or 11 and 17?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

By the way, I'm finally getting over the denial that we actually ended up with the 11th freaking pick in that damn lottery. Like a bad chapter in a bad dream...
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:54 pm Would you rather use Homie to move up or to gain an additional first-round pick?

Like 11 and Homie for 6 vs Homie for 17 or wherever he'd fetch.

6 or 11 and 17?
Homie isn't fetching 5 spots up but just going with the scenario you presented...

If Sekou is there, I want #6. If he's gone, I want #11 and #17 :thumbsup:

Thrill suggested both of Bostons late picks I believe for Saric.

Something like two mid 20's picks. I would do that also. I would trade him for anything in rd #1 basically.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 pm By the way, I'm finally getting over the denial that we actually ended up with the 11th freaking pick in that damn lottery. Like a bad chapter in a bad dream...
My attitude was if we didn't get a top 2 pick I was happy staying at 10 in this draft.

......I wasn't prepared to drop to 11. :(
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

Southpaw23 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:24 pm Coby White falls, we all in right?
I am, but I don't see it happening. Even if he gets by Suns & Bulls (one of them would take Sekou), I just don't see him getting by The Wiz.

However, I'm beginning to see a narrow path where Hunter could drop.
j2j

Post by j2j »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:26 am
I am, but I don't see it happening. Even if he gets by Suns & Bulls (one of them would take Sekou), I just don't see him getting by The Wiz.

I'm all in favor of RoCo and DAH being our 3/4. Big, strong, long, switch everything, good shooting. Let's do it!
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 am
KATMANDUDE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:26 am

I'm all in favor of RoCo and DAH being our 3/4. Big, strong, long, switch everything, good shooting. Let's do it!
No to Hunter. Not strong enough to handle big 4's terrible rebounder. He does not make us better. He falls you take the value in trade back. Take Clarke over him any day.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i love clarke too - but i think you're selling hunter a little short. strong, huge wingspan, team first mindset, career 42% 3pt shooter, and DPOY in one of the best conferences in college ball. there's a lot to like there.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:27 am i love clarke too - but i think you're selling hunter a little short. strong, huge wingspan, team first mindset, career 42% 3pt shooter, and DPOY in one of the best conferences in college ball. there's a lot to like there.
Yep! Hunter will be an absolute stud.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:27 am i love clarke too - but i think you're selling hunter a little short. strong, huge wingspan, team first mindset, career 42% 3pt shooter, and DPOY in one of the best conferences in college ball. there's a lot to like there.
His D is overrated because he played on a top 3 defense in college the whole time. He's crazy long but not that strong or particularly athletic. And he does not board. We can not put a guy at the 4 who gets 5 rebounds a game. It's probably our biggest problem.

If he gets to us you start talking to Bos who has some tough rebounding 2's and 3's and snatch up some pf their picks. Hunter is definitely in the Saric camp. Good player who's value to other is greater than to us.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:41 am
His D is overrated because he played on a top 3 defense in college the whole time. He's crazy long but not that strong or particularly athletic. And he does not board. We can not put a guy at the 4 who gets 5 rebounds a game. It's probably our biggest problem.

If he gets to us you start talking to Bos who has some tough rebounding 2's and 3's and snatch up some pf their picks. Hunter is definitely in the Saric camp. Good player who's value to other is greater than to us.
or... their defense was top 3 because hunter was a main cog in it. i like clarke better for us too - but do think you're selling hunter short. did he only average only 5 boards a game because he's a poor rebounder - or because he's such a versatile defender that half the time he was out on the perimeter covering wings? his value to us is perhaps higher as a trade chip, you're right. mostly i think we need a 4 and he's more a 3 - but if we needed a 3, IMO he'd be a great option for us.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 am

or... their defense was top 3 because hunter was a main cog in it. i like clarke better for us too - but do think you're selling hunter short. did he only average only 5 boards a game because he's a poor rebounder - or because he's such a versatile defender that half the time he was out on the perimeter covering wings? his value to us is perhaps higher as a trade chip, you're right. mostly i think we need a 4 and he's more a 3 - but if we needed a 3, IMO he'd be a great option for us.
They were before him and will be after. It's their system both the pack line D and how slow they play on offense feeding into it. Clark was all over the floor, played point in their zone, switched everything, flew around for blocks, ran the floor for dunks, and managed to somehow still rebound. If Hunter is such a great defender I ask you to compare his blk+stl numbers to Clarke. It's straight up night and day.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Blocks and steals, two of the most overrated raw stats in basketball.

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 am Blocks and steals, two of the most overrated raw stats in basketball.
Deflection rates > raw steals.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
j2j

Post by j2j »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:11 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 am Blocks and steals, two of the most overrated raw stats in basketball.
Deflection rates > raw steals.
:thumbsup:

In other words how many balls do you get your hands on compared to how many opportunities you have to get your hands on balls.
Spoiler:
Phrasing

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

So what? Are you saying you can't judge a defender by those stats? May not be the end all be all to the team but they certainly speak to how good and active a defender is. Clarke has 4 times as many as Hunter. Maybe even more.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:33 pm
So what? Are you saying you can't judge a defender by those stats? May not be the end all be all to the team but they certainly speak to how good and active a defender is. Clarke has 4 times as many as Hunter. Maybe even more.
Who is a better defender; James Harden or Klay Thompson?

Who is a better defender; Karl-Anthony Towns or Draymond Green?

Andre Drummond was #1 in the league in blks(#2)+stls(#5). Is he the best defender in the league?

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:34 am
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 am

They were before him and will be after. It's their system both the pack line D and how slow they play on offense feeding into it. Clark was all over the floor, played point in their zone, switched everything, flew around for blocks, ran the floor for dunks, and managed to somehow still rebound. If Hunter is such a great defender I ask you to compare his blk+stl numbers to Clarke. It's straight up night and day.
you may be right. but this is where you get into trouble. there are plenty of other fine bb minds in the country (you're not the only one) - idk, who votes for ACC DPOY, the coaches maybe? - who looked at hunter's play on the court and named him the best defender in one of the best conferences in the country. they're all bozos? and once again, i want clarke at 11. i think he's a PF in the league. i think hunter is a SF. if we needed a SF, i think hunter would be an okay get at 11. and, yes, i'd like him at 11 way more than jaxson hayes or nassir little or bol bol.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Andre Drummond was #1 in the league in blks(#2)+stls(#5). Is he the best defender in the league?
You don't think Drummond was one of the best defenders in the league? Add his defensive rebounding to that?

If you think Hunter is a better defender than Clarke just say so and I will remind you all year long. And guys who don't play D and just chase steals or blocks are always there. We have one. We aren't comparing stat padders. We're comparing legit defenders.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i, for one, am not saying hunter is superior to clarke defensively. i think clarke is REALLY exceptional in that regard. but hunter is a pretty damn good defender. he's miles ahead of rui, to give one example of another highly rated tweener. and rui - as a scorer - has a college 3PT% a full ten points lower than hunter's college career average. i know you're big on rui and low on hunter. do you rate rui (a worse shooter and defender) higher than hunter?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:00 pm i, for one, am not saying hunter is superior to clarke defensively. i think clarke is REALLY exceptional in that regard. but hunter is a pretty damn good defender. he's miles ahead of rui, to give one example of another highly rated tweener.
Hunter is good defender but overrated. The definition of overrated is anyone who some call the best defender in the draft in the same draft as Clarke. Clarke is in a league of his own.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

maybe in the paint. thybulle is probably in a league of his own elsewhere.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:56 pm

You don't think Drummond was one of the best defenders in the league? Add his defensive rebounding to that?

If you think Hunter is a better defender than Clarke just say so and I will remind you all year long. And guys who don't play D and just chase steals or blocks are always there. We have one. We aren't comparing stat padders. We're comparing legit defenders.
Your reading comprehension continues to suffer in your rage.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:21 pm maybe in the paint. thybulle is probably in a league of his own elsewhere.
Thybull is a freak but they entirely built a defense around him the last 2 years and let him freelance. Clarke stepped into a championship level program and was a force from game 1. And I'll take Clarke on the perimeter over Thybull in the post any day. Clarke blocks shots every way. Thybull is a sneaky backside block guy. But I'd trade every Wolf ever to get those 2 on the team at the same time.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:26 pm

:lol: It's so fun when you think real hard for a comeback and just use mine for you instead. I'm honored. By the way care to actually answer? No?

Shocker.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm

:lol: It's so fun when you think real hard for a comeback and just use mine for you instead. I'm honored. By the way care to actually answer? No?

Shocker.
wAt?

Your inability to either read my posts or comprehend what I've posted makes it a waste of time to go down this road... Again...

Your brain functions on the level of "must score message board points and drop comebacks and insults on those that don't agree with me", what value could I possibly find in anything you attempt to contribute?

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Shocker.
wAt?

Your inability to either read my posts or comprehend what I've posted makes it a waste of time to go down this road... Again...

Your brain functions on the level of "must score message board points and drop comebacks and insults on those that don't agree with me", what value could I possibly find in anything you attempt to contribute?
Care to answer? No? Shocker
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:48 pm

Shocker.
wAt?

What was the question?

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 pm

wAt?

What was the question?
Is Hunter going to be a better defender than Clarke. No question at all who is now. Will he be better than Clarke. Brandon Clarke. The guy from Gonzaga. Will Hunter be a better defender than him?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:12 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 pm
What was the question?
Is Hunter going to be a better defender than Clarke. No question at all who is now. Will he be better than Clarke. Brandon Clarke. The guy from Gonzaga. Will Hunter be a better defender than him?
When did I say he would be?

This is exactly why I continue to question your ability to comprehend what you read when you're in rage mode.