Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Draft Lottery 2019 Chat ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
bubu dubu.

Re: *** Official Draft Lottery 2019 Chat ***

Post by bubu dubu. »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:23 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:09 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:46 pm
okay?
Full disclosure: I'm a tad high.
Was directed more at Wolfson, than you
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

D_H wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:10 pm
kilkenny wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:10 pm What a goddam joke. NBA is rigged.
It's not rigged the first two picks were New Orleans and Memphis.
Rigged. Lakers jump the Wolves. Wolves have never once moved up but have moved down countless times. No explanation for that other than rigging.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:37 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:01 pm

The owner signing Wiggs set us back.

Had he not, Butler stays and we are facing Warriors now.
Should have never emptied the cupboards for Butler. The POS never wanted to play in MN, only clowns would think that overinflated ego would want to stay here. Set the franchise back to an unimaginable level.

Simmons, Embiid and Butler weren’t even good enough to beat a one man team in the East, how the hell would Wiggins, Towns and Butler advance even further in the West.

Wake up! Butler sucks and can’t lead a team to winning when it matters - this has now been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Having another terrible contract (Lolvine) and a worthless Dunn, wouldn't have gotnus any further. The Butler trade was the right thing to do. We were pretty good with him. You couldn't predict what happened.

Where we screwed the pooch was taking a horrible trade for Butler.
But I predicted what happened.
Last edited by jodaman01 on Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:49 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Should have never emptied the cupboards for Butler. The POS never wanted to play in MN, only clowns would think that overinflated ego would want to stay here. Set the franchise back to an unimaginable level.

Simmons, Embiid and Butler weren’t even good enough to beat a one man team in the East, how the hell would Wiggins, Towns and Butler advance even further in the West.

Wake up! Butler sucks and can’t lead a team to winning when it matters - this has now been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Having another terrible contract (Lolvine) and a worthless Dunn, wouldn't have gotnus any further. The Butler trade was the right thing to do. We were pretty good with him. You couldn't predict what happened.

But I predict what happened.
You also predicted the Wolves would be better once Butler and Thibs were gone. They suck right now.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ItsGameOvrMan

Post by ItsGameOvrMan »

Wolves have no luck in the draft lottery ever. At least #1 didn't go the Lakers.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Pelicans are probably just playing their cards tight with the AD thing, just like Flip did when Love wanted out, and Thibs did when Butt wanted out. AD's gonna get traded, no matter how good a scenario fans can speculate on. Its a shame too. A few pages back, someone pointed out a scenario of Jrue/Klay/Zion/Randle/AD. That would be a hell of a team.

Even after the trade though, the Pelicans will be must watch TV. From the Lakers, you could probably get Kuzma/Ingram/Hart/ AND the 4th pick (probably Lonzo too, but I hope they would be smart enough to dodge that bullet).

Knicks offer might not be as good, but still a lot of enticing young pieces, like one or two of their young PGs, Knox, Robinson and the 3rd pick...if they do add a star or two to their team, they probably wouldnt hesitate to throw in future picks as well.

Minnesota offer of Wiggins and a 2nd rounder next year

Boston offer of Brown and Tatum would probably be on the table...Maybe take back Hayward too, to do Boston a favor and absorb his contract for Boston to go after some stars. #14 this year probably also included.

Brooklyn...Dangelo, Allen, Levert and some draft picks, including #17 this year

They are going to have a lot of offers on the table.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

kilkenny wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:35 pm
Rigged. Lakers jump the Wolves. Wolves have never once moved up but have moved down countless times. No explanation for that other than rigging.
It certainly is disappointing...watch a team like NOP get AD, then see them squander the opportunity. Then they get a do-over with Zion. Same thing with Cleveland...LeBron, then he leaves, then they get 3 #1 picks in 4 years...Kyrie being the only one worthwhile, but still, the other two were enough ammo to get their third star for a championship.

meanwhile, the Wolves just keep moving down.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:57 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:49 pm

But I predict what happened.
You also predicted the Wolves would be better once Butler and Thibs were gone. They suck right now.
Did they play with half their roster for half the season?

Imagine that - they didn’t play great.

Let’s see how it goes when they are full strength before we declare how shitty they are. Thibbs and Butler tanked the Wolves season before it even began last season. I think next season we see a huge jump.
witljon

Post by witljon »

And the Lakers conveniently won the second pick in the draft 3 years in a row.
15 Russell
16 Ingram
17 Ball
T_J

Post by T_J »

44 min mark of Bill Simmons podcast with Rusillo is pretty good.

They do the lottery picks live and Simmons is pissed when the Lakers move up.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

It's a shame we couldn't have won this lottery over any other. If the stars aligned and we ended up with the #1 pick and the Knicks with the #2 pick, we could have gotten a king's ransom for Zion and also adding Ja Morant.

Zion was so pissed the Pelicans won... looks like they get to deal with another kid being a 'location drama queen.' Zion is stuck too, because there is no single player any team would want other than Zion or Ja. It's either Memphis or Nahlens for him, LOL.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

witljon wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:23 am

And the Lakers conveniently won the second pick in the draft 3 years in a row.
15 Russell
16 Ingram
17 Ball
If it was rigged, why the hell didn't LeBron's Lakers get the #1 pick? That would have been a HUGE story line and narrative for years. Same with NY. Not only did they not win Zion, but they got the #3 and #4 pick, which are HUGE drop offs in talent.

It's not rigged, it's just statistics. People that cry 'rigged' are the same people that cry over bad beats in poker.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
T_J

Post by T_J »

I agree it's not rigged, but I guarantee Decker tells bad beat stories nonstop at the poker table.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Don't know if it's been covered, but AD to LA for Kuz, Ingram and #4, NO starts over with Zion and #4, LA gets AD...Win win.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:15 am Don't know if it's been covered, but AD to LA for Kuz, Ingram and #4, NO starts over with Zion and #4, LA gets AD...Win win.
Think Lebron's old GM would do him a solid like that?

In a way, Griff probably never gets this job without Lebron winning that title.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

T_J wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:15 am Don't know if it's been covered, but AD to LA for Kuz, Ingram and #4, NO starts over with Zion and #4, LA gets AD...Win win.
Think Lebron's old GM would do him a solid like that?

In a way, Griff probably never gets this job without Lebron winning that title.
In 3 years his team blows Lebron's off the court so yeah. And by 3 I mean 2.
witljon

Post by witljon »

I like the Culver kid at 4.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I think so.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Decker23 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 amZion is stuck too, because there is no single player any team would want other than Zion or Ja. It's either Memphis or Nahlens for him, LOL.
What are you blathering about now?
witljon

Post by witljon »

ItsGameOvrMan wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 pm Wolves have no luck in the draft lottery ever. At least #1 didn't go the Lakers.
22 lotteries and not once ever moved up. What are the chances of that?
This year marks the 12th time in their history that they moved down.
The 10 other times we just stayed the same.
4 of the move-down times we moved down more than one spot.
How many lotteries will it take for the Wolves to finally get some luck and move up?
Or will it never happen?

Now the Lakers move up to the 4th spot this year.
They got the 2nd pick in the draft in 2015, 16, and 17.
j2j

Post by j2j »

witljon wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:07 am
ItsGameOvrMan wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 pm Wolves have no luck in the draft lottery ever. At least #1 didn't go the Lakers.
How many lotteries will it take for the Wolves to finally get some luck and move up?
Or will it never happen?

My blind hope is never... Because we make the playoffs from now on. I was thinking the same thing as you yesterday and said to myself...

"Self, j2j calling, the Wolves are due. We need to move up in the lottery to #1 next year. I don't know who that top pick will be, but the league owes us that."

To which I replied...

"j2j, my man, how you been? I gotta disagree. I don't want to move up in the lottery next year because if we miss the playoffs AGAIN, the KATman might start to look elsewhere. We can't have that!"

To which myself replied...

"Smart... You're smart... Hadn't thought of it that way. I guess that's why you're a frubechat legend and the President and Founder of the "Sekou Doumbouya @ #11 Fan Club".

To which I very humbly replied...

"Yep, you're welcome."
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

witljon wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:07 am
Or will it never happen?

Makes you wonder what would have happened if the Wolves won just one more game and tied with the Lakers. If the Lakers won the coin flip, we would have had their spot. Theoretically, the lottery balls would have ended up the same and we would have jumped to #4.

I like this new lottery style. Takes away the strategy of completely tanking for the #1 pick.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

witljon wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:05 pm
I like him at 11...... :)
witljon

Post by witljon »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:38 pm
witljon wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:05 pm
I like him at 11...... :)
The way I see it, pick 11 should be as good as pick 6.

I really like 4 guys in this draft (Zion/Ja/Culver/RJ)

After that I don't see much difference in the next 6 or 8 (Hayes/Sekou/Hunter/Reddish/Garland/White/Langford/Porter-JR)
Last edited by witljon on Fri May 17, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sounds like the Bulls aren't too high on Dunn and are looking for an upgrade in the draft.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
witljon

Post by witljon »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:18 pm Sounds like the Bulls aren't too high on Dunn and are looking for an upgrade in the draft.
I was thinking Chicago might be Cam Reddish's landing spot.