Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves + Zion = Playoffs?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Re: Wolves + Zion = Playoffs?

Post by flexbuffchest »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:27 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 pm Image
Imagine how persuasive that would be if you could read it.
For whatever reason it wont link the larger version of it.

If you right click the image and open it in a new tab it should be fine.

But essentially Zion is in the >95% percentile for almost all parts in the offense.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Decker23 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:42 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:38 pm
Decker23 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 pm

You just compared Zion Williamson to LeBron James :shock:
Might want to check the draft thread about oh...........page 1 where I have been comparing them ever since. Easily the best comp.
Every single year, people fall in love with the #1 pick. Ja is better.
The two times I watched Ja, I certainly liked what I saw. That being said every years draft brings a new set of outcomes, but for whatever reason the #2 pick hasn't panned out all that well in recent drafts. 2013 was the best in Oladipo, but guys like Bagley, Ball, Ingram, Russell, Parker, Gilchrist, our Derick Williams, Evan Turner, and Thabeet are the last 10 number 2 picks and all of them had better players picked after them except Oladipo as mentioned. Note Giannis was picked well after Oladipo but I wont count him since 14 teams passed on him.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Yes.

Teague
Wiggins
RoCo
Zion
KAT

Saric
Okogie
G

:bonerbot:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

twolves31 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:07 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:38 pm
Might want to check the draft thread about oh...........page 1 where I have been comparing them ever since. Easily the best comp.
The two times I watched Ja, I certainly liked what I saw. That being said every years draft brings a new set of outcomes, but for whatever reason the #2 pick hasn't panned out all that well in recent drafts. 2013 was the best in Oladipo, but guys like Bagley, Ball, Ingram, Russell, Parker, Gilchrist, our Derick Williams, Evan Turner, and Thabeet are the last 10 number 2 picks and all of them had better players picked after them except Oladipo as mentioned. Note Giannis was picked well after Oladipo but I wont count him since 14 teams passed on him.
Never go by history of picks not players. But saying Ja is better than Zion is ludicrous.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Never go by history of picks not players. But saying Ja is better than Zion is ludicrous.
Well, after reading this, Im thinking the second pick in the draft is overdue to pan out. :thinking:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

witljon wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:46 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Well, after reading this, Im thinking the second pick in the draft is overdue to pan out. :thinking:
Or we are overdue to get the 2nd pick and have them turn into a bum.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:00 pm Yes.

Teague
Wiggins
RoCo
Zion
KAT

Saric
Okogie
G

That's pretty legit.

Man, why the hell am I getting excited about something that won't happen. EVERY DAMN YEAR!!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Honestly, I don't really know anything about Zion's game. He good on D?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

LordNu wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:18 pm Honestly, I don't really know anything about Zion's game. He good on D?
1.8 blk 2.1 stl. That's damn good. Oh and he hammers a dunk after that 90% of the time.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

LordNu wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:18 pm Honestly, I don't really know anything about Zion's game. He good on D?
His timing and anticipation are elite. It's incredible watching the guy time the perfect help block or do the same with a steal. Not to mention that no one is gonna back down Zion. :lol:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

LordNu wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Teague
Wiggins
RoCo
Zion
KAT

Saric
Okogie
G

That's pretty legit.

Man, why the hell am I getting excited about something that won't happen. EVERY DAMN YEAR!!!
Because what? You gonna get excited during the season?

This season yes. Clarke, Doumboya, or Gafford plus some health make us good enough for now.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:30 pm
His timing and anticipation are elite. It's incredible watching the guy time the perfect help block or do the same with a steal. Not to mention that no one is gonna back down Zion. :lol:
Yep. Love the occasional talk how he's not tall enough to guard big 4's. Ever heard the phrase low man wins? Try to get post position on him. Try to back him down.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:40 am
LordNu wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Teague
Wiggins
RoCo
Zion
KAT

Saric
Okogie
G

That's pretty legit.

Because what? You gonna get excited during the season?

This season yes. Clarke, Doumboya, or Gafford plus some health make us good enough for now.
Yeah I do have to get excited again, as last season was such a let down. Don't you know what to expect?
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... layer-year

Finalists for college basketball Naismith Men's Defensive Player of the Year announced

Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga
De’Andre Hunter, Virginia
Matisse Thybulle, Washington
Zion Williamson, Duke
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:43 pm
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... layer-year

Finalists for college basketball Naismith Men's Defensive Player of the Year announced

Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga
De’Andre Hunter, Virginia
Matisse Thybulle, Washington
Zion Williamson, Duke
Cheers :thumbsup:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

this dude is nuts. Only things preventing him from being one of the GOATs is the market he plays in, and possible injuries.

I've seen the Barkley comparisons, the LeBron comparisons, the Blake Griffin comparisons...

I'm starting to see some Shaq in him now too. Unstoppable in the lane. Foul him if he gets the ball there and put him on the line.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:05 am this dude is nuts. Only things preventing him from being one of the GOATs is the market he plays in, and possible injuries.

I've seen the Barkley comparisons, the LeBron comparisons, the Blake Griffin comparisons...

I'm starting to see some Shaq in him now too. Unstoppable in the lane. Foul him if he gets the ball there and put him on the line.
He is incredible. I hope he stays healthy.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.