Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves + Zion = Playoffs?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Wolves + Zion = Playoffs?

Post by Decker23 »

Another "if we win the lottery thread".

Do the Timberwolves make the playoffs if we have the big bad Zion the Lion?

"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
flexbuffchest

Re: Wolves + Zion = Playoffs?

Post by flexbuffchest »

Hope we get him!
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Not this season, but in two years I think they would. He's going to have some growing pains. He'll hit a wall in February. The Knicks are going to get a good one.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Small Hands wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:13 am Not this season, but in two years I think they would. He's going to have some growing pains. He'll hit a wall in February. The Knicks are going to get a good one.
The Knicks will not get the #1 pick. I'm always right.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Decker23 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:20 am
Small Hands wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:13 am Not this season, but in two years I think they would. He's going to have some growing pains. He'll hit a wall in February. The Knicks are going to get a good one.
The Knicks will not get the #1 pick. I'm always right.
:lol: K
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

I know one thing for sure. The Wolves aren't getting him. This team is cursed.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

:lol: Jesus Christ. Are you fucking kidding? We make it this year if Roco stays healthy. But we add the biggest freak since Lebron and we don't? :lol:
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

Yes
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:09 am
:lol: Jesus Christ. Are you fucking kidding? We make it this year if Roco stays healthy. But we add the biggest freak since Lebron and we don't? :lol:
+1

Top-4 seed with Zion.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Win the first pick in Zion, trade Wiggins and multiple firsts to Washington for Beal...lets go!
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Man... If we land top 4 i'll go crazy.. Zion in Minneapolis, I may die of excitement.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Am I crazy in that I'd prefer Ja?

If I'm crazy, just tell me.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

twolves31 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:13 am Win the first pick in Zion, trade Wiggins and multiple firsts to Washington for Beal...lets go!
You'd probably need at least a minimum of 2 lottery picks + a good player (in addition to absorbing Wiggins' contract) to even begin a Beal deal.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

beetlebum71 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:27 am Am I crazy in that I'd prefer Ja?

Crazy. From a best fit for the team Ja makes more sense I suppose but Zion is far too talented to pass up.

I'm not comparing the caliber of players but it'd be like going back to the LeBron draft and thinking that the Cavs should take someone other than James.

swenjj

Post by swenjj »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:05 pm

Crazy. From a best fit for the team Ja makes more sense I suppose but Zion is far too talented to pass up.

I'm not comparing the caliber of players but it'd be like going back to the LeBron draft and thinking that the Cavs should take someone other than James.
I would be just as excited if we won the 2nd pick,but at 1 you gotta take Zion. If we did get 2 at least we already know who's available.no ones passing on Zion so could plan easily.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:09 am
The Wolves don't make the playoffs with RoCo :lol:

Some of you act as if this guy is some stud.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Let's say Lebron and Westbrook are in the same draft. Who do you take. Sure the odds of either being 100% of them is slim but that's the kind of players they are.

And speaking of styles. I'd take Garland for us over Ja any day. I'd certainly take the extra return you'd get trading back but who would you rather have to pair with our current roster Westbrook or Lillard? We'd win more with Lillard and that's who Garland is like. Much better fit especially with Towns.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Let's say Lebron and Westbrook are in the same draft. Who do you take. Sure the odds of either being 100% of them is slim but that's the kind of players they are.

And speaking of styles. I'd take Garland for us over Ja any day. I'd certainly take the extra return you'd get trading back but who would you rather have to pair with our current roster Westbrook or Lillard? We'd win more with Lillard and that's who Garland is like. Much better fit especially with Towns.
You just compared Zion Williamson to LeBron James :shock:

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Decker23 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Might want to check the draft thread about oh...........page 1 where I have been comparing them ever since. Easily the best comp.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Might want to check the draft thread about oh...........page 1 where I have been comparing them ever since. Easily the best comp.
Every single year, people fall in love with the #1 pick. Ja is better.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

He's not remotely in the same league as Lebron James.

It's like comparing Nik Stauskus to Larry Bird
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Is there a hidden gem in this draft? Like Giannis?

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Decker23 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:44 pm Is there a hidden gem in this draft? Like Giannis?
Zion.

morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

I am not sure how Zion will translate to a league playing against men.
Decker23 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:44 pm Is there a hidden gem in this draft? Like Giannis?
Rui Hachimura?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Yeah.......he's in the NCAA. When he's in the NBA I will laugh at you 10 times a week for this comment.

Looking forward to it. You just compared Zion to Nik Stauskas. Nice job.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:53 pm I am not sure how Zion will translate to a league playing against men.
Rui Hachimura?
:lol: Name 2 bigger stronger "men" in the NBA. Half the guys guarding him will be 50 lbs lighter. 50! That is not exaggeration it's straight fact. Oh, and he'll be 5 times the athlete. Are you afraid they will move the basket up to 13 feet? Wait.......Zion. I mean 15 feet.

Hidden gem, though not really hidden is Doumboya. He's the guy who will make 5-7 guys in this draft be referred to as yeah...........but not Doumboya.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Yeah.......he's in the NCAA. When he's in the NBA I will laugh at you 10 times a week for this comment.

No, i didn't compare him to Nik. So you think Zion is going to be one of the top 3 basketball players to ever play the game?

I don't even think he will be top 3 of his generation.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:58 pm

No, i didn't compare him to Nik. So you think Zion is going to be one of the top 3 basketball players to ever play the game?

I don't even think he will be top 3 of his generation.
I wouldn't have said that about Lebron. A million things can happen. He might fall off a building. But what does that have to do with who he compares best to? I mean Jesus Christ some of you and your linear thinking. If I think someone totally reminds me of Eddie Griffin does it mean I think he can block shots but will die jerking it in front of an on coming train?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 pm Image
Imagine how persuasive that would be if you could read it.