Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Rosas is new PBO...Country Club is DEAD!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: Rosas is new PBO...Country Club is DEAD!

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:51 am
Thrillkill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:43 am
HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 am
Everyone's prediction going on 1.5 years was if the Wiggins extension doesn't work out, some team in the east will take a flyer. Now what you get/have to attach to sending him out is the debate. Wiggins is movable but at what cost? The 2019 first rounder? No thanks. A future protected first where they give it up if they make the playoffs like the Payne pick (ugh), that seems more reasonable but you don't offer that right away.
Don't be ridiculous. You would not have to attach to Wigs. You would get a return. I will again repeat what basketball people throughout the league realize that rubes never seem to.

Teams with big money this FA will strike out. Those GM's will be desperate for a splash. And you always have the possibility that Kawhi leaves.

Other teams look at that and think we have ruined him. They will think they can get way more and they can get more than we got the last 2 years. So can we next year. And while they may want to steal him we won't let that happen.
My stance a year ago was you wouldn't have to attach assets. All depends on the return, maybe to get a better return you throw in a pick. Lots of teams looking at cap space will strike out, yes, and I do believe MN trading him without taking anything back would be a huge win in terms of positioning itself for a big summer 2020 free agency when Teague comes off the books and you can potentially move Dieng or stretch his contract too for the final year.
Absolutely you could increase the long term return by taking back short term money. Taking that money allows other teams to get in the mix for him not just teams with space. It allows those teams that strike out on big time FA's to still get a name and have space. Not to mention there are always teams that have stacked a position with good players. Lots of teams end up with a good high paid player and hit on a star in the draft behind them. Just on that cap management angle you can get more. And with all trades it's not those teams vs you, it's those teams vs each other. Like Butler. I don't think we got the best deal. I don't think we got a completely fair deal. But we didn't get a bad deal and that's the only way you screw yourself. So many here are willing to screw the team long term just so they can get rid of Wigs. Makes no sense at all. It's a reactionary take reminding me of their awesome owner
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:04 am
Thrillkill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:43 am
Don't be ridiculous. You would not have to attach to Wigs. You would get a return. I will again repeat what basketball people throughout the league realize that rubes never seem to.

Teams with big money this FA will strike out. Those GM's will be desperate for a splash. And you always have the possibility that Kawhi leaves.

Other teams look at that and think we have ruined him. They will think they can get way more and they can get more than we got the last 2 years. So can we next year. And while they may want to steal him we won't let that happen.
My stance a year ago was you wouldn't have to attach assets. All depends on the return, maybe to get a better return you throw in a pick. Lots of teams looking at cap space will strike out, yes, and I do believe MN trading him without taking anything back would be a huge win in terms of positioning itself for a big summer 2020 free agency when Teague comes off the books and you can potentially move Dieng or stretch his contract too for the final year.
Absolutely you could increase the long term return by taking back short term money. Taking that money allows other teams to get in the mix for him not just teams with space. It allows those teams that strike out on big time FA's to still get a name and have space. Not to mention there are always teams that have stacked a position with good players. Lots of teams end up with a good high paid player and hit on a star in the draft behind them. Just on that cap management angle you can get more. And with all trades it's not those teams vs you, it's those teams vs each other. Like Butler. I don't think we got the best deal. I don't think we got a completely fair deal. But we didn't get a bad deal and that's the only way you screw yourself. So many here are willing to screw the team long term just so they can get rid of Wigs. Makes no sense at all. It's a reactionary take reminding me of their awesome owner
It's all subjective. I think most Timberwolves fans are fine parting with Wiggins if it helps the team in the immediate future while not giving away future assets that could end up being needed. I'm no Wiggins hater so I'm certainly not "trade him for whatever the fuck you can get" just to get him out of here. I am fairly disappointed in his lack desire to be great so I'm at the point where I fully support the organization if they want to move on from him. If he's back, I hope he works hard and shoots three/takes the ball to the hoop while playing good defense.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:11 am
Thrillkill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:04 am
It's all subjective. I think most Timberwolves fans are fine parting with Wiggins if it helps the team in the immediate future while not giving away future assets that could end up being needed. I'm no Wiggins hater so I'm certainly not "trade him for whatever the fuck you can get" just to get him out of here. I am fairly disappointed in his lack desire to be great so I'm at the point where I fully support the organization if they want to move on from him. If he's back, I hope he works hard and shoots three/takes the ball to the hoop while playing good defense.
My perspective is always team not player. When I was a kid we didn't have a team so the Bucks were mine. Favorite players were Ice Man and Dr. J but when they played the Bucks I cheered for them to suck. So many now are player lovers more than team. Hence also player haters.

I am always of the mind that I will trade anyone as long as it makes the team better. Don't care how big a star they are. But I'm never trading anyone if it's a bad deal. And trading Wigs right now just seems like no way you could get the proper return. I do think we could move him. We have wing depth and the draft has good wings. But we would need to get back a legit 4 or PG or a pick that gets one. Don't think that happens right now but who knows. To me the best move is keep Saunders as coach and hope the stuff Flip and Sam had for Wigs that had him on a great trajectory returns and so does Wigs. The end of the year at least gives hope to that.

I think the odds that Wigs plays well enough starting next year to either propel us or get a better return exceed the odds of us getting something in a trade now that makes us better. We are done with 2 steps back to make a step forward. We had enough to win this year. Injuries and bizarre circumstances conspired against us. Al steps now should be 1 step froward until we are in a position to take the final steps.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:58 am
memyworld wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 am
Lulz. Just string together a few winning seasons around here first.
I don’t think he could throw out one more corporate leadership buzzword. I will have to watch how it starts to come together here before I actually understand what he is talking about.

His bit about maximizing players strengths and figure out how to play around or hide their weaknesses is something I have said a lot so I can relate to that and am happy to hear it.

Seems sharp and excited to take on this challenge. I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I like what I heard. See how it goes
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
bri

Post by bri »

Was a good listen on Bareiro's show today
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

bri wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:23 pm Was a good listen on Bareiro's show today
He might wanna think about only taking two Valium next time he does an interview.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

Great Hire Glen :thumbsup:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

That lasted all of a minute for me. When I heard Jim Pete say "Bring the Wolves back to relevancy" and then Rosas says "Unwake the sleeping giant" I had enough.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:49 pm That lasted all of a minute for me. When I heard Jim Pete say "Bring the Wolves back to relevancy" and then Rosas says "Unwake the sleeping giant" I had enough.
I don’t know what some of you honestly expect. :lol: He comes down from the rafters like Sting in WCW and scorpion death drops Sid Hartman and holds a baseball bat to Scott Layden? It’s a fucking press conference for an executive for crying out loud.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:04 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:49 pm That lasted all of a minute for me. When I heard Jim Pete say "Bring the Wolves back to relevancy" and then Rosas says "Unwake the sleeping giant" I had enough.
I don’t know what some of you honestly expect. :lol: He comes down from the rafters like Sting in WCW and scorpion death drops Sid Hartman and holds a baseball bat to Scott Layden? It’s a fucking press conference for an executive for crying out loud.
Well come on!! This is the Wolves! Nobody follows this team but diehards and unless you are one, you are not watching this interview. It's offensive to our intelligence as basketball fans at this point.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Probably would rather heard a hint of the plan going forward but I guess put to sleep the sleeping giant is................................ Wolves par for the course.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Sergeant Rubetube hates everything. Literally, go find one post in any forum where he's like, this guy is awesome!!!!
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Thrillkill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:13 pm
Probably would rather heard a hint of the plan going forward but I guess put to sleep the sleeping giant is................................ Wolves par for the course.
I’m not sure I’ve ever watched a press conference introduction where there’s any substance of game planning or roster development , etc. But it’s completely fine to want that. I’m just not sure you’re getting that in any introductory press conference.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:29 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:13 pm

I’m not sure I’ve ever watched a press conference introduction where there’s any substance of game planning or roster development , etc. But it’s completely fine to want that. I’m just not sure you’re getting that in any introductory press conference.
I generally like a grasp of the language though. Hopefully it's his 2nd.
witljon

Post by witljon »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:11 am It's all subjective. I think most Timberwolves fans are fine parting with Wiggins if it helps the team in the immediate future while not giving away future assets that could end up being needed. I'm no Wiggins hater so I'm certainly not "trade him for whatever the fuck you can get" just to get him out of here. I am fairly disappointed in his lack desire to be great so I'm at the point where I fully support the organization if they want to move on from him. If he's back, I hope he works hard and shoots three/takes the ball to the hoop while playing good defense.
I have said this before, Wiggins just needs to shoot better.
If he does that, the negativity from our fan base will go way down.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:28 pm
Sergeant Rubetube hates everything. Literally, go find one post in any forum where he's like, this guy is awesome!!!!
You must not visit Purple Chat?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

witljon wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:06 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:11 am It's all subjective. I think most Timberwolves fans are fine parting with Wiggins if it helps the team in the immediate future while not giving away future assets that could end up being needed. I'm no Wiggins hater so I'm certainly not "trade him for whatever the fuck you can get" just to get him out of here. I am fairly disappointed in his lack desire to be great so I'm at the point where I fully support the organization if they want to move on from him. If he's back, I hope he works hard and shoots three/takes the ball to the hoop while playing good defense.
I have said this before, Wiggins just needs to shoot better.
I think it's more he needs to have a care/motor that makes him do more. He is a MAX player, he can't get away with not giving 100% effort now. We have had how many seasons of his mediocrity? I'd love him to turn it around, don't get me wrong, but from the LARGE sample size, he doesn't seem to want to put in what is required to be that MAX player.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Good thing I never posted in the Game of nerds thread. I've kept myself out of there. :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

LordNu wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:09 pm
witljon wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:06 pm I have said this before, Wiggins just needs to shoot better.
I think it's more he needs to have a care/motor that makes him do more. He is a MAX player, he can't get away with not giving 100% effort now. We have had how many seasons of his mediocrity? I'd love him to turn it around, don't get me wrong, but from the LARGE sample size, he doesn't seem to want to put in what is required to be that MAX player.
Well, I just don't think if Wiggins worked harder yet shot the same would satisfy fans as much as if he would just shoot better. :thinking: I'd be alright with him being a little lazy if he could shoot like a max player.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

witljon wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:25 pm
witljon wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:06 pm I have said this before, Wiggins just needs to shoot better.
Well, I just don't think if Wiggins worked harder yet shot the same would satisfy fans as much as if he would just shoot better. :thinking: I'd be alright with him being a little lazy if he could shoot like a max player.
Don't they go hand in hand? He settles for poor long range 2pt shots a lot of the time.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think Sergeant Rubetube is maybe joe soucheray. the last of the "get the hell off my lawn" angry old duffs vying for Crustiest Fart of the Decade.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Working harder, or caring more goes hand in hand with him shooting better. He might always be a below average perimeter shooter, but he's at his best when he slashes and drives. If he cared more to do that, his shooting percentages would likely go up...he just settles for midrange too much, because its a lazy shot, and he is a lazy player.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I like from what I saw and heard from Rosas but will wait till he hires coach and Gm.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:12 pm I like from what I saw and heard from Rosas but will wait till he hires coach and Gm.
Well the coach is most likely going to be Ryan Saunders. And what are the chances that any of us even know the person who he hires as his GM if Layden is let go or reassigned? It's going to probably be an underling from Houston or another organization, not a splashy hire.
witljon

Post by witljon »

LordNu wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:34 pm

Don't they go hand in hand? He settles for poor long range 2pt shots a lot of the time.
Yes, they can go hand in hand, but he wouldn't get as much criticism if he just hit those long range 2s at a better clip.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

witljon wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:46 am

Yes, they can go hand in hand, but he wouldn't get as much criticism if he just hit those long range 2s at a better clip.
You're pretty out of touch with this board.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Lightning wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:07 am
witljon wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:46 am

You're pretty out of touch with this board.
It actually goes

CONGRATULATIONS! You're pretty out of touch with this board.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

(I don't expect this to happen but)...
If somehow the guy became a 40% three point shooter and made 3 game, I think his inconsistent effort/low motor issues might quiet a bit.

I was listening to the Dan Patrick show and they were talking about overpaid players. Said guys need to the stats (points+rebounds+assists+blocks+steals) per game match what they make in millions. Interesting way to evaluate max players.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.