Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Rosas is new PBO...Country Club is DEAD!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Rosas is new PBO...Country Club is DEAD!

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:09 pm If Ryan Saunders is the coach, this hire is just window dressing for the Country Club. Ryan is a good story and may be a good coach in the future. Unfortunately they need a coach who is good right now.
My #1 choice for a long time has been Monty Williams. Problem is he's the frontrunner for the Suns and the Lakers are between him and Lue.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Catalyst wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:46 am Only thing I find curious is people generally seem upbeat about this hire while simultaneously hurling Rockets hatred in the playoff thread.

If Rockets are mostly hated, how can we be glad to get their right hand guy? I hear,"forward thinking" and "analytics" thrown around him, does that reassure people he isn't looking to make Rockets 2.0? Just looking for a little clarity in a, to my mind, muddle of a situation.
I want to be excited for our new way and lots of better minds than me are whooping it up over him, but after the Thibs colossal failure, I am cautious to trust that this time will be different.
I guess I have been a fan too long to believe blindly any more.
Kind of an interesting point. I'm curious to know what his strategy will be. Remember Kahn laid out like a 3 year "plan"? ...which turned out to be an intentional and also unintentional tank fest. So is Rosas going to try to tear down the roster and rebuild around Towns? Morey is famous for making tons of moves so I wonder if that'll be the case here too. Or did Glen give another order to "make the playoffs, I don't even care if it's an 8th seed" goal.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Catalyst wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:46 am Only thing I find curious is people generally seem upbeat about this hire while simultaneously hurling Rockets hatred in the playoff thread.

If Rockets are mostly hated, how can we be glad to get their right hand guy? I hear,"forward thinking" and "analytics" thrown around him, does that reassure people he isn't looking to make Rockets 2.0? Just looking for a little clarity in a, to my mind, muddle of a situation.
I want to be excited for our new way and lots of better minds than me are whooping it up over him, but after the Thibs colossal failure, I am cautious to trust that this time will be different.
I guess I have been a fan too long to believe blindly any more.
I would assume some of the issues with Houston is related to Harden and CP3.

I rooted for LeBron and the Cavs every year in the finals against the Warriors... with that said, I like Curry, Durant and Klay. Dislike Green. I thought it was a great move for the Rockets when they went out and got Harden in the trade with OKC and signed Jeremy Lin. Thought they'd be exciting to watch. I never cared for the Clippers with CP3, I don't think I'll ever root for the Rockets with him either.

Style of play... dunks and threes, doesn't bother me. I love guys who make you pay for leaving them open at the three line.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Got it. So players hatred not Team hatred. Seeing I doubt he will be prying players from Houston we should be good.🥰
My heart is family.
Style

Post by Style »

Catalyst wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:17 pm Got it. So players hatred not Team hatred. Seeing I doubt he will be prying players from Houston we should be good.🥰
That's kinda where I'm at with it. It's not really even a player hater thing either. I've said I actually enjoy Harden's game - it's just his constant complaining along with CP3 that makes that team unbearable for me. If they just shut up and played, they'd probably be one of my favorite teams. Sending in some complaint about last year's G7 was just icing on the cake. Crybabies.

I like the way Harden and CP3 play the game. I like the way Houston adds players/keeps competitive, I don't like the way they moan and groan about every single thing.

I hope Rosas brings everything from Houston except their attitudes towards the refs.

I've said it about the Thibs era Wolves too. I think players can get too caught up in the refs and lose focus (I'm looking at you KAT), so I hope there's a strong emphasis within the organization this offseason to just play ball.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Catalyst wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:17 pm Got it. So players hatred not Team hatred. Seeing I doubt he will be prying players from Houston we should be good.🥰
Always hated Moray and their organization 100% out of jealousy. Owner who will spend and a leader with imagination and a commitment to his plan. Why do they get that? They should get a foot of snow every week with that.

Hate Harden because he's a straight cheater backed by the NBA and Paul because he's a straight up fucking whiner.

And I don't want any players because he has a past relationship with them. I want players who fit the coaches plan for winning. That is all.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

What's ironic is hearing people bitch about the Rockets "Whining" and then come back with "Harden cheats" Is what he does wrong? I don't know, the NBA is played like one big pile of dung anymore so I really don't care. It's just tough to blame Harden when the league let's him get by with what he does. Why would he stop?

This is a instance where you should not hate tha playa but hate tha game.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Monty was the only coach I was interested in over Saunders. Glad he took the Phoenix job over the Lakers.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
T_J

Post by T_J »

I don't know why Monty would want either of those jobs.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:18 am What's ironic is hearing people bitch about the Rockets "Whining" and then come back with "Harden cheats" Is what he does wrong? I don't know, the NBA is played like one big pile of dung anymore so I really don't care. It's just tough to blame Harden when the league let's him get by with what he does. Why would he stop?

This is a instance where you should not hate tha playa but hate tha game.
I hate both when he;s playing.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:44 am
Monty was the only coach I was interested in over Saunders. Glad he took the Phoenix job over the Lakers.
Agreed x2
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:19 am
kilkenny wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:13 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:55 am

Search firm.
Is that legitimate to most here?
I don't know how the whole process goes for sure -- do they bring multiple candidates to ownership? How did Thibs and JVG land as the frontrunners when it was long expected (before the search firm) it was either one of those two. Jon K did say he thought Booth had a head's up on everyone going into the interviews and Rossas blew them away and then his meeting with Taylor Tuesday night sealed the deal. Sounds like Ethan Casson led the way then John Thomas and Cheryl Reeve were all involved in the interviews at least?
Yeah that's my point. They were never going to hire anyone but those two whereas this time they legitimately looked at all of the top candidates. From knowns to unknowns
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Curious to see how Monty does. He was pretty average as a head coach.

Should have a nice long 12 month stay with that franchise
JoeBagO'Donuts

Post by JoeBagO'Donuts »

I actually think Saunders is the right hire for Rosas, analytically drive and open to collabaration with the front office. To me this shares a lot of similarities with the Baldelli hire.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Nice I like that he comes from the school of Morey of ripping rosters apart.

First order of business has to be to put Wiggins in a circus canon and aim for the moon.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:15 am Nice I like that he comes from the school of Morey of ripping rosters apart.

First order of business has to be to put Wiggins in a circus canon and aim for the moon.
Doubt anyone is going anywhere right now. This guy is going to take a bit to see what the pieces look like together, because it hasn’t really happened yet.

After that all bets are off.

If anything all the old Chicago players will be gone before the start of the season. None of them make sense here anymore.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:15 am Nice I like that he comes from the school of Morey of ripping rosters apart.

I kinda doubt we will be that active this season. Need some time to evaluate everything plus we don't have a lot of cap room. People need to remember that this is more of a long term hire rather than a quick fix (like Thibs)
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
witljon

Post by witljon »

JoeBagO'Donuts wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:04 am I actually think Saunders is the right hire for Rosas, analytically drive and open to collabaration with the front office. To me this shares a lot of similarities with the Baldelli hire.
That might be how Rosas got hired. Maybe Glen picked the guy who would keep Saunders as headcoach.

.......and the country club is not dead!
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:54 am

Doubt anyone is going anywhere right now. This guy is going to take a bit to see what the pieces look like together, because it hasn’t really happened yet.

If anything all the old Chicago players will be gone before the start of the season. None of them make sense here anymore.
Nah, as soon as Kawhi bolts to Clippers, Wiggins will be on the next flight to TDot
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Nah, as soon as Kawhi bolts to Clippers, Wiggins will be on the next flight to TDot
I like that prediction.

Keep your fingers crossed.
witljon

Post by witljon »

The Replacements wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:09 pm If Ryan Saunders is the coach, this hire is just window dressing for the Country Club. Ryan is a good story and may be a good coach in the future. Unfortunately they need a coach who is good right now.
Keeping Saunders as head coach might have been a prerequision for the PBO job.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

witljon wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:56 am
Keeping Saunders as head coach might have been a prerequision for the PBO job.
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:59 am

I like that prediction.

Everyone's prediction going on 1.5 years was if the Wiggins extension doesn't work out, some team in the east will take a flyer. Now what you get/have to attach to sending him out is the debate. Wiggins is movable but at what cost? The 2019 first rounder? No thanks. A future protected first where they give it up if they make the playoffs like the Payne pick (ugh), that seems more reasonable but you don't offer that right away.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 am

I like that prediction.

Everyone's prediction going on 1.5 years was if the Wiggins extension doesn't work out, some team in the east will take a flyer. Now what you get/have to attach to sending him out is the debate. Wiggins is movable but at what cost? The 2019 first rounder? No thanks. A future protected first where they give it up if they make the playoffs like the Payne pick (ugh), that seems more reasonable but you don't offer that right away.
Don't be ridiculous. You would not have to attach to Wigs. You would get a return. I will again repeat what basketball people throughout the league realize that rubes never seem to.

The Wolves are the worst organization in the NBA tied with the Knicks

Wigs has had 4 coaches in 5 years here. If you go back he had 3 coaches in 2 years of high school and college.

The 2 years prior to Butler and Teague where he had the ball more he averaged 20.7 and 23.6.

He came on at the end of the year and that's the last impression.

Teams with big money this FA will strike out. Those GM's will be desperate for a splash. And you always have the possibility that Kawhi leaves.

Other teams look at that and think we have ruined him. They will think they can get way more and they can get more than we got the last 2 years. So can we next year. And while they may want to steal him we won't let that happen.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Last edited by flexbuffchest on Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:43 am
HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 am

I like that prediction.

Don't be ridiculous. You would not have to attach to Wigs. You would get a return. I will again repeat what basketball people throughout the league realize that rubes never seem to.

Teams with big money this FA will strike out. Those GM's will be desperate for a splash. And you always have the possibility that Kawhi leaves.

Other teams look at that and think we have ruined him. They will think they can get way more and they can get more than we got the last 2 years. So can we next year. And while they may want to steal him we won't let that happen.
My stance a year ago was you wouldn't have to attach assets. All depends on the return, maybe to get a better return you throw in a pick. Lots of teams looking at cap space will strike out, yes, and I do believe MN trading him without taking anything back would be a huge win in terms of positioning itself for a big summer 2020 free agency when Teague comes off the books and you can potentially move Dieng or stretch his contract too for the final year.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

memyworld wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 am
Lulz. Just string together a few winning seasons around here first.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master