Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Rosas is new PBO...Country Club is DEAD!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Moses Scurry

Re: Rosas is new PBO...Country Club is DEAD!

Post by Moses Scurry »

Boston needs to unload Hayward and 2 years 60 million-ish i think. We take on Hayward, need third team involved to move Wiggins. I know, never happen and he said he's gonna help Andrew reach his potential...lolz.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:42 am Boston needs to unload Hayward and 2 years 60 million-ish i think. We take on Hayward, need third team involved to move Wiggins. I know, never happen and he said he's gonna help Andrew reach his potential...lolz.
Be interesting to see where Boston goes. Hayward has been a complete bust and they will probably look to move on. Also Kyrie is gone from there also. I think that will be a mutual split.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:50 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:42 am Boston needs to unload Hayward and 2 years 60 million-ish i think. We take on Hayward, need third team involved to move Wiggins. I know, never happen and he said he's gonna help Andrew reach his potential...lolz.
Be interesting to see where Boston goes. Hayward has been a complete bust and they will probably look to move on. Also Kyrie is gone from there also. I think that will be a mutual split.
Yep, Danny thought he was smarter than everyone and if he doesn't finally cash in his chips and get Davis or someone, might have been a waste and held his assets too long.

Dieng and Teague go someplace, Hayward comes to MN, Wiggins to NO for Jrue, Davis to Boston. :thumbsup:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:31 am
Yep, Danny thought he was smarter than everyone and if he doesn't finally cash in his chips and get Davis or someone, might have been a waste and held his assets too long.

Dieng and Teague go someplace, Hayward comes to MN, Wiggins to NO for Jrue, Davis to Boston. :thumbsup:
I would be fine with Hayward here. We are stuck with Wiggins imo unless Toronto wants him when that inevitably all comes apart this off season. I would be fine with a Wiggins and Lowry swap like you said.

Lowry
Roco
Hayward
Towns

Now you actually have something there.

Boston fucked it all up imo. I don't even think adding Davis with what they have puts them over. Guess it depends what the other East teams do as well.

There will be at least 2 new super teams formed this off season imo.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Well, I'm assuming we'll get the #1 pick and Rosas will take Zion so.....

Jrue/Tyus
Okogie/Williams
Bob/Hayward
Zion/Diop
Towns/Saric

Loaded.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:22 am Well, I'm assuming we'll get the #1 pick and Rosas will take Zion so.....

Jrue/Tyus
Okogie/Williams
Bob/Hayward
Zion/Diop
Towns/Saric

Loaded.
Yep. I'm just gonna nap until then.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Makes me wonder if they offer Butler something.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Lightning wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:07 am
witljon wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:46 am
LordNu wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:34 pm

Don't they go hand in hand? He settles for poor long range 2pt shots a lot of the time.
Yes, they can go hand in hand, but he wouldn't get as much criticism if he just hit those long range 2s at a better clip.
You're pretty out of touch with this board.
:thumbsup:
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Article that might be worth sharing if you have a subscription:

“I said F yes. It was frustrating to me that in some of these other situations the decision-makers didn’t seem to understand what Gersson could bring to the table.” - Daryl Morey

‘Dream come alive’: Inside the journey that led Gersson Rosas to the Wolves

Jon Krawczynski | May 7, 2019

Susana Rosas has believed her husband Gersson was on the doorstep of running his own NBA front office several times before, only to see the dream he laid out for her in a driver’s education class when they were both 15 years old slip away at the last moment.

But something felt different this time around after they made the 90-minute drive from Minneapolis for a sit-down with Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor and his wife, Becky, at their home in Mankato last week. This time, Gersson Rosas wasn’t on the doorstep like he was recently in Charlotte and New Orleans. This time he was in the kitchen.

After emerging from an in-depth process as the front-runner for the Timberwolves president of basketball operations job, Gersson and Susana had one more hurdle to clear. The Taylors invited them to Mankato last Wednesday for the kind of down-home, get-to-know-you session the owners prefer over the buttoned-up negotiations in some stuffy downtown Minneapolis board...
T_J

Post by T_J »

I'm surprised after having to go to that shit hole Mankato that Rosas didn't immediately flee back to Houston.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

memyworld wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 am Article that might be worth sharing if you have a subscription:

“I said F yes. It was frustrating to me that in some of these other situations the decision-makers didn’t seem to understand what Gersson could bring to the table.” - Daryl Morey

‘Dream come alive’: Inside the journey that led Gersson Rosas to the Wolves

Jon Krawczynski | May 7, 2019

Susana Rosas has believed her husband Gersson was on the doorstep of running his own NBA front office several times before, only to see the dream he laid out for her in a driver’s education class when they were both 15 years old slip away at the last moment.

But something felt different this time around after they made the 90-minute drive from Minneapolis for a sit-down with Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor and his wife, Becky, at their home in Mankato last week. This time, Gersson Rosas wasn’t on the doorstep like he was recently in Charlotte and New Orleans. This time he was in the kitchen.

After emerging from an in-depth process as the front-runner for the Timberwolves president of basketball operations job, Gersson and Susana had one more hurdle to clear. The Taylors invited them to Mankato last Wednesday for the kind of down-home, get-to-know-you session the owners prefer over the buttoned-up negotiations in some stuffy downtown Minneapolis board...
I started to make a list of some individual tidbits but realized it was getting too long so here is the article for those who don't have a subscription. Long.

After emerging from an in-depth process as the front-runner for the Timberwolves president of basketball operations job, Gersson and Susana had one more hurdle to clear. The Taylors invited them to Mankato last Wednesday for the kind of down-home, get-to-know-you session the owners prefer over the buttoned-up negotiations in some stuffy downtown Minneapolis board room.

Becky made lunch. She is known in Wolves land for her killer lasagna but went with hamburgers for this meeting as the two couples got acquainted and laid the groundwork for a partnership they both hope will take the Timberwolves to heights they have never before seen.

“It literally felt like a Sunday supper we were having,” Susana said. “We played together, we laughed together, we cried together and we had really great conversations. We really enjoyed it and literally felt at peace. We felt like this is where we were supposed to be.”

Before the official offer came, there was so much hope swirling inside of her. But she couldn’t help but think back to the disappointments they have endured in recent years. They felt like they were close in Charlotte last year and New Orleans this summer. And then there was the time Gersson was hired as GM in Dallas, only to return to Houston three months later after a miscommunication over autonomy.

“Absolutely. Experiences from the past,” Susana said, her voice trailing off. “But here has been top-notch. There was not a detail left unnoticed and just so comfortable. Just the way the Taylors are, they’re just so down to earth. I literally felt like I was in a living room with my family.”

After lunch, Glen and Gersson left for a private negotiating session while Becky and Susana talked in the kitchen. When they returned, Gersson was able to look his wife in the eye and deliver the good news. Right then and there, Susana broke down over the culmination of a decades-long path to the top.

“She got really emotional and said ‘I’m so sorry. I’m so excited for this opportunity,'” Becky said.

“To see that dream come alive through these last 20-25 years, it’s very emotional,” Gersson Rosas said. “The ups and the downs, winning and losing, challenges and changes, she’s lived it with me. It’s great to have a companion that understands what you’re going through so that when you reach a point like this, you can enjoy it.”

First and foremost, the Taylors’ search for a new president of basketball operations was about finding the kind of forward-thinking leader who could build a team around Karl-Anthony Towns that can sustain a level of success that has proven elusive for the entirety of this franchise’s scatter-shot history. Glen Taylor empowered CEO Ethan Casson to go find him the kind of executive who could bring the modern NBA to his franchise, who excelled at player development and could build a foundation to not just get the Timberwolves to the playoffs but to make them a factor for years to come.

Rosas emerged as the favorite over ESPN analyst Chauncey Billups, Nuggets assistant GM Calvin Booth and Nets assistant GM Trajan Langdon thanks as much to his articulation of a vision for style of play, development of talent, plans to incorporate the G-League and direction he wants to take the on-court product as to his personable demeanor and willingness to engage other aspects of the franchise that have been left out in the cold.

But for the Taylors, there has also always been a desire to have a personal connection with those under their employ at Target Center. In their home that afternoon, the beginning stages of a bond started to form that cemented Rosas’s candidacy in their eyes.

“I think you love to see that real emotion in somebody who really wants the job and isn’t just driven by money,” Glen Taylor said. “It’s an opportunity they see for their lives that they can better their lives. And for him to get into first place after being in positions of almost there has to affect him.”

“It couldn’t have been more impactful,” Gersson Rosas said of that afternoon. “The connection, the commitment of values, of perspectives of things. Unless you know, you don’t know.”

Glen Taylor has been criticized in the past for his desire to have personal connections to his GMs and coaches, but he makes no apologies for it. The only real success he has had during his period of ownership has been with Kevin McHale and Flip Saunders, two people he considered at the time to be family.

“I think we put that very high on our list,” Glen Taylor said. “We do this thing once in a lifetime and it should be fun. It’s just so much more fun to have people around you that you trust and you respect. I just think that should be an important part of your life.”

He didn’t have that connection with David Kahn, and it was a disaster. During his interview process in 2016, Tom Thibodeau assured Glen Taylor that he was interested in such a relationship. But it never materialized.

“He said he hadn’t had it before, but he was going to work at it,” Glen Taylor said. “And I thought that was pretty good. If he wants to work on it, this will be the best place to work on it because we’re going to meet him more than halfway. But he just couldn’t do it. He said he wanted to, but he just couldn’t do it. So it is important to me and to Becky.”

Having a great relationship certainly doesn’t guarantee success. Had the team won more under Thibodeau, there is no doubt he would still be here, regardless of his grumpy demeanor. And for all the affection Taylor had for Saunders and McHale, the team only had one really good season, the Western Conference finals run in 2004, to show for it. If Rosas struggles to surround Towns with the talent to win, he will eventually be shown the door just like Thibodeau was.

But the presence of alignment and connection, from ownership to basketball and basketball to the other tentacles of the Wolves franchise, gives Rosas a longer runway.

Gersson Rosas was born in Bogota, Colombia, and came to the United States with his parents at the age of 3. The family settled in Houston, where he eventually was drawn to the NBA as Hakeem Olajuwon and the Rockets made perennial trips to the playoffs in the 1980s and broke through with two straight titles in 1994 and ’95.

Rosas became fixated on joining the front office side of the NBA, making no bones about it with Susana, his high school sweetheart.

“When I asked him what do you want to be when I grow up, he said I want to be the general manager of an NBA team,” Susana said. “I thought he was just trying to impress me. Little did I know that’s really what he wanted. He’s worked so hard for it.”

He started as an intern with the Rockets before then-executive Dennis Lindsey, who now runs the Utah Jazz front office, encouraged him to venture out to get a greater understanding of the game. Rosas was an assistant coach on a championship high school team in the Houston area, a graduate assistant for the University of Houston men’s team and a staffer on the Venezuelan Basketball Federation during the 2002 World Championships.

He returned to the Rockets as a video coordinator with a better grasp on the game and all that it entails and started climbing his way up. He held positions including director of scouting, GM for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the G-League and vice president of player personnel while working for differing philosophies that started with longtime Rockets GM Carroll Dawson through Lindsey and eventually to Daryl Morey, who took over in 2007.

“The Timberwolves won’t be getting a guy that is caught by surprise on anything that has to do operationally with running an NBA club,” Lindsey said.

Though they have yet to break through and win a title in their current renaissance led by Morey, James Harden and Mike D’Antoni, the Rockets have the second-most wins in the NBA since Morey took over in 2007. Known for pushing the envelope with systems, strategies and player evaluation, Morey said Rosas was the team’s “biggest voice in the scouting side” when it came to the draft and grabbing players like Clint Capela, Chandler Parsons and Aaron Brooks.

“It’s been surprising somebody didn’t snap him up earlier,” Morey said. “It was good for us that we had him as long as we did. I think unfortunately he’s in the West here going forward.”

As the Rockets ascended in the West and Morey gained acclaim for his analytical approach to the job, Rosas rose right with him. He was the team’s executive vice president of basketball operations for the last seven years and routinely heard his name come up in connection with front-office openings across the NBA.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tapped him to try to bring some of the Rockets’ secret sauce to Dallas in 2013. But the connection wasn’t there with an established core in the Mavs front office, and Rosas returned to Houston three months later. His name came up in searches in Philadelphia, Brooklyn and elsewhere. But nothing ever quite stuck.

“He always handled it in a very positive way, probably way better than I would’ve,” Morey said. “I always tried to keep his head up and, when things didn’t happen, tell him that it might be because something better was coming.”

Morey would remind Rosas of the team’s situation before it acquired Harden in a trade with Oklahoma City in 2012. The Rockets had been in desperate search of a star after losing Yao Ming to retirement and trading Tracy McGrady and missed on several potential deals before they finally swung one for Harden, who blossomed into an unstoppable force and MVP.

“Sometimes when you miss out, it’s not a bad thing,” Morey said. “It just means something better is coming around the corner.”

Lindsey has been a mentor to Rosas for years and always sought feedback from the teams who interviewed him for positions and ultimately went another direction.

“I know the last few years that he’s interviewed as compared to the first few interviews that he’s had, he felt, and the people who interviewed him felt, like he was much more ready for the job,” Lindsey said.

Rosas insists he never lost faith that one day his opportunity would come.

“It lit a fire and motivation in me to do better,” he said. “Everything you hear me talk about, it’s coming from my heart. I feel passionate about it. I was put on this earth to do this. When you have that connection, you can’t get down. These processes, these conversations, you learn, you grow, but you get better.”

This summer alone, Rosas interviewed with the Timberwolves, Pelicans and Wizards. As he walked through the back halls of Target Center on Monday morning following his press conference, his head was still spinning from a whirlwind week. He first interviewed for the Wolves job on April 26, joined the Rockets in the Bay Area for their playoff series against the Warriors the next day, then had to fly all the way back across the country to interview in Washington on April 30.

After that interview concluded, Casson pushed Rosas to fly back to the Twin Cities to meet personally with the Taylors as the first true finalist for the position. The Timberwolves also invited Susana to fly up from Houston to accompany her husband in the meeting, a first for the couple through all of the interview processes Gersson had participated in.

When the couple arrived in the Twin Cities last Tuesday night, Casson had renowned chef David Fhima personally cater a meal for them. The Wolves also had shirts made for their twin children and a bevy of little personal touches to get things started on the right foot.

“This was the first process that was so personal, so intimate, that my wife could walk through it with me and understand everything that was going on and that we were able to make decisions together and talk through things together,” Gersson Rosas said. “That happens, but it usually happens from 2,000 miles away. This is something where we were together, we were living through it. And it’s important because this is a family decision. I want to be here the rest of my career.”

In Mankato, the Rosases and Taylors talked for two and a half hours. Gersson outlined it all for them as Casson and Fox Sports North analyst Jim Petersen listened as well: the potential he sees in the team, his short and long-term visions for the franchise, his thoughts on players, staff and what they have to do to put years of struggle behind them.

As the meeting pressed on, the Taylors started to get the feeling they were looking for. Gersson was giving all of the right answers to their basketball questions, and the dynamic that was apparent with Susana only strengthened their feelings.

“What was so unique with just listening to her, they truly are a team,” Becky Taylor said. “It just was really nice to see the team that the two of them are.”

Glen and Gersson then retreated to another room to talk numbers. Taylor has always preferred a handshake over a conference call with an agent, but he did play a little hardball first. He told Rosas that those were his terms and if they were unfavorable, Taylor was prepared to meet with another one of the finalists to continue the process.

“But,” Taylor said, “I said, ‘If this was agreeable to you, then I’m all done. I don’t have to meet with anybody else for the job. We’re all done.’”

The two shook hands and went back into the kitchen.

“Mr. Taylor came back out and said, ‘We’re going to be seeing a lot more of y’all,'” Susana said, her voice cracking as she retold the tale. “Well, he didn’t say ‘y’all.’ But a lot more of you.

“To me, it was very emotional because I know that he deserves it. And to be with such an incredible family, it’s such a blessing to be with them. The executive team, everyone that we met, as soon as he said that I got very emotional because it was a day that we always waited for. But I got to experience it there, we must’ve all hugged each other 10 times. We knew. It was confirmation for us that this is where we should be.”

In some ways, that an agreement happened so quickly was a bit alarming after a 25-year trek to this position. But it sure beat the all-too-familiar alternative.

“He was not letting me leave there until we got something done,” Gersson Rosas said. “Once we got something done, to be able to walk into the kitchen where Susana and Becky were and to let them know we were moving forward was something very special and very intimate. And it usually doesn’t happen like that.”

The emotion of the afternoon resonated with Casson, who thought back to when he was in a similar position with Taylor three years ago getting an offer to leave the San Francisco 49ers to return to the organization he got his start and his wife’s home state.

“It’s emotional and it’s real. You just think about everything that happened to get you to that point and then it’s potentially coming to fruition,” Casson said. “It’s pretty powerful stuff.”

After growing accustomed to providing consolation for his right-hand man over the last couple of years, Morey couldn’t help himself when he was told that this time, Rosas wouldn’t be coming back.

“I think I said an expletive,” Morey said. “I said, ‘Eff yes.’ It was definitely his time. It was frustrating to me that in some of these other situations, the decision-makers doing the hiring didn’t seem to totally understand what Gersson could bring to the table.”

Morey wasn’t the only one who wasn’t sure how to react. Susana called Becky Lindsey, Dennis’s wife, the next morning still in a bit of shock.

“She’s telling Becky, ‘I don’t know what to do. Help me here,'” Dennis Lindsey said, chuckling.

Less than a week later, the whole family was sitting in the Target Center lobby, basking in the glow of the new adventure that is about to begin. They have never lived anywhere other than Houston. There will an adjustment to the climate, a scramble to get up and running in a new organization and start the very hard work of getting the Timberwolves back into the playoff hunt.

Gersson Rosas has many decisions staring him right in the face, including the futures of GM Scott Layden, interim coach Ryan Saunders and what to do with the big contracts carried by Andrew Wiggins, Jeff Teague and Gorgui Dieng.

But one thing has already been determined. The Timberwolves long had a tradition of gathering at the Taylor home for Becky’s homemade lasagna during training camp as a way to kick off the new season. For reasons not fully understood, Thibodeau discontinued that evening.

“We’re definitely looking forward to the lasagna because those were some good hamburgers,” Susana Rosas said.

When told of the comment, Becky Taylor let out a hearty laugh.

“I’m sure she’ll come down for the lasagna dinner when we start that again for the Timberwolves,” she said.

The Timberwolves are already starting to hear some of the cynics raise their voices. This isn’t Showfriends, it’s Showbusiness. Winning is what sells tickets. Winning is what matters most. And prioritizing relationships in this way will just make the Wolves a cute, cuddly doormat.

The Taylors, and the Rosases, don’t seem to think winning and chemistry have to be mutually exclusive.

“The ultimate is that you want to put together somebody that can help you win the championship,” Glen Taylor said. “But it isn’t one way or the other. You want both. You want the championship. But you want to do that with people you enjoy.”
Definitely some interesting information here. I especially like how it is heavily implied that Rosas meticulously laid out his plan for both the short and long term. He could be a complete flop but having a plan in place that is well (hopefully) thought out is a GREAT thing to have.

Seems like after Rosas' initial interview that he was the guy that Casson wanted. Nice to see that Casson didn't waste anytime and got Rosas back here before he could have anymore interviews or have time to think about the Washington job.

There does seem to be a possibility that Rosas could become part of the Country Club™ but we wont know for certain for years if that ever becomes a problem. On the plus side he seems to be very approachable, willing and wanting to get every facet of this franchise working together (basically the opposite of Thibs).

As I said above, none of this initial feedback from the hiring will determine if he is successful or not but so far we seem to have hit a home run with this hire. Hopefully it works out.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Was Jon K there too? Pretty incredible detail.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Is that worth reading? I skimmed a couple things about "making hamburgers instead of lasagna" and "seein alot more of yall."

Insert the Charlie Kelly "OH MY GOD I DON'T CARE."

Looks like a MN fluff piece people just love to eat up around here. I can't understand why we haven't won a title in nearly 30 years.

And as long as I'm going off here for some reason, I'm bored to death of Jon K.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

T_J wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:41 pm Is that worth reading? I skimmed a couple things about "making hamburgers instead of lasagna" and "seein alot more of yall."

Looks like a MN fluff piece people just love to eat up around here. I can't understand why we haven't won a title in nearly 30 years.

Hey man, what else are we going to talk about right now? ;)
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:43 pm
T_J wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:41 pm Is that worth reading? I skimmed a couple things about "making hamburgers instead of lasagna" and "seein alot more of yall."

Hey man, what else are we going to talk about right now? ;)
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Thanks for posting The Athletic piece, flexbuffchest.

---
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

memyworld wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:00 pm Thanks for posting The Athletic piece, flexbuffchest.

---
Awwww.......man. No Crypt Keeper?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Latino Heat is gonna get us moved up to the 2nd pick. Book it.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

irishman89 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:20 pm Latino Heat is gonna get us moved up to the 2nd pick. Book it.
That would be amazing. I won't hold my breath.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

irishman89 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:20 pm Latino Heat is gonna get us moved up to the 2nd pick. Book it.
Think positive froobs!
witljon

Post by witljon »

Thats how Rosas will get good at his job.........good players.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

memyworld wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:00 pm Thanks for posting The Athletic piece, flexbuffchest.

---
He wins this, his jersey will get retired.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

That’s a fantastic gimmick for Rosas. Well done.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Eddie Guerrero RIP.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Those around the basketball community have had plenty of positive things to say about the Timberwolves’ hire of Gersson Rosas for the President of Basketball Operations role.

The latest is Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Rosas is an International Player Personnel Scout for the USA Men’s Basketball Team and worked alongside Coach K in 2016 when the two won a Gold Medal in Rio in 2016.

“The Minnesota Timberwolves have made a fantastic hire in Gersson Rosas as their President of Basketball Operations,” Krzyzewski said. “Gerrson was a valuable member of our Team USA staff, serving in multiple scouting roles, including our International Player Personnel Scout for the Gold Medal team in Rio in 2016. He has more than a decade of NBA front office experience, most recently in helping build the Houston Rockets into an NBA title contender. I’m thrilled for him and know he will do great things for the Timberwolves organization.”
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:15 am
jimmyjamjammer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Or Monty also.

I don't care is Saunders is brought back as a assistant. If he is, fine. I'm sure not worried about it though if I'm making a decision on the next HC.
Only reason they gave Rosas the lone final interview is because he agreed to keeping Saunders. This is my speculation, but confident in it.
Seems like Jonny K refutes that but..
Curious why we haven't heard anything about a coaching search yet
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:45 am
jimmyjamjammer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 am

Only reason they gave Rosas the lone final interview is because he agreed to keeping Saunders. This is my speculation, but confident in it.
I'd be shocked if there is a search. I think Saunders remains in the position and Layden is reassigned to a scout.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:48 am
jimmyjamjammer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:45 am
I'd be shocked if there is a search. I think Saunders remains in the position and Layden is reassigned to a scout.
Who's really out there anyway unless he's got some up and comer assistant in mind. Anybody left would have to get fired after these playoffs or a full retread.
j2j

Post by j2j »

There are the Spurs assistants, but at this point I want stability. Players seem willing to play for Saunders and he's shown some modernization on both ends. Let's do it. Move up in the lottery, take Ja, dominate.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Hope so!

I think it’s pretty cool that we have the highest ranking Latino of any NBA FO.

Keep in mind, KAT is Latino too.