Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official POBO Search Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

*** Official POBO Search Thread ***

Post by flexbuffchest »

Might as well start one up. :thumbsup:
Darren Wolfson

Verified account

@DWolfsonKSTP
Following Following @DWolfsonKSTP
More
Booth wants the job. Billups is interested. Others interested too, including some agents.
Get Billups@!
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
irishman89

Re: *** Official POBO Search Thread ***

Post by irishman89 »

I wonder if it's true that Billups is only interested if he can hire his own coach and his name is not Ryan Saunders. Listening to Chauncey announce last night, I kept thinking he might be a nice person to fill that role if he has the ability to do the job. He's got a nice patient calm demeanor. He was a former great point guard. He understands the modern game. Booth might be more qualified however at this time, but who even knows.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

irishman89 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:48 am I wonder if it's true that Billups is only interested if he can hire his own coach and his name is not Ryan Saunders. Listening to Chauncey announce last night, I kept thinking he might be a nice person to fill that role if he has the ability to do the job. He's got a nice patient calm demeanor. He was a former great point guard. He understands the modern game. Booth might be more qualified however at this time, but who even knows.
Are we sure he doesn’t want Saunders?

He seemed to like Flip. They worked together in Detroit too, didn’t they?
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
j2j

Post by j2j »

I got some free time.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

I'm sure of all the candidates, Glen will hire the wrong one.

Did I say "wrong"?

I also meant cheapest.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:03 am
irishman89 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:48 am I wonder if it's true that Billups is only interested if he can hire his own coach and his name is not Ryan Saunders. Listening to Chauncey announce last night, I kept thinking he might be a nice person to fill that role if he has the ability to do the job. He's got a nice patient calm demeanor. He was a former great point guard. He understands the modern game. Booth might be more qualified however at this time, but who even knows.

I can't find where I saw it yesterday, but rumor was Chauncey wanted to hire his own coach. I think Billups has too much common sense for this franchise. Is it sad that I almost wish nobody ever got hired by this franchise just because I want to protect them? Haha
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

irishman89 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:00 pm

I can't find where I saw it yesterday, but rumor was Chauncey wanted to hire his own coach. I think Billups has too much common sense for this franchise. Is it sad that I almost wish nobody ever got hired by this franchise just because I want to protect them? Haha
That was what I remember but that came out a while ago or maybe it was just that Chauncey didn't have interest...but we need to get him if he is!

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:32 am Might as well start one up. :thumbsup:
Darren Wolfson

Verified account

@DWolfsonKSTP
More
Booth wants the job. Billups is interested. Others interested too, including some agents.
Get Billups@!
I wanted to start a thread but I don’t know how to embed tweets and news, so better you did lol. Booth would be 34th on my list. Billups is interesting because you could maybe see players wanting to play for him. That ex player trust factor. But he has little experience to be fair.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Doogie on his Scoop pod has consistently said that Ty Lue would e Chauncey’s guy if he was heading personnel. But take that for what it’s worth.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Doogie on his Scoop pod has consistently said that Ty Lue would e Chauncey’s guy if he was heading personnel. But take that for what it’s worth.
If he's demanding Ty Lue, I wouldn’t hire him.
j2j

Post by j2j »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:07 pm

That's disgusting. :swear:

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

I don’t like it either. Don’t want Ty Lue.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Yeah. Lou does nothing for me. I’d rather keep Saunders.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:05 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:32 am Might as well start one up. :thumbsup:
Darren Wolfson

Verified account

@DWolfsonKSTP
More
Get Billups@!
I wanted to start a thread but I don’t know how to embed tweets and news, so better you did lol. Booth would be 34th on my list. Billups is interesting because you could maybe see players wanting to play for him. That ex player trust factor. But he has little experience to be fair.
To embed a tweet you just post the link. No need to surround it by any tags, the forum will take care of all that.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

I wasn't aware if the Lue thing with Billups. If true than I don't want him.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

j2j

Post by j2j »

Ty Lue would be the worst possible option available.

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:31 pm I wasn't aware if the Lue thing with Billups. If true than I don't want him.
To be completely fair, that’s what Doogie has said repeatedly on his podcast. Lue and Billups are extremely close, Lue is Godfather to Billups son. But that’s just Doogie. I haven’t seen Jon K talk about it, or anyone nationally.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

j2j wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:32 pm Ty Lue would be the worst possible option available.
Kurt Rabbits "hold my beer"

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

j2j

Post by j2j »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:49 pm
j2j wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:32 pm Ty Lue would be the worst possible option available.
Kurt Rabbits "hold my beer"
He's not an option for anyone.

JoeBagO'Donuts

Post by JoeBagO'Donuts »

Lue goes to LA. If Billups is hired he keeps Ryan as they are close.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I am waiting for the announcement that all has been forgiven, and Kevin McHale has been brought back.
witljon

Post by witljon »

LordNu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:56 pm I am waiting for the announcement that all has been forgiven, and Kevin McHale has been brought back.
I just want someone that Adam Silver really likes. I figure that will give us our best chance to win the draft lottery.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

witljon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:13 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:56 pm I am waiting for the announcement that all has been forgiven, and Kevin McHale has been brought back.
I just want someone that Adam Silver really likes. I figure that will give us our best chance to win the draft lottery.
David Stern.

I am sure he'd have Silver's ear.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

You want Kahn 2.0?

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:23 pm
You want Kahn 2.0?
Yep. Picking a guy the commissioner liked and recommended didn’t work out with Kahn. That’s for sure.
witljon

Post by witljon »

You want Kahn 2.0?
That name never entered my mind.......Zion did though.
witljon

Post by witljon »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:02 pm

You want Kahn 2.0?
Yep. Picking a guy the commissioner liked and recommended didn’t work out with Kahn. That’s for sure.
If he'd have took Curry........
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Brent Barry latest rumor as a candidate for POBO. He is currently VPOBO for San Antonio. Have no idea how that might impact on Layden.
My heart is family.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Other than contract details, is there an easier front office job than GM or POBO in the NBA? Small rosters, cap, no real minor league system to deal with? Review NBA draft sites, use ESPN trade machine, draft consensus player at draft spot, call it a day. Can't be any worse than what "real" GM's do.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Catalyst wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 am Brent Barry latest rumor as a candidate for POBO. He is currently VPOBO for San Antonio. Have no idea how that might impact on Layden.
Can't really find anything connecting Barry to the Wolves but did see this tweet:

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.