Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official POBO Search Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Re: *** Official POBO Search Thread ***

Post by j2j »

0 interest in Chauncey. Maybe negative 5 interest actually.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

j2j wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 pm 0 interest in Chauncey. Maybe negative 5 interest actually.
+1
My heart is family.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Chauncey, however highly regarded, seems like a bit of a risk. Where we are currently, we really could use a sure thing. Or at least more of a sure thing.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:08 pm What the fuck are you talking about thinkkill? None of that incoherent nonsense you wrote meant anything.
Porter Jr is and will be nothing like Durant.

Pretty much all of Billups’ player comparisons sucked.

Again, I’ve found that a LOT of his takes were brutal.

Smart players do not equate to smart talking heads, much less FO members.
populousample

Post by populousample »

Whoever it ends up being, they should have impactful input with the next coach and a plan with Wiggins. One that includes moving Wigs to the bench or via trade If they can’t find his on switch. Basically a 🦄 for this organization...
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
j2j

Post by j2j »

3 years ago today many of us were excited we hired Tom Thibodeau.

Happy Easter everyone, I'm crying now.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:08 pm What the fuck are you talking about thinkkill? None of that incoherent nonsense you wrote meant anything.
I feel bad for your parents...........no I don't they did a shitty job of teaching you. I hope your high school is not still standing. That they could not teach you how to compare and contrast is heartbreaking.........for everyone who has to be around you. I would compare you to a monkey but you would not understand the comp and a monkey could pick up a banana and a rock and compare them and decide to eat the banana. You of course would have a 50/50 chance of sucking a rock.

Things are not incoherent if they are only incoherent to you. That just makes you dim witted.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:59 am
Porter Jr is and will be nothing like Durant.

Pretty much all of Billups’ player comparisons sucked.

Again, I’ve found that a LOT of his takes were brutal.

Smart players do not equate to smart talking heads, much less FO members.
Do they play SF and can play PF? In Basketball? NBA basketball? So...............what a crime to compare them? Please stay out of the draft thread. No one needs to see nonsensical "you can't compare him" ramblings. Enjoy your day emailing every draft site and demanding they stop comparing players...................to players! Who in their right mind would compare ..............A PLAYER!.....................TO A PLAYER! LUDICROUS!

What fucking schools did you all drop out of?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:48 am
I feel bad for your parents...........no I don't they did a shitty job of teaching you. I hope your high school is not still standing. That they could not teach you how to compare and contrast is heartbreaking.........for everyone who has to be around you. I would compare you to a monkey but you would not understand the comp and a monkey could pick up a banana and a rock and compare them and decide to eat the banana. You of course would have a 50/50 chance of sucking a rock.

Things are not incoherent if they are only incoherent to you. That just makes you dim witted.
You’re losing your mind.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Being a homer I hope Billups gets the job. No other basis.

Do think he gets some negative steam that it wont work just because he is a country club member.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill is on full spaz mode. Fun...

thinktank

Post by thinktank »

j2j wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:32 pm Thrillkill is on full spaz mode. Fun...
For real.

Step away from the computer for a bit, thrill.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Michael Winger will not be the POBO. He is staying with the LA Clippers per Jon Krawczynski.
witljon

Post by witljon »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:59 pm Michael Winger will not be the POBO. He is staying with the LA Clippers per Jon Krawczynski.
Well, we shouldn't have to worry about Towns getting traded away...
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:59 pm Michael Winger will not be the POBO. He is staying with the LA Clippers per Jon Krawczynski.

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
witljon

Post by witljon »

We don't know how well any of these names would do as the head of our basketball team, but there isn't one name I really like for the job. :shrug:
j2j

Post by j2j »

Winger and Rosas intrigued me because they were working with franchises that have done a great job with their build.

Billups is on TV and played here. None of that is valuable experience. Even his TV takes are atrocious.

Booth isn't a half bad option. He stepped on my foot once at Chipotle, but I forgave him.

witljon

Post by witljon »

j2j wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:25 am Winger and Rosas intrigued me because they were working with franchises that have done a great job with their build.
I'm not exactly intrigued by this Winger guy. He gets compliments for trading the teams best player 3 different times and still making the playoffs. But if he didn't make those trades the Clippers might be a 2 or 3 seed instead of an 8 seed. :shrug:
j2j

Post by j2j »

witljon wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:53 am
j2j wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:25 am Winger and Rosas intrigued me because they were working with franchises that have done a great job with their build.
I'm not exactly intrigued by this Winger guy. He gets compliments for trading the teams best player 3 different times and still making the playoffs. But if he didn't make those trades the Clippers might be a 2 or 3 seed instead of an 8 seed. :shrug:
If they didnt make those trades they either lose those players to free agency or they're in roughly the same place with broken down, aging, expensive players and no room to improve. They've managed to stay a playoff team and are going into a rather big summer with the 2nd most available cap space and Patrick Beverley as the closest thing to an important player to re-sign. They could potentially add two max free agents.

They won't have their pick this year, but will have an extra pick in the next two years which lines up well if they can sign a couple big name guys this year.

Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

j2j wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:54 am
If they didnt make those trades they either lose those players to free agency or they're in roughly the same place with broken down, aging, expensive players and no room to improve. They've managed to stay a playoff team and are going into a rather big summer with the 2nd most available cap space and Patrick Beverley as the closest thing to an important player to re-sign. They could potentially add two max free agents.

They won't have their pick this year, but will have an extra pick in the next two years which lines up well if they can sign a couple big name guys this year.

I think if I am Winger, I stick around so I can sign Leonard and another max free agent this year, and have some fun. No chance I would migrate to this franchise. I wonder if some of these people get nauseous when they show up in rumors for Minnesota gigs.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Just find me someone with common sense that will hire Ettore Messina, and let's go.
dantheman12

Post by dantheman12 »

Billups is on TV and played here. None of that is valuable experience. Even his TV takes are atrocious.

Booth isn't a half bad option. He stepped on my foot once at Chipotle, but I forgave him.
Did he apologize?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Dan33185 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:28 am Image
I’ve been very interested in Hinkie from the start but there has never been any traction with his name, and with Doogie reporting that Glen doesn’t want to pay more than 1 million to 1.5 million for the new POBO, I doubt we ever hear his name mentioned. I’m still very much on board with Gersson Rosas. Hopefully he actually interviews and doesn’t pull out.
Last edited by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero on Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j2j

Post by j2j »

dantheman12 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:31 pm

Did he apologize?
I apologized for undercutting him, and got called for a Flagrant 1.

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Cp3/DeAndre/Blake core still? hahaha, yeah right.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Guess none of these names mean a damn thing to me right now. We will see when we get further into it if any details come out as far as their visions for the team.

As far as coaching.....I want to see Saunders get his shot with a healthy roster and a bunch of time to prep and implement his plan for the team. Another coach causes another upheaval and another excuse driven wasted season.....fuck that I have had enough of them.

I need a little consistency after last year, I am expecting the playoffs next season. More turnover only lowers that bar for me.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:

BTW: Happy Easter WolvesChat!! :D
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'm no expert but for those pushin hard for Ryan I think you're making an emotional mistake. I really do.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Hornets wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:48 pm I'm no expert but for those pushin hard for Ryan I think you're making an emotional mistake. I really do.
If good candidates are dropping out because they can’t hire or fire whom they want, then it’s absolutely a mistake. We don’t know that for sure yet though.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:34 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:48 pm I'm no expert but for those pushin hard for Ryan I think you're making an emotional mistake. I really do.
If good candidates are dropping out because they can’t hire or fire whom they want, then it’s absolutely a mistake. We don’t know that for sure yet though.
Well, I think we all can agree that whatever decision is eventually made it will be the wrong one...that's how this franchise rolls. :pissed:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: