Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official POBO Search Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
kilkenny

Re: *** Official POBO Search Thread ***

Post by kilkenny »

We need a guy that's not looking to just make the playoffs. This team may need to go through "the process" to weed out the crap. What GM out there will not be satisfied with just trying to make the damn playoffs? I want to fucking compete for a championship already. 20 years and only once has this team advanced past first round. :punch:
T_J

Post by T_J »

kilkenny wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:34 pm We need a guy that's not looking to just make the playoffs. This team may need to go through "the process" to weed out the crap. What GM out there will not be satisfied with just trying to make the damn playoffs? I want to fucking compete for a championship already. 20 years and only once has this team advanced past first round. :punch:
We've got a top 7 guy on our roster next year. Doing "the process" makes no sense. The point of that shit is to get a guy like that.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

T_J wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:59 pm
kilkenny wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:34 pm We need a guy that's not looking to just make the playoffs. This team may need to go through "the process" to weed out the crap. What GM out there will not be satisfied with just trying to make the damn playoffs? I want to fucking compete for a championship already. 20 years and only once has this team advanced past first round. :punch:
We've got a top 7 guy on our roster next year. Doing "the process" makes no sense. The point of that shit is to get a guy like that.
No, it's to get 3 guys in the top 25. We are nowhere near that.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:43 am
Easiest way to do that is bottom out.... isn't it?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:37 am

Or win the lottery. How else are we getting these great players to add to Towns? I like Roco, but he's not the guy imo. He's maybe a 4th on championship team.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:52 am

Or win the lottery. How else are we getting these great players to add to Towns? I like Roco, but he's not the guy imo. He's maybe a 4th on championship team.
That is the question! Moving up in the draft for the first time ever..... hmmm... I mean, it's like a 10 % chance they get into the top 4.... I think for sure the top two guys are franchise type players.

Somehow McHale got Cassell and Sprewell in 2003. You need some luck for sure.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Or just hire Pop who will find gems in the last 1st or 2nd.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Anyone see Luke Walton being accused of sexual assault by a sportsnet host? Wonder if that has anything to do with his termination.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Seenin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:24 pm Anyone see Luke Walton being accused of sexual assault by a sportsnet host? Wonder if that has anything to do with his termination.
Apparently that alleged assault happened before he became Lakers coach.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

At least we know there is one team with a worse owner than Glen...Phoenix Suns fire another coach after one year
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
witljon

Post by witljon »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:57 am

That is the question! Moving up in the draft for the first time ever..... hmmm... I mean, it's like a 10 % chance they get into the top 4.... I think for sure the top two guys are franchise type players.

Is there a time table as to when Glen will hire a new president for the team?
Is he going to wait until after the draft lottery?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Not related really, but Phoenix fired their coach. Absolutely stupid.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

j2j wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:36 am Not related really, but Phoenix fired their coach. Absolutely stupid.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

witljon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:55 am
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:57 am

Is there a time table as to when Glen will hire a new president for the team?
I would guess they have someone in place before the draft lottery.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:20 am
Seenin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:24 pm Anyone see Luke Walton being accused of sexual assault by a sportsnet host? Wonder if that has anything to do with his termination.
Apparently that alleged assault happened before he became Lakers coach.
Nice work by Vlade. Total moron. Fired a very good coach that exceeded expectations by a mile, and replaced him with this bum. The Maloofs must be rolling in their graves.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Lakers interviews Kirk Rambis for the Hc job
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
witljon

Post by witljon »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:18 am
witljon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:55 am Is there a time table as to when Glen will hire a new president for the team?
You may be right, but if we were to actually win the lottery our open position would be much more attractive.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:39 pm Lakers interviews Kirk Rambis for the Hc job
Good lord. If there was ever a human being designed to be LeBron’s bitch.......he’s it.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:39 pm Lakers interviews Kirk Rambis for the Hc job
No he didn't. Kidd was interviewed by both Pelinka and Rambis.

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:10 pm
No he didn't. Kidd was interviewed by both Pelinka and Rambis.

Yep, he's been with the Lakers since last fall. No chance he's the head coach going forward.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

witljon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:06 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:18 am
witljon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:55 am Is there a time table as to when Glen will hire a new president for the team?
You may be right, but if we were to actually win the lottery our open position would be much more attractive.
It's possible but an existing GM/POBO isn't going to jump over just because they won. I think they'll interview the four guys they have lined up then make a decision.
Style

Post by Style »

Maybe even more ironic is that Kurt Rambis, maybe the worst HC ever, is interviewing candidates to become a HC.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Style wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:37 am Maybe even more ironic is that Kurt Rambis, maybe the worst HC ever, is interviewing candidates to become a HC.
That's the state of the Lakers. :lol: