Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NBA Playoffs

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
morneaumvp

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by morneaumvp »

Dame is playing with broken ribs according to Shams
T_J

Post by T_J »

Did the Clippers end up being the toughest opponent for GS so far? Portland shouldn't even be here. The wolves are as good as them and I'm only being slightly facetious.

I don't think Milwaukee sweeps, but I wanna see them against GS. Let's just get that going already.
witljon

Post by witljon »

T_J wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:50 am Did the Clippers end up being the toughest opponent for GS so far? Portland shouldn't even be here. The wolves are as good as them and I'm only being slightly facetious.

I don't think Milwaukee sweeps, but I wanna see them against GS. Let's just get that going already.
The Rockets were the only team that had a chance in my eyes. :shrug:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

"We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave,” Green brandished at Durant, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Homeboy was right.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:11 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:56 pm
j2j wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:45 pm Draymond is so underrated by casual fans, playing just phenomenally right now to keep the Dubs in it. But this game has a weird vibe to it.
Bigs having an impact on both sides...................wait for it.....................without hitting a bunch of 3's? Half of rube chat thinks it ends in a 0-0 tie. How many points do you get for a layup again. Like .5 or something?
Lol, what are you rambling about?
Their huge run being all D and Draymond running and getting them dunks?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I'm having a new appreciation for Draymond in this series. Imagine him on the Blazers with McCollum, Curry and Lillard.

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

It's great that people are starting to come around to the brilliance of Draymond Green.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

I still think he's pretty overrated, sorry. Put him on any other team, and his shtick just doesn't work. He's a decent player, but not worth the headache of his antics in my opinion. Commence the mocking and ridiculing.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think draymond is the real deal - he's got all sorts of skills. but i tire of his antics. he's very strong for his size, but still just 6-7 235 maybe. if portland had nurkic right now, and just funneled everything thru him - a very skilled, very large (7-0 280) man - i don't see how draymond in all his glory stops that. there's got to be a limit to how effective draymond's going to be if a much larger man squashes him every minute of every game in a playoff series. he's got to have some sort of weak spot - and i don't see how a massive size mismatch couldn't be that achilles heel.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:54 pm I still think he's pretty overrated, sorry. Put him on any other team, and his shtick just doesn't work. He's a decent player, but not worth the headache of his antics in my opinion. Commence the mocking and ridiculing.
Is it possible to overrate a DPOY in his prime?
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:54 pm I still think he's pretty overrated, sorry. Put him on any other team, and his shtick just doesn't work. He's a decent player, but not worth the headache of his antics in my opinion. Commence the mocking and ridiculing.
I agree. He works well as one of the pieces in GS. I thought a couple year's back he may leave to try and be the star somewhere.

I think he would disappear on another team only to hear about him when he does something stupid.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

These finals series are complete trash imo. So as been the NBA playoffs the last few year's.

Bucks Warriors should be a fine finals though.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:53 pm
I wouldn't say his defense is overrated, but the way people talk about him as "the glue" or how he has the ability to set players up...you or I could set up Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant. If Cousins were healthy, he's the 5th or 6th most important piece on that team (I'd probably put AI above him), and I'd be interested to see what a player like Jordan Bell could do with the minutes Draymond gets, I'd be surprised if there were any real drop off.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Can we FINALLY stop saying the West is SO much better than the East?!?

Portland is a slightly above average squad. The whole western conference was filled with pretenders other than GS.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:01 pm
I wouldn't say his defense is overrated, but the way people talk about him as "the glue" or how he has the ability to set players up...you or I could set up Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant. If Cousins were healthy, he's the 5th or 6th most important piece on that team (I'd probably put AI above him), and I'd be interested to see what a player like Jordan Bell could do with the minutes Draymond gets, I'd be surprised if there were any real drop off.
This is a terrible take, from start to finish. But I respect your right to have it.

Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

So my curiosity got the best of me
2.png
So it looks like Draymond has more assists, but he also is playing with the starting 5 more than Bell ever does.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Jordan Bell is just a guy that can't get minutes ahead of Andrew Bogut on his best day. Draymond might be a douchebag mouth breather, but dude is playing exceptionally all over the floor.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

irishman89 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:19 pm Jordan Bell is just a guy that can't get minutes ahead of Andrew Bogut on his best day. Draymond might be a douchebag mouth breather, but dude is playing exceptionally all over the floor.
No, Jordan Bell probably isn't a better player than Draymond, but I just can't get behind the idea that Draymond is vital to the Warriors success, he just isn't. Steph and Klay are what makes that team go, and Draymond got lucky to be put into a situation like that.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I don't think any other Warrior is going to step up and scratch the shit out of Harden's eyes, blinding him for about three games...
witljon

Post by witljon »

Yeah, if you think he is a superstar player.
j2j

Post by j2j »

irishman89 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:19 pm Jordan Bell is just a guy that can't get minutes ahead of Andrew Bogut on his best day. Draymond might be a douchebag mouth breather, but dude is playing exceptionally all over the floor.
Draymond's ability to run the offense allows Steph and Klay to play the way they do. Off the ball, cutting, coming off screens... You can't just stick any post player in there to bring the ball up, run PnR(long and short rolls), and hit open cutters.

Best passing big man in the league, one of the best in the league for ANY position. Draymond is by far the best roll passer in the league. Not even close. The 1-side they run where Draymond hits Iggy for the alley oop off his roll is beautiful. Or the off ball downscreen for steph where Dray has the option of Steph or the roller and he hit the roller for a wide open layup 2 games ago...

So underrated.

j2j

Post by j2j »

Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

irishman89 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:30 pm I don't think any other Warrior is going to step up and scratch the shit out of Harden's eyes, blinding him for about three games...
Just pull the last guy off the bench and have him do it...so Draymond is as valuable as Marcus Derrickson ;)
j2j

Post by j2j »

Toronto's spacing and movement is just terrible at times.

T_J

Post by T_J »

I think its nice Dray finally dropped to his playing weight in time for the playoffs. A classic Shaq move.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

The Bucks are so deep, it's ridiculous
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

These Claws adds are fucking torture.

“With full sets.”

FUCK YOU, TNT.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

thinktank wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:22 pm These Claws adds are fucking torture.

“With full sets.”

FUCK YOU, TNT.
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Niecy Nash because of Reno 911, but that show does look awful.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:33 pm
thinktank wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:22 pm These Claws adds are fucking torture.

“With full sets.”

FUCK YOU, TNT.
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Niecy Nash because of Reno 911, but that show does look awful.
How many times can an ad air? Christ.

Brogdon = 13.

Find that guy!
j2j

Post by j2j »

I think I'm behind by a couple minutes on the game, but HOLY SHIT that Kawhi dunk... :shock: