Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NBA Playoffs

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by Catalyst »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:46 pm Who's watching Embiid act like a petulant child right now? What a pussy.
After all his ragging on people for their emotions. He is one who needs to quit twitter before he makes more of a fool of himself.
My heart is family.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:26 pm
irishman89 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:01 pm I just can't imagine being a general manager of a team and thinking that Kyrie Irving was something I needed to pursue. That dude just ain't right.
I think that is why he and Butler get along so well. They are both crazy losers.

(They are also rich) so at least they’ve got that workin’ for them.
Which is nice! ;)

Maybe him and Jimmy end up together now.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

two exciting game sevens yesterday. mccullum was money. i'm sure others saw that subtle push off with his forearm before hitting that last dagger to open things up enough to stay in rhythm and hit the shot. leonard's shot was ridiculous. a top 10 finisher in nba playoff history.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Blazers/GS should be one heck of a series, especially if KD isn't 100%.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:08 pm
D_H wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:02 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:58 pm And Philly got housed by Bos. Came up small. You think Butler is thrilled with Simmons constant below 10 point games and Embiid tweeting how he doesn't feel good before every game? Sounds like Jimmy.

Should be an interesting offseason a lot of good free agents. Once Philadelphia cuts Jonathon Simmons we will have 66 million dollars in cap space available to us. As usual the offseason and will be more interesting than the basketball season! LoL

We 52 games last year , 51 this year.... I'm expecting anywhere from 55 to 60 next year just with the natural progression of Embiid and Simmons. I'd actually be fine bringing back the same starting lineup they only play together about 20 games.
So 66 mil with no Butler, Harris, Reddick, Or RoCo and Saric?
Saric & RoCo :lol:

Here is what I understand from listening to talk radio in Philadelphia, reading every newspaper, and social media:

-No plans to fire Brett Brown at this point in time. Despite Marc Stein's tidbit. I guess that could change, but he's staying at least for one more year.

-Butler and Harris will both be back at max contracts, it's a virtual lock. The Sixers have been preparing to pay both for a while, and are expected to sign both to big contracts barring something unforeseen. Neither are expected to even make other free agent visits.

-The Sixers have long coveted Kawhi Leonard. They will give his agent a call in free agency. Don't think they expect much to come of it though. Kawhi Leonard and Brett Brown have stayed in touch since their days in San Antonio.

-No plans to trade Simmons, but will listen if someone blows them away with an offer.

-Defensive PG is a top priority for their summer. Expect them to pursue Pat Bev.

:beer:
Last edited by D_H on Mon May 13, 2019 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
D_H

Post by D_H »

j2j wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:27 pm
D_H wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:12 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:11 pm
Good, because Simmons and Embiid should be enough.
Yeah I think so , we won 52 games last year, that's one more than this year. They are obviously going to get better at only 24 & 22.
How much help does TJ McConnell need?
LOLOL
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

D_H wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:28 am

Should be an interesting offseason a lot of good free agents. Once Philadelphia cuts Jonathon Simmons we will have 66 million dollars in cap space available to us. As usual the offseason and will be more interesting than the basketball season! LoL

We 52 games last year , 51 this year.... I'm expecting anywhere from 55 to 60 next year just with the natural progression of Embiid and Simmons. I'd actually be fine bringing back the same starting lineup they only play together about 20 games.

Here is what I understand from listening to talk radio in Philadelphia, reading every newspaper, and social media:

-No plans to fire Brett Brown at this point in time. Despite Marc Stein's tidbit. I guess that could change, but he's staying at least for one more year.

-Butler and Harris will both be back at max contracts, it's a virtual lock. The Sixers have been preparing to pay both for a while, and are expected to sign both to big contracts barring something unforeseen. Neither are expected to even make other free agent visits.

-The Sixers have long coveted Kawhi Leonard. They will give his agent a call in free agency. Don't think they expect much to come of it though. Kawhi Leonard and Brett Brown have stayed in touch since their days in San Antonio.

-No plans to trade Simmons, but will listen if someone blows them away with an offer.

-Defensive PG is a top priority for their summer. Expect them to pursue Pat Bev.

Brown will go and should. His offense is the farthest from the style the roster dictated. Simmons has lost a lot of value and it would be smarter for them to rehab his value some early in the season but if they can keep Butler and Harris then he should go. Well unless you get a coach smart enough to play an actual PG and play Simmons as a point 4. But I'm not seeing the defensive PG. Should be a 3 point gunner.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I can remember more big plays from Jonathan Simmons than Ben Simmons in these playoffs. Was Ben even playing yesterday? If Philly would play five-on-five instead of 4 on 5 they would be advancing easily.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

irishman89 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:56 am I can remember more big plays from Jonathan Simmons than Ben Simmons in these playoffs. Was Ben even playing yesterday? If Philly would play five-on-five instead of 4 on 5 they would be advancing easily.
Poster buy for what works in the regular season doesn't always work against playoff defense that has 7 games to scout and adjust.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I wonder where jimmys gonna play next year, since the 6ers aren’t good enough for him.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Bob Wiley wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 am I wonder where jimmys gonna play next year, since the 6ers aren’t good enough for him.
Should be the Lakers if he and they are smart. He signs and then they trade for AD. NO still stupid for not taking the original deal from them. Add a couple shooters to those 3 good defenders and scorers and that's a roster that can win big for 2-3 years at least.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

So the roster will be: Simmons, Embiid, Butler, Harris, Kawhi and Beverly.

Dynasty!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:32 am Blazers/GS should be one heck of a series, especially if KD isn't 100%.
I'm catching a "Bit of wind" that KD isn't likely to play this series. Stay tuned!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Butler and Harris don’t mesh well.

They should pick one or the other.

I get why Butler is good but they should surround Embiid with shooters.

If they traded Simmons for a wing who could shoot then that would make it easier for them to keep both Butler and Harris.

There’s just a lot not right about that Butler/Harris/Simmons grouping. Butler and Simmons both want the ball. Jimmy and Simmons can’t shoot from outside. Harris never sees the ball and isn’t a great defender. He’s being wasted.

If they bring back all three of those guys I don’t think they’ll ever win a chip. That combination hard caps their ceiling.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

If they go after Kawhi, can they afford Butler or Tobias on a full max offer? I'm looking at the salary, looks like it could be close. I think short of winning a championship, Kawhi is leaving but still feels like a west coast bound deal. They should have traded Simmons for Kawhi last summer.

I think they need to pick Harris over Butler and then they could still pursue someone like Beverly.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:52 am
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:32 am Blazers/GS should be one heck of a series, especially if KD isn't 100%.
I'm catching a "Bit of wind" that KD isn't likely to play this series. Stay tuned!
if he doesn't play, then like i said, portland needs to shove their offense down curry's throat at every opportunity. and it's a great situation for that because GSW can't slough curry off onto the lesser of portland's backcourt players. they don't have a lesser player back there. but if curry's going to have to play D on every possession, it has to (at least eventually) take something out of him on O. and if durant isn't there to pick up the slack - then a lot of it will fall to klay (who also has to be constantly focused on D against the blazers). if lillard and mccollum bring their A games - and durant doesn't play - i think this could be a very interesting series.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:23 am

If they go after Kawhi, can they afford Butler or Tobias on a full max offer? I'm looking at the salary, looks like it could be close. I think short of winning a championship, Kawhi is leaving but still feels like a west coast bound deal. They should have traded Simmons for Kawhi last summer.

I think they need to pick Harris over Butler and then they could still pursue someone like Beverly.
No and Kawhi wouldn't even talk to them. Everyone with an know says he is 90% LA bound with Tor havng a chance if they win.

And why on earth would that team that couldn't throw it in the ocean want Beverley? Makes no sense. Reddick is their only shooter and he will be gone.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Here's my Philly predictions.

Brown out as coach
Harris leaves
Jimmy stays
Philly signs Tyus
JJ stays
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:36 am Here's my Philly predictions.

Brown out as coach
Harris leaves
Jimmy stays
Philly signs Tyus
JJ stays
I think Butler wants to play with Tyus again for sure.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:52 am
if he doesn't play, then like i said, portland needs to shove their offense down curry's throat at every opportunity. and it's a great situation for that because GSW can't slough curry off onto the lesser of portland's backcourt players. they don't have a lesser player back there. but if curry's going to have to play D on every possession, it has to (at least eventually) take something out of him on O. and if durant isn't there to pick up the slack - then a lot of it will fall to klay (who also has to be constantly focused on D against the blazers). if lillard and mccollum bring their A games - and durant doesn't play - i think this could be a very interesting series.
A chance he could play late in the series. I would love to see Portland beat them but I don't think it will happen.

Bucks or Toronto will roll GS imo without KD.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Am I a wet blanket for not thinking Kawhi's bucket was the most amazing thing ever? The game was tied, there was no risk in that shot.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 am

Brown out as coach
Harris leaves
Jimmy stays
Philly signs Tyus
JJ stays
Ha I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I slipped that one in there, although I think he would be a good fit for them.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Mandatory wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 am Am I a wet blanket for not thinking Kawhi's bucket was the most amazing thing ever? The game was tied, there was no risk in that shot.
What's a little interesting is that he had an almost picture perfect GW like that in the regular season.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I love Kawhi's game so much but I really don't like rooting for players who essentially take a year off and demand a trade...much less from an elite organization like the Spurs. I don't even know if something like that has happened under Pop before (assuming we are talking about "good players").
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Mandatory wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 am Am I a wet blanket for not thinking Kawhi's bucket was the most amazing thing ever? The game was tied, there was no risk in that shot.
Well that's true but the thing was the game was won and the missed FT's leading to the Butler bucket is a huge swing of momentum and emotion. I certainly would have been losing my mind going into OT if I was a Tor fan.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:05 am
HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 am

Brown out as coach
Harris leaves
Jimmy stays
Philly signs Tyus
JJ stays
Ha I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I slipped that one in there, although I think he would be a good fit for them.
His last two tweets are about Tyus, Tyus has been vocal that he and Butler are great friends and appreciates the support Jimmy has given to Tyus and his family (mom/Tre specifically). I don't know where Butler will end up but I would guess he will tell that team that should get Tyus or at least throw in an offer.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Glad Philly lost.

Fuck you and your process!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
D_H

Post by D_H »

No, Kawhi Leonard will obviously replace Jimmy Butler and they would resign Harris in that scenario. Evidently Kawhi Leonard loves Brett Brown and will give him the courtesy of a talk at least. They were very close in San Antonio and have stayed in touch after Brett Brown has left to Philly. He views Joel Embiid as a bigger Tim Duncan is what I'm hearin.... I'm not going to count on it but we have 66 million dollars in cap space and that'll get you 2 max players , or 1 other star and excellent role players. The key is Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons you can surround them with just about anybody and win 50 + games. They're both elite on the defensive end as well and at 24 & 22 they are still not even close to their prime. JJ Redick is basically a lock to come back the way it sounds. Off-season should be a blast I'm looking forward to it :beer: if Kevin Durant leaves Golden State that'll leave about five or six of us top teams in the running for an NBA title. The reality really is no one really knows where all these players are going, I mean who saw Kawhi Leonard going to Toronto?
Last edited by D_H on Mon May 13, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

D_H wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:26 pm

No, Kawhi Leonard will obviously replace Jimmy Butler and they would resign Harris in that scenario. Evidently Kawhi Leonard loves Brett Brown and will give him the courtesy of a talk at least. They were very close in San Antonio and have stayed in touch after Brett Brown has left to Philly. He views Joel Embiid as a bigger Tim Duncan is what I'm hearin.... I'm not going to count on it but we have 66 million dollars in cap space and that'll get you 2 max players , or 1 other star and excellent role players. The key is Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons you can surround them with just about anybody and win 50 + games. They're both elite on the defensive end as well and at 24 & 22 they are still not even close to their prime. JJ Redick is basically a lock to come back the way it sounds. Off-season should be a blast I'm looking forward to it :beer: if Kevin Durant leaves Golden State that'll leave about five or six of us top teams in the running for an NBA title. The reality really is no one really knows where all these players are going, I mean who saw Kawhi Leonard going to Toronto?
Difference is Leonard was traded to Toronto. I think Philly will do everything they can to keep Butler. He’s proven to be all about the the money, so I think he ends up in Brooklyn or LA. I give the 6ers a 1% chance to land Leonard.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Small Hands wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:03 pm
D_H wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Difference is Leonard was traded to Toronto. I think Philly will do everything they can to keep Butler. He’s proven to be all about the the money, so I think he ends up in Brooklyn or LA. I give the 6ers a 1% chance to land Leonard.
No I meant you didn't hear any rumors having KL going to Toronto. Philadelphia can pay Jimmy Butler the most money along with Tobias Harris but if Brett Brown can get Kawhi Leonard to come to Philadelphia you take Kawhi Leonard over Jimmy Butler. The talk in Philadelphia is Kawhi Leonard absolutely loves Brett Brown so I'm pretty excited. Either way Philadelphia is going to be the top 2 to 4 team in the Eastern Conference just because of Embiid and Simmons. JoJo is likely first team all-nba this year , and Simmons was an All-Star and only 22!

But yeah if I had to bet money I say Kawhi Leonard goes to the LA Clippers.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I missed the context of his statement entirely, but I got a solid laugh after hearing Windhorst just say "the Blazers have a shot in this series if they win the point total battle."