Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NBA Playoffs

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:19 am The warriors org failed KD. Their team doctors told him, his injury couldn't get worse. It got worse.
That's not just his team doctors involved in that decision.

His agent, trainer, and I'm sure a second opinion were involved.

Not shocked drunk_wrex is a flaming pile of shit, didn't expect it out of Moses, though.

Never want to see anyone get hurt like that, even if you don't like the player.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

j2j wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:00 pm
Sally 2.0 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:48 pm I understand why people hate the Warriors, but I just love the way they play basketball
Which is why I love them. Their style of play is the most entertaining in the league over the last few years. I've always hated the back em down iso bully ball bullshit of LeBron and Kobe.

Sharing the ball, high level skill, and movement is how the game should be played.
i will agree with that.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Ask Not wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:22 am I think 3+ weeks to complete the finals seems reasonable. Why not have more nights off than you actually play?
Both the NBA and NHL limp to the finish line by spacing the playoffs over 2 full months.
I stopped caring 3 weeks ago. Yuck.
It is frustrating, but with the travel of a 2-2-1-1-1 series they want the extra day off in between. Go 2-3-2 and they'd cut a few days of travel time. Might even see more upsets.

It's the nature of a 16 team playoff and 7 game series though. Football is 1 game and 12 teams. Baseball is only 8(10) teams and is it 5 games then 7?

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:34 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:19 am The warriors org failed KD. Their team doctors told him, his injury couldn't get worse. It got worse.

Not shocked drunk_wrex is a flaming pile of shit, didn't expect it out of Moses, though.

I don't really mean it, just expressing displeasure with his cop-out move.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it's not so black and white about draymond. i think his kind of game is EXTREMELY valuable to the warriors. but i also think he's not such a valuable player on a team that doesn't have 3 of the best shooters in all of hoops. he gets so much more room to manuever on GSW than he'd get other places because the opposition is going crazy chasing curry and klay and KD all over the court.

final note: he bitches waaaaay too much. his constant jawing at the officials and opponents should land him in technical jail far more often than it happens. it is possible to acknowledge his positive impact to the warriors while still hating the player for being such a whiny provocative asshole.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:48 am

I don't really mean it, just expressing displeasure with his cop-out move.
I get it, you're an ok froob. Have to separate the two. I really dislike LeBron, Carmelo, Cousins, Paul... But I'd never want to see them get hurt like that. An athlete only gets so many years to be at the top of their game, and to lose a year like that is heartbreaking.

As far as the move to Golden State, I've said it before, but I wasn't overly excited about it because it changed how the Warriors played a little, but I get it. Chance to play for rings in your prime?

j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:49 am it's not so black and white about draymond. i think his kind of game is EXTREMELY valuable to the warriors. but i also think he's not such a valuable player on a team that doesn't have 3 of the best shooters in all of hoops. he gets so much more room to manuever on GSW than he'd get other places because the opposition is going crazy chasing curry and klay and KD all over the court.

final note: he bitches waaaaay too much. his constant jawing at the officials and opponents should land him in technical jail far more often than it happens. it is possible to acknowledge his positive impact to the warriors while still hating the player for being such a whiny provocative asshole.
Draymond's ability makes it possible for Klay and Steph to move off the ball like that. There's an extremely short list of big men in the league that pass the ball as well as him, probably just Jokic. There's an extremely short list of big men that can rebound and use the bust out dribble to initiate the break and put pressure on the defense as well as he can. There also ain't very many 4s that can play as good of defense and switch on to multiple players so that they can play small ball like him. His BBIQ is off the charts.

I completely agree his antics obnoxious I hate it. Loved early in the playoffs when he was shutting up and just playing. He's now one Tech away from being suspended, so if he picks one up in game 6 he wouldn't be available for game 7. I put all the blame on him for their collapse in 2016.

But he's pretty much a modern day Rodman, but with more offensive ability. The overrated and "Draymond sucks" stuff is nonsense.

He might not be as good on other teams and in other systems, but I think that says more about other teams than it does him. Why wouldn't you play to your players' strengths?

j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I think everyone's point on Draymond is: If the NBA had a re-draft from scratch, would Draymond be picked in the first round? Second round? Are you taking Draymond over Towns?

Swap Towns and Draymond on this exact Wolves team, how many wins is Draymond producing as the alpha dog?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:25 am I think everyone's point on Draymond is: If the NBA had a re-draft from scratch, would Draymond be picked in the first round? Second round? Are you taking Draymond over Towns?

Swap Towns and Draymond on this exact Wolves team, how many wins is Draymond producing as the alpha dog?
That's a weird barometer to go by, though. How many wins would Klay Thompson produce as an "alpha dog"? Pascal Siakam? Kyle Lowry? Marc Gasol?

Just seems like a lot of hyperbole. Players are either the greatest of all time or they suck. Teams are either the greatest of all time or the suck. There's a lot of middle grown where hyperactive fans miss out on the beauty of different skillsets.

Swap the two and the Wolves defense probably improves immensely.

T_J

Post by T_J »

irishman89 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:20 am Remember Draymond is one technical away from suspension...
He could get T'd up anytime he commits a foul, which in his mind he's never actually done before.

It'd take a full meltdown for him to get a T at this point because they aren't going to cut the Warriors down another guy for game 7.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

T_J wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:27 am
irishman89 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:20 am Remember Draymond is one technical away from suspension...
He could get T'd up anytime he commits a foul, which in his mind he's never actually done before.

It'd take a full meltdown for him to get a T at this point because they aren't going to cut the Warriors down another guy for game 7.
I disagree. They are going to be looking for him to act a fool so they can toss him. The refs study habits of players, and I am sure they are sick of his constant whining. He is a main reason why people don't like GS. All they have is the best team in the NBA for the last 5 years, and he still acts entitled to all the calls.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:46 am
T_J wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:27 am

I disagree. They are going to be looking for him to act a fool so they can toss him. The refs study habits of players, and I am sure they are sick of his constant whining. He is a main reason why people don't like GS. All they have is the best team in the NBA for the last 5 years, and he still acts entitled to all the calls.
Eh I don't really agree, although I could see this:
Pelton: Draymond Green gets a technical in Game 6, putting his status for Game 7 in jeopardy due to the automatic one-game suspension for picking up seven T's in the playoffs, before the league decides to rescind it between games, and he's allowed to play.
T_J

Post by T_J »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:25 am I think everyone's point on Draymond is: If the NBA had a re-draft from scratch, would Draymond be picked in the first round? Second round? Are you taking Draymond over Towns?

That's a weird barometer to go by, though. How many wins would Klay Thompson produce as an "alpha dog"? Pascal Siakam? Kyle Lowry? Marc Gasol?

Just seems like a lot of hyperbole. Players are either the greatest of all time or they suck. Teams are either the greatest of all time or the suck. There's a lot of middle grown where hyperactive fans miss out on the beauty of different skillsets.

Here's a trade idea to the biggest Warrior fan I know. You'll LOVE this idea.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewto ... &t=1850151

I'm using the quote as an @ function. When can we implement something like that Abe.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

They just reported this morning, he is flying to New York to get a second opinion on his Achilles tear. Looks like he’s done listening to Warriors medical staff.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The Warriors .Org failed KD

His manager is already talking shit on IG now
T_J

Post by T_J »

I've been thinking about it and I can't recall if I ripped it in here or not, but that Toronto timeout called at 3 min left, 103-97 or whatever I thought was a complete fuck up. Maybe it was, maybe it allowed the Warriors to refocus and they may have caved without that break. But what if Nurse draws up a dagger play that makes it an 8 or 9 point game. I think then everyone says "wow look how smart he was to set up this dagger." Obviously it didn't work out like that, but the story could really flip pretty easily.

So I change my stance on it a bit and obviously it wasn't the only factor deciding the game either.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:38 am

Turrd has always been a weasel. That's why Jordan had to punch this nerd.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:38 am

Durant used to be one of my all time favorites but he turned into a self absorbed douche. Warriors used to be cool but now they are just annoying. Now they get to spend 30 mil on a guy who won't play. And then he will leave.

Never wish injury on anyone but this just made the FA period the most fascinating thing ever. This changes just so many team's plans. Free for all coming.
j2j

Post by j2j »

T_J wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:28 am

I'm using the quote as an @ function. When can we implement something like that Abe.
I wouldn't do that. I love those guys from the Warriors, but that makes us much older, doesn't fit our timeline. Plus all 3 are expiring deals. And no chance the Warriors do that either.

Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

No way KD doesn't opt into the last year of his contract now... Warriors are on the hook for $31 million next year.

Not a bad way to rehab, collecting a shit ton of money.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:33 am

They just reported this morning, he is flying to New York to get a second opinion on his Achilles tear. Looks like he’s done listening to Warriors medical staff.
Every major injury in the history of sports(or at least the last 20 years) has included a 2nd opinion.

T_J

Post by T_J »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:13 pm

I wouldn't do that. I love those guys from the Warriors, but that makes us much older, doesn't fit our timeline. Plus all 3 are expiring deals. And no chance the Warriors do that either.
I know, nobody would do it. Just trolling your massive Warrior fandom-ship.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I was a warriors fan when they had Baron davis and Sjax but this era too many bandwagon fans
j2j

Post by j2j »

T_J wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:26 pm
j2j wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:13 pm

I know, nobody would do it. Just trolling your massive Warrior fandom-ship.
Oh, didn't notice. You need to step up your troll game.

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:35 pm I was a warriors fan when they had Baron davis and Sjax but this era too many bandwagon fans
Same. When they knocked off Mavs.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:35 pm I was a warriors fan when they had Baron davis and Sjax but this era too many bandwagon fans
I hated that iso shit. Warrior basketball used to be my goto insult when my own team used to play 1 on 5 dribble with your head down my turn shit.

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

T_J wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:38 am I've been thinking about it and I can't recall if I ripped it in here or not, but that Toronto timeout called at 3 min left, 103-97 or whatever I thought was a complete fuck up. Maybe it was, maybe it allowed the Warriors to refocus and they may have caved without that break. But what if Nurse draws up a dagger play that makes it an 8 or 9 point game. I think then everyone says "wow look how smart he was to set up this dagger." Obviously it didn't work out like that, but the story could really flip pretty easily.

So I change my stance on it a bit and obviously it wasn't the only factor deciding the game either.
I thought it was a TO by GSW, and I thought it was brilliant by Kerr to settle his team down. Turns out it was the Raptors TO....Jesus what a shitheaded time to call TO....cost them the game. GSW was at that very point and time ready to roll over and the Raptors had all the momentum.

Terrible TO out of the Raptors.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Just so everyone knows, j2j likes the Warriors style of play and doesn't like ISO ball. Thought I better clear that up.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 pm
Same. When they knocked off Mavs.
Yup that was awesome. They just out dogged them. Good learning experience for Dirk.