Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Timberwolves Fan Called Blake Griffin ‘boy’

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Re: Timberwolves Fan Called Blake Griffin ‘boy’

Post by t_wrex »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:12 pm
t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:10 pm

I concede.

I just feel like hypersensitivity causes a discomfort between the races. I have a few black friends but the black friends I choose to have are not obsessed with race. I can be myself around them. Whenever Im hanging out with a race-obsessed black guy I feel like I have to be fake in order to get along with them. I find myself worried that I might accidentally say something that can be twisted as racist, now he hates me, tells everyone else I'm racist, all that shit.

Like I can call my white and black friends stupid. It's fun. If I'm with someone with their racism antennas up, not a chance.

I had a black girlfriend for a couple years. We never once talked about race.
I don't buy it.
This is fake for sure.

I dated a Muslim classmate last year and we talked about race all the time
Oh OK. You're right. All minorities are all the same. Totally not a racist thing to say.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

thinktank wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:36 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:13 pm Multi-millionaire can't handle someone calling him boy. I've had black people say 100 times worse to me. Grow the fuck up.
What have you been called by black people and why I it worse?

Examples please, you poor white privileged snowflake.
I'm not the snowflake because I don't freak out like liberal white knights such as yourself and that that poor under-privileged Blake Griffin.

Basically the last time, a couple black dudes bump into me on Hennepin, "Move it white boy." I reply, shut the fuck up. Then they go into the whole white boy thing, say shit about my girlfriend who is with me, talk about fucking her, etc. Should have got into a fight and filed a hate crime.

I also literally had a group of black guys take my basketball at Loring park (I lived at the Eitel building across the street) and I had to walk up to the one dude and stare him down. One of the other guys at least stepped up and said, "Give him his ball man." I'm sure they did the same to black guys they came wanting to shoot.

These tough guys always seem to travel in packs.

I also used to use the word Chief with friends when i am trying to be sarcastic (thinking good will hunting started that). Lucky me, some guy happened to be Native American, i had no clue, I was wasted. I said, "Whatever chief" to brush him off. He flipped the fuck out and threw a punch, I ducked and buddy grabbed him. Violence to an innocent mistake.

How about when I walked into a gas station in KC, completely fucking lost. Bad side of town, probably the worst i had seen at that point. Walk into a convenience store, two black clerks are talking with their back to me. "Do you have any maps?" (Pre-cell phones). They turn look, don't say a word, turn back around. I walk out. Old black dude out front says, "You lost?" "Yes." Gives me directions and says, run the lights, I wouldn't stop.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

This is why black people love me so much and they can't stand you fucks.

It annoys them when you over-befriend them, never argue with them, over-laugh at their jokes, over-sympathize for them, you come across like a desperate as fuck dude approaching a hot chick. It's fake, they sense it and they don't bother ever hanging out with your annoying soy boy ass.

They all know I voted for Trump too. Gave me some shit for it, but they still love me.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Well, this is fun.

How about we just keep the racist remarks out of the Target Center so we're not in the news anymore for shit like this.
Spoiler:
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:24 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:13 pm Multi-millionaire can't handle someone calling him boy. I've had black people say 100 times worse to me. Grow the fuck up.

I'm not the snowflake because I don't freak out like liberal white knights such as yourself and that that poor under-privileged Blake Griffin.

Basically the last time, a couple black dudes bump into me on Hennepin, "Move it white boy." I reply, shut the fuck up. Then they go into the whole white boy thing, say shit about my girlfriend who is with me, talk about fucking her, etc. Should have got into a fight and filed a hate crime.

I also literally had a group of black guys take my basketball at Loring park (I lived at the Eitel building across the street) and I had to walk up to the one dude and stare him down. One of the other guys at least stepped up and said, "Give him his ball man." I'm sure they did the same to black guys they came wanting to shoot.

I also used to use the word Chief with friends when i am trying to be sarcastic (thinking good will hunting started that). Lucky me, some guy happened to be Native American, i had no clue, I was wasted. I said, "Whatever chief" to brush him off. He flipped the fuck out and threw a punch, I ducked and buddy grabbed him. Violence to an innocent mistake.

How about when I walked into a gas station in KC, completely fucking lost. Bad side of town, probably the worst i had seen at that point. Walk into a convenience store, two black clerks are talking with their back to me. "Do you have any maps?" (Pre-cell phones). They turn look, don't say a word, turn back around. I walk out. Old black dude out front says, "You lost?" "Yes." Gives me directions and says, run the lights, I wouldn't stop.

I agree that there's definitely racist black people. Just another side-effect of what hypersensitivity leads to. More racism.

Doesn't mean that white fans should be able to willy nilly go to games and start yelling slave owner rhetoric at nba players.

Correction is the correction. Not hypersensitivity.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

TrueBlue wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:34 pm Well, this is fun.

How about we just keep the racist remarks out of the Target Center so we're not in the news anymore for shit like this.
It happened once. It wasn't right. The guy who said it definitely has to get checked for it. Not ok.

For a million dollars, do you believe the guy hates black people?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:15 pm

I concede.

I just feel like hypersensitivity causes a discomfort between the races. I have a few black friends but the black friends I choose to have are not obsessed with race. I can be myself around them. Whenever Im hanging out with a race-obsessed black guy I feel like I have to be fake in order to get along with them. I find myself worried that I might accidentally say something that can be twisted as racist, now he hates me, tells everyone else I'm racist, all that shit.

Like I can call my white and black friends stupid. It's fun. If I'm with someone with their racism antennas up, not a chance.

I don't buy it.
Why is that?
You think all black people feel the need to talk about race?
Are you racist?
I feel like every couple talks about race ESPECIALLY one that involves someone who isn't white. All non white people experience racism at some point!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

How about the TV analyst that said guerrilla warfare (common term) and he had his career ruined because Serena was sneak attacking to get to the net and he complimented her saying she is using guerrilla tactics which is smart. Fired, career ruined, never an apology by ESPN.

Or how about the ESPN web guy used the term Chink the armor when referring to Jeremy Lin and the Knicks coming back down to earth after some incredible play. They guy was fairly young i think, and said, I didn't even know that was a term. Fired immediately.

Context doesn't matter anymore, just how someone interprets things from their skewed perspective.
Last edited by Moses Scurry on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

You say you’re not a white knight but this is after you said “I’ve been called worse.”

Congratulations.

You found a way to white knight yourself.

“Should have gotten into a fight and filed a hate crime.” LOL. Yeah. You iniating a fight because of a black oerson’s word is definitely a hate crime on their part. C’mon, man! Have you no self-awareness? Should they have called you “white boy”? No. I want to be clear. But that’s THE SAME THING that happened to Griffin. It wasn’t right in either his case or yours. No need to compare the two at all.

A black person ALMOST stole your basketball? The horror! “That’s racist!” You’re so right, Moses. Almost having your basketball ALMOST stolen is “way worse” than being a black adult and being called “boy”. Again, massive LOLz. C’mon man. Your false equivalence is fucking ridiculous.

Oh my God. Black clerks didn’t talk to you at a gas station? Geez. That’s truly awful. Something almost HAPPENED to you. You’ve had some seriously awful ALMOSTS, Moses. Be careful out there!

You’re lucky nothing worse than exactly what happened to Griffin has happened to you. You’d be in pieces, you poor white privileged snowflake!

Sincerely,

:zzz:
Last edited by thinktank on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:41 pm
Sally wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:34 pm Well, this is fun.

It happened once. It wasn't right. The guy who said it definitely has to get checked for it. Not ok.

I can honestly say I don't care if he does or does not, in that moment he made it so Blake Griffen 100% thought he did.
Spoiler:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

thinktank wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:44 pm

You say you’re not a white knight but this is after you said “I’ve been called worse.”

Congratulations.

“Should have gotten into a fight and filed a hate crime.” LOL. Yeah. You iniating a fight because of a black oerson’s word is definitely a hate crime on their part. C’mon, man! Have you no self-awareness? Should they have called you “white boy”? No. I want to be clear. But that’s THE SAME THING that happened to Griffin. It wasn’t right in either his case or yours. No need to compare the two at all.

A black person ALMOST stole your basketball? The horror! “That’s racist!” You’re so right, Moses. Almost having your basketball ALMOST stolen is “way worse” than being a black adult and being called “boy”. Again, massive LOLz. C’mon man. Your false equivalence is fucking ridiculous.

Oh my God. Black clerks didn’t talk to you at a gas station? Geez. That’s truly awful. Something almost HAPPENED to you. You’ve had some seriously awful ALMOSTS, Moses. Be careful out there!

Sincerely,

I was being facetious but you never pickup on those things so I forgive you as it wasn't blatantly obviously.

My point is, they are all insults but trashing a guys GF is way worse than a black man being called boy especially someone who has lived a privileged life. Or do you want me to try that out with your new wife? And i did turn the other check, I just said fuck off. Blake tried to get in a fight in the stands because he's a delicate snowflake. His response should be, I'm a elite athlete and multi-millionaire, what you got?

Yes, physically taking someone's basketball is worse than saying words. They are trying to instigate a physically confrontation.

The clerks was just to illustrate people of all colors are assholes. i actually find the story funny and it's fun to tell.

And all your attempt at humor shows what happened to Griffin was actually nothing. He's probably experienced less bigotry than i have. :lol: Poor Blake!!!

Note: i said bigotry because Thinktank would inevitably come back with, white people can't experience racism, it's institutional. I know your playbook.

Note 2: This reminds me of the Bill Burr bit about how if a wife cuts off a man's penis in the middle of the night, it's a punch line, no one cares. If a man cut off a woman's breast, there would be a national day of mourning, discussion panels, a new federal agency created to address the issue.
Last edited by Moses Scurry on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

TrueBlue wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:46 pm
Sally wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:34 pm Well, this is fun.

I can honestly say I don't care if he does or does not, in that moment he made it so Blake Griffen 100% thought he did.
I would it DOES matter if he hates black people. Thats almost like saying you think racism doesn't matter.

Again, it would be better for Griffen to not assume this guy was trying to actually sound like a slave owner in front of dozens of people, willing to get fired and virally punished just get under his skin. thats kinda self important. My first guess woulda been that he doesn't realize how racist he was sounding. Even actual racists know not to go public with their racism unless their too stupid to be taken seriously in the first place.

That's like a pedophile catcalling school kids in front of their parents.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:58 pm
Sally wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:46 pm

I would it DOES matter if he hates black people. Thats almost like saying you think racism doesn't matter.

Again, it would be better for Griffen to not assume this guy was trying to actually sound like a slave owner in front of dozens of people, willing to get fired and virally punished just get under his skin. thats kinda self important. My first guess woulda been that he doesn't realize how racist he was sounding. Even actual racists know not to go public with their racism unless their too stupid to be taken seriously in the first place.

In the macro sense, YES it matters if this guy is racist. Racism is fucked up and needs to be eradicated with knowledge and experiences for the betterment of society.

HOWEVER in this micro case, the issue isn't intent, it's accountability for actions. Saying this is fucked up and shouldn't be tolerated in NBA arenas.
Spoiler:
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

TrueBlue wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 pm
Sally wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:46 pm

In the macro sense, YES it matters if this guy is racist. Racism is fucked up and needs to be eradicated with knowledge and experiences for the betterment of society.

HOWEVER in this micro case, the issue isn't intent, it's accountability for actions. Saying this is fucked up and shouldn't be tolerated in NBA arenas.
Hmm.
I guess we agree.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:10 pm
Sally wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 pm

Hmm.
I guess we agree.
sucks when that happens.

;)
Spoiler:
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:44 pm
t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:15 pm
I don't buy it.
Why is that?
You think all black people feel the need to talk about race?
Are you racist?
I feel like every couple talks about race ESPECIALLY one that involves someone who isn't white. All non white people experience racism at some point!
It's just amazing to me that I know so many white people that think they know more than black people about how "oppressed" they are. I got black friends that would spit their coffee out laughing at some of the hypersensitivity on this board.

Me and my ex girlfriend are still friends. She's experienced racism but she moreso felt sorry for the idiots who displayed it. It's a sad and pathetic state of being. There's really no such thing as a happy racist.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

thinktank wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:58 pm
t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:51 pmThe guy probably doesn't know a lot of black people, calls his white friends boy, and because he treats white and black people EQUALLY, figured it would be no thing. Isn't that what equality is?
First off, I like all of your assumptions. Good stuff.

Second, no, equality takes context into account. Equality IS NOT literally the same thing for everyone.
I concede.

I think you have it backwards. Hypersensitivity is the result, not the cause of racism.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:16 pm There's really no such thing as a happy racist.
I very much agree with this, however. And maybe that's a good place to leave the discussion.

- Isaac Asimov
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:31 pm This is why black people love me so much and they can't stand you fucks.

It annoys them when you over-befriend them, never argue with them, over-laugh at their jokes, over-sympathize for them, you come across like a desperate as fuck dude approaching a hot chick. It's fake, they sense it and they don't bother ever hanging out with your annoying soy boy ass.

They all know I voted for Trump too. Gave me some shit for it, but they still love me.
Soy boy? Like, we eat soybean products and that's a negative?

There's something bad about consuming the number two largest crop in America?
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Congratulations.

Sincerely,

I was being facetious but you never pickup on those things so I forgive you as it wasn't blatantly obviously.

My point is, they are all insults but trashing a guys GF is way worse than a black man being called boy especially someone who has lived a privileged life. Or do you want me to try that out with your new wife? And i did turn the other check, I just said fuck off. Blake tried to get in a fight in the stands because he's a delicate snowflake. His response should be, I'm a elite athlete and multi-millionaire, what you got?

Yes, physically taking someone's basketball is worse than saying words. They are trying to instigate a physically confrontation.

The clerks was just to illustrate people of all colors are assholes. i actually find the story funny and it's fun to tell.

And all your attempt at humor shows what happened to Griffin was actually nothing. He's probably experienced less bigotry than i have. :lol: Poor Blake!!!

Note: i said bigotry because Thinktank would inevitably come back with, white people can't experience racism, it's institutional. I know your playbook.

Note 2: This reminds me of the Bill Burr bit about how if a wife cuts off a man's penis in the middle of the night, it's a punch line, no one cares. If a man cut off a woman's breast, there would be a national day of mourning, discussion panels, a new federal agency created to address the issue.
Plenty of men have cut off women's tits. They're called serial killers, they're almost always men, and there are far more of them than there are Lorena Bobbits.

Women are not committing violent crime in even remotely similar numbers as men.

I feel like you really struggle to understand the world around you.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:04 pm
t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:31 pm This is why black people love me so much and they can't stand you fucks.

Soy boy? Like, we eat soybean products and that's a negative?

There's something bad about consuming the number two largest crop in America?
SoyBoy as in you drink soy milk which has estrogen and makes you grow bitch tits.

Listen I'm not in the mood anymore for hurling insults so I take it back if it hurt anyone's feelings. I actually like you dd even though we disagree with just about everything across the board. Maybe it's because of your amazing profile pic. I'm done here.
Last edited by t_wrex on Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:08 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Congratulations.

Sincerely,

Plenty of men have cut off women's tits. They're called serial killers, they're almost always men, and there are far more of them than there are Lorena Bobbits.

Women are not committing violent crime in even remotely similar numbers as men.

I feel like you really struggle to understand the world around you.
Really, really bad comparison. That's like saying why are the shootings in Chicago getting so little publicity and the mass shootings are all over the news, they are both gun violence. You need to get a grip on reality and how it works.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

This video speaks of Australia's ignorance in such a comment too. (mind you, this is very old)

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:37 pm This video speaks of Australia's ignorance in such a comment too. (mind you, this is very old)

Ali handled it well. Didn't like being called boy, but didn't jump to the wild conclusion that the host was up there trying to be deliberately racist.

Ali believed in segregation too. Wasn't right about everything.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

And here all this time I thought Griffin was a ginger balls.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Reading through all the posts here, I feel a need to interject. Polichat is coming into WC and that is not something we want to happen. We discuss Wolves Ball here because WE ARE ALL WOLVES FANS. This chat group is an inclusive group that does not sling insults at each other - unless its a dreadful take. If we want to start berating each other, take it to polichat.

Maybe this discussion does need to be brought here because people want to vent without speaking to some of the polichat officianados, but this particular section of RC is meant to be respectful, so please don't let this thread denigrate into anything resembling polichat.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:37 pm This video speaks of Australia's ignorance in such a comment too. (mind you, this is very old)

Ali handled it well. Didn't like being called boy, but didn't jump to the wild conclusion that the host was up there trying to be deliberately racist.

Black people were not out of line for wanting segregation. The white man was a threat. Black people were never a threat to the white man. It was just in his devilish nature.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I'm going to just go watch The Jeffersons.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:13 pm
t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Black people were not out of line for wanting segregation. The white man was a threat. Black people were never a threat to the white man. It was just in his devilish nature.
Lol.

So was he right?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm Reading through all the posts here, I feel a need to interject. Polichat is coming into WC and that is not something we want to happen. We discuss Wolves Ball here because WE ARE ALL WOLVES FANS. This chat group is an inclusive group that does not sling insults at each other - unless its a dreadful take. If we want to start berating each other, take it to polichat.

Maybe this discussion does need to be brought here because people want to vent without speaking to some of the polichat officianados, but this particular section of RC is meant to be respectful, so please don't let this thread denigrate into anything resembling polichat.
Fuck off!!!

- Isaac Asimov