Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Timberwolves Fan Called Blake Griffin ‘boy’

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Re: Timberwolves Fan Called Blake Griffin ‘boy’

Post by t_wrex »

LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm Reading through all the posts here, I feel a need to interject. Polichat is coming into WC and that is not something we want to happen. We discuss Wolves Ball here because WE ARE ALL WOLVES FANS. This chat group is an inclusive group that does not sling insults at each other - unless its a dreadful take. If we want to start berating each other, take it to polichat.

Maybe this discussion does need to be brought here because people want to vent without speaking to some of the polichat officianados, but this particular section of RC is meant to be respectful, so please don't let this thread denigrate into anything resembling polichat.
Eat shit fascist pig!!
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:19 am It's getting hard to keep up with what's considered racist and what isn't.

Boy is such a common word that it's almost a stretch to say the guy who said it was racist.

Who's racist and goes to nba games? Does the guy hate everyone on the team but Dario?

Every day there's something new added to the list of things not to say to black people. You can't even call a black person smart without some expert calling you racist for it. It's overwhelming as fuck.

It can cause people to avoid black people altogether since that's the only way to not be called a racist. Makes people not even hire them.

Thanks for curing racism, libs!
Are you kidding me :lol:
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:21 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm Reading through all the posts here, I feel a need to interject. Polichat is coming into WC and that is not something we want to happen. We discuss Wolves Ball here because WE ARE ALL WOLVES FANS. This chat group is an inclusive group that does not sling insults at each other - unless its a dreadful take. If we want to start berating each other, take it to polichat.

Maybe this discussion does need to be brought here because people want to vent without speaking to some of the polichat officianados, but this particular section of RC is meant to be respectful, so please don't let this thread denigrate into anything resembling polichat.
Eat shit fascist pig!!
I kid I kid.

I somewhat agree but it is wolves related and before clicking on this thread you had to know it was gonna get polichatty pretty quick.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

You guys :lol:
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Something tells me the reason this person said "boy" was not because he had just played 60 hours Kratos saying boy constantly in God of War.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:51 pmYou guys :lol:
Everyone came together just like you asked.

To shit on your post :lol:
Spoiler:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

TrueBlue wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:59 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:51 pmYou guys :lol:
Everyone came together just like you asked.

To shit on your post :lol:
If that's what it takes ;)
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

A big portion of me doesn't believe players when they claim racism, I think it is a way to cover their asses and retaliate against hecklers when they lose their composer. And frankly they should not give two shits what a fan is saying. Athletes are some coddled creatures. If you can't handle boy, you are mentally weak.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

I've sat courstside twice when we've played against Blake as a Clipper I will admit while I didn't call him boy I did say I don't care how rich you are your still ugly. I know I'm a bad person... but at least I spoke the truth am I right?
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:03 pm
Seenin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:43 am
t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:19 am It's getting hard to keep up with what's considered racist and what isn't.

Boy is such a common word that it's almost a stretch to say the guy who said it was racist.

Who's racist and goes to nba games? Does the guy hate everyone on the team but Dario?

Every day there's something new added to the list of things not to say to black people. You can't even call a black person smart without some expert calling you racist for it. It's overwhelming as fuck.

It can cause people to avoid black people altogether since that's the only way to not be called a racist. Makes people not even hire them.

Thanks for curing racism, libs!
You dont have to be racists to yell a racist term at someone to get under their skin. Either way its stupid to do and it motivates them to beat us in which they did that game. There is no room for that type of language in that setting.
I think you're splitting a hair that isn't there.

To a black guy, what's the difference between a racist calling him "boy" and a guy who is just "trying to get under their skin?" Both are using known racist terms to be hurtful. What is the real difference between someone who is racist and someone who thinks that racism is okay if you're trying to get someone off their game? Is it okay to be racist to help your team win a basketball game? If you think that, aren't you okay with racism? Is that any different from being an overt racist?
Some people say really stupid things sometimes in the heat of a sporting event and hurtful comments can come from it. That doesnt make them necessarily a racist in my opinion. In the end its not cool to say something like that wether its to get under skin or to intentionally hurt someone and more importantly its really just not needed in our society.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Seenin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:09 am
Seenin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:43 am

You dont have to be racists to yell a racist term at someone to get under their skin. Either way its stupid to do and it motivates them to beat us in which they did that game. There is no room for that type of language in that setting.

To a black guy, what's the difference between a racist calling him "boy" and a guy who is just "trying to get under their skin?" Both are using known racist terms to be hurtful. What is the real difference between someone who is racist and someone who thinks that racism is okay if you're trying to get someone off their game? Is it okay to be racist to help your team win a basketball game? If you think that, aren't you okay with racism? Is that any different from being an overt racist?
Some people say really stupid things sometimes in the heat of a sporting event and hurtful comments can come from it. That doesnt make them necessarily a racist in my opinion. In the end its not cool to say something like that wether its to get under skin or to intentionally hurt someone and more importantly its really just not needed in our society.
I’ve heckled black athletes at sporting events. Sometimes viciously. I remember calling Kobe Bryant a rapist at a game once.

I’ve even been drunk at a sporting event and heckled black players.

But I’ve never said anything racist to them. I think you’re making excuses for what is just simply unacceptable and racist behavior.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:15 am

I’ve heckled black athletes at sporting events. Sometimes viciously. I remember calling Kobe Bryant a rapist at a game once.

But I’ve never said anything racist to them. I think you’re making excuses for what is just simply unacceptable and racist behavior.
Joboo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:38 pm I've sat courstside twice when we've played against Blake as a Clipper I will admit while I didn't call him boy I did say I don't care how rich you are your still ugly. I know I'm a bad person... but at least I spoke the truth am I right?

See, this is what I struggle with. It's wrong to call a black man a boy because slave owners and racist used to always call them boys, right?

Did slave owners and racist not also call them ugly and rapists?

It's only a matter of time before these terms are declared racist, and then we get to all look back and look at the above posts as a very dark time is US history when this kind of racism was allowed. Ignorance is no excuse!

That's why I say, it's dangerous to call every possible insult towards a black person racist. As an employer, how can you possibly be willing to hire black people if every time a manager gives them any shit it's a potential lawsuit? You think you're helping black people but you're not.

My dad owns a construction business, hired a lady, some jackass makes sexual comments and BAM 50,000 dollar settlement goes right out of his pocket. Now he's scared to hire women. He can't just decide to not hire men either.. It's construction.

Sticks and stones, people!
T_J

Post by T_J »

I yelled to Chris Bosh in the tunnel when he was with Miami that KG owns him. Is that bad?
larryhagmansliver

Post by larryhagmansliver »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:19 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:13 pm "I'm not racist, I have black friends."

Classic.
Unlike liberal soy boys, I don't have black friends just to make myself feel more multicultural and all that shit. My black friends are sucker-free, and if you knew more black people you would probably understand that some black people actually choose to enjoy their life and not get bent out of shape over overblown race shit.

Sorry to disappoint you.
Showed your hand a little early :lol:
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:33 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:04 pm
t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:31 pm This is why black people love me so much and they can't stand you fucks.

It annoys them when you over-befriend them, never argue with them, over-laugh at their jokes, over-sympathize for them, you come across like a desperate as fuck dude approaching a hot chick. It's fake, they sense it and they don't bother ever hanging out with your annoying soy boy ass.

They all know I voted for Trump too. Gave me some shit for it, but they still love me.
Soy boy? Like, we eat soybean products and that's a negative?

There's something bad about consuming the number two largest crop in America?
SoyBoy as in you drink soy milk which has estrogen and makes you grow bitch tits.

Listen I'm not in the mood anymore for hurling insults so I take it back if it hurt anyone's feelings. I actually like you dd even though we disagree with just about everything across the board. Maybe it's because of your amazing profile pic. I'm done here.
I don't think it makes men grow boobs. Is that proven? And, anyway, it'd be really difficult to avoid eating soy since it is basically ubiquitous in food products sold around the world at this point.

I'd assume the people who drink soy milk do so because of a dairy allergy.

Weird thing to insult someone over. Glad you like me, though. That brightened my day. :)
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
DonaldDouchebag

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:33 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:08 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:52 pm

I was being facetious but you never pickup on those things so I forgive you as it wasn't blatantly obviously.

My point is, they are all insults but trashing a guys GF is way worse than a black man being called boy especially someone who has lived a privileged life. Or do you want me to try that out with your new wife? And i did turn the other check, I just said fuck off. Blake tried to get in a fight in the stands because he's a delicate snowflake. His response should be, I'm a elite athlete and multi-millionaire, what you got?

Yes, physically taking someone's basketball is worse than saying words. They are trying to instigate a physically confrontation.

The clerks was just to illustrate people of all colors are assholes. i actually find the story funny and it's fun to tell.

And all your attempt at humor shows what happened to Griffin was actually nothing. He's probably experienced less bigotry than i have. :lol: Poor Blake!!!

Note: i said bigotry because Thinktank would inevitably come back with, white people can't experience racism, it's institutional. I know your playbook.

Note 2: This reminds me of the Bill Burr bit about how if a wife cuts off a man's penis in the middle of the night, it's a punch line, no one cares. If a man cut off a woman's breast, there would be a national day of mourning, discussion panels, a new federal agency created to address the issue.
Plenty of men have cut off women's tits. They're called serial killers, they're almost always men, and there are far more of them than there are Lorena Bobbits.

Women are not committing violent crime in even remotely similar numbers as men.

I feel like you really struggle to understand the world around you.
Really, really bad comparison. That's like saying why are the shootings in Chicago getting so little publicity and the mass shootings are all over the news, they are both gun violence. You need to get a grip on reality and how it works.
The reality is that its extremely rare for a woman to sexually mutilate a man which is why the John Bobbit case was such big news. Women do not usually do shit like that. And the guy survived. When men go to work on a woman's body with a knife she's dead.

But continue to believe the white male is some delicate, endangered species, I guess. Cool outlook.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:05 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:33 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:08 pm
Plenty of men have cut off women's tits. They're called serial killers, they're almost always men, and there are far more of them than there are Lorena Bobbits.

Women are not committing violent crime in even remotely similar numbers as men.

I feel like you really struggle to understand the world around you.
Really, really bad comparison. That's like saying why are the shootings in Chicago getting so little publicity and the mass shootings are all over the news, they are both gun violence. You need to get a grip on reality and how it works.
The reality is that its extremely rare for a woman to sexually mutilate a man which is why the John Bobbit case was such big news. Women do not usually do shit like that. And the guy survived. When men go to work on a woman's body with a knife she's dead.

But continue to believe the white male is some delicate, endangered species, I guess. Cool outlook.
I will say, looking back on it, that there were a lot of jokes at Mr. Bobbit’s expense that seem cruel in hindsight for a victim of a horrible assault.

But your point in a macro sense is absolutely correct.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

How did we get to dick choppin?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

One of the guys on my softball team called a black guy a peasant... the black guy went ape shit cause he thought he was being racist... but he calls everyone a peasant.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Seenin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:09 am

I once yelled at a ref "I respectfully disagree with that call" ...I am a nice heckler
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Seenin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:28 am How did we get to dick choppin?
Don't act like you didn't see that coming.
Spoiler:
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am One of the guys on my softball team called a black guy a peasant... the black guy went ape shit cause he thought he was being racist... but he calls everyone a peasant.
DonaldDouchebag

t_wrex wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:11 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am One of the guys on my softball team called a black guy a peasant... the black guy went ape shit cause he thought he was being racist... but he calls everyone a peasant.
"Oh, you called me a pissant? Oh, okay. No problem then." :)
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

t_wrex wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:29 am

Joboo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:38 pm I've sat courstside twice when we've played against Blake as a Clipper I will admit while I didn't call him boy I did say I don't care how rich you are your still ugly. I know I'm a bad person... but at least I spoke the truth am I right?

See, this is what I struggle with. It's wrong to call a black man a boy because slave owners and racist used to always call them boys, right?

Did slave owners and racist not also call them ugly and rapists?

It's only a matter of time before these terms are declared racist, and then we get to all look back and look at the above posts as a very dark time is US history when this kind of racism was allowed. Ignorance is no excuse!

That's why I say, it's dangerous to call every possible insult towards a black person racist. As an employer, how can you possibly be willing to hire black people if every time a manager gives them any shit it's a potential lawsuit? You think you're helping black people but you're not.

My dad owns a construction business, hired a lady, some jackass makes sexual comments and BAM 50,000 dollar settlement goes right out of his pocket. Now he's scared to hire women. He can't just decide to not hire men either.. It's construction.

Sticks and stones, people!
A little off tangent but on topic. The New Zealand rugby side, the Canterbury Crusaders - probably the best club side in the world - is seriously looking to change its name from Crusaders because it is offending some members of the Muslim after the Christchurch massacre. Mind you, the team is based in Christchurch.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-20/ ... s/10919434

I don't know, is there a line a line to all of this? The Blake Griffin one I say IS offensive. This Crusaders one I don't think so? But am I even allowed to have such an opinion?
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am the black guy went ape shit cause he thought he was being racist...
Did nobody notice this?

If PB said this on ESPN he would be pitchforked into oblivion.

And he's not racist.

But if any of us came to his defense we'd get pitchforked too. The self righteous left loves to act like unintentionally racist comments are just as bad as intentionally racist comments. They're not.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:10 pm
thinktank wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:58 pm
t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:51 pmThe guy probably doesn't know a lot of black people, calls his white friends boy, and because he treats white and black people EQUALLY, figured it would be no thing. Isn't that what equality is?
First off, I like all of your assumptions. Good stuff.

Second, no, equality takes context into account. Equality IS NOT literally the same thing for everyone.
I concede.

I just feel like hypersensitivity causes a discomfort between the races. I have a few black friends but the black friends I choose to have are not obsessed with race. I can be myself around them. Whenever Im hanging out with a race-obsessed black guy I feel like I have to be fake in order to get along with them. I find myself worried that I might accidentally say something that can be twisted as racist, now he hates me, tells everyone else I'm racist, all that shit.

Like I can call my white and black friends stupid. It's fun. If I'm with someone with their racism antennas up, not a chance.

I had a black girlfriend for a couple years. We never once talked about race.
LOL You had a black girlfriend and you never once talked about race, sounds awfully convenient for you. That's bullshit of course either that or you didn't care about her given how being black probably shapes every interaction she has with other people.

If it was an issue you cared about it'd be pretty easy to avoid saying something that could "be twisted as racist". You're aware that people use racist dog whistles? That puts black people in a spot where people sometimes have to guess at what people mean because believe it or not, not everyone acts in honest faith.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

t_wrex wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:40 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am the black guy went ape shit cause he thought he was being racist...
Did nobody notice this?

If PB said this on ESPN he would be pitchforked into oblivion.

And he's not racist.

But if any of us came to his defense we'd get pitchforked too. The self righteous left loves to act like unintentionally racist comments are just as bad as intentionally racist comments. They're not.
He's using a racist dog whistle to insult people like you, you imbecile. LOL
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:44 pm
t_wrex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:10 pm
thinktank wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:58 pm

First off, I like all of your assumptions. Good stuff.

Second, no, equality takes context into account. Equality IS NOT literally the same thing for everyone.
I concede.

I just feel like hypersensitivity causes a discomfort between the races. I have a few black friends but the black friends I choose to have are not obsessed with race. I can be myself around them. Whenever Im hanging out with a race-obsessed black guy I feel like I have to be fake in order to get along with them. I find myself worried that I might accidentally say something that can be twisted as racist, now he hates me, tells everyone else I'm racist, all that shit.

Like I can call my white and black friends stupid. It's fun. If I'm with someone with their racism antennas up, not a chance.

I had a black girlfriend for a couple years. We never once talked about race.
LOL You had a black girlfriend and you never once talked about race, sounds awfully convenient for you. That's bullshit of course either that or you didn't care about her given how being black probably shapes every interaction she has with other people.
Ask her. She'll tell you she lives a normal life and not shit has anything to do with her being black. She doesn't fuckin care.

You're placing stereotypes on black people by implying they live in a world where every yes and no they get in life is because they're black.

It's 2019.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I dated a black girl once. We used to have crazy monkey sex.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:28 am I dated a black girl once. We used to have crazy monkey sex.
Tell us more...