Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Christian Wood anyone?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Christian Wood anyone?

Post by somuchyummy »

bucks just released him a day after the Freak tweeted glowingly about his work ethic and chances for success. the release was less about anything wood did and more about malcolm brogdon's injury and the need to add another PG to the roster (tim frazier).

anyway, I'd bump CJ off the roster tomorrow and add Wood to our roster if I could. I know we're not going anywhere this year, but it can't hurt to audition talent - especially when thru most of this season we've had only 4 legit bigs on the team (KAT, dieng, taj and saric). wood needs to bulk up, but there's no denying that there's talent there - plus the freak's report about his work ethic is telling.

at any rate, i had no idea about this till i looked it up - but the game has slowed down for him to the point that, as a Gleague player, he's been absolutely dominant this season. in 35 mpg over 28 games for the wisconsin herd this year, he averaged 29.3 ppg and 14.1 rpg with 2.2 bpg. make the call honchos.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Re: Christian Wood anyone?

Post by t_wrex »

I sure Woodn't!

:santadeer:
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:19 pm bucks just released him a day after the Freak tweeted glowingly about his work ethic and chances for success. the release was less about anything wood did and more about malcolm brogdon's injury and the need to add another PG to the roster (tim frazier).

anyway, I'd bump CJ off the roster tomorrow and add Wood to our roster if I could. I know we're not going anywhere this year, but it can't hurt to audition talent - especially when thru most of this season we've had only 4 legit bigs on the team (KAT, dieng, taj and saric). wood needs to bulk up, but there's no denying that there's talent there - plus the freak's report about his work ethic is telling.

at any rate, i had no idea about this till i looked it up - but the game has slowed down for him to the point that, as a Gleague player, he's been absolutely dominant this season. in 35 mpg over 28 games for the wisconsin herd this year, he averaged 29.3 ppg and 14.1 rpg with 2.2 bpg. make the call honchos.
I don't think our current executive is interested in doing anything forward thinking or dynamic. But yea we absolutely should be taking chances on guys like him.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

If I could, Wood you?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
witljon

Post by witljon »

Never heard of him....
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

he was undrafted in 2015 out of UNLV. 6-11 PF with a 7-3 wingspan. needs to add strength, but seems to be putting it together a bit after a few years bouncing around the league. 29 and 14 this year in 28 games in the Gleague. for a team like us - light on bigs and in need of finding bargains with both wigs and towns contracts kicking in together next year - it's not the worst idea to offer the guy a minimum end of season contract to see if he fits. if the freak likes him, that's enough for me. he's only played in a total of 43 NBA games, but to put it into context - ryan saunders is our number one de facto HC candidate going into next season, and he's only been at the helm for 30 NBA games.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Yes. I'd release Bayless and bring in Wood. Could be an interesting piece next season.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Don't you have to get married first?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:58 am If I could, Wood you?
Nice.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it's almost never a bad idea to fish for new cheap talent. houston's looking pretty smart right now with danuel house. he's actually a big part of their rotation - the kind of play he provides. they're paying him $325,000 this year. undrafted in 2016.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:05 am it's almost never a bad idea to fish for new cheap talent. houston's looking pretty smart right now with danuel house. he's actually a big part of their rotation - the kind of play he provides. they're paying him $325,000 this year. undrafted in 2016.
He was killing it in the Gleague last year for a stretch. Still super young. Still super long. Having CJ still on the roster is just baffling. There are probably 30 guys like Wood we should be taking a chance on.
T_J

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

and.... of course... new orleans snags wood off waivers in one day's time. they dropped jason smith to make room for him. it's just too bad that we don't have any players on our roster whose contracts are expiring this year and we know at this point that we're not looking to renew them. if only!