Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cameron Reynolds

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
witljon

Cameron Reynolds

Post by witljon »

After a couple of 10 game contracts, the Wolves have decided they like what they see in Cam Reynolds. They've signed him to a multi-year contract. Terms not yet available. With 2 max contracts and Gorgui and Teague's big salaries, this could provide some quality low cost depth. He can hit the three and at 6-8, defend multiple positions.
thinktank

Re: Cameron Reynolds

Post by thinktank »

witljon wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:10 am After a couple of 10 game contracts, the Wolves have decided they like what they see in Cam Reynolds. They've signed him to a multi-year contract. Terms not yet available. With 2 max contracts and Gorgui and Teague's big salaries, this could provide some quality low cost depth. He can hit the three and at 6-8, defend multiple positions.
From what I’ve seen he cannot pay attention enough to defend one position, let alone multiple positions.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i like what i've seen so far for a deep bench guy. it also means we can use our second rounder on a different position. :beer:
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Well the bigger thing here is that depending on which side you sit on the fence for hiring Ryan, this says a lot.

The information that Ryan liked the kid a lot and saw a role for him on his team and offense going forward is why they gave him a contract kind of tells me he’s already a lock for the Head Coaching job.

From what I’ve seen of the new guy he can actually reliably shoot from deep, the Wolves need that.....lots of that.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Whether or not he turns out to be worth it or not, I like that we utilized our gleague team to try and find a diamond in the rough as opposed just using our gleague for rehabs assignments or 10 day assignments because someone got injured,
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:02 am Well the bigger thing here is that depending on which side you sit on the fence for hiring Ryan, this says a lot.

The information that Ryan liked the kid a lot and saw a role for him on his team and offense going forward is why they gave him a contract kind of tells me he’s already a lock for the Head Coaching job.

From what I’ve seen of the new guy he can actually reliably shoot from deep, the Wolves need that.....lots of that.

What? The guy had one good game. Otherwise, not great shooting percentages if you're trying to say something about him now. Maybe he'll pick it up.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:09 am
witljon wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:10 am After a couple of 10 game contracts, the Wolves have decided they like what they see in Cam Reynolds. They've signed him to a multi-year contract. Terms not yet available. With 2 max contracts and Gorgui and Teague's big salaries, this could provide some quality low cost depth. He can hit the three and at 6-8, defend multiple positions.
From what I’ve seen he cannot pay attention enough to defend one position, let alone multiple positions.
from what i've seen, he does alright. seems very engaged defensively. and keep in mind that he's really in the steep part of his learning curve. he's been with the team for less than a month - plus had little nba experience before that.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I saw him giving up backdoor cuts. That’s basic stuff. But his story isn’t over.
j2j

Post by j2j »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:02 am Well the bigger thing here is that depending on which side you sit on the fence for hiring Ryan, this says a lot.

This is what I got out of the signing. I haven't watched a game since before Christmas.

But I'll be there on Tuesday! With better seats than Unfadeable! ;-)

That's the froob that posts pictures, right?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
witljon

Post by witljon »

thinktank wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:00 pm I saw him giving up backdoor cuts. That’s basic stuff. But his story isn’t over.
That sounds like Derrick Rose.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

witljon wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:34 pm
thinktank wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:00 pm I saw him giving up backdoor cuts. That’s basic stuff. But his story isn’t over.
That sounds like Derrick Rose.
that's what i was thinking. who hasn't given up a backdoor cut on our team this year?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Well we're actually using all of our roster spots for once so that's something. Using it on another wing and not a big makes no sense but hey.............half a win is a win for this shitbird lead team.
MinnesotaDr

Post by MinnesotaDr »

Could this mean Layden is staying with the team!?!?
witljon

Post by witljon »

MinnesotaDr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:28 pm Could this mean Layden is staying with the team!?!?
No, it means Reynolds is staying with the team.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I would take Michael Beasley or Randy Foye rather than their love child 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.