Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

This season's scapegoat should be Robert Covington

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
DonaldDouchebag

Re: This season's scapegoat should be Robert Covington

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:41 pm
64DegreeWedge wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Fans and coaches thought he was being soft. Seems pretty similar here. Fans and coaches telling players how their bodies should feel.
Ah. Agreed there. Definitely the same weird fan behavior.
Not really. He said nothing as he prepared to sue and the Vikes said nothing as they prepared to settle. What was everyone supposed to think? We fucked up his surgery and both sides are keeping it quiet? Who thinks that?
Zimmer publicly spoke out on Sharif lamenting his inability to get back on the field. Sharif publicly blasted the way he was treated by the Vikings on Twitter. Seems like you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Wolves went from 26th in defense (going by memory and some twitter post), got Bob, was top 5 when healthy.

Towns has us at a top 5 offense right now with garbage around him.

Combine those two!!!!!!!!!!
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:58 pm Wolves went from 26th in defense (going by memory and some twitter post), got Bob, was top 5 when healthy.

Towns has us at a top 5 offense right now with garbage around him.

Combine those two!!!!!!!!!!
:drinky:
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:47 am
t_wrex wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:03 pm I call bullshit on this goddamn fraud and piece of shit of a human being.

I hope cov gets paralyzed in a car accident as karma to faking an injury and wasting millions of dollars and millions of people's time.

What a fuckin piece of fairytale candy cane ass melt.
Time to seek professional help.
this. twrex's comment is disturbing to say the least. hopes he gets paralyzed in a car accident??!?!? fucking A, dude - get a grip.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
BBG

Post by BBG »

t_wrex wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:03 pm

I hope cov gets paralyzed in a car accident as karma to faking an injury and wasting millions of dollars and millions of people's time.

What a fuckin piece of fairytale candy cane ass melt.
:lol:

I fucking love t wrex :clap:

Gibby of the month worthy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Bone bruise my azz....I was the first to smell a rat and some mocked me. Who's laughing now?!?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Hornets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:08 pm Bone bruise my azz....I was the first to smell a rat and some mocked me. Who's laughing now?!?
I totally thought you were just being a ****. And maybe you were, but you were absolutely right and the first to call it. Excellent journalism
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

t_wrex wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:51 am
Hornets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:08 pm Bone bruise my azz....I was the first to smell a rat and some mocked me. Who's laughing now?!?
I totally thought you were just being a ****. And maybe you were, but you were absolutely right and the first to call it. Excellent journalism
I've been around the block a few times when it comes to the local sports scene....I'm no Doogie Howser but a bone bruise, even a bad one shouldn't keep a world class athlete out for this long. Not sure why RoCo is pulling this, guess he realized he was now a part of the NBA's worst team ever and decided to milk things....and get paid to do it!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Hornets wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:27 pm
I've been around the block a few times when it comes to the local sports scene....I'm no Doogie Howser but a bone bruise, even a bad one shouldn't keep a world class athlete out for this long. Not sure why RoCo is pulling this, guess he realized he was now a part of the NBA's worst team ever and decided to milk things....and get paid to do it!
If anything is the exact opposite. The levels of stress that the knee joint has to take is so much more than an everyday person recovering from the same injury. It's why ACL's take way longer for a player to return to the floor whereas an everyday person can be up and walking around and function relatively well a few months after the surgery.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 pm

If anything is the exact opposite. The levels of stress that the knee joint has to take is so much more than an everyday person recovering from the same injury. It's why ACL's take way longer for a player to return to the floor whereas an everyday person can be up and walking around and function relatively well a few months after the surgery.
For the sake of plausibility Abe, please ban this nutjob.

It's at the point where it's just getting way too out of hand here.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This trade was absolutely terrible and I have been saying it from day 1.

Saric is worthless. RoCo played a handful of games.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:09 pm This trade was absolutely terrible and I have been saying it from day 1.

Saric is worthless. RoCo played a handful of games.
Gotta look long term. RoCo, before he had that freak injury, had a really high impact on this team.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:54 pm

Looks like he might have tried coming back too soon and
reaggravated it.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:19 pm
t_wrex wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:54 pm

Looks like he might have tried coming back too soon and
reaggravated it.
I was over it.
Thanks for reaggravating me.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

He's holding out...

Minneapolis-St. Paul – The Minnesota Timberwolves announced forward Robert Covington underwent a successful diagnostic arthroscopic procedure this morning with debridement and removal of loose bodies in his right knee. The surgery was performed at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. by Timberwolves Team Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Diane Dahm of Mayo Clinic. Covington will remain out indefinitely and further updates to his progress will be issued when available.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Back to the real topic at hand, Wiggins really should be the scapegoat. The guy is a max player, and he is showing little of impact that a max player should have on the game. We keep hearing about how great he is in practice, but he needs to do it when it matters.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:41 pm He's holding out...

Minneapolis-St. Paul – The Minnesota Timberwolves announced forward Robert Covington underwent a successful diagnostic arthroscopic procedure this morning with debridement and removal of loose bodies in his right knee. The surgery was performed at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. by Timberwolves Team Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Diane Dahm of Mayo Clinic. Covington will remain out indefinitely and further updates to his progress will be issued when available.
More on this...
After missing the past 40 games, Minnesota Timberwolves forward Robert Covington underwent surgery on his right knee on Monday morning, the team announced.

Covington has played in just 22 games for the Timberwolves this season, where he was landed as part of the blockbuster trade that sent Jimmy Butler to the Philadelphia 76ers in November. Covington injured his right knee in their December 31 game against New Orleans, and hasn’t played since.

The injury was initially called a bone bruise but he started experiencing swelling in the knee joint, which prolonged his recovery. The “diagnostic arthroscopic procedure” he underwent on Monday included the debridement and removal of loose bodies in his knee. The team did not offer a timetable for his recovery, though he had already been ruled out for the remainder of the season before the surgery.

Covington averaged 14.5 points and 5.7 rebounds in his 22 games with Minnesota this year. He put up 12.6 points and 5.4 rebounds last year with the 76ers, his last full season.

The Timberwolves currently sit with a 34-42 record with just six games left, and are set to miss the postseason. Minnesota has been hit with multiple key injuries late this season. Guard Derrick Rose underwent season-ending elbow surgery last month after an MRI revealed he had a chip fracture and loose body in his right elbow. Jeff Teague re-aggravated a left foot injury that sidelined him earlier in the year late last month, too, landing the guard in a walking boot.
Spoiler:
D_H

Post by D_H »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:44 am

More on this...
After missing the past 40 games, Minnesota Timberwolves forward Robert Covington underwent surgery on his right knee on Monday morning, the team announced.

Covington has played in just 22 games for the Timberwolves this season, where he was landed as part of the blockbuster trade that sent Jimmy Butler to the Philadelphia 76ers in November. Covington injured his right knee in their December 31 game against New Orleans, and hasn’t played since.

The injury was initially called a bone bruise but he started experiencing swelling in the knee joint, which prolonged his recovery. The “diagnostic arthroscopic procedure” he underwent on Monday included the debridement and removal of loose bodies in his knee. The team did not offer a timetable for his recovery, though he had already been ruled out for the remainder of the season before the surgery.

Covington averaged 14.5 points and 5.7 rebounds in his 22 games with Minnesota this year. He put up 12.6 points and 5.4 rebounds last year with the 76ers, his last full season.

The Timberwolves currently sit with a 34-42 record with just six games left, and are set to miss the postseason. Minnesota has been hit with multiple key injuries late this season. Guard Derrick Rose underwent season-ending elbow surgery last month after an MRI revealed he had a chip fracture and loose body in his right elbow. Jeff Teague re-aggravated a left foot injury that sidelined him earlier in the year late last month, too, landing the guard in a walking boot.
Too bad RoCo is a good dude. Speedy recovery and come back at full strength for next year!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:44 am

More on this...

Nice cover-up by the doctors, media and Wolves press, we've been told on authority that he's holding out and hates the Wolves and really hates the state too.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:03 am
Sally 2.0 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:44 am

More on this...

Nice cover-up by the doctors, media and Wolves press, we've been told on authority that he's holding out and hates the Wolves and really hates the state too.
Pretty sure he also mentioned that KAT, Tyus, and even Ricky Rubio are his mortal enemies.

Also - he's bffs with Wiggs
Spoiler:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

the way i understand it, roco was the hitman in bill and hillary's unsolved murder spree. it only makes sense.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.