Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Western Conference Playoff Chase Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Will the Wolves Make the Playoffs

Yes, we are getting healthy and we believe
32%
No, we are too inconsistent
68%

Total votes: 38

UnFadeable21

Re: *** Western Conference Playoff Chase Thread ***

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Lol at thrill and Moses lmao
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:21 am
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:20 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:16 am

For me personally, you're a homo. :lol: :mrgreen:
Shining example of you intellect, maturity, and basketball knowledge rolled in to one well thought out response.

You must be the king of the 3rd grade.
Lighten up Francis.
Said the guy on a tirade so big and wide he needed to embed a bigger font and attack an entire generation. But go ahead and pretend it's not you freaking out and being mocked by me.

But no real shock a millennial like you can't pay attention long enough to get that.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:41 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:21 am
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:20 am
Shining example of you intellect, maturity, and basketball knowledge rolled in to one well thought out response.

You must be the king of the 3rd grade.
Lighten up Francis.
Said the guy on a tirade so big and wide he needed to embed a bigger font and attack an entire generation. But go ahead and pretend it's not you freaking out and being mocked by me.

But no real shock a millennial like you can't pay attention long enough to get that.
Haha, millennial and tirade. Wrong on both accounts. See who's typed more words. Good try though!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

6 wins out of 7th. No way we make that up. But 5 wins out of 8th but that's held by LAC and no way they don't start tanking. They are going to remake their whole team and no reason to win with this one when it would cost them a lotto pick. So we are 3 wins out of 8th with a collapsing LAL and SAC to contend with. If we can get on a little run while SAC is integrating their new guys we might have a shot.

Might want to win a road game though. The second I'm a legit 5 games out of 8th though it's time to play for next year. Not tank but play who will be here in 2 years not who will be on other teams by summer.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Ryan Saunders said Tyus is back with the team and will play Friday.

He also said RoCo will miss the Knicks and Bucks game but should be back after that.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:23 pm Ryan Saunders said Tyus is back with the team and will play Friday.

He also said RoCo will miss the Knicks and Bucks game but should be back after that.
We Commin’ We Commin’
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:06 pm 6 wins out of 7th. No way we make that up. But 5 wins out of 8th but that's held by LAC and no way they don't start tanking. They are going to remake their whole team and no reason to win with this one when it would cost them a lotto pick. So we are 3 wins out of 8th with a collapsing LAL and SAC to contend with. If we can get on a little run while SAC is integrating their new guys we might have a shot.

Might want to win a road game though. The second I'm a legit 5 games out of 8th though it's time to play for next year. Not tank but play who will be here in 2 years not who will be on other teams by summer.
Meh, I don't think the LAC will tank. I don't think they want a pick in this draft if they can help it. Weak draft. Better to not have the cap-hold for a push in FA. They will try and make the playoffs is my guess.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:37 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:06 pm 6 wins out of 7th. No way we make that up. But 5 wins out of 8th but that's held by LAC and no way they don't start tanking. They are going to remake their whole team and no reason to win with this one when it would cost them a lotto pick. So we are 3 wins out of 8th with a collapsing LAL and SAC to contend with. If we can get on a little run while SAC is integrating their new guys we might have a shot.

Meh, I don't think the LAC will tank. I don't think they want a pick in this draft if they can help it. Weak draft. Better to not have the cap-hold for a push in FA. They will try and make the playoffs is my guess.
It doesn't seem like they are tanking but they did get a really good package with future assets for Harris (who they might have felt like wasn't going to stay).
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The following is a Minnesota Timberwolves Injury Report in advance of tomorrow’s game at New York:

OUT
Robert Covington – Right Knee Bone Bruise
Gorgui Dieng – Personal Reasons
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:08 pm

It doesn't seem like they are tanking but they did get a really good package with future assets for Harris (who they might have felt like wasn't going to stay).
Lac will tank because if they miss the playoffs, they get to keep their first round pick, add that with two max salary spots they will have this summer.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Lac will tank because if they miss the playoffs, they get to keep their first round pick, add that with two max salary spots they will have this summer.
Like I said I doubt they want the pick in a weak draft and would rather have the extra capspace.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Who cares if the clippers tank, the lakers will not miss the playoffs and take the clippers spot in the top 8. The league would literally leave hundreds of millions of dollars on the table if LeBron is not in the postseason. I would sit KAT and Covington the rest of the season to get a top 8 pick. Let Andrew average 25ppg on 35% shooting the rest of the year and hope you can get rid of him in the offseason.
BBG

Post by BBG »

LeBron has activated 'beast mode' so there goes our spot
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Wiggins must be feeling better. How unfortunate. But the bright side to that is that we can now work towards a higher draft pick.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Need the Rockets to take care of the Lakers tonight who are one game ahead of the Wolves for the chase of the 8th seed
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

The officials helped out the lakers big time last night. Zero chance LeBron misses playoffs
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

kilkenny wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:27 pm Wiggins must be feeling better. How unfortunate. But the bright side to that is that we can now work towards a higher draft pick.
"
wouldn't it be amazing if Wiggins found a "beast mode"? He had a baby beast mode against Cleveland his first couple of years in the league...
T_J

Post by T_J »

The projections on espn have 44 wins making the 8th seed. 17-8 aint happening. The schedule is brutal in March.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Ain't happening.

Start identifying the future players on this team, test lineups, see how it works.

Should be 3 players set in stone in the starting lineup for next year: Towns, Saric, Covington. Need to figure out the rest.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Damn Rockets choked the game last night. We needed them to beat LA
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:57 pm
Like I said I doubt they want the pick in a weak draft and would rather have the extra capspace.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:23 pm

They lost too much fire power. They won’t make it and can’t say it publically. They need that rookie contract especially since they are adding two max guys.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:11 pm

They lost too much fire power. They won’t make it and can’t say it publically. They need that rookie contract especially since they are adding two max guys.
Dude, they don't want the salary of a rookie player in a weak draft! Why is that hard to understand? Using that salary on a vet, title chaser would make more sense than a rookie. And they seem to agree with this common sense. And I think they have a good chance at making the playoffs, that doesn't mean they do, but it is not like they have great teams chasing them.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Dude, they don't want the salary of a rookie player in a weak draft! Why is that hard to understand? Using that salary on a vet, title chaser would make more sense than a rookie. And they seem to agree with this common sense. And I think they have a good chance at making the playoffs, that doesn't mean they do, but it is not like they have great teams chasing them.
$20 dollar friendly wager, clippers don’t make the playoffs.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:22 pm

I'm not sure they will either but flat out tanking isn't happening.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:25 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:22 pm

I'm not sure they will either but flat out tanking isn't happening.
Exactly.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

With last nights loss, the Wolves are at 4.5 back with 23 games to go.

We absolutely need to go 3-0 the next 3 games vs the Kings, Hawks, and Pacers.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:12 pm With last nights loss, the Wolves are at 4.5 back with 23 games to go.

Last time you said this they went 1-4.

Get on the tank with me l, Fade. :thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:13 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:12 pm With last nights loss, the Wolves are at 4.5 back with 23 games to go.

Last time you said this they went 1-4.

Get on the tank with me l, Fade. :thumbsup:
I cantttttt. Never been a negative rube. Gotta believe in each other that we can overcome this. 3-0 is definitely in the round of possibility.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

We lose to Sac we will be 4 games out of 9th and could be 5.5 out of 8th. This would be the first actual must win game. Lose and it's essentially over.