Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Western Conference Playoff Chase Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Will the Wolves Make the Playoffs

Yes, we are getting healthy and we believe
32%
No, we are too inconsistent
68%

Total votes: 38

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: *** Western Conference Playoff Chase Thread ***

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:50 am Damn Mavs and Luka couldn’t even beat the clippers last night
The Clippers are NOT tanking.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:14 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:01 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:31 pm
Got must win number 1 in impressive fashion. But come on. 3-0 on the road? Do we have 3 road wins all season? 2-1 would be freaking huge.
Those 3 teams are weak, we can definitely beat team. It will be tough but very doable
:lol: Try to remember what team you root for.
No olandipo for Pacers, Towns is much stronger than Turner and better. Taj and Thad will cancel each other out. Sabonis and Saric are like clones of each other. Sabonis better right now but similar skill set.

Collision is like Teague, when they flash they look like all stars but he’s inconsistent.

Hawks have been the surprise team this year. They have upset a lot of teams this year, Boston, Sixers, Lakers, and us. But if we are for real, we should be able to stomp them. The first time we lost was under Thibs, this time will be Ryan. Let’s roll

Wizards; no wall and no Howard. I like our chances. Our wolves, they do suck because they choke all the time but I really like the talent and energy our team haves right now. 2-1 at least but 3-0 has to happen.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

They need to go at least 5-2 over the next 7 games, preferably 6-1. Because starting March 13th it gets brutal. But the next 7 has some winnable games that you absolutely cannot drop.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:51 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:14 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:01 pm

Those 3 teams are weak, we can definitely beat team. It will be tough but very doable
:lol: Try to remember what team you root for.
No olandipo for Pacers, Towns is much stronger than Turner and better. Taj and Thad will cancel each other out. Sabonis and Saric are like clones of each other. Sabonis better right now but similar skill set.

Collision is like Teague, when they flash they look like all stars but he’s inconsistent.

Hawks have been the surprise team this year. They have upset a lot of teams this year, Boston, Sixers, Lakers, and us. But if we are for real, we should be able to stomp them. The first time we lost was under Thibs, this time will be Ryan. Let’s roll

Wizards; no wall and no Howard. I like our chances. Our wolves, they do suck because they choke all the time but I really like the talent and energy our team haves right now. 2-1 at least but 3-0 has to happen.
Yeah dude I know logic and basketball and players and stuff and things.

Oh and the Wolves. Who win about 1 out of 5 on the road for the last 30 years. Logic does not apply to this team. Why do we run off our best player? Why does Taylor not understand winning is how you get fans in the stands? Why is Towns garbage and Wigs good in the playoffs? Why do our PG's always get hurt? Trying to make sense of this team is impossible.

Believe me if we win these 3.......hell 2 of these 3 I'm going to be very bullish on our playoff chances. I'd probably bet on it. But I sure as shit am not betting on us wining 3 in a row on the road.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Towns, garbage in the playoffs? 2 bad games, one ok game, two excellent games. Sorry he wasn't providing MVP production in his first couple playoffs games. I know most young players absolutely kill it and don't have any nerves and don't need to learn a little.

Wiggins 15.8 ppg, towns 15.2. Wow!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:41 pm Towns, garbage in the playoffs? 2 bad games, one ok game, two excellent games. Sorry he wasn't providing MVP production in his first couple playoffs games. I know most young players absolutely kill it and don't have any nerves and don't need to learn a little.

Wiggins 15.8 ppg, towns 15.2. Wow!
Good god are you crying? I was just saying that of the 2 who would you think would play well and who would suck. And the other way we have a chance. But we are the Wolves and things work out that way.

Towns was awesome last night and his hair looked great. Feel better now?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Just pointing out you were wrong.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:53 pm Just pointing out you were wrong.
Really? What were Towns regular season averages? was it 15? No? How many games did he reach his average? Was it zero? How many games did he score 8 or less? was it 2? Did he get eaten alive on D? Did Wigs?

You have a strange view of the truth.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wolves lose

Spurs Win

We need the Bucks to beat the Kings and Jazz to beat the Clippers to stay 3 games out.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Need Pelicans to beat the Lakers too
populousample

Post by populousample »

It will take an epic run once/if ROCO comes back. Start studying the draft, we seem to be destined for the lottery.

This makes the decision with R Saunders difficult. He’s part of the CC so the Dwayne Casey’esk dismissal isn’t as likely but at the same time Saunders hasn’t been able to deliver what our top end talent should be able to produce sans “nine lives KAT”....and our offseason isn’t full of potential opportunities to reorg for the current state of player affairs.

Myself, I think R Saunders is potentially the right fit culturally for the players which is generationally hopeful. Additionally I like the idea of R Saunders as coach/sacred cow so that the players are held more accountable since he won’t as part of the CC.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

populousample wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:19 pm It will take an epic run once/if ROCO comes back. Start studying the draft, we seem to be destined for the lottery.

This makes the decision with R Saunders difficult. He’s part of the CC so the Dwayne Casey’esk dismissal isn’t as likely but at the same time Saunders hasn’t been able to deliver what our top end talent should be able to produce sans “nine lives KAT”....and our offseason isn’t full of potential opportunities to reorg for the current state of player affairs.

Myself, I think R Saunders is potentially the right fit culturally for the players which is generationally hopeful. Additionally I like the idea of R Saunders as coach/sacred cow so that the players are held more accountable since he won’t as part of the CC.
We need RoCo tonight to hit some 3’s and play defense for us. Smh his ass better be back for the Wizards game Sunday
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I'm calling it. Playoffs are f*cked.
j-one

Post by j-one »

Tough math for playoffs, not going to happen. Like to see Roco get back, keep playing Dario and Josh and see what we have for the future, I guess.

Restrict minutes to those who aren't part of the future.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

populousample wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:19 pm It will take an epic run once/if ROCO comes back. Start studying the draft, we seem to be destined for the lottery.

Saunders is TOO close to these players.
T_J

Post by T_J »

thinktank wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 pm

Saunders is TOO close to these players.
I would agree.

And I'll edit it some more. It's the grass is greener thing. Thibs was too tough, not enough team building, Ryan is the exact opposite. He can probably be a good coach someday, but I don't see it with this group. The right coach is somewhere in the middle.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j-one wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:56 am Tough math for playoffs, not going to happen. Like to see Roco get back, keep playing Dario aat part nd Josh and see what we have for the future, I guess.

Restrict minutes to those who aren't part of the future.
5 wins behind with 20 to go? You'd need to get like 9 out of 10. And what part of Wolves late collapse number 1 million makes you think we nut up and do it. Say it ever day, every game, every year. It's not shooting that wins you games late. It's not shooting that wins playoff games. It's not shooting that wins in the clutch. It's defense and rebounding. It's why we lost 950,000 of those million collapses.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Playoff dreams are dead
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:33 pm Playoff dreams are dead
Mine died about 2 weeks ago.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

witljon wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:42 pm
20 games to go and it’s sad that a lot of fans are going to check out
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Mine died when Butler was dealt. I have never watched less wolves games.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Dead. Get lucky in the lottery. Get really lucky and unload Wiggins. Get help for Towns. Get a legit starting PG.

That's not asking too much, is it?
Let's get Tropical
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Covington coming back on Sunday. Still 20 games to go
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

No earned edition for next season. I am calling it after tonight.
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:43 pm
20 games to go and it’s sad that a lot of fans are going to check out
Time to draft dream.....
T_J

Post by T_J »

This thread can be locked.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:13 am This thread can be locked.
:lol:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Kings are on a 3 game losing streak

Lakers 2 game losing streak

Clippers and Spurs continue to win.

Wolves are 5 games back with 20 to go.
witljon

Post by witljon »

I've given up on this season a couple of weeks ago.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

‪The worst thing that could happen, happened. 0-3 road trip for Wolves, No sense of urgency, no intensity, no desperation, no defense. I like Ryan Saunders but he’s not ready for this level. Sad way to go out for everyone smh