Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Andrew Wiggins - “I want to be an All Star next year ”

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Joboo

Re: Andrew Wiggins - “I want to be an All Star next year ”

Post by Joboo »

I bet he has the same work out regiment I have... strenous thumb and finger exercise on my PS4/XBOX :cry:
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Joboo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:51 am I bet he has the same work out regiment I have... strenous thumb and finger exercise on my PS4/XBOX :cry:
Winner...it’s known throughout the league he practices more on video game playing than his game on court
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sid Hartman wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:48 pm
Joboo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:51 am I bet he has the same work out regiment I have... strenous thumb and finger exercise on my PS4/XBOX :cry:
Winner...it’s known throughout the league he practices more on video game playing than his game on court
Link?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Sid Hartman wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:48 pm
He wants to be an allstar Pro VideoGame player :thinking:
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:08 pm People keep saying that it’s a question of effort and not skill. That’s nonsense. He’s an inefficient shooter, always has been. He’s a bad ball handler and passer. He hasn’t improved either. His defense may be a question of effort but his off ball defense is also about knowledge. I just think it’s time to stop saying it’s all about him being lazy, and realize he’s very athletic but not skilled.
:lol: I've been saying this for 4 years.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

zeitgeist wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:33 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:08 pm People keep saying that it’s a question of effort and not skill. That’s nonsense. He’s an inefficient shooter, always has been. He’s a bad ball handler and passer. He hasn’t improved either. His defense may be a question of effort but his off ball defense is also about knowledge. I just think it’s time to stop saying it’s all about him being lazy, and realize he’s very athletic but not skilled.
:lol: I've been saying this for 4 years.
Yea. You have. I’ve also been a Wiggins realist as well. My delusion was him becoming a better defender. It just hasn’t happened and I thought it could. But he’s a clueless team defensive player. Difficult to watch. And his ball handling for someone who has the ball as much as he does is also below average. I think it’s why he’s hesitant to drive and often just shoots a pull up jumper which is such a stupid, inefficient shot. It honestly sucks to talk about him at this point.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Hornets wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:04 pm
Sadly, it's both....Wiggy is not skilled AND he's lazy. OUCH
Maybe he just needs a pair glasses to improve his shooting and a good nights sleep for more energy. :thinking:
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Here's Andrew and Michael Beasley through five seasons (per 100 possessions):

Andrew Wiggins is Michael Beasley except DAVID KAHN didn't max Beasley.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

memyworld wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:25 am Here's Andrew and Michael Beasley through five seasons (per 100 possessions):

Wow this is damning.. :thumbsdown:

Move this clown now
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:26 am
memyworld wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:25 am Here's Andrew and Michael Beasley through five seasons (per 100 possessions):

Move this clown now
It's only been 5 years, what's the problem?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:50 am
morneaumvp wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:26 am

Move this clown now
It's only been 5 years, what's the problem?
Exactly. At what point do we realize the reality of Wiggins and make some changes?
salamander

Post by salamander »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 pm Andrew Wiggins won't be announced as an all-star reserve tonight.

He wants to change that in the future. "I'm motivated to do it. I've just got to work, get better, clean up some stuff and stay consistent."

What needs to improve to reach that all-star level?

Andrew Wiggins: "I feel like everything needs to go up. Everything."

Via Jace Fredrick
Get back to me when he walks the walk.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

salamander wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:48 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 pm Andrew Wiggins won't be announced as an all-star reserve tonight.

He wants to change that in the future. "I'm motivated to do it. I've just got to work, get better, clean up some stuff and stay consistent."

Via Jace Fredrick
At least Andrew acknowledges his performance lapses unlike a lot of players. He is still young and he is better then most people his age. He may just be a late bloomer. I'm not expecting AW to be a #1 but #2 I'm fine with.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Kg called him out about it too. Good for him
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
salamander

Post by salamander »

Seenin wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:01 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:48 am

Via Jace Fredrick
At least Andrew acknowledges his performance lapses unlike a lot of players. He is still young and he is better then most people his age. He may just be a late bloomer. I'm not expecting AW to be a #1 but #2 I'm fine with.
That's true. At least he's not lying to himself about it.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

He acknowledges it, yet will do absolutely nothing to change it.
Let's get Tropical
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:41 pm He acknowledges it, yet will do absolutely nothing to change it.
How long have you been at your current employer?
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Now rooting for this dude b/c all the homers are starting to flip.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
witljon

Post by witljon »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:41 pm He acknowledges it, yet will do absolutely nothing to change it.
I don't believe he loves the game of basketball enough to change it.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:34 pm Now rooting for this dude b/c all the homers are starting to flip.
It's in everyone's best interest that Andrew pulls his head out of his ass. However, history shows that outcome has a very slim chance of happening.
Let's get Tropical
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

KG calling out Wiggins to be an all star next year with Kat to bring this team to the next level.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 pm

KG calling out Wiggins to be an all star next year with Kat to bring this team to the next level.
Thanks for posting that :thumbsup:

Every time you see KG, it reminds you he is still the Wolves. He can't be anything but this team, and needs to have some role here.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Don’t know the whole story, but pushing KG out the second time after Thibbs came in was easily one of the dumbest things this franchise has done.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

KG GOAT. They really need to get that relationship repaired and get him his proper honor here.
Let's get Tropical
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:41 pm Unfadeable after reading this inspiring breaking news!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Don’t know the whole story, but pushing KG out the second time after Thibbs came in was easily one of the dumbest things this franchise has done.

It wouldn't even make the top 10 of dumbest things ever done. Having KG sit on the bench for another year would not have dramatically changed our team. I don't know the whole story either, but part of the story is that Glen Taylor and KG hate each other and the only reason KG was here was because of Flip and that he'd be a minority owner with Flip of the Wolves, that all fell apart when Flip died.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:18 am
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:04 pm

It wouldn't even make the top 10 of dumbest things ever done. Having KG sit on the bench for another year would not have dramatically changed our team. I don't know the whole story either, but part of the story is that Glen Taylor and KG hate each other and the only reason KG was here was because of Flip and that he'd be a minority owner with Flip of the Wolves, that all fell apart when Flip died.
So you don’t think keeping KG around would have helped the player development in KAT and Wiggins, and that he possibly could have helped make the Butler situation here work any better. I believe he could have made huge a difference in all of it, and that he should have been hired by the organization in some other professional player/organization related roll.

I think Glen put in a big effort to hire a firm to get a coach and leader for his business. They brought Thibbs to the door. Part of the deal in going in that direction was to destroy and deal Flip had with KG and himself. Everybody knows now that that Thibbs wanted to be the only voice in any of the players ears.

morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

5-16 against the KNicks tonight, is definitely worthy of an allstar call
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

I am sure he has improved alot in Fortnite :clap:
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Dream is slowly fading away.