Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Andrew Wiggins - “I want to be an All Star next year ”

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Andrew Wiggins - “I want to be an All Star next year ”

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:34 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:49 pm I want to be a NBA All Star too!
What will you have to work on to reach this goal?
Find a time machine to make me 15 year's younger
Make sure I'm not drafted by the Timberwolves
Add another foot in height
Stop drinking, pot, cigs
Quit froobing
Actually go to a gym

You get the idea.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:36 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:49 pm I want to be a NBA All Star too!
Find a time machine to make me 15 year's younger
Make sure I'm not drafted by the Timberwolves
Add another foot in height
Stop drinking, pot, cigs
Quit froobing
Actually go to a gym

You get the idea.
Sounds more realistic than Andrew being 'motivated'
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

my guess would be a time machine!
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
witljon

Post by witljon »

Your chances aint much worse than Wiggins.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I don’t think Andy gets it. Maybe he’s just dumb.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 pm Andrew Wiggins won't be announced as an all-star reserve tonight.

He wants to change that in the future. "I'm motivated to do it. I've just got to work, get better, clean up some stuff and stay consistent."

What needs to improve to reach that all-star level?

Andrew Wiggins: "I feel like everything needs to go up. Everything."

Via Jace Fredrick
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins wants to make the all stars with Towns, that’s a great goal to make and very reasonable.

A good 20-5-5 with good defense and we have a winning record in the playoffs seed. He’s in
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
populousample

Post by populousample »

There’s still the All NBA 1st or 2nd team this year Mr Wiggles 😉
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

you know what? I think next year I'd like to get my dick wet with Kate Upton.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

He is very, very far away from being an All-Star.
Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

you know, i actually don't mind andrew saying it. just wish he'd also brought himself into the realm of reality with a caveat like "i'm no where near that now, but that's where i'd like to get to." sometimes i worry that wiggins thinks he's doing alright.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I want to bang a famous super model... What do I have to do to make it happen?
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:31 pm you know, i actually don't mind andrew saying it. just wish he'd also brought himself into the realm of reality with a caveat like "i'm no where near that now, but that's where i'd like to get to." sometimes i worry that wiggins thinks he's doing alright.
Jon K of the athletic has said the same on his Wolves podcast. He has said that he gets the feeling from Wiggins himself that Andrew doesn't really get the criticism he gets in Minnesota and around the NBA. He averages 20 points a game, he was rookie of the year, got a max contract, etc. He thinks he's been mostly fine during his time here.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

:lol:
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I read his posts and all I can hear is Jim Carrey in Liar Liar: “Hit me again, Ike! And put some stank on it!”
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Decker23 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:10 pm:lol:
:lol:
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:46 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:31 pm you know, i actually don't mind andrew saying it. just wish he'd also brought himself into the realm of reality with a caveat like "i'm no where near that now, but that's where i'd like to get to." sometimes i worry that wiggins thinks he's doing alright.
Jon K of the athletic has said the same on his Wolves podcast. He has said that he gets the feeling from Wiggins himself that Andrew doesn't really get the criticism he gets in Minnesota and around the NBA. He averages 20 points a game, he was rookie of the year, got a max contract, etc. He thinks he's been mostly fine during his time here.
Well yeah, most people here thought he was mostly fine until he stopped averaging 20 ppg when in reality he wasn't.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:46 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:46 pm
Well yeah, most people here thought he was mostly fine until he stopped averaging 20 ppg when in reality he wasn't.
Don't think that's true at all. He gets more (deserved) criticism than any Wolve in the last 5 years.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

The problem wasn't Andrew, it was Taylor for giving him that much money. Dude is a decent player but just not for his contract. If he wants to be an Allstar, Saunders will have a lot of work to do.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

shoteh wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:29 am The problem wasn't Andrew, it was Taylor for giving him that much money. Dude is a decent player but just not for his contract. If he wants to be an Allstar, Saunders will have a lot of work to do.
i agree with this. wiggins would be an alright player if he made 8 to 10 mil a year. we'd still get pissed about his lapses into noneffort and his poor shooting %, but it's the ungodly money thing that drives us crazy.

look at taj gibson, who still makes a whomping 14 mil. he mostly gets a lot of love on this board because he works hard, plays decent D, has some nice post moves, etc. but honestly, there's plenty of games where he gets beat up in the post, finishes with 6 pts and 3 rebs, and spends much of the night carping at the refs. he's got no three point shot to him and for having a 7-3 wingspan, is remarkably ineffective as a rim protector. but do we spend hours and hours bitching about taj? no. why? because he doesn't make $28 mil a year so he's off the Anger Radar.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Maybe he meant be an all-star at Fortnite?
Let's get Tropical
Dickface McSlapnuts

Post by Dickface McSlapnuts »

What a joke. This loser is all talk and no action. Wish we could dump him and his idiotic contract.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

All star? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

G-League All Star?
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Y'all are a bunch of dicks. Yeah Wigs has some flaws but I hope the best for Wigs but some of you dont want him to succeed so you can say I told ya so. I would love to know how 150 million dollars would bring in other players that would instantly make us a contender! I hope those of you with kids dont give them the same level of pessimism.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

This isn't the first time he's said this.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:35 am
shoteh wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:29 am The problem wasn't Andrew, it was Taylor for giving him that much money. Dude is a decent player but just not for his contract. If he wants to be an Allstar, Saunders will have a lot of work to do.
i agree with this. wiggins would be an alright player if he made 8 to 10 mil a year. we'd still get pissed about his lapses into noneffort and his poor shooting %, but it's the ungodly money thing that drives us crazy.

look at taj gibson, who still makes a whomping 14 mil. he mostly gets a lot of love on this board because he works hard, plays decent D, has some nice post moves, etc. but honestly, there's plenty of games where he gets beat up in the post, finishes with 6 pts and 3 rebs, and spends much of the night carping at the refs. he's got no three point shot to him and for having a 7-3 wingspan, is remarkably ineffective as a rim protector. but do we spend hours and hours bitching about taj? no. why? because he doesn't make $28 mil a year so he's off the Anger Radar.
For me, it’s not his salary that upsets me, it’s his lack of effort and work ethic. The money he makes and minutes he plays just enables him to continue to not ever change. That is on ownership and coaching.

Thibodeau and Andrew were the worst things that could have happened to this franchise.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
witljon

Post by witljon »

great song.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:11 am
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:35 am

For me, it’s not his salary that upsets me, it’s his lack of effort and work ethic. The money he makes and minutes he plays just enables him to continue to not ever change. That is on ownership and coaching.

Thibodeau and Andrew were the worst things that could have happened to this franchise.
The worst thing the Minnesota sports team got was you as a fan... btw. :D
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.