Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Is Teague trying to get himself traded?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
thinktank

Is Teague trying to get himself traded?

Post by thinktank »

As I watch Teague decline to shoot open three after open three, I can’t help but wonder if this is an act of protest.

It’s hard to believe he would pass up so many wide open threes.

Trade his ass.
Beef Supreme

Re: Is Teague trying to get himself traded?

Post by Beef Supreme »

never liked him.

Get rid of him.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

If you are not going to take this shot, why are you out there?

We got rid of Rubio because he couldn't shoot... but at least he kept the defense honest by actually shooting shots when he was open.

Jeff Teague is getting paid $19 Million to take these shots. Get him the fuck off this team. He is quickly becoming my least favorite Timberwolf of all time.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
j2j

Post by j2j »

Teague throwing the team under the bus to the media after playing like trash.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I wish there was a way we could swing DSJ here. I'd even take Fultz. What are our other options?
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

j2j wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 am Teague throwing the team under the bus to the media after playing like trash.
missed it...what did he say?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:20 am I wish there was a way we could swing DSJ here. I'd even take Fultz. What are our other options?
Find a contract for the same amount of money with more years.... that's your option.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:20 am I wish there was a way we could swing DSJ here. I'd even take Fultz. What are our other options?
No idea. This team doesn't have any pieces that anyone is trading a decent player for other than Wiggins and Karl. Maybe your draft pick can net them something but I would rather keep it.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am
No idea. This team doesn't have any pieces that anyone is trading a decent player for other than Wiggins and Karl. Maybe your draft pick can net them something but I would rather keep it. Maybe Saric? Wouldn't mind seeing him traded if you could get something back.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
BBG

Post by BBG »

Can we trade him for Rubio?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

BBG wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:20 am Can we trade him for Rubio?
There is no doubt in my mind, the Wolves would have at the very least 5 more wins this year if Rubio was the starting PG.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
BBG

Post by BBG »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:40 am
There is no doubt in my mind, the Wolves would have at the very least 5 more wins this year if Rubio was the starting PG.

I would have at the very least 5 more self-inflicted ejaculations into my cum towel if he was the starting PG.

:shrug:
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

BBG wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:45 am
Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:40 am

I would have at the very least 5 more self-inflicted ejaculations into my cum towel if he was the starting PG.

:shrug:
:lol: :lol:
Lampin'
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Teague is becoming a poor jj barrea with his dumb dribbling but even jj is willing to shoot.

No to Ricky back, need to move on sorry fellas.
BBG

Post by BBG »

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Stork311 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:23 am
j2j wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 am Teague throwing the team under the bus to the media after playing like trash.
missed it...what did he say?
He said the team was soft and got their asses kicked.

Said Embiid wanted to make a statement vs towns and Butler to the rest of the wolves.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:28 am
Find a contract for the same amount of money with more years.... that's your option.
Teague, Tyus, and Dieng for John Wall
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I would do Teague for a Ricky straight up right now.

If Ricky bombs, at least he’s on the last year of his deal.

I will never understand why Thibs have Teague the player option on the 3rd year. It anything it should have been a team option since we overpaid.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I'm sure Ricky would love dishing his beautiful passes to Wiggins when he pulls up from 19 on a perfect feed to the basket.
populousample

Post by populousample »

There might be some interest in Rose for DSJ. Rose might be a little to ball dominant for Doncic but he is a microwave off the bench. That might be enough for Teague to consider moving on if we make a commitment to DSJ. And even if Teague stays we can likely let Tyus walk as he is what he is.

Might be able to do the same with Fulz but I’d do DSJ over him.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
ESAD

Post by ESAD »

As the lone representative from the Defense, dunks, and dimes crew.... we foretold the Teague is trash prophecy long before he ever dawned a wolves jersey
And it has been spoken
January 9th, 1989. The day the hand got hot
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am
No idea. This team doesn't have any pieces that anyone is trading a decent player for other than Wiggins and Karl. Maybe your draft pick can net them something but I would rather keep it.
Our only shot to get a piece of consequence is to start taking small returns on solid guys right now. Need to be able to throw a big package of smaller assets at a tear down team. And even then you are better off using those pieces at draft time.

Rose is really the key to any sort of return. Are we gonna bet he wil return at a price we will pay? If there is question then you need to move him. Love the guy and we are far worse without him. But who cares if we are 9th or 12th?

And if you can get Teague off the team next year for nothing or including a few very small assets you do it.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

ESAD wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:08 pm As the lone representative from the Defense, dunks, and dimes crew.... we foretold the Teague is trash prophecy long before he ever dawned a wolves jersey
And it has been spoken
Still dishin' more dimes than Rubio. :lol:

6.2 vs. 8.1
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:23 pm
Oh god.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Oh god.
Just do it already.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:06 am Image

We got rid of Rubio because he couldn't shoot... but at least he kept the defense honest by actually shooting shots when he was open.

Jeff Teague is getting paid $19 Million to take these shots. Get him the fuck off this team. He is quickly becoming my least favorite Timberwolf of all time.
Remember, this isn't the first time he's done this. It's his way. I don't know what the f his problem is with shooting that damn shot? Is he trying to lose?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I would be all for that. That's a bunch of garbage that you are not getting Wall for though.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:33 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:06 am Image

Remember, this isn't the first time he's done this. It's his way. I don't know what the f his problem is with shooting that damn shot? Is he trying to lose?
what starting nba PG DOESN'T take that shot? maybe only simmons. all the other bad shooting Points would take it because it's the obvious no brainer right play. you gotta take that shot.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I think Jeff Teague is either initiating a one man stealth tank, the greatest troll you're own team job, or is just all an all a terrible point guard.

It's got to be one of these three.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I don't have any real animosity towards Jeff Teague. Except when he tackles Rubio, or pushes Schroder or throws the ball at someone. He is actually one of the most mentally fragile guys on the roster. Zero composure.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."