Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Is Teague trying to get himself traded?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Is Teague trying to get himself traded?

Post by jodaman01 »

Teague has been a fucking bust here since day 1. He needs to GTFO.

Dumping Rubio for this gutless braindead dungheap and the excitement by some here promising made threes, strong finishes and nothing but open looks for Towns and Wiggins due to this guy shows the true lack of understanding of PG’s on this board.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:01 pm Teague has been a fucking bust here since day 1. He needs to GTFO.

Dumping Rubio for this gutless braindead dungheap and the excitement by some here promising made threes, strong finishes and nothing but open looks for Towns and Wiggins due to this guy shows the true lack of understanding of PG’s on this board.

No the real lack of knowledge on this board is people blaming scrub A. Player and wanting scrub B. Player.

It's been this way for year's.

No complaints about the two max "superstars" that continue to get their shit pushed in by top competition.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:05 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:01 pm Teague has been a fucking bust here since day 1. He needs to GTFO.

No the real lack of knowledge on this board is people blaming scrub A. Player and wanting scrub B. Player.

No complaints about the two max "superstars" that continue to get their shit pushed in by top competition.
They were all bad yesterday and every 6’er player was incredible. These games happen, I had a bad feeling about this one yesterday.

The PG handles the ball more than any other player on the Team, at least in most non-Thibbs shitified offenses. Under Ryan I expect the need for a floor leading floor general PG will become glaring. Teague has demonstrated none of the qualities in his time here that tell me he is remotely qualified for the roll.

Rubio would have been a far better option for this Team, and who knows if you had Rubio maybe He could have made the offense a place where Wiggins, KAT and Butler could have thrived together. I have no doubt he would have done a better job than Teague. Hell Tyus was already starting to do better than Teague.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 pm

They were all bad yesterday and every 6’er player was incredible. These games happen, I had a bad feeling about this one yesterday.

The PG handles the ball more than any other player on the Team, at least in most non-Thibbs shitified offenses. Under Ryan I expect the need for a floor leading floor general PG will become glaring. Teague has demonstrated none of the qualities in his time here that tell me he is remotely qualified for the roll.

Rubio would have been a far better option for this Team, and who knows if you had Rubio maybe He could have made the offense a place where Wiggins, KAT and Butler could have thrived together. I have no doubt he would have done a better job than Teague. Hell Tyus was already starting to do better than Teague.

No doubt. One NBA game isn't that big of a deal. It's became a trend at this point though with Wiggins not showing up and Karl getting sand blasted in big games. This is WAY more than a one game problem.

This has been their careers so far.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:32 pm

No doubt. One NBA game isn't that big of a deal. It's became a trend at this point though with Wiggins not showing up and Karl getting sand blasted in big games. This is WAY more than a one game problem.

You are right.

If they have own it. My hope is that a coach who relates to them better will get them to do that.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:13 pm

You are right.

If they have own it. My hope is that a coach who relates to them better will get them to do that.
It's already a problem if they need anyone to get that out of them. They have had what now 3 coaches?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:13 pm

You are right.

It's already a problem if they need anyone to get that out of them. They have had what now 3 coaches?
Should have kept KG and Rubio here. Both were respected and followed by Wiggins and Towns. I believe they would have provided the leadership that Mitchell and Thibbs couldn’t.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

I'm semi kidding about Wall. I do believe gambling on someone like that is the Wolves only hope to turn into a contender.

Not necessarily him. Conley as another example. Gamble on an overpaid all-star or near all-star
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:38 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:23 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:28 am

Find a contract for the same amount of money with more years.... that's your option.
Teague, Tyus, and Dieng for John Wall
I would be all for that. That's a bunch of garbage that you are not getting Wall for though.
I'm not sure. I think he may be the least tradeable asset right now. With how Beal is playing, they may just be looking to get off salary quicker.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 pm I'm semi kidding about Wall. I do believe gambling on someone like that is the Wolves only hope to turn into a contender.

Not necessarily him. Conley as another example. Gamble on an overpaid all-star or near all-star
Agreed. It's a big risk but what we have now, you are not going anywhere anyway. Forget even being a contender right now. This isn't even a #8 seed team.

Conley doesn't do it for me. He's also 32 next season.

We are stuck right now. No big FAs are signing here. We are just good enough to not tank but not make the playoffs either.

Are assets we are willing to trade are not worth much.

I say blow it up!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Teague looks like he’s playing bad on purpose.

I swear to God.

The worst part of it is he looks so nonchalant on every fucking play.

The other worst part is this guy used to be a capable fighter on the Hawks.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I'm not saying it's this simple, but when Rubio was here with Wiggins ('14-'17), Andrew was ascendant. Maybe not to the level that he was promised to, but his ppg was up every year, his PER (and other advanced metrics) was solid (not great, but solid), and his scoring efficiency was reasonable (not great, but reasonable).

Since Rubio has been gone, he's regressed. His ppg is down. His PER (and other advanced metrics) is down. And his scoring efficiency is in the toilet.

Bring back Ricky and save Andrew!!!
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:51 pm I'm not saying it's this simple, but when Rubio was here with Wiggins ('14-'17), Andrew was ascendant. Maybe not to the level that he was promised to, but his ppg was up every year, his PER (and other advanced metrics) was solid (not great, but solid), and his scoring efficiency was reasonable (not great, but reasonable).

Since Rubio has been gone, he's regressed. His ppg is down. His PER (and other advanced metrics) is down. And his scoring efficiency is in the toilet.

Oh they definitely weren't. They were horrendous.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 pm I'm semi kidding about Wall. I do believe gambling on someone like that is the Wolves only hope to turn into a contender.

I can't think of anyone else.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:01 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:51 pm I'm not saying it's this simple, but when Rubio was here with Wiggins ('14-'17), Andrew was ascendant. Maybe not to the level that he was promised to, but his ppg was up every year, his PER (and other advanced metrics) was solid (not great, but solid), and his scoring efficiency was reasonable (not great, but reasonable).

In context, they weren't terrible (these are a rough estimate of his 2nd and 3rd years, both with Ricky):

PPG: Around 22
PER: 16.5
TS%: Around .540
FTR: Around .400
OBPM: Around +0.3
WS/48: around .067

His defensive advanced metrics were pretty bad, but the above numbers are okay. Not okay for a #1 overall pick or a max contract guy, but in a vacuum for a player, they're okay. Certainly a lot better than they are now. And that's the point.

This year:

PPG: 17.8
PER: 12.4
TS%: .493
FTR: .274
OBPM: -1.6
WS/48: .020

That's a stark contrast. He went from around a slightly above average offensive player to a really bad offensive player. During the same time he's gone from a really bad defensive player to a "regular" bad defensive player.

Conclusion: He's gotten worse since Ricky left.

- Carl Jung
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:28 pm

In context, they weren't terrible (these are a rough estimate of his 2nd and 3rd years, both with Ricky):

His defensive advanced metrics were pretty bad, but the above numbers are okay. Not okay for a #1 overall pick or a max contract guy, but in a vacuum for a player, they're okay. Certainly a lot better than they are now. And that's the point.

This year:

That's a stark contrast. He went from around a slightly above average offensive player to a really bad offensive player. During the same time he's gone from a really bad defensive player to a "regular" bad defensive player.

Ahh, flew over my head that you meant just offense. :cry:
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Well, I didn't specify originally, but I'm of the opinion that while there are some advanced defensive stats, they're not as good at encompassing a player's defensive acumen as the offensive metrics are. So I don't like using them as much.

Defense is more eye test to me. Andrew is slowing getting better, but still has a lot of work in front of him in that regard.

- Carl Jung
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

LordNu wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 pm

I can't think of anyone else.
Jrue Holiday, CJ McCollum, ,and Andre Drummond (obviously not this team) as some other examples
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:28 pm

This year:

I would not equate Wiggins play solely with Rubio. I would add in Butler. Wiggins is on an island now. Doesn't really know who he is on this team.
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

I hope he opt out. Let’s get a real leader at PG. Teague has no feel for the offense or maybe it’s his demeanor that makes the offense stagnant. Whatever the case he is not the answer. Get his butt outa here.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

We need Ja Morant!!!
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

I see chode swallower is still pining for Rubio... he isn't right for this team either. I also see Chode continues to ignore that we got Okogie as part of the Rubio trade as well. While Josh has a long ways to go I think the kid will grow into a quality starter in the years ahead.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

LordNu wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:12 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:08 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Teague, Tyus, and Dieng for John Wall
Oh god.
Just do it already.
40+ mil a year for Wall with Wiggins and Towns …. hmm.. not sure that is the ideal route.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:47 pm
Oh god.
Just do it already.
40+ mil a year for Wall with Wiggins and Towns …. hmm.. not sure that is the ideal route.
I agree but I also don't think we get to do the ideal route... ever.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Just do it already.
Ideal route is find a couple guys worthy of the max and surround them with the right role players.

Was anyone really that surprised last night when James Nunnally got in and made some threes for the Rockets? If there was ever a team Nunnally made sense on, it's Houston.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:12 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Ideal route is find a couple guys worthy of the max and surround them with the right role players.

Was anyone really that surprised last night when James Nunnally got in and made some threes for the Rockets? If there was ever a team Nunnally made sense on, it's Houston.
Agreed, just think sometimes you have to sacrifice that max like Milwaukee will probably have to do with Middleton. Or Memphis with Conley.

Neither are worthy, but those teams can't afford to lose near all star talent.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

If the suckers that show up at games just boo Teague enough he will be moved eventually. That seems to be what happens around here with the owner of the century.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Oh god.
Just do it already.
It isn't our money though. And Taylor is old. I'll keep floating this.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Just do it already.
I think it's valid to bring up contract in terms of being able to get other talent. Obviously with a Wall-KAT-Wiggins trio you're prevented from having anyone else really.

That said:

Wall
Wiggins
Covington
Dario
KAT

That could be pretty fun if Wall is motivated and healthy.

But you can trust that as much as you can Ben Simmons hitting a 3
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:53 pm

I think it's valid to bring up contract in terms of being able to get other talent. Obviously with a Wall-KAT-Wiggins trio you're prevented from having anyone else really.

That said:

Wall
Wiggins
Covington
Dario
KAT

That could be pretty fun if Wall is motivated and healthy.

But you can trust that as much as you can Ben Simmons hitting a 3
Exactly, players are locked in. You just have to hope that this combination works, otherwise you're stuck with something that doesn't for the next 4 years. I'd still roll the dice, it's freaking Wall! I rate the guy.