Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Mentally Fragile Wolves

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
shoteh

Mentally Fragile Wolves

Post by shoteh »

I watched almost the whole game vs Philly and what I saw were kids being bullied by their worst enemy, themselves. Yes of course simmons, embiid, and butler had a lot to do with it as well but I also believe it's a case of them being cognizant of their weaknesses and not being able to get out of that funk to address it. Every quarter gave them a chance to start over but they just kept drowning and it seemed as thought no one was WILLING to step up to address the bully, however it's not a case of will alone, it's a case of being mentally dissonance.

Their lethargy and lack of effort shows up from game to game but the truth is psychologically they are being led by two mentally fragile leaders.

Until we get an Alpha as a leader, the pack will simply continue to be mediocre.
Style

Re: Mentally Fragile Wolves

Post by Style »

We had an alpha leader and were still mediocre. But yeah, your point is taken. KAT/Wiggins have a long ways to go in that regard.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

has KAT ever had a good game against embiid? feels like that's a losing proposition every time - he's just so physically overmatched. and when KAT's pulled off to the corner and handcuffed, wiggins only very rarely steps up and takes a lead role. maybe every 20 games, yeah - but the vast majority of the time, he's just an ancillary piece to our success.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:45 am has KAT ever had a good game against embiid?
yes, home game 2 yrs ago, he destroyed him. but pretty much every other time he gets dominated.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Style wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:55 am We had an alpha leader and were still mediocre. But yeah, your point is taken. KAT/Wiggins have a long ways to go in that regard.
We had an alpha, and we were a couple of games away from being 4th seed despite our two fragile leaders. I think that if general soreness had a better attitude to teach and lead and thibs was more open to changes we could have had another contending team.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:45 am has KAT ever had a good game against embiid? feels like that's a losing proposition every time - he's just so physically overmatched. and when KAT's pulled off to the corner and handcuffed, wiggins only very rarely steps up and takes a lead role. maybe every 20 games, yeah - but the vast majority of the time, he's just an ancillary piece to our success.
Not that I can think of. Embiid spanks him every time.

Edit: saw what Boxter said but still...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... i?id=QdOvt
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I like them, but apparently they couldn't handle being yelled at by their coach, right?

And the coach was the problem? (well, he might have been "a" problem, but he wasn't "the" problem).

The boys just aren't men yet.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 am I like them, but apparently they couldn't handle being yelled at by their coach, right?

And the coach was the problem? (well, he might have been "a" problem, but he wasn't "the" problem).

ZzZzZ They are being payed like it. There are young guy's all over the league lighting it up. The guys that laid them a ass whipping last night were young too.

This is already Wiggins 5th season. Karls 4th.

They are what they are, SOFT.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:47 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 am I like them, but apparently they couldn't handle being yelled at by their coach, right?

ZzZzZ They are being payed like it. There are young guy's all over the league lighting it up. The guys that laid them a ass whipping last night were young too.

This is already Wiggins 5th season. Karls 4th.

They are what they are, SOFT.
Just another way of saying the same thing.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

They played scared yesterday.

You never win playing scared.

They’ve played up to better competition.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

shoteh wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:49 am I watched almost the whole game vs Philly and what I saw were kids being bullied by their worst enemy, themselves. Yes of course simmons, embiid, and butler had a lot to do with it as well but I also believe it's a case of them being cognizant of their weaknesses and not being able to get out of that funk to address it. Every quarter gave them a chance to start over but they just kept drowning and it seemed as thought no one was WILLING to step up to address the bully, however it's not a case of will alone, it's a case of being mentally dissonance.

Their lethargy and lack of effort shows up from game to game but the truth is psychologically they are being led by two mentally fragile leaders.

Until we get an Alpha as a leader, the pack will simply continue to be mediocre.
Didn't watch a second yet and won't now. Also don't have to to know this team. We are front runners. And when we are not playing well we don't play harder or smarter, we do the opposite. Snowball rolling down hill.

Cure number 1 for that from the beginning of time is play D so......................yeah.
populousample

Post by populousample »

KAT doesn’t do well with big personalities.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
salamander

Post by salamander »

Style wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:55 am We had an alpha leader and were still mediocre. But yeah, your point is taken. KAT/Wiggins have a long ways to go in that regard.
KAT/Wiggins will never be what we want them to be. Wiggins is lazy and KAT has low stamina/endurance.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Couldn't you just add viklings, wild, gophers?

I haven't watched a twins inning since gas was a buck a gallon.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

This is why KG on the bench as some sort of mentor would pay dividends.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

We're very fragile. I did not know that, dude.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

God guys. It was 1 game.

Saunders fucked up telling them to ignore the headlines. Philly lives and breathes on headlines. Any motivation we can get from anywhere should be welcome. We're not the Spurs.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Brett wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:16 pm Yes theyre soft but in this case its such a secondary issue compared to just the ability gap between embiid simmons and kat wigg.
:thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

t_wrex wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:07 pm God guys. It was 1 game.

Saunders fucked up telling them to ignore the headlines. Philly lives and breathes on headlines. Any motivation we can get from anywhere should be welcome. We're not the Spurs.
Link?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Trade Downs for ZBo and be done. He's a loser and too stupid. I hate his face always. He's about his empty stats. He thinks he's better now because he blocks shots and is in foul trouble more. Sorry Downs...get out. Save Glen some dough. This team ain't breaking 40 wins for 5 years or more anyway...not with Downs and H.R DoNoStuff around. Move them both and play G Leaguers, as far as I'm concerned. They can lose by 40, too.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Link?
Pete and Benz were talking about it in the first quarter.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

t_wrex wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:08 am
kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Link?
Pete and Benz were talking about it in the first quarter.
Ah. I had to watch the nbatv version of the game. It was terrible.
salamander

Post by salamander »

It was the same thing we always see from this group of players. They don't show up for games that matter.
Yeah, this game mattered.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

This team needs a big group therapy as well individual therapy starting with Saunders. He cannot get us over the hump somehow with these close games.