Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jimmy Cancer in the game tonight

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LancasterCarr22

Jimmy Cancer in the game tonight

Post by LancasterCarr22 »

Is anyone intrigued by the dynamic in the game tonight? I realize most of the MN players publicly say they all appreciate Jimmy's hard nose hustle and have no beef with him. However, if Jimmy comes out all alpha male talking some serious shit and getting in their faces, I am curious to see how our boys will react to him. Will they go with their classic line, "that's just Jimmy being Jimmy" and take on a more passive role or will the new-found team pride show up and they actually fight back? How wild would it be to see Wiggs and Jimmy Cancer get into a little dust up? For me, I would have no problem with it. To see a little "passion" from one of our so called leaders might not be a bad thing.
thinktank

Re: Jimmy Cancer in the game tonight

Post by thinktank »

If Jimmy comes at them they better stand up to him.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

LancasterCarr22 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 am Is anyone intrigued by the dynamic in the game tonight? I realize most of the MN players publicly say they all appreciate Jimmy's hard nose hustle and have no beef with him. However, if Jimmy comes out all alpha male talking some serious shit and getting in their faces, I am curious to see how our boys will react to him. Will they go with their classic line, "that's just Jimmy being Jimmy" and take on a more passive role or will the new-found team pride show up and they actually fight back? How wild would it be to see Wiggs and Jimmy Cancer get into a little dust up? For me, I would have no problem with it. To see a little "passion" from one of our so called leaders might not be a bad thing.
I'm sure Jimmy will be talking but he's still got some buddies on the team so I'd be surprised if anything escalates into a shoving match or anything like that. If someone really starts bothering Wiggins, I don't see him backing down necessarily. He and Schroeder had a nice stare down last week for awhile. Teague is probably the most chippy guy on the Wolves and he won't be in. KAT, like Jimmy, will be talking but he seems to never look at anyone (refs or players) in the eye when he's chirping.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

I've asked a couple of Philly co-workers to go to the game tonight to boo Jimmy Sorebutt for me!!!!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Must watch TV
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

I hope Wiggins dunks on him.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Well this should be entertaining.
Style

Post by Style »

I hope KAT isn't too hyped. He gets too hyped and starts committing dumb fouls and playing recklessly. We're going to need him tonight!

Wiggins though? Fight away.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

If Jimmy was really a tough guy, he would take the 3rd string players on Philly's bench and take us on again with people watching!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

First off, let's not compare something so serious with a basketball game played by a bunch of millionaires that you don't even know.

Secondly... Of course there won't be a fight. The soft ass leaders on this team already let Butler run wild on them before he left.

Maybe if he gets a ahold of Karl or Andrews Xbox and deletes their Fortnite characters, there would be something to fight over.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Style wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 am I hope KAT isn't too hyped. He gets too hyped and starts committing dumb fouls and playing recklessly. We're going to need him tonight!

Wiggins though? Fight away.
In six career games against Philly, KAT's posted his worst offensive rating and lowest PPG average. His 43 FG% and 22 3P% are his worst and second-worst marks against any opponent. The Wolves are 2-4 against Philadelphia in those six games.

Game-by-game, his performance has been all over the board. During his rookie year, Philly had 0 and 4 wins heading into those two matchups and were starting Jahlil Okafor.

Year 1: 6 (43 FG%) and 8 (50 FG%) points

During year two, Philly had 2 and 9 wins heading into the matchups and he was matched up against Embiid.

Year 2: 25 (67 FG%) and 23 (41 FG%) points

Last season, Philly had 14 and 42 wins heading into the matchups. Again, he was matched up against Embiid.

Year 3: 19 (37 FG%) and 15 (20 FG%) points

Maybe we can throw history out the window and hope we get the KAT we've seen over the last ten games?

Oddly enough, Wiggins has posted his best career defensive rating against Philadelphia.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Sucks that Covington is out
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:09 am Sucks that Covington is out
That does suck. I'd pay good money to see Butler Vs. RoCo out there.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
BBG

Post by BBG »

Jimmy will go off for 40 and talk shit the entire game. He will fake an injury and leave the court in a wheelchair only to come back and hit the game winning shot.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

BBG wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:22 am Jimmy will go off for 40 and talk shit the entire game. He will fake an injury and leave the court in a wheelchair only to come back and hit the game winning shot.
He will also hit the game winning shot in a wheelchair and give a post game speech about how nobody in a wheelchair has ever worked as hard as him.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Will Wiggins brother be court side?
Style

Post by Style »

This game only on NBATV? if so, UGH!
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Style wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:36 am This game only on NBATV? if so, UGH!
No, it's on FSN, too.

memyworld

Post by memyworld »

No, it's on FSN, too.

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Hate NBAtv games. Last time they announced the game from the studio. Missed some of the action too. Terrible.
Style

Post by Style »

memyworld wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 am
No, it's on FSN, too.

Good! Let's gooooooo!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I predict the talker of this game is how Embiid embarrasses Karl on the offensive end.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

I predict a super physical game tonight. I can picture a ton of fouls called or hardly any. It'll be one extreme or the other
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Over/under on when Karl will be taken out of the game in the 1st quarter with his second foul?
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

I'll never understand how NBATV games aren't on league pass. It prevents me from buying it.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:54 am I predict the talker of this game is how Embiid embarrasses Karl on the offensive end.
#goldenrule
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm
I'll never understand how NBATV games aren't on league pass. It prevents me from buying it.
League pass is so bad now. It used to be a lot better but now it is a total waste of money imo.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Seenin wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:04 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:54 am I predict the talker of this game is how Embiid embarrasses Karl on the offensive end.
#goldenrule
KAT is now playing as well defensively as he has ever played. I hope KAT is up to the challenge.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

qrocks wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:36 pm
Seenin wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:04 pm
#goldenrule
KAT is now playing as well defensively as he has ever played. I hope KAT is up to the challenge.
That one game at home he really took it to Embiid. Must have been 25 point game.

When KAT tries to show people up he forces tons of actions and shots. He just needs to play within himself and Joel Embiid is just another dude he's going up against. Don't try to be the hero and show him up.