Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Towns last 5 games

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: Towns last 5 games

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:19 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:22 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:30 pm I wish we'd stop blaming Kevin Love and KAT for the lack of team success.
You think Kevin Love tried on D? Was it you that posted the proof that defensive stats are worthless that said he was good on D? Did we win with him? Was offense our problem? Did we suck on D? Do we now? Does defense matter? Are we winning now? Does Kat get credit for wins then?

I wish we'd stop fan boy loving and just root for the team instead of players. I wish we'd realize that if you are part of the team on one end you are part of the team on the other. I wish we'd realize that the 40 Towns and Love contributed to our 120 was fun. That the 60 of the other team's 130 that was scored in their face was the reason we lost.
I never said Love was more than average on the defensive end. He sure got a lot of blame when he was here though.
100% rightfully so. He didn't try.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

kilkenny wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:43 am Come on. Ripping on Towns D? He's gotten better every year and it shows. His teammates could be better and he'd shine if he had a better defending PF. Check out his DRPM over the past 4 years if you like. He's +1.34 this season by the way which is good for 86th in the league.

The guy Towns has to play with at wing is -1.57 which is good for 445th in the league. But I know stats are useless if they don't support your argument.

By the way, Okogie is 0.00 in drpm. He should be starting over Wiggins if we're trying to get some good defense going.
:lol: DRPM said Love was a good defender.

Nice try.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:30 pm I wish we'd stop blaming Kevin Love and KAT for the lack of team success.
Did we suck on D? Does defense matter?
No. We did not suck on defense in 2014, we were the 11th ranked defense in that season. Yes, defense matters.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:32 am
kilkenny wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:43 am Come on. Ripping on Towns D? He's gotten better every year and it shows. His teammates could be better and he'd shine if he had a better defending PF. Check out his DRPM over the past 4 years if you like. He's +1.34 this season by the way which is good for 86th in the league.

The guy Towns has to play with at wing is -1.57 which is good for 445th in the league. But I know stats are useless if they don't support your argument.

By the way, Okogie is 0.00 in drpm. He should be starting over Wiggins if we're trying to get some good defense going.

Nice try.
I'm talking about his improvement numb nuts. Towns has gotten better every year in that category and you can see it on the court. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand that. Trade Towns! :lol:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

kilkenny wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 am
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:32 am

Nice try.
I'm talking about his improvement numb nuts. Towns has gotten better every year in that category and you can see it on the court. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand that. Trade Towns! :lol:
He's 1/4 the defender he was as a rookie.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:21 pm
After playing Indiana, I thought how much better would the Wolves be with Bojan over Wiggy?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:30 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:19 pm

You think Kevin Love tried on D? Was it you that posted the proof that defensive stats are worthless that said he was good on D? Did we win with him? Was offense our problem? Did we suck on D? Do we now? Does defense matter? Are we winning now? Does Kat get credit for wins then?

I wish we'd stop fan boy loving and just root for the team instead of players. I wish we'd realize that if you are part of the team on one end you are part of the team on the other. I wish we'd realize that the 40 Towns and Love contributed to our 120 was fun. That the 60 of the other team's 130 that was scored in their face was the reason we lost.
I never said Love was more than average on the defensive end. He sure got a lot of blame when he was here though.
100% rightfully so. He didn't try.
"He didn't try" ... he was second team all nba twice for the Wolves. Pretty impressive considering he didn't try.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

This team is more talented than that 2014 team. Would be fun to see how Adelman would have run it.