Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Ryan Saunders Interim Coach Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Re: *** Official Ryan Saunders Interim Coach Thread ***

Post by flexbuffchest »

Small clip of him talking

http://www.startribune.com/five-things- ... 504012522/

Hopefully next I can get a photo of him sipping some coffee.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

Lightning

Post by Lightning »

morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Lightning wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm Peterson and Hartman were talking perhaps Wittman would be added to the staff to help Ryan...
Awesome, I think he is in Glens Christmas card rotation.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Ive never been so proud to be apart of the #1 topic that most of us agree on. Hardees is delicious!
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Being more up tempo without enabling it through defense never ends well.

Just sayin.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Uhh oh.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:59 pm Being more up tempo without enabling it through defense never ends well.

Just sayin.
Could just mean his half court offense won't wait until the last 5 seconds to do something.

thinktank

Post by thinktank »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:31 pm
thinktank wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:59 pm Being more up tempo without enabling it through defense never ends well.

Just sayin.
Could just mean his half court offense won't wait until the last 5 seconds to do something.
Let's hope so.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Which of you shitheads is spamming the Wolves Facebook page bashing Flip Saunders in every post talking about Ryan?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

j2j wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 pm Which of you shitheads is spamming the Wolves Facebook page bashing Flip Saunders in every post talking about Ryan?
That's pretty sad.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

j2j wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 pm Which of you shitheads is spamming the Wolves Facebook page bashing Flip Saunders in every post talking about Ryan?
Marianne Romano?

Saying pretty dumb/awful things.
Why would kg take an inferior role to this scrub who only has a job because boo hoo hoo his dad died and the wolves cant stop worshipping flip, the guy has been dead 3 and a half years get over it (who wasnt that great of a coach when he was alive.)
That awlward moment when *no* one will ever hear what this scrub has to say because *no* one will ever click on the link (he does have a super punchable face though, lmao.)
He has his job because mn cant stop idealizing a dead guy (who wasnt that great of a coach when he was alive.)
Nick is so angry he cant idealize a guy dead 3 and a half years who was never that great of a coach to start with. Because nick lives in the past and likes being a loser..
If you have players who are lazy af (the village idiot wiggins and lazy af soft as butter kat,) who dont want to do their jobs and cry when people who work harder than them try to get them to work that isnt the coach "being divisive." That is whiny babies not wanting to work.

Thibs wasnt divisive. He did miracles for this team. No one could have walked into mn because taylor is a terrible owner and the fan base cant stop dickriding and idealizing a guy who's been dead.3 and a half years (and flip wasnt that great of a coach when he was alive.) Living in the past, cant stop dickriding a dead guy.

j2j

Post by j2j »

Yeah, I ended up blocking him. No need for that level of evil.

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

It might be Thrillkill? It's kind of in line with some of his rhetoric.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:59 pm It might be Thrillkill? It's kind of in line with some of his rhetoric.
I wouldn't go accusing thrill of this. For whatever it's worth the account on facebook looks like it was just created as their is no info or posts or anything.

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Do you think it would be wise for a HC that probably won't be here next year and a same with the GM, to make trade deadline decisions when the new guy's want something different?

This is a mess! You are not getting much for what they have to trade anyway I suppose.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 am Do you think it would be wise for a HC that probably won't be here next year and a same with the GM, to make trade deadline decisions when the new guy's want something different?

This is a mess! You are not getting much for what they have to trade anyway I suppose.
Highly doubt any trade deadline decisions will be made. If anything happens it would need approval from the owner. I think there's a high chance Scott Layden is back next year.

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 am Do you think it would be wise for a HC that probably won't be here next year and a same with the GM, to make trade deadline decisions when the new guy's want something different?

Highly doubt any trade deadline decisions will be made. If anything happens it would need approval from the owner. I think there's a high chance Scott Layden is back next year.
I see. I figured they would go new GM and HC.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

The only decisions that will be made is how to pay for Thibs dead money contract by getting rid of as much salary as possible on the current roster.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:08 am
j2j wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 am

I see. I figured they would go new GM and HC.
I think they'll bring in someone like Billups to run the front office. He'll make decisions on the people below him, including Layden who could potentially stick on as the GM. More likely though, Billups brings in his own people.

I want Monty Williams over Hoiberg as the coach. We'll see how the Ryan experiment goes here though.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Monty and Chauncey would be solid gets, though I'm really pulling for Lil Flip.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Just sayin.
100% correct. 200%
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

j2j wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:59 am Monty and Chauncey would be solid gets, though I'm really pulling for Lil Flip.
I am too but no matter what, he will be on the coaching staff. My dream is to get Monty for HC and Chauncey in the front office. Little Saunders will get his chance. Let's not forget he is just 32.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

irishman89 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:24 am The only decisions that will be made is how to pay for Thibs dead money contract by getting rid of as much salary as possible on the current roster.
He'll sell the next 20 years of second round picks.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Good start, if he makes the playoffs, he should keep the job.

Tell Hoiberg to go fuck himself back to Iowa
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Good lord what a difference between Thibs and Saunders. Did the players EVER show this much praise towards Thibs? I can't think of a time. Incredible to see the entire team swarm and cheer for Saunders at the end. They all love that guy already

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Thibs is a good coach but he lacked the human element of coaching to connect to and with people.

Need that
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Wiggins sounds like he is starstruck

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:59 pm Wiggins sounds like he is starstruck

That is probably the best interview Wiggins has ever given. He had a pulse.