Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Tre Jones

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jffl_commish

Tre Jones

Post by jffl_commish »

Serious question, how many NBA teams could he lead right now? I'd vote for the Timberwolves for damn sure. He's already better than his brother
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Tre Jones

Post by HeHateMe »

He's a better defender than Tyus, has a little more size. He can't shoot though, I thought Tyus was a better shooter in HS and college but that hasn't translated to the pros really either.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Tre is better than Tyus. If Tre is a late lotto pick and we miss on the playoffs, I would take him.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Will Tyus and Tre form like Voltron when they are put on the court together? I'll hang up and listen
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:45 pm He's a better defender than Tyus, has a little more size. He can't shoot though, I thought Tyus was a better shooter in HS and college but that hasn't translated to the pros really either.
Tyus should be a better shooter than he is. His form is solid. I bet he'd be a pretty good shooter if he got the minutes to really get some shots up and get in a rhythm. Problem is, the rest of his game isn't good enough to demand that.

Good backup. That's probably all he'll ever be. But I bet he'll be that for about a dozen years in the NBA. That's a pretty good career.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:40 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:45 pm He's a better defender than Tyus, has a little more size. He can't shoot though, I thought Tyus was a better shooter in HS and college but that hasn't translated to the pros really either.
Tyus should be a better shooter than he is. His form is solid. I bet he'd be a pretty good shooter if he got the minutes to really get some shots up and get in a rhythm. Problem is, the rest of his game isn't good enough to demand that.

Good backup. That's probably all he'll ever be. But I bet he'll be that for about a dozen years in the NBA. That's a pretty good career.
If Tyus can hit that open 3, he could be a very capable back up like Patty Mills and Fred Van Fleet
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Tyus actually manages to play slower and sweat less than Andrew.

Tyus has weak legs. If you left him in the deep end of the pool for 20 minutes he would drown treading water.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

He's no Poop Richardson. I'll tell you that right now.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Never understood the love for Tyus.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Watched him last night and thought he'd be great for us...a lot better than Turd Teague.

Although I'm not a great NBA draft/College basketball.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

No thanks.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

People always like the younger guy. Do you think having 3 players on his team who will be selected in the top 5 has anything to do with him looking like he could run an NBA team? Don't forget how fantastic Tyus looked at Duke too. Just because he's had some underwhelming years in the NBA doesnt mean his brother is all of a sudden better than him.
D_H

Post by D_H »

He's going to look good at Duke ...but he won't be much of a NBA player. He's a great kid and I'll be rooting for him, he'll play 10 years in the NBA as a backup going from team to team.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

D_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:25 pm He's going to look good at Duke ...but he won't be much of a NBA player. He's a great kid and I'll be rooting for him, he'll play 10 years in the NBA as a backup going from team to team.
He's got three of the top 4 picks on his team.... you're right, of course he's going to look good. I don't know about his NBA future yet, he'll be in the league for sure and if he develops a good outside shot, he'll start at some point.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:59 pm Tre is better than Tyus. If Tre is a late lotto pick and we miss on the playoffs, I would take him.
You cannot be serious. Tre is not a lottery pick.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:36 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:59 pm Tre is better than Tyus. If Tre is a late lotto pick and we miss on the playoffs, I would take him.
People say he’s better than Tyus. Tyus was what? Pick 23-24?

So late lotto would be 15-16 range?

PG is our most dire need long term. If you like a guy, take them anywhere.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Same team together? Or is it one jones in, one out?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

recent mock has us taking ja morant at 10. that would get my attention a lot more than the younger jones.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:45 pm Tyus actually manages to play slower and sweat less than Andrew.

Tyus has weak legs. If you left him in the deep end of the pool for 20 minutes he would drown treading water.
This. He needs to get stronger. I get leaving early after winning the title but he really should’ve stuck in college another year or 2. He’s still young, he’ll get better.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Tyus's issue is he doesn't have the strength to consistently shoot the NBA 3, and he needs that to be effective.

Tre is better, bigger, longer, stronger, better athlete, better defender, better finisher...
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:40 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:36 am
People say he’s better than Tyus. Tyus was what? Pick 23-24?

So late lotto would be 15-16 range?

PG is our most dire need long term. If you like a guy, take them anywhere.
16 teams make the playoffs. So 1-14 is the lottery, 15-30 = playoff teams.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:31 am Tyus's issue is he doesn't have the strength to consistently shoot the NBA 3, and he needs that to be effective.

Tre is better, bigger, longer, stronger, better athlete, better defender, better finisher...
And can't shoot but if he can figure that out, he's definitely a starter in the NBA.
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:36 am
j2j wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:31 am Tyus's issue is he doesn't have the strength to consistently shoot the NBA 3, and he needs that to be effective.

And can't shoot but if he can figure that out, he's definitely a starter in the NBA.
Probably won't take much. I'd take him over Teague today.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:21 am
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:36 am

Probably won't take much. I'd take him over Teague today.
Ha, well... I think most are OK with him getting DNP-CD right now so...
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Separated AC joint...is this the same injury that people speculated ruined Markelle Fultz?
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 am Separated AC joint...is this the same injury that people speculated ruined Markelle Fultz?
Fultz has "thoracic outlet syndrome"

https://www.phillyvoice.com/markelle-fu ... cal-staff/
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

lol
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think jones stock took a definite hit in the tourney. wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting mocked around our 2nd rounder vicinity. he's the stick that stirred the drink on the most talented team in college ball - and today an outmatched MSU team took it to them. jones' savvy court wiles were outdone by winston's savvy court wiles, and he definitely looked like the lesser player of the two today.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:28 pm i think jones stock took a definite hit in the tourney. wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting mocked around our 2nd rounder vicinity. he's the stick that stirred the drink on the most talented team in college ball - and today an outmatched MSU team took it to them. jones' savvy court wiles were outdone by winston's savvy court wiles, and he definitely looked like the lesser player of the two today.
He doesn't impress me at all. He should come back for another year at Duke.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Adam Morrison a decade or so ago was lambasted for crying after a tournament loss. Will Tre endure the same fate, or does he get a pass?