Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ideal PG for this roster

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

Re: Ideal PG for this roster

Post by UnFadeable21 »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 pm that looks about right. teague (and us) should feel lucky if he gets and takes a similar offer somewhere else.
Teague won't get an offer like that because Dinwiddle is on the upside in his career. Teague will be on the downside. He will be lucky to get 2 years at 8 million per after this season.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 pm that looks about right. teague (and us) should feel lucky if he gets and takes a similar offer somewhere else.
Teague won't get an offer like that because Dinwiddle is on the upside in his career. Teague will be on the downside. He will be lucky to get 2 years at 8 million per after this season.
like i said, we (and teague) would be "lucky" if someone dangled that kind of offer to him. i'm tired of him pounding the ball into senselessness - his fourth quarter brain freeze - and that he often passes up shots that are obviously open. one gets the feeling that he's not taking those shots because a) he's shooting poorly now and b) he is worried that more misses mean worse % means a drop in his value on the open market. when in reality, for the good of the team, he's got to take those shots whether he hits or misses them. teams are catching on that he's reluctant to pull the trigger and that just allows them to D up the other guys closer. we can do better.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Joboo wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:01 am Darius Garland... I'll hang up and listen :scooter:
i think garland will be available where we pick. it's been said that his injury won't affect his draft status - but i've got to think he'll slide at least a couple of spots.

question for him as a pro is how long will it take him to adapt to the strength issues he'll face. and even if he'll be able to. 6-3 175 is pretty slim - doesn't help i suppose that he has the face of an 8th grader. but i'd be leery about picking him - unless he's a bonafide 3 point assassin, idk. but with only four games under his college belt, his 11 for 23 47% 3pt record isn't enough of a marker to assess how it's going to play out over long nba seasons and at nba 3 distance. even with all his other skills, i worry that his ceiling as a pro is a decent backup.

unless ja morant is available when we pick, i'd rather take one of the bigs that'll be there. drop tyus and pursue a backup sharpshooting PG in free agency. quinn cook, anyone? he's quietly dropped 3s at a 44% rate over three nba seasons.

btw, i'm not saying that quinn cook is the ideal PG for our roster. what might be happening though is that we'll be needing/wanting to fill multiple PG slots on our roster. we currently have 5 - and 4 of them go to free agency this summer. the only one who isn't (teague) we're hoping finds a new home on his own or via trade.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

PJ Dozier on Boston has a 31.73 PER, go get him!
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Teague would be perfect if he would initiate the offense, go spot up and actually shoot. Perfect I tell ya! That’s what sucks. He just won’t do it.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Everybody always forgets about Ramon Sessions in the photo galleries...
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Teague has shown himself to have the mental stability of a piece of kindling. He's here, barring a trade, forever. Or, next season anyway. It'll feel like waiting for Pek to miss enough games in a row to be written off the books, all over again...
T_J

Post by T_J »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:19 pm Teague has shown himself to have the mental stability of a piece of kindling. He's here, barring a trade, forever. Or, next season anyway. It'll feel like waiting for Pek to miss enough games in a row to be written off the books, all over again...
We waited on Pek for like 2 years before eating at least a year.

Teague has one year left and can at least play. Maybe he'd be a more effective backup and if nothing else, he's a big expiring contract next year to work into a trade.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

The answer is obvious:
Spoiler:
Poop Richardson
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The answer is Jeff Teague. His health is starting to fail and his shot is getting worse. He's not opting out of 19 million. He'll be the starting PG again next season. Thibs should of made the 3rd year a team option since the salary was so high already.

BOOK IT
T_J

Post by T_J »

Dragic out for 2 months. Send Teague there.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Me
Rod Strickland
The RZA
My top 3 choices
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

T_J wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:09 pm Dragic out for 2 months. Send Teague there.
I would if Dragic was an expiring. Since he's not, we have to hold on to Teague and hope to God that he declines his PO
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

YBBR wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:42 pm Me
Rod Strickland
The RZA
My top 3 choices
Guaranteed made 'em jump like Rod Strickland, my guy.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 pm
Rod Strickland
The RZA
My top 3 choices
:beer:
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Much to my surprise, the answer is Derrick Rose.

I am a big Jeff Teague fan, but he hasn't been healthy or a good fit with the Wolves.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:20 pm The answer is Jeff Teague. His health is starting to fail and his shot is getting worse. He's not opting out of 19 million. He'll be the starting PG again next season. Thibs should of made the 3rd year a team option since the salary was so high already.

BOOK IT
his health sucks and his shot sucks...so he is the ideal PG? wuttttttt
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Thibs will continue to play him heavy minutes even though we could get by with Rose/Tyus just fine. Who would have thought two years ago they'd get rid of Rubio (yes, they got the first which landed Okogie) to sign to a longer/bigger contract in Teague.

George Hill took to the 2+1 from the Kings, team option for next year. That would have been nice for Teague.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

boxter432 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:32 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:20 pm The answer is Jeff Teague. His health is starting to fail and his shot is getting worse. He's not opting out of 19 million. He'll be the starting PG again next season. Thibs should of made the 3rd year a team option since the salary was so high already.

BOOK IT
his health sucks and his shot sucks...so he is the ideal PG? wuttttttt
No, I’m saying he’s going to be back here next year unless we can find someone to take him.

He’s opting in.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I would sign Jeremy Lin. Dude has good size, can finish at the rim, shoot the 3, and pass.

I think the max we can offer Rose next season is 4 years 40 million. I like Drose a lot but those 25 shots a night isn’t going to win us many games.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

as much as he's played well, you can't offer rose a four year contract. at some point, sooner than later, his knees will catch up to him and you just can't give a 30 year old with that kind of mileage a four year deal - unless you could frontload the thing like $14M/$10M/$8M/$6M. and i doubt that rose would agree to that. if he did, that would tell you a lot about his own confidence in his longterm health.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jones

Tre Jones
Let's get Tropical
T_J

Post by T_J »

Fuck it. You know what, Rondo.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 pm
Rod Strickland
The RZA
My top 3 choices
Rod was always a sneaky fantasy pg.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

This team needs to find a new head coach FIRST! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
salamander

Post by salamander »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm Jeff "I never miss the play offs" Teague ids the right guy

I remember Cory Cove being all over Teague's nuts. I didn't know why. I know he has break out games here and there but he's a one trick pony who's scared to do that one trick at times.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

still like how tomas satoransky would fit with this team. decent D, great size, always moves the ball, smart, athletic, good stroke from 3, positional flexibility, ready to take on a bigger role, but would be okay with sharing time with rose at that spot, won't cost a ton.
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

I’m hoping Teague opt into his player option year. He would be a great guy to trade with Dieng to get some cap space to sign Taj Gibson.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

You all know it’s becoming increasing clear......it’s Tyus.

jodadamus strikes again.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Now that Tyus may be out for an extended time

how about someone like

Lin as a decent replacement

Dinwiddleyo over teague?