Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ideal PG for this roster

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Corre Ricky Corre

Re: Ideal PG for this roster

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:43 am I'd take Collison or Joseph from IND. Looks like they are looking to move one, or both.
I have a feeling that the Suns make a run at one of them.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Fred Van Fleet is a solid cheaper guy, too. He looked like Rod Strickland last night.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Dimes, D and 3.... that's my cop out answer
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Teague will be back next year. He’s not opting out of 19 million.

The question is, will Tyus be back?
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

If Marcus Smart wasn't such a horrific shooter, Smart, Wiggins and Covington would be a terror on D.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 pm Teague will be back next year. He’s not opting out of 19 million.

The question is, will Tyus be back?
i'm resigned to teague returning as well - but do think there's a glimmer of hope for his departure thru free agency. (and that's in the event we can't find a trade partner). anyway, according to espn - there's just a buttload of PGs who will hit free agency in one form or another this summer. i do think that there's going to be a lot of player movement - and with that comes the possibility that some team will have a new opening that they offer to teague. at his age, 3 years at $30M might be more attractive than our final year of $19M.

here's espn's FA PG list for summer 2019:

jeremy lin - kyrie irving (PO) - terry rozier (RFA) - brad wannamaker (RFA) - d'angelo russell (RFA) - spencer dinwiddie - kemba walker - cameron payne (RFA) - ryan arcidiacono (RFA) - tyler ulis - jj barea - devin harris - isaiah thomas - ish smith - jose calderon - quinn cook - michael carter-williams - darren collison - cory joseph

edmond sumner - milos teodosic - patrick beverley - rajon rondo - shelvin mack - tyler johnson (PO) - goran dragic (PO) - eric bledsoe - malcolm brogdon (RFA) - trevon duval (RFA) - elfrid payton - ian clark - andrew harrison (RFA) - emmanuel mudiay (RFA) - trey burke - raymond felton - deonte burton (RFA) - jerian grant (RFA)

tj mcconnell - demetrius jackson (RFA) - jawun evans (RFA) - seth curry - wade baldwin IV - delon wright (RFA) - lorenzo brown - ricky rubio - austin rivers - tomas satoransky - plus our own derrick rose - tyus jones - jared terrell - jerryd bayless

that's 52 PGs according to espn. and that list doesn't include PGs of the grizzled vet, gleague warrior, recent UDFA variety still hoping to latch onto an nba team: jamel artis, kadeem allen, joel berry, aaron brooks, dwight buycks, isaiah canaan, mario chalmers, malcolm delaney, tyler ennis, kay felder, jonathon gibson, olivier hanlan, jarrett jack, mike james, brandon jennings, shane larkin, ty lawson, walt lemon jr., josh magette, codi miller-mcintyre, xavier munford, jameer nelson, marcus paige, gary payton II, chasson randle, kobi simmons, joe young, ramon sessions, jonathon stark, briante weber, etc.

if teague opts to sign elsewhere, my current faves in terms of fit and affordability are tomas satoransky, quinn cook, cory joseph, patrick beverley, andrew harrison, tj mcconnell, and delon wright.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Really no one being brought up here is any better than Teague. Sure it would be nice to dump that contract but who are they realistically signing with that money anyway?

I do like Beverly. Rozier is going to get a phat deal.

I agree with Fade, he's not opting out of that deal.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Trade for Wall and be done with the question for 5 years...
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

only i don't think the wizards would take andrew for him. so what you'd have in 2021-22 would be three players on our team making $106M.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

teague is holding this team back so much. no ball movemnt, he can't score on his own or defend anyone either.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:12 pm only i don't think the wizards would take andrew for him. so what you'd have in 2021-22 would be three players on our team making $106M.
I was going with the Dieng and Teague trade option that is highly unrealistic. Still, we can dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Said it before. D Rose should be the starting PG.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:50 pm Said it before. D Rose should be the starting PG.
You've been saying it since the start of the season. If he can play starter minutes, why the hell not? Let Teague be the kickstarter from the bench.
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

Dinwiddie would be a great fit for the right price 8-9 mil per. Otherwise resigning D-Rose.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

At this point, I'd take anyone who doesn't look like he's suffering through Walking-Malaria out there.
Ketchup can be nuancy
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

H8ter wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:42 am Dinwiddie would be a great fit for the right price 8-9 mil per. Otherwise resigning D-Rose.
i wouldn't doubt if dinwiddie commands more than that. he came off the bench last night to score 39. his game is starting to show.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Teague will opt in. He'll be 31 for that year, so he's not that old. Even after the season he could get a 3 year deal and play till he is 34-35.

I do wonder if the Wolves and Teague negotiate an extension for a reduced rate. Basically i'm opting in unless you give me a 3 year deal for 45 million of something.

Rose can't be expected to stay healthy to be a realistic starter.

Teague at a reduced rate, resign Rose and draft a PG. Tyus, it's been real.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Magic Johnson.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

While I prefer prefer not to trade for what can be essentially signed for nothing, the best fit of those that is also reasonable to consider is the Pels dumping Holiday if/when Davis hits the road....for me this is easy. Although I see it taking more than a first...
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

I just can't stand Teague.

Off that list, Beverly, Holliday, Russell or Ricky.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

I just realized something... We got Okogie with the 1st in the Rubio trade. That alone made the trade worth it.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 pm I just realized something... We got Okogie with the 1st in the Rubio trade. That alone made the trade worth it.
:thumbsup:
T_J

Post by T_J »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:50 pm Said it before. D Rose should be the starting PG.
The Big Ticket said it also.

I would start Tyus and still have Rose come off the bench if we could move Teague.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

T_J wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:08 pm

I would start Tyus and still have Rose come off the bench if we could move Teague.
Rose health does not allow you to do that. Be happy, thrilled even, with what we’re getting....it’s likely gonna crash and burn soon. Sorry to say...
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Stork311 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Rose health does not allow you to do that. Be happy, thrilled even, with what we’re getting....it’s likely gonna crash and burn soon. Sorry to say...
You lie, YOU LIE!!!

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The Brooklyn Nets and guard Spencer Dinwiddie have agreed to a three-year contract extension, the team announced Thursday.

The deal is for $34 million, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. There will be a player option on the third year, sources said.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

that looks about right. teague (and us) should feel lucky if he gets and takes a similar offer somewhere else.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

what are opinions on tyus' old duke backcourt mate, quinn cook? he's done much better as a pro than i thought he would - anyway, he's been serving nicely in GSW as a backup. he's a FA this summer, and if we drop tyus - he might be a nice upgrade. they've both been playing a little over 17 MPG this year.

tyus jones per 36 - 8 pts/3 rebs/6 assts on 37%/29%/75%

quinn cook per 36- 18 pts/5 rebs/ 4 assts on 51%/43%/85%

some of you may recall that he played really well last year in extended minutes over the final 18 games of the year while curry was out. his numbers in that stretch were 15/4/4 with highs of 30, 28 and 25 pts. shooting 50%/45%/86% - which lines up with what he's showing this year and what his career avgs are like. pretty damn efficient shooter and scorer. i know you've got a leg up on the competition when you're surrounded by GSW's talent - but still, the spotlight is big in those moments and cook has shown that he doesn't get small when his number is called.
witljon

Post by witljon »

I'd rank em ....
1. Teague
2. Rose
3. Tyus
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Darius Garland... I'll hang up and listen :scooter: