Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ideal PG for this roster

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
T_J

Ideal PG for this roster

Post by T_J »

So I think we all hope Teague moves on either via trade or opting out this summer. Let's not turn this into a Teague discussion, but rather let's discuss who would be a good fit going forward with the core guys, Towns, Covington, Wiggins, Okogie, & Saric. I sort of dismiss everyone else on the roster as eithetr expendable or not worthy of starting long term.

2019 FA pg's:
Kyrie (PO) - no chance
Kemba (UFA) - would be awesome, but seems highly unlikely
Dragic (PO) - I've always been a fan, but he's probably peaked and would probably need 3 years for too much $$$
Bledsoe (UFA) - Flip tried to trade for him (allegedly), personally not a huge fan. I feel like he's a bit of a head case and a chucker
Rozier (RFA) - I'd be quite interested in making an offer, but do we have enough room to outbid other teams? The Celtics could end up matching anyway.
D'Angelo Russell (RFA) - He's having a pretty good year statistically on a bad team. 18/5. Maturity issues known. I'd actually be interested. Also he has that fun clip watching Blake dunk...."he didn't even stretch tho...dohhhhhh."
Ricky Buckets - doubt he's coming back here, but this place would have a group boner if he did. If Utah heats up the 2nd half again, they'll resign him anyway.
Dinwiddle (UFA) - I know nothing about him
Collison (UFA) - Pass
Beverley (UFA)- I'd be interested. Just keep stacking up that defense.
Brogdon (RFA) - Eh
Isiah Thomas (UFA) - Pass
Rondo (UFA) - Pass
McConnell (UFA) - maybe some interest

Trade candidates -
John Wall - high risk, maybe high reward
Lillard - my dream candidate, but I don't think we have the resources to get him. I'd make multiple picks and anyone but Towns and Cov available.
Jrue - if the Pels move on from Davis when he says he won't take the super max, they may blow that team up. I'd send a 1st their way for Holiday.
Conley - Another dream candidate. $32 mil and player option for $34 mil...probably have to send Wiggns or Dieng and too many 1st's for it to work.

Who am I missing? JJ Moxie? Just playin.
kilkenny

Re: Ideal PG for this roster

Post by kilkenny »

If we could get Beverley I'd be pretty stoked.

The guys listed in your trade candidates area are just not attainable or I wouldn't touch in John Wall.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

-Beverly
-McConnell is underrated because he’s stuck behind Simmons. He played well last playoffs. Got Simmons benched some 4th quarters, I believe.
-Could draft one but I think we need the athletic C more and most young PGs take time.

We need a 3&D type PG. Someone to run the offense.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

I doubt anything really changes. Teague probably wont opt out and Thibs will sign Rose to an extension.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 am I doubt anything really changes. Teague probably wont opt out and Thibs will sign Rose to an extension.
Likely.

Thibs won’t want to trade Teague to set us up better going forward.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

pretty much anyone but teague
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Jeff "I never miss the play offs" Teague ids the right guy

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm Jeff "I never miss the play offs" Teague ids the right guy

Haha, that was brutal.

Fuck Teague.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Teague was Wolves Rubio last night.

3pts 11 ast
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

The guy dribbles the fuck out of the ball and then passes it with 2 seconds on the shot clock.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Teague is “Terrific”........just ask Thibbs.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:15 pm Teague was Wolves Rubio last night.

3pts 11 ast
Rubio on his 3 point 10 assist nights > Teague when he does it.

The biggest reason is that Rubio didn't dominate the ball and still could at the very least run an offense.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

qrocks

Post by qrocks »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm Jeff "I never miss the play offs" Teague ids the right guy

this totally sums up Teague's current game. how can the coaches keep playing him?????
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

We need a guy that can stay in front of a PG. I like to see Bledsoe and Rozier. We don't need a star in that position...

If the starters are KAT, Saric, RoCo and Wiggins, then I could see (puke in my mouth a little bit..) Rubio coming back for 25 mpg at a vet minimum price. Is he worth more than that across the league???
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

qrocks wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 pm

this totally sums up Teague's current game. how can the coaches keep playing him?????
We get him to shoot off ball and all he does is pound the air out of it.

It drives me mad.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Not gonna take the time to go back and check, but pretty sure the majority of the hoops rubes here were in favor of getting Teague.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
witljon

Post by witljon »

With Emmanuel Mudiay playing well for the Knicks, Im really intrigued with Frank Ntilikina as a possibility.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

I'd def take Beverly over Teague in a heartbeat. But is he ideal? At least specifically in terms of being a title contender?

Our wings in Wig/Cov lack handle to say the least. Beverly is fine in the pick and roll but isn't really a 'creator' in terms of drive and kick or get his own shot guy.

It's nitpicky but I don't think he's ideal in terms of cranking up our offense. Of course I'd take him in a heartbeat if he came here but i doubt were on the radar
bri

Post by bri »

Someone who can accurately pass, doesn't over dribble and can play d.. oh wait we traded him
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

whoever we get, i want him to be an up and comer, rather than a someone floating on their reputation but not really all that much anymore. which is what we got in teague. $19M a year for a former all-star? yeah... okay... swallow hard... let's do it! when, in reality, the allstar bit was an aberration and jeff doesn't even approach all-star quality. and then we're stuck with the $19M bit.

much rather take a flyer on a guy who is on the rise, is still a question mark but looks like a good bet, and can be had for $19M... for three years, not one.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
witljon

Post by witljon »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:23 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:15 pm Teague was Wolves Rubio last night.

3pts 11 ast
Rubio on his 3 point 10 assist nights > Teague when he does it.

The biggest reason is that Rubio didn't dominate the ball and still could at the very least run an offense.
And I like Rubio's defense much better.
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:12 pm whoever we get, i want him to be an up and comer, rather than a someone floating on their reputation but not really all that much anymore. which is what we got in teague. $19M a year for a former all-star? yeah... okay... swallow hard... let's do it! when, in reality, the allstar bit was an aberration and jeff doesn't even approach all-star quality. and then we're stuck with the $19M bit.

much rather take a flyer on a guy who is on the rise, is still a question mark but looks like a good bet, and can be had for $19M... for three years, not one.
Frank Ntilikina?
D'Angelo Russell?
Markelle Fultz?
witljon

Post by witljon »

Hornets wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:46 pm Not gonna take the time to go back and check, but pretty sure the majority of the hoops rubes here were in favor of getting Teague.....
I don't know if we can say that. There was still a lot of Ricky Rubio fans here.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

witljon wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:22 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:12 pm whoever we get, i want him to be an up and comer, rather than a someone floating on their reputation but not really all that much anymore. which is what we got in teague. $19M a year for a former all-star? yeah... okay... swallow hard... let's do it! when, in reality, the allstar bit was an aberration and jeff doesn't even approach all-star quality. and then we're stuck with the $19M bit.

Frank Ntilikina?
D'Angelo Russell?
Markelle Fultz?
i'll have to look - but i've said before that i think satoransky would be a good fit with our guys - plus i think he's ready to take the next step.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Rubio isn't the answer and neither is Teague... he marginally better if he ever shoots.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Tyus Jones.
T_J

Post by T_J »

T_J wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 am Let's not turn this into a Teague discussion
Some of you guys can't follow directions very well.
T_J

Post by T_J »

witljon wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:24 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:46 pm Not gonna take the time to go back and check, but pretty sure the majority of the hoops rubes here were in favor of getting Teague.....
I don't know if we can say that. There was still a lot of Ricky Rubio fans here.
Most people hated the signing only because we got rid of Rubio to do it. On its own merit at the time it seemed fine to me and just hasn't worked out that well.
j2j

Post by j2j »

A 3&D PG would be ideal. Initiate the offense, cut/space/screen, then spot up. And lock down the opposing PG. Basically what Kirk Hinrich, Avery Bradley, Patrick Beverley, George Hill were at the top of their game.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I'd take Collison or Joseph from IND. Looks like they are looking to move one, or both.