Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post your apologies. Time to support Thibs

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
zeitgeist

Re: Post your apologies. Time to support Thibs

Post by zeitgeist »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:34 am
zeitgeist wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:15 am

He's three years younger.

How is he a better fit? Our offense is already good and has been for a few years, our defense has been atrocious. What does Murray do to change that? He's not that much of a contributor to an offense now where he's playing with one of the best passers in the NBA.

Kris Dunn was absolutely not an overpick where he was selected at all, he was thought of pretty highly among the picks available in a poor draft. Granted he's been pretty awful, funnily enough you still complain about the trade though, haven't heard you chime in on the Covington + Saric deal though. Covington is a better fit than either of them btw, far better.
This is pretty simple.

Murray>>>>Dunn and much younger.

Rubio>>> Dunn

We needed shooting and we already had a better pg than Dunn on roster and a capable backup.

An Dunn has nothing to do with the Covington Saric deal, which I like. In fact, if Dunn was worth a shit we might not have had to swap picks to get Butler and thus COv and Saric. Could have another top 10 pick on roster.

The Dunn pick was a disaster plain and simple. Thibs' highest pick and his worst move.
It's so simple yet you get so much of it wrong.

It's kinda funny how much you shit on the Butler trade yet here you are talking down Dunn like he's trash. Well, I would agree Dunn is not a good basketball player right now, so you're proving my point for me, and Murray is SLIGHTLY above him. Okay, he could have provided some decent shooting off the bench, why are we pissed about that? You really think it's difficult to replicate what Murray brings?

Rubio wanted a trade, he wasn't going to stay here and it's not like Utah is doing anything this year with Rubio there. They struggled mightly last year until the second half when Rubio started shooting 40% from 3 and wasn't a deathknell for spacing.

Covington/Saric is intrinsictly related to Dunn because Butler was here all of one year, I'd hoped you'd be able to connect the dots. It's easy to say 'if Dunn was x than the Butler trade would have been y" but that's pure conjecture.

It was not a disaster because Jamal Murray doesn't move any needle.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 am
morneaumvp wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:29 am
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:07 am
Wasn't a deflection, just pointing out you and the guy who created this thread wanted him out recently. I'll always be on the Fire Thibs wagon, I was never on the hire Thibs wagon, things didn't go so well in Chicago.

I like still approve of both Butler trades but I don't care for him as a coach and think he's in over his head as an executive. But Glen gave him all that money so... I do wonder if they miss the playoffs if Thibs gets canned. Doogie previously said they were absolutely changes coming if they had lost to Denver last year in Game 82.
So basically you were on the fire him bandwagon even before we hired him
I wanted Jeff Van Gundy hired, not Thibs. I gave it a shot and he picked Kris Dunn over Jamal Murray right away.
I think you have to count that Dunn became => Butler => Rocco/Saric into that equation so he was actually a very good asset.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:01 am
zeitgeist wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:57 am

Stop overrating Murray, what is with people's obsession over him? Averaging 17.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.7 apg that looks really nice, right? Well, not exactly. 103 ORtg, .74 WS/48, -.0.8 BPM, .39 BPM.

This is a guy playing on the 8th best offense in the league, playing next to one of the greatest big man passers ever and he has a 103 ORtg, his team has a 112.67 ORtg. Maybe he gets better but he's really nothing special right now.
He's better than Dunn, 4 years younger and a million times better fit for us then and now.

It was Thibs' highest pick and he absolutely blew it.

How is he a better fit? Our offense is already good and has been for a few years, our defense has been atrocious. What does Murray do to change that? He's not that much of a contributor to an offense now where he's playing with one of the best passers in the NBA.

Kris Dunn was absolutely not an overpick where he was selected at all, he was thought of pretty highly among the picks available in a poor draft. Granted he's been pretty awful, funnily enough you still complain about the trade though, haven't heard you chime in on the Covington + Saric deal though. Covington is a better fit than either of them btw, far better.
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:59 am
Did I rate him at all? I said I preferred Murray over Dunn. Sorry, zeit. We had Rubio/Tyus, I wanted Murray or Buddy.
You rated him enough that you are insinuating that you had made up your mind based on Thibs not selecting Murray in the draft, that is overrating Murray.
:thumbsup:

This narrative that Thibs is the worst because of that pick is laughable, have people not seen how bad our other GMs have been...

Thibs worst decision is their best.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

T_J wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:20 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:04 am

There was none. :mrgreen:
Says the same Thibblodytes that thought everything was peachy with Butler and he would sign a great deal here.

#headinsandclub#

:lol:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Post a link to report where Taylor made the Philly trade by himself or shut the fuck up. You make up so much shit like youre in the fucking room. You don't get to have everything both ways jackass.

Jodaaaaaa, answer the man!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:14 pm
whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:01 am

He's better than Dunn, 4 years younger and a million times better fit for us then and now.

It was Thibs' highest pick and he absolutely blew it.

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:59 am
Did I rate him at all? I said I preferred Murray over Dunn. Sorry, zeit. We had Rubio/Tyus, I wanted Murray or Buddy.
You rated him enough that you are insinuating that you had made up your mind based on Thibs not selecting Murray in the draft, that is overrating Murray.
:thumbsup:

This narrative that Thibs is the worst because of that pick is laughable, have people not seen how bad our other GMs have been...

Thibs worst decision is their best.
He's not the worst because of THAT pick.... I said I didn't like the hire in the first place and that pick was enough for me right away. He should not be in charge of the front office. He should be a coach and that's it.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Re: You can't have it both ways. Time to support Thibs

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:21 pm This is the same nutjob who told players not to talk to Jim Peterson. Lied to Glen Taylor all summer. Doesn't talk to numerous players on his team.

Yeah.... let's support Thibs.

I support the organization, not the coach who doesn't give two shits about the fans.
:lol: Greatest post of your life.

Thibs doesn't care about the fans but...................you support the organization???????????? That cares about the fans?????????????

Straight up fucking classic!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:12 pm

I wanted Jeff Van Gundy hired, not Thibs. I gave it a shot and he picked Kris Dunn over Jamal Murray right away.
I think you have to count that Dunn became => Butler => Rocco/Saric into that equation so he was actually a very good asset.
So Patton was a success too then because he was part of that deal? I think you need to look individually. Again, I was fine with trading for Butler and trading Butler to Philly... I like the return in both. Doesn't mean Dunn/Patton were successful selections. Okogie/KBD look pretty good, I'm on record for loving the KBD pick.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Re: You can't have it both ways. Time to support Thibs

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:33 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:21 pm This is the same nutjob who told players not to talk to Jim Peterson. Lied to Glen Taylor all summer. Doesn't talk to numerous players on his team.

Yeah.... let's support Thibs.

I support the organization, not the coach who doesn't give two shits about the fans.
:lol: Greatest post of your life.

Thibs doesn't care about the fans but...................you support the organization???????????? That cares about the fans?????????????

Straight up fucking classic!
:thumbsup: Thanks bud.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Style wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:35 am The irony in all of this seems to be that Covington is everything Thibs wanted/needed Butler to be for the franchise.
Right. Thibs let Butler do whatever he wanted even after Butler told him last summer he wanted out. Covington comes in and the whole team is clicking now. Terrific chemistry, better than pretty much any point last year during the season. Butler and Towns got along for the press conference and that's probably about it.
Towns was so happy that day at the MOA
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Wasn't the Dunn pick because we had a deal in place with Chicago and they wanted him? Nothing happened then a year later he's shipped. That was the vague rumor if i recall.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:33 pm
Was probably Richardson and Olynk, Miami said no to adding a 1st but who knows.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:18 pm
T_J wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:20 am

Says the same Thibblodytes that thought everything was peachy with Butler and he would sign a great deal here.

#headinsandclub#

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Post a link to report where Taylor made the Philly trade by himself or shut the fuck up. You make up so much shit like youre in the fucking room. You don't get to have everything both ways jackass.

Jodaaaaaa, answer the man!
He is combing the web to find any bleacher report, #TSpence26, Derek Rick report that even hints at this. If he doesn't find it, he'll never respond in this thread again.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:34 pm Wasn't the Dunn pick because we had a deal in place with Chicago and they wanted him? Nothing happened then a year later he's shipped. That was the vague rumor if i recall.
I think the Wolves offered the #5 pick and Rubio for Butler. Bulls supposedly rejected that and asked for LaVine + #5 for Butler, there might have been more though KC Johnson one of the Chicago writers shot down the Bulls offering Butler for LaVine and #5.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:52 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:34 pm Wasn't the Dunn pick because we had a deal in place with Chicago and they wanted him? Nothing happened then a year later he's shipped. That was the vague rumor if i recall.
I think the Wolves offered the #5 pick and Rubio for Butler. Bulls supposedly rejected that and asked for LaVine + #5 for Butler, there might have been more though KC Johnson one of the Chicago writers shot down the Bulls offering Butler for LaVine and #5.
10-4. Yep, it's a bit hazy after a couple years.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:09 pm
whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:34 am

This is pretty simple.

Murray>>>>Dunn and much younger.

Rubio>>> Dunn

We needed shooting and we already had a better pg than Dunn on roster and a capable backup.

An Dunn has nothing to do with the Covington Saric deal, which I like. In fact, if Dunn was worth a shit we might not have had to swap picks to get Butler and thus COv and Saric. Could have another top 10 pick on roster.

The Dunn pick was a disaster plain and simple. Thibs' highest pick and his worst move.
It's so simple yet you get so much of it wrong.

It's kinda funny how much you shit on the Butler trade yet here you are talking down Dunn like he's trash. Well, I would agree Dunn is not a good basketball player right now, so you're proving my point for me, and Murray is SLIGHTLY above him. Okay, he could have provided some decent shooting off the bench, why are we pissed about that? You really think it's difficult to replicate what Murray brings?

Rubio wanted a trade, he wasn't going to stay here and it's not like Utah is doing anything this year with Rubio there. They struggled mightly last year until the second half when Rubio started shooting 40% from 3 and wasn't a deathknell for spacing.

Covington/Saric is intrinsictly related to Dunn because Butler was here all of one year, I'd hoped you'd be able to connect the dots. It's easy to say 'if Dunn was x than the Butler trade would have been y" but that's pure conjecture.

It was not a disaster because Jamal Murray doesn't move any needle.
Murray was a far better pick than Dunn. Plain and simple. He 's a better player now as a 21 year old prospect than Dunn will likely ever be. We already had a better pg than Dunn on a nice contract.

That's not even saying that Murray is that great. Just a better player and a better pick.

Say we take Murray and wanted to trade for Butler right now. It's far more likely that they would take Murray and either Lavine or whomever we took with pick 7, and we wouldn't have to give up all three like we did with Dunn. We would have been more likely to keep an extra asset. It was just a bad pick and there's no other way around.

Murray could develop into a star. Dunn almost certainly will not. Thibs highest pick.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Don't have to apologize since I never really have shat on him too much other than his not playing Okogie which should be federal crime.

The guy is a weirdo but also is a brilliant basketball mind and as I have said before pretty damn funny off the court. On the court he is a barking seal who rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

I applaud the Butler move it was ballsy even if it backfired. You can complain about Dunn/Murray all you want but lets not forget stealing of Josh Okogie and maybe someday KBD as well.

The Philly trade as it turns out might be the best move of them all. RoCo and KAT seem to have incredible chemistry together and there are even signs that Wiggins may indeed have a pulse.

Saric is really the cherry on top... tough hard nosed player who gives max effort on both sides of the court.

Other than playing Tyus over Okogie there isn't a lot I have issue with on Thibs right now.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Joboo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:38 pm Don't have to apologize since I never really have shat on him too much other than his not playing Okogie which should be federal crime.

The guy is a weirdo but also is a brilliant basketball mind and as I have said before pretty damn funny off the court. On the court he is a barking seal who rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

I applaud the Butler move it was ballsy even if it backfired. You can complain about Dunn/Murray all you want but lets not forget stealing of Josh Okogie and maybe someday KBD as well.

The Philly trade as it turns out might be the best move of them all. RoCo and KAT seem to have incredible chemistry together and there are even signs that Wiggins may indeed have a pulse.

Saric is really the cherry on top... tough hard nosed player who gives max effort on both sides of the court.

Other than playing Tyus over Okogie there isn't a lot I have issue with on Thibs right now.

The Philly trade was the best move so far.

And it had nothing to do with Thibs. He never would have made that move unless he had to. H e would have let his boner for Butler destroy this team.r

I guarantee Thibs would've rather kept Butler than Towns. And rumors were he was shopping him early this summer.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Dunn AND Lavine AND another top 10 pick.

If your boy didn't make such a god awful pick the year prior wecouldve gotten Butler for cheaper.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:10 pm
Joboo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:38 pm Don't have to apologize since I never really have shat on him too much other than his not playing Okogie which should be federal crime.

And it had nothing to do with Thibs. He never would have made that move unless he had to. H e would have let his boner for Butler destroy this team.r

I guarantee Thibs would've rather kept Butler than Towns. And rumors were he was shopping him early this summer.
You are clearly out of your mind if you believe that :lol:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:10 pm

WC keeps its ear to the ground, never once heard that. :lol:

Maybe you are confusing him not wanting to sign with the Jimmy drama going on but still... :lol:
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Appearing on ESPN, Brian Windhorst elaborated on talk of tension between Towns and Minnesota:

Let’s just put it this way: I didn’t make this up. People in the league have been saying, “You know, maybe we should call and take a look and see what’s going on with Karl Towns.” Now, he and Tom Thibodeau did not have the greatest season together. I think that’s far to say.

They recently fired Vince Legarza, who’s his strength-and-conditioning coach or he’s actually his workout coach with the Wolves and, according to The Athletic, didn’t tell him about it. He found out when everybody else did.

I don’t think that the Wolves are looking to trade him, but teams are definitely sniffing around as if maybe there’s something here.

They’ve already taken some calls on him. This is not new. Blake Griffin, the Clippers called and offered Blake Griffin for him. They’re going to, I believe, get more calls on this, especially the way there seems to be a disconnect between Karl and the franchise.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm Appearing on ESPN, Brian Windhorst elaborated on talk of tension between Towns and Minnesota:

Let’s just put it this way: I didn’t make this up. People in the league have been saying, “You know, maybe we should call and take a look and see what’s going on with Karl Towns.” Now, he and Tom Thibodeau did not have the greatest season together. I think that’s far to say.

They recently fired Vince Legarza, who’s his strength-and-conditioning coach or he’s actually his workout coach with the Wolves and, according to The Athletic, didn’t tell him about it. He found out when everybody else did.

I don’t think that the Wolves are looking to trade him, but teams are definitely sniffing around as if maybe there’s something here.

They’ve already taken some calls on him. This is not new. Blake Griffin, the Clippers called and offered Blake Griffin for him. They’re going to, I believe, get more calls on this, especially the way there seems to be a disconnect between Karl and the franchise.

Fucking r-tard.
So Thibs takes calls on Towns right after Jimmy tells him he wants out? No coincidence there?

Thibs would have traded Towns over Butler if he could have, no doubt. That's why he shouldn't be an NBA exec.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I could call and ask LA for Lebron, doesn't mean they are looking to trade him.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:31 pm I could call and ask LA for Lebron, doesn't mean they are looking to trade him.
Thibs didn't even pick up the phone when teams called about Butler until the owner forced him to and well after it was painfully obvious that he had to.

The response "we're building around Jimmy Butler". Not KAT. Butler, like no other exec would even consider.

He did take calls on Towns however, after Jimmy told him it wasn't going to work.

His Butler love would have destroyed this franchise if it was allowed to. He was forced to make a deal he didn't want to make that just so happened to work out for us.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm Appearing on ESPN, Brian Windhorst elaborated on talk of tension between Towns and Minnesota:

Thanks for the fresh news. I'm off to go golf now. Maybe swimming. Can;'t wait for the season to start in 5 months.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Try to follow along Thrillkill.
bri

Post by bri »

Still need a new coach. Team is winning in spite of thibs
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

bri wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:41 pm Still need a new coach. Team is winning in spite of thibs