Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post your apologies. Time to support Thibs

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Post your apologies. Time to support Thibs

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:57 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:19 am
morneaumvp wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:00 am

Nice deflection, admit it he is the greatest GM in team history.

And is now or atleast very close to being the 2nd winningest coach in franchise history :lol:
The usage of tradeable assets to get Butler and also sign Teague, Dieng, Wiggins (who you cry like no other about), drafting of (Mr Glass), Cole Aldrich and criminal non-usage development of Belly.

Greatest GM! :lol:

Sad :|
Butler is the best player ever acquired in a trade by the Wolves.

He then turned that situation into Rocco and Saric :thumbsup:

Nice try, but he is clearly the best GM :lol:
I like Covington and Saric, but at the time the Butler deal was done, I wouldn’t have traded LaVine, Dunn and the #7 pick in the draft for them. A good GM wouldn’t have either. A good GM also likely wouldn’t have traded all that for a player that had no intention of signing a contract with your team (which is exactly what Butler was).

Now fast forward after reading Butler’s story from the Redick podcast that last Summer he made it clear to Thibbs at every opportunity he needed to trade him and instead he pretended like he never heard a word. A good GM would have immediately started working every team in the draft if they had interest in Butler. IMO at that time a good GM would have likely been able to come away with picks and or players that would have been better than Covington and Saric.

Best GM? :lol:

This is an employee/leader of the Team that buried information that he should have used to the Teams absolute best advantage and he clearly did not......that is failure to do his job. That is clear grounds for termination for any employee in any organization.

IMO - Not a good GM, and his coaching ability in today’s NBA is starting to look far worse than his GM abilities.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:42 am
jodaman01 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:19 am

The usage of tradeable assets to get Butler and also sign Teague, Dieng, Wiggins (who you cry like no other about), drafting of (Mr Glass), Cole Aldrich and criminal non-usage development of Belly.

Greatest GM! :lol:

Sad :|

I like Covington and Saric, but at the time the Butler deal was done, I wouldn’t have traded LaVine, Dunn and the #7 pick in the draft for them. A good GM wouldn’t have either. A good GM also likely wouldn’t have traded all that for a player that had no intention of signing a contract with your team (which is exactly what Butler was).

Now fast forward after reading Butler’s story from the Redick podcast that last Summer he made it clear to Thibbs at every opportunity he needed to trade him and instead he pretended like he never heard a word. A good GM would have immediately started working every team in the draft if they had interest in Butler. IMO at that time a good GM would have likely been able to come away with picks and or players that would have been better than Covington and Saric.

This is an employee/leader of the Team that buried information that he should have used to the Teams absolute best advantage and he clearly did not......that is failure to do his job. That is clear grounds for termination for any employee in any organization.

IMO - Not a good GM, and his coaching ability in today’s NBA is starting to look far worse than his GM abilities.

Lavine and Dunn are nobodies, that trade is still great today. Rocco and Saric are also better than those two. :lol:

McFail and that dummy Kahn wish they could have his track record.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

morneaumvp wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:00 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:42 am

Lavine and Dunn are nobodies, that trade is still great today. Rocco and Saric are also better than those two. :lol:

McFail and that dummy Kahn wish they could have his track record.
I sorta miss Khan. That was some wild shit back then....
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

The only thing Thibs the HC has earned is a job until the end of this year. That statement is generous considering he could have easily been fired just as the Butler trade was going down. If he gets the team to the play-offs again, I think he earns another year or two. If not, then best of luck on your next job Tommy!!!!

Rose signing has been great. The Wiggins contract extension and the KAT extension wash out - one awesome, the other a train wreck that hasn't left the train station yet. In 20/20 hindsight, the Butler trade and the Dieng contract moves were too risky. The Teague/Rubio flip wasn't great especially as Obi Wan isn't in the rotation and Rubio would have fit in really well next to Butler and now Covington.

bottom line, fans of Thibs or not; we probably need to go a different direction at the end of year.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Giving Thibs credit for Saric and Cov is absurd.

He would have stuck with Turd Butler until the bitter end if he could have. And would have paid him obscene money until he was an old hobbled man probably destroying the franchise in the process.

The only legitimately good move he has made appears to be picking Okogie, and we don't have a half season of him yet. Oh and he barely plays.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:23 pm Giving Thibs credit for Saric and Cov is absurd.

He would have stuck with Turd Butler until the bitter end if he could have. And would have paid him obscene money until he was an old hobbled man probably destroying the franchise in the process.

The only legitimately good move he has made appears to be picking Okogie, and we don't have a half season of him yet. Oh and he barely plays.
I'd rather discuss what is rather than what you think would have happened. Thibs traded Butler for Saric and Covington and the fact that he held out for as long as he did led to better deals being offered for the Wolves. Whether that was because Thibs is stubborn or otherwise isn't really important when we ended up with a fantastic trade, especially given the circumstances.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

zeitgeist wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:39 am
whiskerbiscuit wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:23 pm Giving Thibs credit for Saric and Cov is absurd.

I'd rather discuss what is rather than what you think would have happened. Thibs traded Butler for Saric and Covington and the fact that he held out for as long as he did led to better deals being offered for the Wolves. Whether that was because Thibs is stubborn or otherwise isn't really important when we ended up with a fantastic trade, especially given the circumstances.
Thank you Zeit for helping to create this new one:

PTA

Pure Thibblodyte Apologist.

zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:57 am

Thank you Zeit for helping to create this new one:

PTA

Pure Thibblodyte Apologist.

You're just a hater, you've exposed yourself from day one. I don't care about Thibs, fire him tomorrow, do not care. But I'm not going to make shit up in order to support my points, I'll leave that to ya'll.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

It’s funny that Chicago fires Thibs because he was too much of a hard ass.

Chicago fires Hoiberg because he’s too soft on the players.

Chicago’s new coach tries to be a hard ass and Lolvine the players boycott practice. Bulls had the worst lost in its history by 56 points.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Yea, and the thing is that trade should have been explored even if Butler was a choir boy. It made sense from a strictly basketball standpoint and especially from a money one.

Thibs wouldn't have considered trading Butler unless he had to. You know that. And he would've gave Butler the max so he could stunt our best players' development, not allow for the possibility of Wiggins developing, and probably never contended for a title while playing Butler a max til he's 35.

That is absolutely what would have happened if Thibs had his way. His hand was forced by a player he never should have dealt for to begin with.

Thank god we ended up ok because he was running is right into the ground.

Thibs' work leaves a lot to be desired. No team he's dealt with would take the trade back. FA's have been meh. Draft looks like 1 hit out of 3 and it came with his lowest pick.

C work at best.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

I can't believe how many blind dummies can't understand this.

Its like they all became fans 2 years ago..

This franchise has never been in better condition. :lol:
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Actually they were better off before Thibbs took over.

Better future, young developing stars and the cupboards full of young players and lottery picks to create the final product. This is what Thibbs did with it all. This is not good work by a GM by any standard.

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Maybe another GM could have done better.

But no other GM we’ve ever had would have done better.

That’s kind of the shitty thing about this franchise. Such a bad history.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:37 pm Maybe another GM could have done better.

Great Post!! :thumbsup:
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

A .500 team with maybe a chance to make the playoffs? That's currently in a meat grinder with Phoenix? Kahn had us as good as we are now.

You are delusional. Jesus.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:37 pm Maybe another GM could have done better.

Yea.

But I liked where Flip has us. He had the patience to wait out. Would've loved to see where he'd have us now.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thibbs = DEAD MAN WALKING.

Taylor no doubt has talked to Hoiberg, as well has feelers out to other available coaches agents.

Bye Fucker!
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:21 pm

A .500 team with maybe a chance to make the playoffs? That's currently in a meat grinder with Phoenix? Kahn had us as good as we are now.

When the hell did Kahn have a playoff team??? :thinking:

You don't need to make stuff up, I get it you hate Thibs.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:08 pm Thibbs = DEAD MAN WALKING.

Taylor no doubt has talked to Hoiberg, as well has feelers out to other available coaches agents.

Bye Fucker!
Hoiberg is a useless college coach.

Thibs will be here for years to come, pucker up and get used to it.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:27 pm

Yea this isn't a playoff team.

Just got rolled over by the worst team in the league. .500 maybe. Pretty sure a Kahn team won 40 games.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Just got rolled over by the worst team in the league. .500 maybe. Pretty sure a Kahn team won 40 games.
They had Kevin Love though.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Nobody should be supporting this bullshit.....Nobody!

This guy is a fucking disaster. Taylor saved his ass by trading for Saric and Covington because Thibbs couldn’t bring himself to part with his greatest love of all.

Now what we are left with is a guy who can’t coach a full roster of players and can’t adapt to what the NBA is today. Taylor needs to fucking get rid of him now!

Keeping him here at this point leads to absolutely nothing......Thibbs is fried!!

Thibbs to Butler: I’m all out off love, I’m so lost without you. (Name that Band)

SAD!!

Taylor....Fire this piece of worthless shit and get your players somebody to follow, they are done with this bitch.

morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:32 am Nobody should be supporting this bullshit.....Nobody!

This guy is a fucking disaster. Taylor saved his ass by trading for Saric and Covington because Thibbs couldn’t bring himself to part with his greatest love of all.

Now what we are left with is a guy who can’t coach a full roster of players and can’t adapt to what the NBA is today. Taylor needs to fucking get rid of him now!

Keeping him here at this point leads to absolutely nothing......Thibbs is fried!!

Thibbs to Butler: I’m all out off love, I’m so lost without you. (Name that Band)

SAD!!

Taylor....Fire this piece of worthless shit and get your players somebody to follow, they are done with this bitch.

! :thumbsup:
Taylor did not make any trade genius, are you forgetting he is the dummy that gave Joe Smith money under the table?? :lol:

And Thibs has made some of the movies you dummies have been asking like playing Tolly and Josh as well as starting Saric.

Surprise surprise his rotation/depth chart was right all along :thinking:

This is a new team in transition, we can win at home and are bad on the road for now, but that will change as we develop chemistry.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:30 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:32 am Nobody should be supporting this bullshit.....Nobody!

SAD!!

! :thumbsup:
Taylor did not make any trade genius, are you forgetting he is the dummy that gave Joe Smith money under the table?? :lol:

And Thibs has made some of the movies you dummies have been asking like playing Tolly and Josh as well as starting Saric.

Surprise surprise his rotation/depth chart was right all along :thinking:

This is a new team in transition, we can win at home and are bad on the road for now, but that will change as we develop chemistry.
The players want him gone. He’s done.

jodadamus.

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

That would be Flip Saunders. Saunders came back summer 2013.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:06 pm

That would be Flip Saunders. Saunders came back summer 2013.
That was such a disappointing season. We played like a 48 win team (point differential) and yet still missed the play offs. Suns won 48 and missed the play offs and we had a better point differential than them. Dallas won 49 and Memphis won 50 and we still had a better point differential than both of them.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Picture perfect game tonight that illustrates Thibs' inability to ever adjust to what's happening. Everything he does is set in stone before the game. Sac's 3rd stringers scored like 20 straight against our starters and he doesn't make one damn change. Completely forget's how dominant our bench was in the first half.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Drafting a player late in the first round better than 90% of our lottery picks. Thibs should be GM of the year :lol:

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

morneaumvp wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:21 pm Drafting a player late in the first round better than 90% of our lottery picks. Thibs should be GM of the year :lol:

Yet he only plays him if someone is injured ;)

morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:25 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:21 pm Drafting a player late in the first round better than 90% of our lottery picks. Thibs should be GM of the year :lol:

Yet he only plays him if someone is injured ;)
Thats what happens when you have solid depth, its refreshing to have potentially 11 players deserving of playing time :thinking: