Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post your apologies. Time to support Thibs

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post your apologies. Time to support Thibs

Post by RubeTube »

I read a LOT of "Who's the next coach" and "Get rid of Thibs" threads.

I'm not a Thibs fan but if he gets this team to the playoffs, it's his best coaching job ever!

There isn't a ton of talent on this team and he has them playing well. It would be 2 out of 3 seasons he would have them in the playoffs and back to back years.

This take is "Red Hot" but the truth.

I still don't believe this team will make the playoffs but if they do, you better start supporting Tommy T. No, you are not smarter than him. This man might be here awhile.

Last edited by RubeTube on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Re: You can't have it both ways. Time to support Thibs

Post by Moses Scurry »

"There isn't a ton of talent on this team..."

WTF are you talking about, Wiggins is the Rising Stars MVP and is shooting 37% and 36%.

LEARN THE GAME.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:34 pm "There isn't a ton of talent on this team..."

WTF are you talking about, Wiggins is the Rising Stars MVP and is shooting 37% and 36%.

LEARN THE GAME.
:lol:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Add to it, that he is the best GM in franchise history as well.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:13 pm Add to it, that he is the best GM in franchise history as well.
FACT!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

This is the same nutjob who told players not to talk to Jim Peterson. Lied to Glen Taylor all summer. Doesn't talk to numerous players on his team.

Yeah.... let's support Thibs.

I support the organization, not the coach who doesn't give two shits about the fans.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Danny b on right now saying Thibs in COTY conversation.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:21 pm This is the same nutjob who told players not to talk to Jim Peterson. Lied to Glen Taylor all summer. Doesn't talk to numerous players on his team.

I support the organization, not the coach who doesn't give two shits about the fans.
None of the coaches in any of these sports gives "two shits about the fans" we are just a dollar sign to them. If you don't show or support, someone else will.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:43 pmTITs!!!!
:lol: i remember that
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm Danny b on right now saying Thibs in COTY conversation.
No chance over Doc Rivers right now
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
UnFadeable21

Re: Post your apologies. Time to support Thibs

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Thibs is doing well. Look at Chicago. Looking for another coach since they fired him.

He broke our playoff drought and we had a ton of coaches during that 14 year span.

Casey
Wittman
Rambis
Mchale
Adelman
Flip
Sam

Credit where credit is do. Still I think Thibs needs to make the playoffs to save his job. We’ll see but I’m going to root for this team.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

^^ I think we're all rooting for this team. I hate Wiggins effort, but I'm rooting for him to give effort. If he doesn't then sit his ass down and let Okogie have his shot. I want to win.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

To reiterate from my post earlier today, all four returning starters are seeing reduced minutes while Jones, Rose, and Saric (in Bjelica's role) are seeing increased minutes off the bench. Currently, only one Wolves starter, Covington (since joining the team), is in the Top 40 in minutes per game.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

You're just Joda baiting.
BBG

Post by BBG »

exec of the year
coach of the year
man of the year
BBG

Post by BBG »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:20 pm
BBG wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:02 pm exec of the year
coach of the year
SEXIEST man of the year
FTFY
You're not wrong. He has lost a lot of weight and looks like a new Thibs
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:00 pm You're just Joda baiting.
Joda probably to triggered by the title to enter this thread :thinking:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:21 pm This is the same nutjob who told players not to talk to Jim Peterson. Lied to Glen Taylor all summer. Doesn't talk to numerous players on his team.

Where is your proof?

I am tired of this Minnesota Nice Bitch mindset, I don't give a fuck if Thibs never acknowledges the fans

JUST WIN MOTHERFUCKERS
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Where is your proof?

I am tired of this Minnesota Nice Bitch mindset, I don't give a fuck if Thibs never acknowledges the fans

JUST WIN MOTHERFUCKERS
12-12.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

memyworld wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm To reiterate from my post earlier today, all four returning starters are seeing reduced minutes while Jones, Rose, and Saric (in Bjelica's role) are seeing increased minutes off the bench. Currently, only one Wolves starter, Covington (since joining the team), is in the Top 40 in minutes per game.
Towns helps out with that by getting in foul trouble!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Where is your proof?

JUST WIN MOTHERFUCKERS
12-12.
Brilliant recovery considering the circumstances to start the season, is that all you got? :thinking:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:29 pm I read a LOT of "Who's the next coach" and "Get rid of Thibs" threads.

I'm not a Thibs fan but if he gets this team to the playoffs, it's his best coaching job ever!

There isn't a ton of talent on this team and he has them playing well. It would be 2 out of 3 seasons he would have them in the playoffs and back to back years.

I still don't believe this team will make the playoffs but if they do, you better start supporting Tommy T. No, you are not smarter than him. This man might be here awhile.

Translation, I don't believe in him, but I was right if he makes the playoffs!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:02 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:29 pm I read a LOT of "Who's the next coach" and "Get rid of Thibs" threads.

Translation, I don't believe in him, but I was right if he makes the playoffs!
No. I don't know if I believe in Thibs but I do know that I don't believe in the talent on this team. Hopefully they prove me wrong, they have so far.

I just see many here loving the way we are playing as of late. Have to give Tom some of that credit don't we? Instead we have "Hoiberg" threads :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thibblodytes.....SMH. :roll:

As Thibbs said - Winning cures all. Of course at the time he was hoping to keep Butler in his bed for another season when he said it.

I’ve already given him credit and continue to accept/deal with the fact that Taylor has kept the door open for Thibbs. I’ve enjoyed watching him being neutered a bit by Taylor and scrambling to save his job. If he gets Wiggins and KAT hitting their potentials....this TEAM will be incredibly tough to beat.

We will know more about Thibbs fate around the end of January.

FOTT NIC!

Fan Of This Team, Not It’s Coach!

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

It's good to see that Joda isn't the only one who posts completely stupid shit.....thanks for the laugh this morning. All the great coaches, Belichek, Pop.....you know what they do in the AM when they wake up. They say, hmmmm....how can I make the fans happy?! Jesus fucking christ.......derps to the extreme on that one.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:46 am Thibblodytes.....SMH. :roll:

As Thibbs said - Winning cures all. Of course at the time he was hoping to keep Butler in his bed for another season when he said it.

I’ve already given him credit and continue to accept/deal with the fact that Taylor has kept the door open for Thibbs. I’ve enjoyed watching him being neutered a bit by Taylor and scrambling to save his job. If he gets Wiggins and KAT hitting their potentials....this TEAM will be incredibly tough to beat.

We will know more about Thibbs fate around the end of January.

FOTT NIC!

Fan Of This Team, Not It’s Coach!

Just when I think I heard all the stupid, you totally redeem yourself! Taylor is not doing anything in regards to how Thibs is acting. How many times does it have to be said, Taylor is frugal, he's not cutting out Thibs while still having to pay him. It's the most easy concept to get, and though I don't expect you to grasp common sense, you should at least be able to look at history and connect the dots.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I'm still waiting to hear where it was reported that Taylor orchestrated the Philly trade.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:55 am I'm still waiting to hear where it was reported that Taylor orchestrated the Philly trade.
There was none. :mrgreen:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 am

It's good to see that Joda isn't the only one who posts completely stupid shit.....thanks for the laugh this morning. All the great coaches, Belichek, Pop.....you know what they do in the AM when they wake up. They say, hmmmm....how can I make the fans happy?! Jesus fucking christ.......derps to the extreme on that one.

This is why I call him Joda-lite.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:04 am
T_J wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:55 am I'm still waiting to hear where it was reported that Taylor orchestrated the Philly trade.
There was none. :mrgreen:
Says the same Thibblodytes that thought everything was peachy with Butler and he would sign a great deal here.

#headinsandclub#