Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Slap Shot

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Slap Shot »

Are the apologies still rolling in?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Does he make teammates better?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:17 pm jeez. looks like he dropped the bar on his face.
I've been dying laughing at this comment and that picture for about 15 minutes now haha.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Maple Jordan shit needs to stop already. It's a damn disgrace and downright embarrassing to call this lazy, underachieving POS anything that resembles the GOAT.
Let's get Tropical
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

irishman89 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:31 pm Does he make teammates better?
Hi did in the last 2 weeks of the season, but you don't acknowledge it because you are a hater
Slap Shot wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:25 pm Are the apologies still rolling in?

All you haters will be proved wrong in year 6
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Man this is was an ugly roasting :lol:

-trades-to-replace-the-nbas-10-worst-starters

Atlanta Hawks receive: Andrew Wiggins, 2019 No. 43 overall pick

Minnesota Timberwolves receive: Kent Bazemore, Miles Plumlee

For statistical simpletons who view points per game as the only meaningful metric, Wiggins' ranking might seem like punishment for not living up to his draft pedigree (top choice in 2014) or contract (four years, $122.2 million remaining). Truth is, he's been objectively bad at almost everything other than inefficient volume scoring.

He's been worse than replacement level each of his five NBA seasons. His 9.9 career assist rate is seventh-worst among non-centers with a 25-plus usage percentage (minimum 5,000 minutes). His 6.7 rebounding percentage is third-worst among players his height (6'8") or taller since 2014-15. He landed a criminally low 450th in ESPN's defensive real plus-minus this past season, which is inexcusable with his physical tools.

For Minnesota, this is an escape from one of the Association's most burdensome contracts. Shedding Wiggins' deal without sacrificing more than a mid-second-rounder would be no minor victory. Bazemore and Plumlee would each arrive as an expiring salary, and they'd both work as role players if the Wolves want to compete for a 2020 playoff berth.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Shedding Wiggins for a pair of expiring contracts and only costing them a 2nd round pick? Sign me up!

It's almost comical how shitty he really is. But you know, those last couple of weeks when the games didn't matter anymore..........
Let's get Tropical
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:36 pm Shedding Wiggins for a pair of expiring contracts and only costing them a 2nd round pick? Sign me up!

It's almost comical how shitty he really is. But you know, those last couple of weeks when the games didn't matter anymore..........
Gersson is from the Rockets school of Daryl Morey, so creative trades are hopefully gonna be the norm
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

We are in such bad shape with Wigs, I mean, he's got talent, and if we DO find a way to trade him, who hopes that he fails just so we can be relieved?

I would hate to see a trade to another team and Wiggins actually did improve over the summer. :shock:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:45 pm We are in such bad shape with Wigs, I mean, he's got talent, and if we DO find a way to trade him, who hopes that he fails just so we can be relieved?

I would hate to see a trade to another team and Wiggins actually did improve over the summer. :shock:
I'd love to see him get traded and then somehow the switch finally goes off and he starts dominating. Will that happen? Not likely, someone needs to do a brain transplant I think.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:04 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:45 pm We are in such bad shape with Wigs, I mean, he's got talent, and if we DO find a way to trade him, who hopes that he fails just so we can be relieved?

I'd love to see him get traded and then somehow the switch finally goes off and he starts dominating. Will that happen? Not likely, someone needs to do a brain transplant I think.
So if we deal him we we’d have to worry about another team being added to his I give a damn about playing hard list? Wolves would join OKC, Cleveland and Toronto as only teams he shows a pulse against.

I’ll take my chances dealing him for anything to get him off this roster ASAP
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Maybe this is where everyone that defended him should be posting their apologies to me.

All you guys need to say is: “I’m sorry Decker, you were right about Andrew from day one.”
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Decker23 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 pm Maybe this is where everyone that defended him should be posting their apologies to me.

All you guys need to say is: “I’m sorry Decker, you were right about Andrew from day one.”
And me...I’ve been saying Wiggins was trash after his second season yet everyone ripped me a new one for pointing out the obvious flaws in Wiggy
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:19 pm
Decker23 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 pm Maybe this is where everyone that defended him should be posting their apologies to me.

And me...I’ve been saying Wiggins was trash after his second season yet everyone ripped me a new one for pointing out the obvious flaws in Wiggy
Good on both of you, I don't think I turned on him until season 4.

Hopefully Wiggs is in the rumored DLo trade
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Watching “Tombstone” on DVR right now. Damn good movie. I don’t know how Val Kilmer didn’t get an Oscar nod for his portrayal of Doc Holliday. Has there been a better Western since?
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:49 am Watching “Tombstone” on DVR right now. Damn good movie. I don’t know how Val Kilmer didn’t get an Oscar nod for his portrayal of Doc Holliday. Has there been a better Western since?
Deadwood.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:29 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:49 am Watching “Tombstone” on DVR right now. Damn good movie. I don’t know how Val Kilmer didn’t get an Oscar nod for his portrayal of Doc Holliday. Has there been a better Western since?
Deadwood.
Was “Unforgiven” before or after “Tombstone?”

I know they were around the same time.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:42 am
Deadwood.

I think Unforgiven was in the early 90s, which should be before Tombstone, but I could be mistaken. I'd definitely put it above Tombstone though.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

There's a video out there somewhere of Val Kilmer explaining how he got the Doc Holiday persona down. Very interesting.. one of the best film characters ever. Some amazing lines.

I went ahead and found it:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:48 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:42 am

Deadwood.

I think Unforgiven was in the early 90s, which should be before Tombstone, but I could be mistaken. I'd definitely put it above Tombstone though.
Yeah. “Unforgiven” is a great movie.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Why don't you own up to your bet on the Bulls that you made after the Butler trade? You said the Bulls would win more games than the Wolves did the year before they got Butler or you'd leave Wolves Chat for a year.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Unforgiven is definitely better - 1992
Tombstone - 1993

No Country For Old Men, Hell or High Water, True Grit remake, maybe the 3:10 to Yuma remake.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Wiggins is my least favorite Timberwolf. But the most glaring problem when we talk Wigs is his terrible contract.

If he’s making half that I’m certain most here (myself included) would have less issues with him and would be complaining less.

That dope Glen is to blame for that contract. If he isn’t being cheap he seems to make up for it with being stupid.

I fully expect exactly what we’ve been getting from Wiggins moving forward.

Flashes of brilliance every now and then. Heck even a good month or two. But overall, I expect him to underwhelm and disappoint.

So maybe since we can’t change his contract we maybe should accept him as is and lower the bar a tad? Maybe quite a bit?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Wiggins' biggest problem is between his ears. If he starts loafing, why not bring him off the bench? Use him in a 6th or 7th man role. That might be his future in the NBA down the line anyway.

I don't care how it looks or how much he makes. He should have to earn his starting spot. If Wiggins is giving you more, that's good, start him, if not...why not start Okogie?

Teague
Okogie
Covington
Saric
Towns
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

That lineup isn't great, but it's not terrible. Middle of the road.
T_J

Post by T_J »

We can really blame Kahn for the Wiggins contract. We fucked up the Love max extension and then swung the pendulum way too far the other direction on Wiggins. 6 years since he was canned, and 4 more years of Wiggins contract to deal with.

KAHHHHHHNNNN!!!!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

T_J wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:56 am We can really blame Kahn for the Wiggins contract. We fucked up the Love max extension and then swung the pendulum way too far the other direction on Wiggins. 6 years since he was canned, and 4 more years of Wiggins contract to deal with.

KAHHHHHHNNNN!!!!
So 10 years of you guys thinking that Kahn ever did anything other than say yes Mr. Taylor.

He didn't.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

YBBR wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 pm Wiggins' biggest problem is between his ears. If he starts loafing, why not bring him off the bench? Use him in a 6th or 7th man role. That might be his future in the NBA down the line anyway.

I don't care how it looks or how much he makes. He should have to earn his starting spot. If Wiggins is giving you more, that's good, start him, if not...why not start Okogie?

Teague
Okogie
Covington
Saric
Towns
Absolutely agree. You think Ryan's friendship with Andrew will get in the way of that though?
T_J

Post by T_J »

kilkenny wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:05 am
YBBR wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 pm Wiggins' biggest problem is between his ears. If he starts loafing, why not bring him off the bench? Use him in a 6th or 7th man role. That might be his future in the NBA down the line anyway.

Teague
Okogie
Covington
Saric
Towns
Absolutely agree. You think Ryan's friendship with Andrew will get in the way of that though?
100% and I mentioned that when we hired Ryan. The replies described that "accountability isn't by screaming like Thibs". Obviously there's a tremendous amount of grey area in between and this is potentially a situation where a coach and a (bad) player are essentially peers.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »